Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Nintendo DS Wifi

Ascendancy
I'm a second year student!

Member 1628

Level 9.05

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 06:54 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 11:54 AM #1 of 14
Nintendo DS Wifi

Ok, so I bought a PCI wifi card in the hope that I could use it to play online using my DS. The DS Detects my wireless card, but when it tries to test the connection it says it cant connect. The card isnt firewalled or anything like that. Anyone got any idea if what i'm trying to do is possible?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 07:03 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 02:03 AM #2 of 14
I'm pretty sure its possible to connect your DS to the internet through your computer's wireless card. If only I could remember how (It might have something to do with switching your wireless card's connection mode to Ad-hoc and bridging it to your active connection. Its basically a peer-to-peer connection via wireless.) I'm sure someone here can help you with this.

If there isn't a way, I recommend getting a refund for your wireless card and getting one of these if you can: Nintendo Wifi USB connector

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Kairyu; Jun 1, 2006 at 07:05 AM.
Yume
New Born.

Member 1395

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 07:15 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 01:15 PM #3 of 14
Originally Posted by Kairyu
If there isn't a way, I recommend getting a refund for your wireless card and getting one of these if you can: Nintendo Wifi USB connector

That or buy a Cable/DSL Wireless Router which would work with your DS without much problem.

The vendor choices I recommend are Netgear and Linksys.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 10:41 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 08:41 AM #4 of 14
I think you have to do that Bridging Connections thing under Network Connections somewhere.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 10:49 AM Local time: Jun 2, 2006, 02:49 AM #5 of 14
Originally Posted by Yume
That or buy a Cable/DSL Wireless Router which would work with your DS without much problem.

The vendor choices I recommend are Netgear and Linksys.
If you do that be sure to check Nintendo's list of compatible routers... Screw you D-Link Router!!!

I was speaking idiomatically.
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 10:55 AM #6 of 14
I don't understand how the Nintendo DS, an 802.11b device, can be incompatable with 802.11b/g routers.

Do what RR says. If you get the official Nintendo WiFi connector, that's what the setup does beyond installing drivers.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Unagi
- slippery as.

Member 7325

Level 5.90

May 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:07 AM #7 of 14
I have myself a router, so it's not built into the computer as your card is, meaning that your case may be entirely different.

In any case, as long as I had power to my router, the DS would detect it. Of course it wouldn't be able to connect (as your card seems inable to) since I wasn't feeding any of my internet cables into it yet.

Maybe your card isn't fully/properly installed? Even if you follow all the directions that come with the product, this can still be the case. I have DSL, but telling my router that didn't work, I had to change all my settings to Cable and run through setup again.

If there is any way to feed your internet connection through your card, and not your PC -try that. See if you have connectivity. If you don't, then you know your problem lies there.

By the way, avoid buying the Nintendo USB unless you really just want a quick fix. I don't remember, but I think it's around 30$; I got my router for 20$ after rebate and it works perfectly (and it will work with other devices as well). You may have to do some homework though to get a good price.

How ya doing, buddy?
Little Shithead
prettiest miku

Member 90

Level 33.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:15 AM #8 of 14
If you had read the thread, we have already pretty much posted the solution.

We're just waiting on him to come back saying if bridging the PCI Wifi card to his ethernet card, and then if it could connect.

We can also assume he has the PCI card installed properly, since he says the DS can detect, and connect to, the network being broadcasted through it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Ascendancy
I'm a second year student!

Member 1628

Level 9.05

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 01:35 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 06:35 PM #9 of 14
Ok, I've bridged the Wireless connection with my Ethernet ADSL Router. Still detects the wireless access point, then fails the test. Same message as before

Error code: 51300

Unable to connect to an access point. Confirm WFC Connection settings and access point settings. For help, visit www.nintendowifi.com

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Duminas
Something

Member 29

Level 13.21

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 01:45 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 10:45 AM #10 of 14
Is your router using WEP, by chance? You couldn't have enabled it accidentally, but maybe you just forgot if you did; are other computers able to connect to your router properly?

Also, is your router performing MAC Address filtering? Look here for your router's information, and see if it has that feature.

Not sure what this "bridging" is.

Most amazing jew boots

Need help using an FTP client? Look no further! ««
T1249NTSCJ
Good Chocobo

Member 317

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 01:54 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 02:54 PM #11 of 14
Originally Posted by Ascendancy
Ok, I've bridged the Wireless connection with my Ethernet ADSL Router. Still detects the wireless access point, then fails the test. Same message as before

Error code: 51300

Unable to connect to an access point. Confirm WFC Connection settings and access point settings. For help, visit www.nintendowifi.com
Nintendo forums which covers the error code you mentioned.

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/...ssage.id=35931

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 02:09 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 12:09 PM #12 of 14
You might want to try disabling any Windows Firewall you have going on for the time being, as well.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Unagi
- slippery as.

Member 7325

Level 5.90

May 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 02:22 PM #13 of 14
Originally Posted by Merv Burger
If you had read the thread, we have already pretty much posted the solution.

We're just waiting on him to come back saying if bridging the PCI Wifi card to his ethernet card, and then if it could connect.

We can also assume he has the PCI card installed properly, since he says the DS can detect, and connect to, the network being broadcasted through it.
I'm sorry if my intentions were apparently misguided and usesless, as you so succinctly put it. We all know that any computer problem has one definite solution, don't we?

In any case, it appears Ascendancy's DS detects the wireless device, but cannot connect to it as you put down. I had the same problem at first, and decided to share what happened. As long as power is running through a wireless device, the DS detects it, internet connectivity is not needed.
-----

Sorry for the post, I'm not trying to flame, and there are no hard feelings over here. The quoted post was directed at me, and I felt obligated to respond.

Good luck on getting your DS working; it can be a pain, but usually it's a very simple matter that one overlooks or didn't know about at first that fixes it.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2006, 03:50 PM Local time: Jun 1, 2006, 03:50 PM #14 of 14
My money's on the card not having an Ad-Hoc connection set up correctly. Might want to post in Nintendo's site there to specify how you want the connection made.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Help Desk > Nintendo DS Wifi