Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Grey's Anatomy

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 01:13 PM #1 of 78
Grey's Anatomy

I was surprised that there was not a thread for this show yet. I think it's a great show. I only got into it recently, so I still don't know most of the characters names, but I love it. This week's episode was fantastic. I think that it's the best episode that I've seen so far.

Anybody else watch this?

Jam it back in, in the dark.

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 01:27 PM #2 of 78
Yeah, I watch it. I initially only started watching because Sandra Oh was in it, but now I'm really liking all the characters. It's weird because I'm not that into hospital dramas, but I like this show a lot. And I agree, last night's show was really good.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
MagicalVacation
I'm drunk on love... And beer.

Member 1330

Level 11.42

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:03 AM Local time: Apr 5, 2006, 05:03 PM #3 of 78
Here in Belgium it starts airing for the first time tomorrow evening, the commercials I've seen so far look promising. And I agree, Sandra Oh adds appeal to the show. I liked her in Sideways too.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 10, 2006, 11:42 PM #4 of 78
Why can't this show follow a normal broadcast schedule? This is irritating. Does anybody know if there will be a new episode this week?

Most amazing jew boots

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 02:02 PM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 01:02 PM #5 of 78
This show is a good comedy. It focuses on the quirkiness of the characters as well as situational humor, which I enjoy.

I was speaking idiomatically.
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 02:26 PM #6 of 78
Yep! I watch this ever week! ^__^

Apart from 24 this is the only other show on TV I make an effort to watch. I have a friend who I discuss it with immediately after it's over so it makes for a fun time.

Anyway, great show! Only thing about it is I find it hard to find a particular character that attratcts me to it. Certainly not Grey I'd say, her appearance I mean she is kinda wierd looking. Thin lips, stoned looking all the time, etc. -(O_o)-

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
[/RIGHT]
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 06:45 AM #7 of 78
Does anybody know if there is going to be a new episode tonight? It's been a month since I haven't seen a new ep. I'm getting rather annoyed.

FELIPE NO

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Apr 30, 2006, 12:13 PM #8 of 78
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
Does anybody know if there is going to be a new episode tonight? It's been a month since I haven't seen a new ep. I'm getting rather annoyed.
Yes, there will be a new episode tonight. From here on out, each week will have a new episode. I'll be tuning in. I'm annoyed by the way the schedule is setup as well.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 05:31 AM #9 of 78
So last night's episode was pretty good.

Spoiler:
WTF is up with McDreamy? He's suddenly all pissed off that Meredith is dating his vet? Ok. What a jerk.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 07:54 AM #10 of 78
Spoiler:
Derrick is being a bitch right now. He chose the wife he didn't have feelings for anymore over Meredith, who he had feelings for. For the longest time Meredith was still fixated on Derrick, and now that he sees she's starting to move on, he's all pissed about it. Tough shit, deal with it.

Overall, a good episode though. Next week is the 2-night season finale.

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 05:59 PM #11 of 78
2-night season finale? They're spreading it over two weeks?! Bastards!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 06:05 PM Local time: May 8, 2006, 05:05 PM #12 of 78
Originally Posted by Mucknuggle
2-night season finale? They're spreading it over two weeks?! Bastards!
No, it's over two nights. Part one will be coming on this Sunday (5/14/06), followed by part two (two hours) on next Monday (5/15/06).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 10:15 PM #13 of 78
Yeah, Rockgamer is right. Sorry I didn't clarify.

Most amazing jew boots
Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 10:35 PM #14 of 78
McDreamy was a jerk in the finale. >= o

[/RIGHT]
Flyzelle
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4391

Level 3.52

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 10:53 PM #15 of 78
I love this show...I watch it every sunday possible...what's everyone's favorite episode if they have one?

FELIPE NO
daxy
Chocobo

Member 3716

Level 9.79

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 07:23 PM Local time: May 10, 2006, 01:23 AM #16 of 78
Over here in Holland we just finished season one tonight. I just can't wait to see the next season.
I don't know how to do those spoiler tags so I won't be posting lots haha :P

xiaowei
Bear Leisure

Member 792

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 09:19 PM #17 of 78
Originally Posted by Flyzelle
I love this show...I watch it every sunday possible...what's everyone's favorite episode if they have one?
Where George O'Malley flies solo in the elevator. I like it just because.

How ya doing, buddy?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2006, 10:01 PM #18 of 78
Wow. The episode that just aired was amazing. Izzy is crazy. I cannot wait until tomorrow.

Jan
Lemon Laudanum

Member 64

Level 28.08

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 02:27 AM #19 of 78
Originally Posted by Jan
McDreamy was a jerk in the finale. >= o
Sorry I have to quote myself. That was not infact the season finale.

Wow though yah the last two nights shows(the real seaon finale) were freaking awesome. The only thing I could think of in my head was

FUCKEN SAVED!!

How ya doing, buddy?
[/RIGHT]
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 05:26 AM #20 of 78
So to recap:

- Meredith is still in love with McDreamy.
- McDreamy is still in love with Meredith.
- George is still in love with Meredith.
- The vet is falling in love with Meredith.

It's going to be an interesting third season. Oh, and Izzy is apparently leaving the show.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

xiaowei
Bear Leisure

Member 792

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old May 16, 2006, 10:47 AM #21 of 78
Those two episodes were definitely a wonderful clincher. I am excited for third season.

I was speaking idiomatically.
speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 22, 2006, 01:53 AM Local time: Sep 22, 2006, 12:53 AM #22 of 78
They put this up against the original CSI. After watching season 2 almost completely, and catching most of season 1, I feel this show can definitely compete with CSI. I do think CSI is a great show, but after watching the Season 3 premiere of Grey's Anatomy it's clear what a quality show this is. I am pulling for this show to beat CSI in the ratings by the end of this TV season. It has the potential...

I really think it's great how they have all the subtle undertones running throughout each episode,
Spoiler:
like when the younger doc and McDreamy's wife were talking about the baby, and he was saying, "You can get past a bad childhood, you've just got to survive" or something, and the conversation they were really having was about McDreamy's wife even though he didn't realize it. Classic.

Nearly every character shows some sort of growth or evolution in each episode, which is great. Casting ftw!

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar

Last edited by speculative; Sep 22, 2006 at 01:56 AM.
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Sep 24, 2006, 08:14 PM #23 of 78
I believe the season opener actually beat CSI! Wow. Also, it was a great episode. I'm so happy to see that Izzy isn't leaving the show and I'm eagerly awaiting this Thursday. It's going to be the best night of television for me. Grey's Anatomy followed by The Ultimate Fighter.

FELIPE NO

ArchesFan
And for my next trick....he'll confess.

Member 7800

Level 11.26

Jun 2006

Old Sep 25, 2006, 04:15 PM Local time: Sep 25, 2006, 04:15 PM #24 of 78
I'm a huge fan of Grey's and I believe the 3rd season premiere got off to a great start.

Spoiler:
I think they handled the feelings of Denny's death well because they could have easily just said it was 2 months later and everything was resolved, but they started it right after the "prom" at Seattle Grace. The season opener was just alot of resolution from the season 2 finale.

George and Callie will be sticking around for awhile, and I loved the conversation that George and Mcdreamy had and he said, "I told her (Meredith) I loved her" and he still has those feelings and we'll obviously see some point where he either decides to finally say it to Callie or not.

The whole Finn/Mcdreamy race for Meredith thing is probably going to played up until midseason. I don't know who I want her to end up with. I prefer Finn because Derek has just been a real jerk to Meredith at points. I especially just hated him when he called Meredith a whore and she told him that he didn't have the right to call her a whore when he was the one with a wife that he neglected to inform her about.

I have to say I did have three moments I really liked. Addison, at first I hated her, but now I feel like she's the one being dragged around because Derek just isn't there for her anymore and she keeps trying to hold on to it, but it's pretty much gone now. Her finding Mer's panties and posting them to the bulletin board was kind of mean, but I think it's been hard for Addison to have the hope that Derek and her might be back together, then not, then maybe, then not again, then definetly not and it's just reached her boiling point.

Secondly, Alex. Another character I hate, no matter how hot he seems at times. He's an arrogant little [insert any derogatory terms here]. But he's kind of been shown in a new light when he stayed with Izzie when Denny died and in the season opener he had a geniune care for the abandoned baby. Plus he said that line about how you can get past a bad childhood, which obviously was an allusion to his own. We'll see what his character shows.

Third, Bailey. I love Bailey anyway, she's sassy and funny and mean, but she has a good heart. You could really feel Bailey's frustration and sadness about the situation of the guy who was stuck in the room and she couldn't go in was just an addition to trying to figure out whether or not her interns did the right thing and how she felt about how Izzie did the whole thing in the beginning. She had some very emotional scenes and they were terrific.

As for the rest of the episode. The Chief is a bit of an idiot to not sit and talk with his wife for a little while and their marriage is possibly over now. The flashbacks to Mer's childhood and the mixer before the interns first day was kind of LOST-ish, but I think it was good to show what they were like before everything happened. I love how Burke pretty much ignored Christina and now they're an item.

gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Sep 26, 2006, 03:30 PM Local time: Sep 26, 2006, 12:30 PM #25 of 78
I love Grey's Anatomy. My roommates and I had some other kids over to watch the season premiere last Thursday and I loved it (though it left everyone in the apartment feeling slightly depressed). I can't wait for this Thursday.

ArchesFan:

I was sooo angry when McDreamy called Meredith a whore. He really did not have the right to do that and I couldn't believe he said it.

I feel the same way about Addison. I thought she was a total bitch, but McDreamy is not treating her right and he should just end his marriage with her or get over Meredith.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Grey's Anatomy