Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

ChocoJournal: What would you like? (New Edition)

bobo
Chocobo Ex-Owner

Member 1

Level 14.75

Feb 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 04:27 PM #1 of 51
ChocoJournal: What would you like? (New Edition)

I've been out of the loop for a bit so I haven't been able to actively keep up on what the community wants to have on ChocoJournal but I was wondering what you wanted to see added or changed?

Most amazing jew boots
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 04:32 PM #2 of 51
I have heard a bit of demand for an "exclusively private" journal entry feature, where you just write for yourself. Something to the effect of Xanga's "Public, Protected, Private" options. I can see this potentially coming in handy.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 04:40 PM #3 of 51
Just thinking about it, it'd be kind of nice to have a WYSIWYG editor (like if you were making a post) and proper link parsing.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 05:13 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2007, 03:13 PM #4 of 51
Increased character limit for what we rename our comments to. I've wanted to put something in there that's like one or two letters too long so many times. =(

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 05:23 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2007, 04:23 PM #5 of 51
Increased character limit for what we rename our comments to. I've wanted to put something in there that's like one or two letters too long so many times. =(
I was going to post the exact same thing.

I was speaking idiomatically.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 05:54 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2007, 03:54 PM #6 of 51
Posted this in the Bugs/Features thread a few days ago, so I'll just paste it here:

How about permalinks for journal comments? It can sorta be done through pagination by setting the number of comments to 1, but the comment that's displayed is different based on whether or not the viewer's journal comments display is set to newest->oldest or oldest->newest. In order to be able to link to specific comments in this journal entry for EVERYONE to see, I had to take screenshots of each one.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 06:11 PM #7 of 51
Also, being able to use the mp3 tags in the "now playing" section would be totally rad. (Stolen idea from Enceph)

FELIPE NO

Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 06:11 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2007, 04:11 PM #8 of 51
This is more of a bug that hasn't been fixed yet. Nothing serious but it does bug me a bit each time I see it:

http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/jo...iew&userid=297

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 06:42 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2007, 04:42 PM #9 of 51
Links in journal banners.

EDIT: With more thought, the ability to do limited bbcode would be nice. The ability to make your banner image a link, or to do some text effects with your message. Nothing too crazy, but being able to do italics or bold or different fonts.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by galen; Jan 7, 2007 at 06:45 PM.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 09:01 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2007, 09:01 PM #10 of 51
It would be nice to not only know how many new comments there are, but on what entry. Not all replies come on the latest entry.

bobo
Chocobo Ex-Owner

Member 1

Level 14.75

Feb 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 09:16 PM #11 of 51
Also, being able to use the mp3 tags in the "now playing" section would be totally rad. (Stolen idea from Enceph)
What are MP3 Tags?

Most amazing jew boots
packrat
Mountain Chocobo

Member 8785

Level 28.07

Jun 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 10:15 PM #12 of 51
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file:
http://www.gamingforce.com/forums/te...w-feature.html

How ya doing, buddy?

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 10:48 PM #13 of 51
I don't think we have this, but then again I haven't looked recently. I think that it would be cool to have a feature that shows you who has been reading your journal over the past day, week, month, total. Is it possible to get the views sorted individually like that?

Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:52 PM Local time: Jan 7, 2007, 10:52 PM #14 of 51
I would like the "mood" character limit to be higher, as I prefer to put both a descriptive word and a smilie.

Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2007, 12:50 PM #15 of 51
Just thinking about it, it'd be kind of nice to have a WYSIWYG editor (like if you were making a post) and proper link parsing.
I CONCUR.

Seriously, I fucking hate making CJ entries with any vB code whatsoever, because it's such a hassle to type up (or copy from a real post box to CJ).

I was just going to make a CJ entry about this too. Strange. as if anyone would've read it anyway...

FELIPE NO
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2007, 04:30 PM Local time: Jan 10, 2007, 11:30 PM #16 of 51
I don't use ChocoJournal that much, but I think it would only be reasonable to have the "pretty" URL look from the forums extend to journal entries, so they get indexed better by search engines.

For example, have

http: //www.gamingforce.com/forums/journal.php?action=view&userid=???

become

http: //www.gamingforce.com/forums/journal/(username-id)/(journalentry-id)/

I think this would also be very handy for giving out links to friends and so on. As it happens, the journal.php? query is very cryptic and not very "pretty" to look at.

Then again, I think this might be too complicated to implement (all with the redirection and .htaccess stuff), but some knowledgeable people (sup Blah) might take a look at this and see what they think of the suggestion.

Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2007, 04:42 PM Local time: Jan 10, 2007, 11:42 PM #17 of 51
The only problem with that is username changes. The user# is implemented since that doesn't change. Unless by username-id you mean their user number.
Ideally, it would be a combination of username and ID. But I see how username changes would be problematic with these URLs ...

I still think it would be awesome as it would make journals and entries so much more ... accessible. Especially if www.gamingforce.com/forums/journal/ would also redirect to the ChocoJournal "starting" page.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2007, 04:42 PM Local time: Jan 10, 2007, 02:42 PM #18 of 51
The last time I asked for this a ton of people threw a shitfit and were just telling me to code it right and not be so lazy.

CAN OPEN! WORMS EVERY-FUCKING-WHERE!

Old Jan 10, 2007, 06:56 PM #19 of 51
I'd say having a full WYSIWYG editor when you press the preview button would be a good idea. Then again, it already goes to a separate page already when making new entries.

Fuck it, I'd like a full WYSIWYG editor as well. Or at least an option to enable it.

We should have public, private, and personal entry levels as well. Some people would like to use chocojournal as their own personal diary. Why stop them? If they want thoughts from the public or people on their friends list then they'll set it accordingly.

Polls in chocojournals wouldn't be a bad thing either.

Hey guys who's your favorite character?
o Mario
o Sonic
o Kirby
o Spyro
o Boogerman

Why not? Polls would be a fun feature to have.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Leknaat
Evil

Member 137

Level 34.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2007, 07:28 PM #20 of 51
The last time I asked for this a ton of people threw a shitfit and were just telling me to code it right and not be so lazy.

CAN OPEN! WORMS EVERY-FUCKING-WHERE!
More like Giant Beans......<3

Love you, Ceph......

Anyway, I agree with the 3 types of journal entries, since some private entires you don't want anyone to see. Or if a choice can be made on the private entry:
Allow Buddies to read?
Yes
No

And, knowing which entries were commented on is a GREAT idea--I forget who mentioned it. Although I don't have many entries, I'm pretty sure someone going to their journal and seeing "5 new comments since your last visit" and finding out they're on entries on page 10 is a drag.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 10, 2007, 09:04 PM #21 of 51
So I just made a public entry after a private entry, and my public entry was merged INTO my private entry because it was made within the same hour. Can we have it sorted out so that we can make an entry of each kind within an hour and NOT have them merge?

Old Jan 10, 2007, 09:19 PM #22 of 51
Ooh, that is bad. So does it make it a private or a public entry after being merged? I'm guessing it turns into whatever it was set to in the newest entry which could be very bad.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 02:06 PM #23 of 51
Now that I think about it, why don't we just merge all of LiveJournal's features into the CJ system?

Seriously now, I used to have fun posting at LJ when I had creativity.

How ya doing, buddy?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Jan 12, 2007, 02:54 PM #24 of 51
I really miss being able to quickly access the last 20 journal comments I made. I often comment in someone's journal with the intent of following up on it, but then I forget whose journals I've commented in. Can we get that feature back, please?

Old Jan 12, 2007, 04:07 PM #25 of 51
I still think the My Replies and Comments buttons are too vague to dicern from each other. I always click one expecting the other's results. The little icons that go with them don't help at all either. Perhaps they worsen the confusion. I would call the button that goes to comments in your journal "My CJ's latest comments". "My Replies" sounds like "my replies that I've made in other people's journals". "Comments" should be "My Comments" or something to emphasize that they are comments that you have made in other people's journals.

The buttons are fucking big enough so I don't see why we can't be more descriptive in them. I seriously can't discern the two apart by their names unless I memorize what which one does. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Furthermore if they're comments being done in my journal then I think the arrow should be pointing left as that seems more towards myself. An arrow pointing right seems more like away from myself and towards others.

I'll have to come up with a new graphic or name or something b/c those two buttons seriously bug the heck out of me. In the meantime you guys are free to come up with better name suggestions and graphics and things.

Most amazing jew boots
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > ChocoJournal: What would you like? (New Edition)