Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] CBS's Nuclear Apocalypse Drama: Jericho

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 03:04 AM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 03:04 AM #1 of 49
CBS's Nuclear Apocalypse Drama: Jericho

Jericho is set in a fictional Kansas town nestled between Denver and Wichita. When a mushroom cloud plumes over Denver, and communications go out, panic begins to set in as nuclear fallout fills the skies. The torrent for the pilot can be found here and a new episode will air tonight on CBS at 8PM ET/PT.

So far some pretty radical stuff has happened, though the writers seem to be attempting to apply a WB drama mentality to the nuclear apocalypse. Something that's sure to be interesting as the crisis plays out over the next several episodes. In tonight's episode the town is hit by the fallout and people develop radiation sickness.

So far it's worth watching, but we'll see if modern entertainment can ruin even the most awesome of survivalist settings.

There's also a companion website called Beyond Jericho which features a seperate story and events that will eventually intertwine with the show.

And Beyond Jericho is extremely retarded. How lovely.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Bradylama; Sep 27, 2006 at 03:45 AM.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 09:03 AM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 07:03 AM #2 of 49
I watched the pilot last week, though I was in-and-out for the first bit, until the first kaboom. Of course, once I see an explosion, destruction, chaos, my interest level spiked. Coupled with the random prison bus, more nuke clouds, and the fact that I started this show, Jericho has become worth watching.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 05:39 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 04:39 PM #3 of 49
I just got through watching the pilot a few minutes ago, and I'll say I was impressed. I didn't really think too much of it before I saw it (which is why I forgot to watch it when it originally came on last week), but now I'm definitely gonna keep looking out for this one. If the rest of the series can stay on par with the pilot, I can see this being one of the better shows this season.

How ya doing, buddy?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 06:16 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 06:16 PM #4 of 49
Originally Posted by Bradylama
So far some pretty radical stuff has happened, though the writers seem to be attempting to apply a WB drama mentality to the nuclear apocalypse.
That's exactly what I was afraid would happen with Heroes, but so far that show's been far surpassing my expectations as far as kid gloves go. I mean, they showed a disemboweled body on national TV, for crying out loud.

I'll check it out, but I really hope they don't turn it into a Smallville.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 06:18 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 03:18 PM #5 of 49
My Grandpa's nephew (Not sure what that makes him to me. Second uncle?) is some sort of producer on this show. I'll have to check it out, eventually.

I was speaking idiomatically.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 09:19 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 07:19 PM #6 of 49
So Denver, Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Diego, and at least 3 other cities have been mushroom-clouded. Characters are becoming mysterious, and the situation is surreal. So I'm officially watching this show now.

I wonder if they're gonna show if the people from the mine survived the blast next episode, of if that's something to come back to a few more episodes later.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
waka waka

speculative
Hard to believe it was just 5 seasons...

Member 1399

Level 25.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:10 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 10:10 PM #7 of 49
I wanted to like this show, but the characters are simplistic next to Lost, House, Grey's Anatomy, CSI, and a half-dozen other shows. They will really have to ramp up the writing quality to keep me as a viewer. In fact, if they don't I don't see this show lasting past the first season.

It seems like they tried to create a show with the wholesomeness of Highway to Heaven or Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman against the backdrop of the post-apocalypse. If that's the case, I hope Mad Max shows up and teaches them a thing or two about the post-apocalypse...

FELIPE NO
"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little, and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there. Too much – the best of us is washed away…" - G'Kar
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:47 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 10:47 PM #8 of 49
Originally Posted by nazpyro
So Denver, Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Diego, and at least 3 other cities have been mushroom-clouded.
Yeah, and wasn't San Diego where Jake said he was going to go back to at first, before all this stuff started happening? Sucks for him now, because whatever was waiting for him there just got blowed the fuck up.

But yeah, I'm now officially watching this show as well. It's not like there's anything else to watch at this time anyway, so CBS pretty much has a slam dunk in my opinion. And starting next week, I'll be watching this along with Lost and The Nine, which seem like good fits to go with this show.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:28 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 03:28 AM #9 of 49
Lookin' good, lookin' good. I'm really looking forward to how much the situation will spin out of control.

Quote:
"Four Horsemen" October 4, 2006 3
The rain stops and people emerge from hiding as rumors of a tank battalion traveling west spread through the community. Some of the townsfolk decide to leave Jericho, and a cryptic snippet of a broadcast causes worry.

"The Walls of Jericho" October 11, 2006 4
A dying man who may have radiation burns is found, and he has a mysterious warning; Dale discovers a train loaded with food outside town. A map is hung on the wall that shows which major cities have been hit.
Apparently somebody at CBS was informed on what a bunch of campy B-grade shit Beyond Jericho was and they've pulled the plug on the project. The companion site no longer exists.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 04:47 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 03:47 PM #10 of 49
Originally Posted by Bradylama
Apparently somebody at CBS was informed on what a bunch of campy B-grade shit Beyond Jericho was and they've pulled the plug on the project. The companion site no longer exists.
I never even checked it out myself, but I read that it was pretty stupid. Them pulling it just pretty much confirms this, so I feel no loss from never going.

The whole concept in general just seems kinda stupid, though. Lost did it kinda good at first, but now they just went overboard with the whole thing. And now Prison Break is trying to do it as well, and that's just terrible to start with.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 05:29 PM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 05:29 PM #11 of 49
The post apocalypse isn't the kind of setting that lends itself well to long drawn-out episode runs. Unless of course, nobody dies.

How ya doing, buddy?
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 09:11 PM #12 of 49
I'm hooked - I admit...

If anyone's interested - I've got all the episodes on my FTP (see sig)

Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 10:06 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 10:06 PM #13 of 49
Hmmm... after reading all these posts on the show, I may have to take a look at this. My mother has begun watching it and seems hooked, while my brother thinks its crap. As of right now (I watched a few minutes of it when I was home), I wasn't impressed by it. Had these feelings of a Christian type show... "Jericho"

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 07:39 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 07:39 AM #14 of 49
Jericho is mostly an allusion.

The biggest problem with the show is that the plot doesn't advance until the first and last 5 minutes, making the rest of an episode filler. It keeps stringing me along because I love the Post Apocalypse, but if the body count doesn't start rising I'm gonna be seriously pissed.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Grubdog
Custom User Title

Member 780

Level 17.58

Mar 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:06 AM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 11:06 PM #15 of 49
The only part that is getting to me badly is how some people focus on insignificant crap and relationships when the world is falling apart. I suppose that could be intentional though.

FELIPE NO
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Oct 26, 2006, 04:31 PM Local time: Oct 26, 2006, 04:31 PM #16 of 49
What's starting to get to me is how every time people start behaving like rational beings is how the whole community pulls together in some kind of communist hippy love-in by the end of the episode, and all crises are averted. There's not a chance in Hell that people would have helped that guy harvest his corn "no strings attached," and it was perfectly reasonable of the store owner to try and trade her pesticides for half the crop. So what happens towards the end? She gives them away. I'm losing a lot of faith in this show. It's a shame too, since this episode actually had a lot of plot progression.

Most amazing jew boots
Mithrandir
Hot Tamale

Member 1121

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 07:12 PM #17 of 49
Speaking of which, it starts soon

I'm afraid the plot will never be completely revealed. I think this is one of the series where what would be the main plot is secondary to the story. It looks to me like a "Lost" since they introduce new enigmas every episode without never reveling too much about it.

I just can't wait still (because I'm now addicted to this show), for the explanation if they ever give one.

Not six....more like half a dozen...
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 09:41 PM Local time: Feb 13, 2007, 07:41 PM #18 of 49
Well this week's just a recap, which I'm most likely not gonna watch. But next week's episode is entitled "The Day Before." It should be interesting...

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 10:11 PM Local time: Feb 13, 2007, 09:11 PM #19 of 49
Man, I'm still like three episodes behind on this show. Honestly, it wasn't really keeping my attention, which is why I never bothered to catch up. I may try to watch those last three episodes, or maybe the recap episode, but I don't know how much longer I'll stick with it, especially now that the awesome Friday Night Lights (and The Knights of Prosperity) comes on at the same time.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 13, 2007, 10:25 PM Local time: Feb 13, 2007, 10:25 PM #20 of 49
The post apocalypse isn't the kind of setting that lends itself well to long drawn-out episode runs. Unless of course, nobody dies.
I'd actually see something along the lines of The Postman working out pretty well. I don't think the honey-coated endings would bother me near as much if it wasn't the same static environment. Focusing a post-apocalypse show on the lone gunman motif would appeal to people who love sci-fi and people who love westerns as well. They could even mix it up a bit and put in an episode or two about him simply trying to survive in the desert or something, a la Man vs. Wild. They'd just have to have a strong lead to be able to carry it off.

That reminds me, for people looking for a slightly less PG-rated (not by much) post apocalypse show, you might check out Jeremiah.

guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:33 AM Local time: Feb 13, 2007, 10:33 PM #21 of 49
I downloaded the first episode and enjoyed it a bit, though I haven't caught up with the series. I'd really like to see a show similar in nature like this show up on Showtime or HBO just because they can get away with alot more.

Honestly, I'd love to see a zombie television series. That would be fantastic.

Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Feb 16, 2007, 04:39 PM #22 of 49
There's a catch-up episode (seems to be the craze) available at tvtorrents.com, and probably elsewhere.

Spoiler:
The text that flashes at the 27:30 mark is nothing, just the whole "While the Mayor was recovering, Gray Anderson.... etc..." shpeal again.

How ya doing, buddy?
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 05:52 AM Local time: Feb 17, 2007, 05:52 AM #23 of 49
So how is it looking this time around? I figured it just turned to shit around October.

FELIPE NO
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:34 AM #24 of 49
Looks like the last half of the season is going to be the events leading up to the bombs... I'm kind of disappointed with the season now actually... Too much emotional bullshit :P I want to see more bombs and warfare :P I still watch it religiously tough :P I'll turn on my FTP and put them up, check your PMs brady, i'll set you up an account if you'd like

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Need a pilot? PM Me.

RPG Maker
Lost Dreamer

Member 342

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Feb 17, 2007, 01:13 PM Local time: Feb 17, 2007, 01:13 PM #25 of 49
Anyone know where to find direct downloads of the show? I want to see what this shows about.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] CBS's Nuclear Apocalypse Drama: Jericho