Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend

Freelance
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Member 201

Level 37.85

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 11:21 AM #326 of 1626
Originally Posted by Chaotic
Just got Sid Meier's Pirates! on the XBOX. The game is alot more interesting than I thought. The Gamespot review stand true that you'd be playing this game so long that you wouldn't realize how fast time went. The game itself is kinda easy, but then again, i'm playing it on the easiest difficulty. So, I gotta kick it up and see what else the game could throw at me. This game was worth it, for me at least.
OMG someone bought it! I got the PC version for cheap and it's insanely fun, but unless you absolutely love repetitiveness, like me, you probably won't be liking it in the long run. At least, that's what other people say. They made some things simplier in the console versions.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 06:52 PM #327 of 1626
I don't mind the repetitiveness at all. It's more of the whole exploring and finding stuff that's more engaging to me. The sword battles could've worked a little better though, so could the dancing... Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

New game today!

Clubhouse Games (DS) - Oh. Em. Eff. Gee. Full of random goodness and fun. If you own a DS, GET THIS DAMN GAME.

Most amazing jew boots
NovaX
๏o๏o๏o๏

Member 603

Level 25.61

Mar 2006

Old Oct 22, 2006, 10:16 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 01:46 PM #328 of 1626
I bought MegaMan ZX for Nintendo DS about a week ago, I think. It's very similar still to the MegaMan formula, even with the new "biometal" addition. As much as I love the MegaMan formula, I though the biometals would give it a freshness, which sadly isn't the case. It's also missing (from the MegaMan Zero series) the ratings system, which I liked. I feel there isn't really anything to aim higher for in the game, but all in all, I'd give it 7/10.
Originally Posted by solid_snake
i just bought God Of War, 2 days ago, and it is plain awesome, revolutionary actually. the graphics a re way out of anything ive winessed on the ps2 aside from resident evil 4's. the gameplay is good too.
THIS SOUNDS TRULY REVOLUTIONARY!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Dogen
there's no marmalade

Member 10236

Level 7.02

Jul 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:42 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 04:42 PM #329 of 1626
Bought some games at the weekend. OddWorld Munch's Oddysee and Otogi for Xbox, and ZOE2 for Playstation2. £20 for the lot, which ain't too bad.

Still, I'm going to stop spending my money on games - it's getting beyond joke.

Most amazing jew boots
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 11:17 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 10:17 AM #330 of 1626
Clubhouse Games (DS) - Oh. Em. Eff. Gee. Full of random goodness and fun. If you own a DS, GET THIS DAMN GAME.

Why is this game so cool!?

I picked up Children of Mana, although it's not actually out yet. I just snagged the ROM for my flashcart. It's pretty sweet thus far.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 06:57 PM #331 of 1626
It just is. You can't deny 42 classic card, board, and various other games all in one cartridge. Either way, for $30 it was a pretty good deal.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 07:02 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 06:02 PM #332 of 1626
I totally agree! My brother and I are addicted. We've got a long flight tomorrow, but I know it'll feel like 10mins cause we'll be playing it the whole way.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:41 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 04:41 AM #333 of 1626
Originally Posted by MetheGelfling
I just snagged the ROM for my flashcart.
That's not something to do with recent game purchases, though.

I was speaking idiomatically.

28Link
Chocobo

Member 236

Level 11.58

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:43 PM #334 of 1626
Yay, more games! I got Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2 when it was released, then today, I got Timesplitters 2 and NBA Street Vol. 2 for 8 bucks (CDN) each, so awsome. I did miss out the chance to get Courtside 2002 for $4 though.

russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:46 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 07:46 PM #335 of 1626
I bought the new Splinter Cell for the 360 today, because the multiplayer looked really interesting. Well, I basically suck at the game after playing it for a few hours, so that is saddening, but I guess that's ok since I had fun while doing it.

FELIPE NO
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:59 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 07:59 PM #336 of 1626
We'll get better, russ. I'm sure of it. (Not going to happen. BelkanAirForce gonna be the worst squad in the game)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:33 PM Local time: Oct 23, 2006, 08:33 PM #337 of 1626
You should join our Clubhouse Games sessions that we've been getting on like Donkey Kong at least one evening for the past two weeks. Just put your codes on the wiki or somewhere. Crazy fun.

Anyway, I got Contact today. EB Games ran out (sold 4 hours ago when I got there). I went to Best Buy, even though they had posted the game's release was next week for them. BAM!: saw it there anyway, and $5 cheaper at that, plus there was an old man in the corner telling me to buy the game. I couldn't deny him, so I bought it! =p

Jam it back in, in the dark.
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 02:07 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 01:07 AM #338 of 1626
Originally Posted by Qwarky
Well then what the hell is this thread about? Is it just to say, "I bought this game! Should name everything I bought on my grocery list next?" I figured this thread was about puchasing games and recommending them to others, otherwise it's as pointless as a "what's your favorite..." thread.

Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 04:53 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 10:53 PM #339 of 1626
Well then what the hell is this thread about? Is it just to say, "I bought this game
Basically yes.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 05:04 AM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 08:04 PM #340 of 1626
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the thread title 'Recent Game Purchases' makes it quite clear what the thread is about. There's also an opening post with some words to help piece together whatever mystery may have remained!

How ya doing, buddy?
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 07:07 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 06:07 PM #341 of 1626
Originally Posted by Qwarky
Ok, so sorry I didn't purchase the game. It's still good and I recommend that you all purchase it as well. If I had purchased it, it would probably go something like this.

*Ring

"Hey, how's it going"
"What can I do for ya?"
"Can I get a copy of Children of Mana for DS?"Cashier nods and turns around to open the case. He retrives the game and asks, "You wanna get the guide for 20% off?"
"Nah, that's cool."
"Cool, fourty-two thirty-three." to which I say nothing and hand him my debit card. "Credit or debit?"
"Whichever's easiet for you."
"Cool." and then he waits for a sec for the machine, and I stare aimlessly at the latest copy of Game Informer thinking about how much scotch I have left for Friday. "There you go. Thanks for stopping in."
I say "Cool" again and leave.

How ya doing, buddy?
Lady Jedi
Looking to become something more...

Member 13922

Level 3.93

Oct 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:12 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 09:12 PM #342 of 1626
Even though I have plenty of games that I still need to finish, I couldn't pass up a cheap copy of "Legacy of Kain: Defiance" for the PS2 since I've been wanting to play it for a while now but never found it for sale at my local game shops.

Save your tears for the day
When our pain is far behind
On your feet, come with me
We are soldiers stand or die
Save your fears, take your place
Save them for the judgement day
Fast and free, follow me
Time to make the sacrifice
We rise or fall
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:13 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 10:13 PM #343 of 1626
I bought Double Agent on Saturday, because Ronz told me to. And now I'm done with the single player campaign. Unfortunately I didn't beat it before BZ did (I was trying to get through it before he beat it), but he kicked my ass.

Fucking great fun though. Although that whole double agent mechanic is n't that exciting. Your choices don't mean that much, to be honest. And you need to complete a variety of objectives to avoid instantly losing all the trust of either group anyway, so the whole "YOU'RE FREE TO FOLLOW ORDERS OR NOT" thing isn't as prevalent or important as it's made out to be. That, and the JBA headquarters missions were all pretty tiresome. I only beat it on Normal, but that was middle of the line challenging enough. I doubt I'll go through it again though on hard, since the single player campaign is one of those things that works much better if you don't know what's around the next corner.

But the rest of the game was SHITLOADS of fun. Highly recommended, A++++++++, would buy series again, that sort of thing. I just suck mad, MAD balls at multiplayer right now, and me and the other dudes who bought it need to get together and play it more. Because as it stands, me and russ by ourselves are fucking TERRIBLE.

I also bought God Hand (can't stand the camera. Funny and fun, but the camera takes a dump on the final product and practically ruins it. 6.5/10.) and Tales of the Abyss (Only 8 hours in. Great fun so far though.) recently. And uhh...that's it, I think. For the last two weeks, at least.

FELIPE NO
Kaiten
Everything new is old again

Member 613

Level 29.60

Mar 2006

Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:41 PM Local time: Oct 24, 2006, 09:41 PM #344 of 1626
I finally succumbed to the crazy, I bought World Of WarCraft a few days back, but hey I only payed $20 for the game and $30 for the game card, which makes me good to go until late January, not bad for $50.

Let's just hope the game proves to be worth it three months from now (and hopefully I won't mess up my job because I'm playing the game too much).

Most amazing jew boots
-DARKSIDE-
HARDCORE PROFFESIONALS

Member 7698

Level 2.97

May 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 02:28 AM #345 of 1626
After finally getting another PS2 a few weeks ago, I figured it's time I pick up Front Mission 4. Never played the earlier games, but I'm really getting into this one. Wouldn't recommend it if you don't have patience though. But if you do it's a pretty damn deep game.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:40 AM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 01:40 PM #346 of 1626
I figured this thread was about puchasing games and recommending them to others,
Pretty much. Again, you didn't purchase it, so your post isn't that relative to the subject at hand. You will notice there aren't people posting "So I borrowed this game.." nor "So I rented this game.." here either. It's like going to a thread discussing platformers and talking about RPGs.

That said, this still isn't a listing thread. If someone's post consists of nothing else than saying "I bought _____", I will delete it. People are encouraged to elaborate on their purchases (even if it's just a little). If none of the posts do, then the thread is as useless as the "what's your favorite.." threads you speak of.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:46 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 06:46 PM #347 of 1626
Just picked up a shitload of DS games from the Toys 'R' Us "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" sell.

The Rub Rabbits: Been wanting this since it came out, but I've just been waiting for the price to drop. Since that still hasn't happened yet, I just decided to get it now. I loved the first game (more than Wario Ware: Touched), so I know I'll probably love this one too.

Nanostray: Unlike most people, I actually liked Iridion 3-D on the GBA. It was the best game, but it was still fun. I never played the GBA sequel, but I found out this was made by the same people, so same difference.

Magnetica: Another DS puzzle game, like I actually need another one. This game looked pretty interesting though, so I decided to give it a try.

Megaman ZX: I've been hearing good things about this game, and it looks pretty cool. I've been waiting for a sale like this to pick up this game (since there were no first week sales like there was for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Mario vs. DK 2), so when one actually came up I promptly picked it up (and it was the last copy, too).

Mario Hoops 3-on-3: Same thing as above.

Magical Starsign: I've been looking forward to this game for a while (thanks to my sister), so the only reason I waited until today to go down to TRU was so that this game would be out.

Except for Magical Starsign, all these games were $30, so I wound up saving $60.

After I got home with all these, my sister was pissed that I didn't pick her up a copy of Magical Starsign (it's not like I could have, since I didn't have enough money to cover two more games, which is what I would have wanted to do so I could get another free game), so she gave me some money to get it for her. I combined that with the rest of my money and went back to TRU to do the deal again, this time getting:

Magical Starsign (Again): This time for my sister.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time: I still haven't even played the first one, but I know I'll like them both, so I didn't hesitate to get this.

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime: I've been hearing good things about this game as well, so I knew I wanted to get this. The reason I didn't get it the first time was because I didn't see it until the last minute (I had already switched Harvest Moon DS for Magical Starsign, which I also didn't see at first).

All those games were $35, so I saved $35 on this trip, meaning I saved $95 in total (and I only spent $160, which wasn't that bad).

The only game I went there specifically looking for but didn't get was Contact, but I figured that would be a long shot anyway since it seems pretty hard to find at the moment. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with all the games I did manage to get.

How ya doing, buddy?
xman25
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 187

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 25, 2006, 08:29 PM Local time: Oct 25, 2006, 08:29 PM #348 of 1626
I got Condemned: Criminal Origins for the 360 today. I had played the demo and thought it was good enough to buy. I'm in the second level. It's good so far. There have been some pretty scary and intense moments.

xman25

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
SashaNein
Psychonaut

Member 2260

Level 3.09

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 05:30 PM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 04:30 PM #349 of 1626
I have The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge for PS2 coming in the mail. I know it is a button masher, but I told myself I would buy the game once there was a price drop. I had forgotten about the game until I saw the movie again in 3D last weekend.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by SashaNein; Oct 27, 2006 at 05:56 PM.
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Oct 27, 2006, 08:00 PM Local time: Oct 27, 2006, 06:00 PM #350 of 1626
It's like I'm destined to never get Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Last time, a store that had it in stock "sold the last copy the night before." This time, I call 2 hours ahead to confirm it's in stock. When I get there, they "sold the last copy 10 minutes ago." Fucking cow poo.

Anyway, so I got dot hack//GU:vol.1//rebirth. I still haven't played part 4 of the original video game set, but I plan to (once I can find it on eBay or something). But I had to get this since it was a special edition, and it came with a toy. And I like toys.

waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Recent Game Purchases, or what I bought instead of fourteen new dildos this weekend