Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Personality Traits You Love

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:09 PM #1 of 37
Personality Traits You Love

I love it when people smile. I also love people who are courteous and do things like holding doors open and getting up to let an older person have their seat. Oh, I also love those people who never seem to forget to be thoughtful. Like if they're going down to the soda machine and they always remember to ask you if you want anything.

What personality traits do you really like in a person?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Hachifusa
Pre-defined Avatar~

Member 121

Level 17.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:13 PM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 07:13 PM #2 of 37
The strength of an iron conviction.

It's similar to pride, but a bit less arrogant, I guess. Maybe it is pride, but not the accepted meaning of the term. When someone knows that they are good (or at least capable) at something and won't deny it. Not those idiots who jump up and proclaim how awesome they are, but you know, someone who is certain of himself. Self-confidence.

General respect for people is such a rare personality trait today, too, and it's one of the few I love completely.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Megalith Beast
Kroaton Overlord

Member 1611

Level 9.25

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:51 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:51 AM #3 of 37
I love it when people are laid back and don't get stressed out about anything. A person stressing about every little thing just gets on my nerves and makes me stressed too! Someone whos just like 'yeah, whatever' is cool.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
"HiiiisssssssssSSSSS" - Madagascan Hissing Cockroach
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 09:52 PM #4 of 37
Compassion, fidelity, forgiveness, leadership, tact. I hope to have those characteristics someday.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
Akai-chan
Firebrand

Member 685

Level 3.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:27 PM #5 of 37
Loyalty is my ultimate favorite...And by that I mean a loyalty that is formed by choice...

I'm also one of those that believes that chivalry is not quite dead yet...

I was speaking idiomatically.
chaofan
Quarter-Circle + Paaaunch!

Member 1794

Level 21.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:28 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 02:28 PM #6 of 37
Anyone who can take shit and keep on going with life, eventually being able to do what they set out to do. Now that's a great trait.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:53 PM #7 of 37
Someone who can talk on for a while...can be vice..I know, but haha it is really great for people who are silent like myself who can't strike up a conversation

FELIPE NO
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 5, 2006, 11:57 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 12:57 AM #8 of 37
Honesty, a sense of humor, laid-backed-ness, empathy, and patience. I am sure there are others, but these are the big ones for me.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Helloween
aguywholikestovideogames

Member 607

Level 33.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:28 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 11:28 PM #9 of 37
I like it when people are able to read me. I can sometimes be a hard person to understand, in that i tend to try to make jokes about almost anything. Sometimes i have conflicting feelings, and if someone asks me what it is that's bothering me, they won't be able to understand what it is. I have a few friends who have this trait, the ability to read people, and seem to have this higher understanding of how life works.

I also love it when people smile. It doesn't matter what kind of smile, any smile will lighten my day.

Kairyu
Holy Chocobo

Member 107

Level 33.47

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:45 AM Local time: Mar 5, 2006, 08:45 PM #10 of 37
The ones that know how to take shit and move on are pretty cool in my book. And people who have a sense of humor in a leadership role. And is good at it ^ ^.

Lee-chan
~キラキラ・マジック~

Member 1899

Level 15.73

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:07 AM #11 of 37
Intelligence. Curiousity. The thirst for knowledge. I love being able to spark a conversation with people and actually get somewhere, talk about things and stuff we've learned and things we've like to learn and see and feel in the the future.

A sense of humor is also a "must" in my book. Generally being a "decent person" would also be nice, too. Above all, they've got to be understanding. I'm extra-sensitive toward jerks, and I typically can't deal with them as well as most.

Most amazing jew boots
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:09 AM #12 of 37
I also really admire chivalry in men and "ladylikeness" in women. I know, that's probably not a word. I guess it's because I'm old, but it seems like those traits are becoming rarer every year. It's really refreshing (and surprising) to come across a young gentleman or lady these days.

I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:33 AM #13 of 37
I absolutely love people who are passionate and enthusiastic about thing. I am a really enthusiastic, passionate person who sees things in the extreme emotional perspective. I love when people show passion and conviction, and enjoy talking about them.

I love intelligence. There's nothing better than sitting down and having a conversation over coffee and cigarettes where you confess your opinions to a complete stranger. Nothing turns me on more than a nice, intelligent conversation where you learn things, the other person learns things, and everyone involved WANTS that. No competition, no arrogance, just simple, human communication.

I love competitive people. The simplest of tasks is turned into a game in order to make it more fun. This is such an admirable trait that I almost gravitate towards it - competitive people get my attention and my praise.

I like VOCAL people. I like someone who isn't afraid to state their opinion and welcomes other people to comment on it, thus initiating a good conversation.

I guess I love conversations the most, where you walk away with something and you actually enjoyed the company of another.

I just don't like it when they're smart and they're weak. I don't like overly-emotional or melodramatic people.

Niekon
WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Member 52

Level 19.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:40 AM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 09:40 AM #14 of 37
Personality traits I like in people... hmmm... could be a tough one ^_~

I enjoy people to be civil to one another. It's not that hard to do... and yet for some reason people feel that they need to one-up each other in any manner possible.
Guys, be gentlemen... no need to be pigs. Seriously... it's not going to get you anywhere.
Ladies... act like ladies. Dressing like a $5 whore doesn't exactly signify being a lady. And it's only going to lead someplace you don't want to go.

So civility and common sense... two traits I love in people... and sadly two traits that are some the most difficult to find in people.

How ya doing, buddy?
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 08:16 PM Local time: Mar 6, 2006, 07:16 PM #15 of 37
I like a good sense of humor, wit and intelligence. These three HAVE to go together in my opinion. I'm not big on dry humor, or retarded one liner jokes. Sure, some are funny, but I like people who can share a wittier joke, and have the intelligence to understand it quickly.

Nothing is worse than feeling like you're the only person in the room who understands a witty remark.

FELIPE NO

PUG1911
I expected someone like you. What did you expect?

Member 2001

Level 17.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:37 PM #16 of 37
The thing that I most like about others are when they really honestly care about someone. When I see evidence that someone really holds a person other than themselves dearly in their heart it really makes my day. Anyone can say they care about their friend in the hospital etc. But you can tell instantly when someone really means it, that they really feel instead of acting as they feel they should.

Being able to take a joke is another one. Someone absolutely has to enjoy sarcastic insult comedy in order to hang out with me. I've yet to find someone who doesn't take jokes well that doesn't give them out as well, and it's all good fun in those situations.

Honesty/open-ness. Most of us like to think of ourselves as honest, but to really be able to tell things like they are, and to analyse (sp?) a situation are more rare qualities than I would prefer. And nothing makes me feel better than when someone has the confidence in me to trust me enough to rely on me, and/or be open in their discussions.

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."
A4: IN THE DUNGEONS OF THE SLAVE LORDS
6C. Kobold's Kitchen

Member 773

Level 21.70

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:41 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 03:41 AM #17 of 37
Honesty is my #1 thing if a person can't say what they think then it's not worth my time digging through their bullshit to get to know them. Intelligence and the ability to relax and handle things calmly without going apeshit is also important most every other trait is negotiable.

Lady, I was gonna cut you some slack, cause you're a major mythological figure but now you've just gone nuts!
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 05:46 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 03:46 AM #18 of 37
I adore sincerity in people. It doesn't matter what they're doing or what they're talking about, I'd like to know that it comes from an unadulterated place and is pure. Just that, they really mean it and it's not contrived.

grodiens
Pango

Member 620

Level 10.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 06:56 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 11:56 AM #19 of 37
I like politely people,
I hate when I meet a neighbor in my building and I say "hello" and he answers some thing like "eh..." .

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:01 AM #20 of 37
I have another one that I can't believe I didn't mention at first. I love confidence in a person (male or female). I like it when I meet a person and they smile and look me in the eye and have something to say, and they seem genuinely happy to have met me.

I also really admire people who seem to genuinely care about others - asking questions about other people and appearing to be sincerely interested in what others have to say. I probably admire that one so much because I'm not at all like this.

Shinimegami
Succexy

Member 1145

Level 5.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 03:57 PM #21 of 37
Originally Posted by chaofan
Anyone who can take shit and keep on going with life, eventually being able to do what they set out to do. Now that's a great trait.
Agreed

And that they don't complain or act like their going through a lot of shit...

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 04:22 PM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 01:22 PM #22 of 37
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I also love people who are courteous and do things like holding doors open and getting up to let an older person have their seat. Oh, I also love those people who never seem to forget to be thoughtful. Like if they're going down to the soda machine and they always remember to ask you if you want anything.
You named most I tend to like. I also enjoy someone with a good sense of humor, but can still be serious when appropriate. Patience is also a trait I like in people.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
evant
Wark!

Member 767

Level 1.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 05:54 PM #23 of 37
I like it when a person has courtesy and a general respect for other people, and that includes people they will see only once like someone on the train or waiters or cashiers. Too many times I've seen nice normal looking people treat a salesgirl or someone who's assisting them with rudeness or contempt. I like it when a person is genuinely nice all the time, and not just toward their family and friends.

FELIPE NO
Siin
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 2253

Level 1.60

Mar 2006

Old Mar 7, 2006, 07:03 PM #24 of 37
Originally Posted by chaofan
Agreed.

I love whenever people think for themselves and don't let someone or something else [i.e.--the church] make descisions for them. It's okay if they come to the same conclusion, I just really admire someone who doesn't take everything they hear as fact.

I love someone who is willing to break the rules doing what is right.

I love someone who isn't caught up in being rich and having everything. They just want to be happy, and don't care if that means they won't have (tens of) thousands of dollars to spare.

I love someone who is open-minded and willing to listen to what other people have to say, really listen, even if they don't share the same opinion.

I love someone who realizes there could be more to life than what they are living, and wonders just what might be out there.

Lost_solitude
stop stealing my "me time"

Member 2164

Level 13.85

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 12:20 AM Local time: Mar 7, 2006, 07:20 PM #25 of 37
When someone understands and simply gives a damn. So many people out there are kicked around and treated like dirt that sometimes I feel like the only one to go over and dust them off. I'm not saying I am but there is a huge shortage of us and thats a fact. I love ambition people who have been through just as much crap if not more than those whining cry babies. Those who actualy smile a look forward to that future as a good thing for them. Those who believe in the saying "like the storm this too shall pass." I may be alittle redundant but oh well. A good sense of humar I love people with a good sense of humar and looking on the bright side. Those who can look back at something sad or bad and make a joke about it and move on. It's good and all to move forward, but if you are able to make a funny joke about it too AAWWWEEE man that's an awesome person. If you can't look back on it and laugh then don't look back on it at all.

Most amazing jew boots

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Personality Traits You Love