Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Song of the Week - WEEK 83 Voting/WEEK 84 Nominating

KyleDunamis
Good Chocobo

Member 3720

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2007, 06:13 PM #26 of 55
Changed my votes.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 09:05 AM #27 of 55
Glad that extended deadline is being put to good use by so many people.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 12:53 PM #28 of 55
Yeah, the votes are just pouring in. Do the powers-that-be think we should maybe close things if this torrent of voters continues?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 12:59 PM Local time: Jan 18, 2007, 10:59 AM #29 of 55
At this point, we might as well leave it open until Sunday. 'tis not too far away. :\

besides, I haven't voted yet and intend to

I was speaking idiomatically.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
ikkei
Good Chocobo

Member 371

Level 18.90

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 03:12 PM Local time: Jan 18, 2007, 09:12 PM #30 of 55
Ok, ok, let's vote :

2 points ~ Lethal Enforcers (Sega CD Red Book Audio) - Shoot into the Street

1 point ~ Gain Ground (Sega Genesis Game Rip) - Origin ~Awakening~ (Heroes' Theme) [BGM1]

2 points ~ Perfect Selection Twinbee - FANTASTIC POWERS

1 point ~ Phantom Kingdom Arrange Album - JOKER

This week featured 3 Konami tracks, so the quality was ensured before starting. Nice week, and sorry for the needing of the delay, but the obscure material at BCC and the exams have kept me occupied.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Ceft
Shadow Master

Member 17770

Level 23.80

Jan 2007

Old Jan 18, 2007, 03:49 PM #31 of 55
One question: Why do I appear as Eclipse on the Nomination Queue?

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Ceft; Jan 18, 2007 at 06:14 PM.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 18, 2007, 06:20 PM Local time: Jan 18, 2007, 04:20 PM #32 of 55
Because I can't read.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Ceft
Shadow Master

Member 17770

Level 23.80

Jan 2007

Old Jan 19, 2007, 08:54 AM #33 of 55
Oh alright. Thanks for changing that.

Most amazing jew boots
Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 19, 2007, 12:25 PM #34 of 55
What a week of win.

Gain Ground (Sega Genesis Game Rip) - Origin ~Awakening~ (Heroes' Theme) [BGM1]
Yeah, lol BBC. It's a good track with much diversity in both atmosphere and melody. I think I can't expect more from a chiptune, except maybe that it's not terribly mega catchy, but these tracks are rare and appear only randomly and by luck.

Lethal Enforcers (Sega CD Red Book Audio) - Shoot into the Street
Fantastic track, this will get the gold medal from me. It's catchy and badass-provocative. I don't really mind the repetitiveness here and I am glad these kind of tracks exist so that I can claim that repetitiveness is not a point in music.

Perfect Selection Twinbee - FANTASTIC POWERS
Another super track. Practically everything is win about this track, the rhythm, the melody and the feel. Oh wait, Twinbee does ring a bell in my mind. I think I've played the game, which is why the music felt a bit familiar.

PHANTASY STAR COLLECTION Sound Collection I - DUNGEON MEDLEY
Although being titled a medley it flows very well. It's got diversity and some really good melodies. I am actually not too familiar with Phantasy Star Online music, except for the Original Soundtrack, so I didn't recognize any themes. It's the third track in a row that features some elec guitar.

Phantom Kingdom Arrange Album - JOKER
An ok track, it's not bad as with all the jazzy music, but when it's slow like this it can get a bit boring, though I don't think about that way for every slow track. And vocals in the end were totally random.

SILENT SCOPE TRILOGY Original Soundtrack - SUPREME
This track rocks. It needs a bit to develop, but I even thought the beginning was quite good. The very good piano work meant that the track never boring, but what also caught my attention was the background. In the midst of this jumpy piano music was some sort of layered music, that signifies uneasiness and danger. Quite an interesting blend therefore.

Space Station: Silicon Valley (Game Rip) - Ice 'n' Easy Does It
This little sugar track was very elegant and graceful. It feels a bit ordinary compared to the longer tracks this week but it's another very good track.

The Best of LucasArts Original Soundtracks - Underwater Lagoon
No, this track doesn't cut it this week. It has slighty jazzy tendencies + classical influences, but I didn't get much out of it.

Roman Point Spread: (lol, what's with capitals in titles this week)
III Points - Lethal Enforcers (Sega CD Red Book Audio) - Shoot into the Street
I Point - Perfect Selection Twinbee - FANTASTIC POWERS
I Point - SILENT SCOPE TRILOGY Original Soundtrack - SUPREME
I Point - Space Station: Silicon Valley (Game Rip) - Ice 'n' Easy Does It

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jan 19, 2007, 03:10 PM #35 of 55
Oh wait, Twinbee does ring a bell in my mind. I think I've played the game, which is why the music felt a bit familiar.
I can't say that you haven't played Twinbee, but the nominated track is an arrangement of a chiptune. The chiptune is, honestly, very minimal and not very memorable at all, in my opinion.

I suspect you may be associating this arrangement with something else because I'd be rather surprised if you remembered the original chiptune without specifically seeking it out.

(Thanks for the point, though!)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Ceft
Shadow Master

Member 17770

Level 23.80

Jan 2007

Old Jan 19, 2007, 04:23 PM #36 of 55
PHANTASY STAR COLLECTION Sound Collection I - DUNGEON MEDLEY
Although being titled a medley it flows very well. It's got diversity and some really good melodies. I am actually not too familiar with Phantasy Star Online music, except for the Original Soundtrack, so I didn't recognize any themes. It's the third track in a row that features some elec guitar.
Actually, it's a medley of Phantasy Star not Phantasy Star Online. Basically, it covers the Boss Dungeon, Cave, and Tower themes, in that order.

Now a PSO medley would be awesome...

Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Jan 19, 2007, 07:15 PM Local time: Jan 20, 2007, 02:15 AM #37 of 55
Time for my votes!

2 points: Lethal Enforcers (Sega CD Red Book Audio) - Shoot into the Street
I woke up some morning ago, and the first thing that popped into my head was this. So, it must be real good!

2 points: Perfect Selection Twinbee - FANTASTIC POWERS
Awesome arrangement! And I should say that I am familiar with this tune from the game. It's the one that plays after you grab one of those bell power-ups.

1 point: PHANTASY STAR COLLECTION Sound Collection I - DUNGEON MEDLEY
Great medley for the first PS game's dungeons. I've heard it a few years back, so it lost some of its appeal. But Medusa^∞!

1 point: The Best of LucasArts Original Soundtracks - Underwater Lagoon
Love most of Michael Land's Monkey Island compositions and caribbean style. Loved the sax here.

The rest of the tracks were quite good. I liked JOKER and SUPREME in particular, and I'm sorry they had to miss out. Another top-notch week, or two.

_DH_
JAZZIN'

Member 130

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2007, 01:46 PM #38 of 55
This is one of the best weeks we've had. Nice selection of rockin' and chippin' mixed in with some laid back jazzin'. I feel bad for not giving any of these tracks points so I'll have to go with the famed six hit combo:

1 point each to:
Origin
Dungeon Medley
Shoot Into The street
Supreme
Fantastic Powers
Underwater Lagoon

Also, I swear I've heard an arrangement of the Gain Ground track before. Can anyone identify it?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Ceft
Shadow Master

Member 17770

Level 23.80

Jan 2007

Old Jan 20, 2007, 02:10 PM #39 of 55
Also, I swear I've heard an arrangement of the Gain Ground track before. Can anyone identify it?
Well, I know that is has been arranged in SEGAROCK VOL. 01 [WWCE-31034] and in SEGAAGES SOUND TRACK The Best Plus [KDSD-00052]. Both are pretty nice.

FELIPE NO
_DH_
JAZZIN'

Member 130

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2007, 04:32 PM #40 of 55
Ah yes, it was the SEGAAGES version I had previously heard and it was a nice rockin' S.S.H. style arrangement. Those who aren't too fond of the chiptune version should check out the arrangement.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2007, 05:42 PM Local time: Jan 20, 2007, 03:42 PM #41 of 55
I was planning to nominate the SEGAAGES arrangement for forever before Uzuki nominated the Genesis version.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
EliJaH
God is force

Member 13856

Level 4.50

Oct 2006

Old Jan 20, 2007, 10:47 PM Local time: Jan 20, 2007, 09:47 PM #42 of 55
Just points this week:

2 pts ---> Dungeon Medley

2 pts ---> Supreme

2 pts ---> Shoot into the Street

EDIT: Nomination

~~~NOMINATION~~~

Album: Culdcept II Original Soundtrack
Track Title: Open the World
Track #: 3
Disc: 1 (of 2)
Composer: Kenji Ito
Catalog #: SVWC-7083~4
Source: http://www.chudahs-corner.com/soundt...=SVWC-7083%7E4
Comments: It isn't one of my top favorites, but I can't deny the quality of the soundtrack, so here goes.

Last edited by EliJaH; Jan 20, 2007 at 10:57 PM.
Vexxon
Domine Kira

Member 13809

Level 4.85

Oct 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 01:04 AM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 12:04 AM #43 of 55
I was going to edit my votes into my first post, but at this point, meh.

3 points - Phantom Kingdom Arrange Album - JOKER
1 point - Perfect Selection Twinbee - FANTASTIC POWERS
1 point - PHANTASY STAR COLLECTION Sound Collection I - DUNGEON MEDLEY
1 point - SILENT SCOPE TRILOGY Original Soundtrack - SUPREME

Most amazing jew boots
isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 10:54 AM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 05:54 PM #44 of 55
Space Station: Silicon Valley (Game Rip) - Ice 'n' Easy Does It
It's just me or someone else thinks this one sounds like a polka? Polka or not, this is clearly folkloric oriented, the time signature reminds me of a waltz though. I like specially the piano line, but the composition itself is not particularly attractive.

Lethal Enforcers (Sega CD Red Book Audio) - Shoot into the Street
On the contrary that the rest of the sotw crew I am not impressed by this. It must be 'cause I've heard hundred of times the same generic synth-rock piece. To me, it sounds like a rejected battle theme for Final Fantasy VII. Nothing new, zero originality. The merit is hidden to my eyes.

SILENT SCOPE TRILOGY Original Soundtrack - SUPREME
An intricate and dense piece of music. It's pretty long and varied enough to keep me interested. It's impossible to predict what direction will take the music, it's almost like improvisational music. Although there is no strong melodic content, this moody track grabs my attention with its irregular rythms and neat atmosphere.

Gain Ground (Sega Genesis Game Rip) - Origin ~Awakening~ (Heroes' Theme) [BGM1]
It's a piece very well developped, one of the best ones in that aspect that I had heard for a Sega Genesis game. With the development in its favor, the rest shows aseptically packaged, emotionless. Apart from two enjoyable passages, this track leaves me indifferent.

PHANTASY STAR COLLECTION Sound Collection I - DUNGEON MEDLEY (2 points)
I am not going pretend to be impartial, this track belongs to one of my favorite vgm albums. I can't help but love, it's beyond me. Everybody who likes Phantasy Star music should know the existence of this great album, it's pure dynamite. DUNGEON MEDLEY is one of my favorite tracks, maybe my favorite one. It's a medley of different themes from PS with a rockin' and powerful arrangement. IMHO, everything flows effortlessly and the whole piece constitute an intense journey into the musical universe of Phantasy Star.

Perfect Selection Twinbee - FANTASTIC POWERS (2 points)
This arrangement seems to follow the same path that the previous one, with a synthier touch. The guitar screamings are the definite win. The melody here is very playful, which catches my fancy. It's a delight to listen to it and that is my bigger compliment (musically speaking).

Phantom Kingdom Arrange Album - JOKER
This one approaches dangerously close to unsubstantial lounge music, but it manages to elude this categorization. The exciting factor of which it lacks, it is supplied with the excellent interpretation of a late-night jam session. Soulful nomination, good choice.

The Best of LucasArts Original Soundtracks - Underwater Lagoon (2 points)
And direct from the Caribbean arrives my nomination. Underwater Lagoon is a track from "Escape from Monkey Island" as well pointed out orion_mk3. Like any other nominator (or that I believe), I always deposit a certain quantity of faith in all and each one of my nominations, because above all one nomination is an intimate expression of oneself.
The piece itself is dominated by two simple basis, percussion as accompaniment and the hautboy (aka oboe) carrying the melodic line. The percussion set-up is very caribbean-ish, there is no much surprise here; however, the gorgeous and fascinating oboe solo justifies by itself my nomination, it's insanely great. I can assure you that this a fine and unique piece of music and I hope that someday you can enjoy so much like I do now. Just that.

TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 05:06 PM #45 of 55
I'm not sure how long this thing will stay open, but I've got to run to work in a bit, and if I can't finish listening and get my votes in within the next few minutes, would it be possible to keep this from closing until around 11 or 12 when I get back?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 05:11 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 02:11 PM #46 of 55
3 points: PHANTASY STAR COLLECTION Sound Collection I - DUNGEON MEDLEY
2 points: Gain Ground (Sega Genesis Game Rip) - Origin ~Awakening~ (Heroes' Theme) [BGM1]
1 point: Perfect Selection Twinbee - FANTASTIC POWERS

FurCon is taking all of my time, but I've heard this week's nominees plenty of times.

Most amazing jew boots
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 05:34 PM Local time: Jan 21, 2007, 03:34 PM #47 of 55
I'm not sure how long this thing will stay open, but I've got to run to work in a bit, and if I can't finish listening and get my votes in within the next few minutes, would it be possible to keep this from closing until around 11 or 12 when I get back?
Yeah, no problem.

FELIPE NO
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 07:15 PM #48 of 55
I'll try to get my votes in tonight after the football game. For now, I'll say that I love Ice 'n' Easy; it's been a long time since a song got stuck in my head this much.

That's two SSSV songs in SotW that I've really enjoyed. Seems most people don't think much of it. *shrug*

Most amazing jew boots
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Jan 21, 2007, 11:59 PM #49 of 55
3 points - Gain Ground (Sega Genesis Game Rip) - Origin ~Awakening~ (Heroes' Theme) [BGM1]
1 point - Phantom Kingdom Arrange Album - JOKER
1 point - SILENT SCOPE TRILOGY Original Soundtrack - SUPREME
1 point - Space Station: Silicon Valley (Game Rip) - Ice 'n' Easy Does It

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Drakken
Abundant life

Member 2714

Level 43.03

Mar 2006

Old Jan 22, 2007, 12:03 AM #50 of 55
EDIT: Alright, I listened to the songs more, and now I'm ready to vote.

Ice 'n' Easy - 2 pts. - Again, a song hasn't gotten stuck in my head this much in a long time. Thanks to whoever nominated it; I really enjoyed it.

Underwater Lagoon - 2 pts. - This one was a pleasure to listen to. I'll have to check out more of Escape From Monkey Island's music.

Joker - 1 pt. - The transition to faster-paced jazz at 2:28 was particularly appealing. The rest is quality stuff; I just would have liked to hear more of the up-tempo style.

Supreme - 1 pt.

How ya doing, buddy?
Check out my original music at my Soundcloud page!

Latest music rips (updated January 10, 2012):

SimCity DS - Jazz/ambient/electronic music including interesting reworkings of songs from the fantastic SimCity 3000 soundtrack
Cold Winter Original Game Music Score - Really cool; dark, full, emotional strings mixed with drums, piano, choir. Kind of like Furious Angels?

Play-Asia - Japanese CDs, game soundtracks, game imports, & more

Last edited by Drakken; Jan 22, 2007 at 12:47 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Song of the Week - WEEK 83 Voting/WEEK 84 Nominating