Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Show us the GOOD stuff.

Awndra
!kraW

Member 19039

Level 2.25

Jan 2007

Old Aug 20, 2009, 07:26 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2009, 04:26 PM 1 #1 of 4
Show us the GOOD stuff.

Knives. These are the tools by which you take a hunk of Sub Primal, and properly hack it down to it's Fillet Mignon(Tender tender tender....and flavorless....).Without it you are reduced to the point of bashing your vegetables with rocks and hoping for a proper small dice.

Everything will usually pass under your knife at some time, whether it be in a reconstructive sense, or if you just need to puncture that lobster's brain before dumping it in the awaiting bath.

So I'll get past my love of hearing myself talk and show you what conjures in my mind when we think of that awe inspiring term; "Chef".

The majority of my set is Mercer, as it was the kit given to me on starting my education, though I do however have a few Messermeister items in my set, namely my 8 inch chefs knife, melon baller, paring knife, and honing steel, but that's just because my mercer steel is worn down too smooth.

Those white plastic things at the top? Those are pastry scrapers. They are gifts from god. You see people on Food Network (shudder) using their chefs knife to try and pick up minced garlic for one with great ease. I would love to see you do this after having had minced two bulbs of garlic. This is where your pastry scraper will come in. It CAN hold all that shit, and not even sweat about it.

The Chef's knife is clearly my bread and butter. I can do damn near anything with it, and my personal favorite chef's knife at this time is my Mercer 10 inch, it's strong, it's sleek, it's a forged full tang blade. As opposed to my Messermeister's stamped half tang.

If anyone has any questions about this equipment or any other that I may use or have come past, please ask. And hopefully the point of this thread came across properly (TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOUR KITCHEN GEAR, BITCHES).

EDIT: Also, here is a link for the website I usually use to consult my knife needs. It was started by my Knife Skill instructor from American River College (only took the one course). He was a man that could show you the proper way to hold a knife, sharpen a knife, even conceal it in your anal cavity, if needs be.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Awndra; Aug 20, 2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Forgot a link =D
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Aug 20, 2009, 07:32 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2009, 04:32 PM #2 of 4
Moved into a new place a little bit ago. Haven't gotten too much done yet, but we got ourselves a killer set of knives.

These babies are sleek.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Awndra
!kraW

Member 19039

Level 2.25

Jan 2007

Old Aug 20, 2009, 07:54 PM Local time: Aug 20, 2009, 04:54 PM #3 of 4
I like the tenderizer at the base of the handle, but Santoku knives have just never held my fancy ;_;

The beveled edges are wonderful for preventing food from sticking, though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:22 PM #4 of 4
I love my Santoku knife. I've got a nice set of Henckel's that I got for my chef courses. They're awesome, and I'm actually pretty protective of them. I rarely let others use them, hah.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Show us the GOOD stuff.