Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Abnormal food products.

Spyer
Yeeeaaaa.

Member 548

Level 18.00

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:04 PM #1 of 24
Abnormal food products.

So I went to the store the other day to buy some blueberries and strawberries for my mom. So, I opened up the box of strawberries, started to wash them and then all of a sudden, I see a huge freaking strawberry. I'm thinking "Woah, thats a big strawberry", and then I ate it to see how good it tasted, but before that, I took a picture for all of you to see.

What kind of stories with abnormal foods have you experienced, like a three-chambered peanut or something?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:07 PM #2 of 24
I can't really tell how large it is, because you did not put any object next to it so that I could judge its relative size.

Looks like that strawberry had cancer, though.

How ya doing, buddy?
Keero
Time-Shifter

Member 754

Level 7.21

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 03:10 PM #3 of 24
America has to use chemicals to make more of something. America is getting fatter. so. america thinks health < quantity. you can avoid that by getting ORGANIC. But.....after a little while healthy becomes expensive...and thats sad....booo..

Double Post:
Well you are in canada. But they probly grow the fruit in America.
America thinks...health < quantity. They have chemicals to grow things
faster. Therefore making the food have side effects.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Keero; Mar 12, 2006 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 04:44 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 01:44 PM #4 of 24
Moving to The Kitchen.

I once found a strawberry that large as well. Sometimes, I see very small oranges among normal-sized ones in those bags.

How ya doing, buddy?
SemperFidelis
Good Chocobo

Member 555

Level 18.44

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 05:03 PM #5 of 24
You know why? They lace it with a chemical that basically screws up the number of chromosomes. By screwing up the number of chromosomes, a strawberry gets freakishly large. So yes, we are eating retarded fruits.

I was speaking idiomatically.
"We Stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, and the Rope from the Army. On the seventh day, while God rested, we over-ran his perimeter and stole the globe, and we've been running the show ever since. We live like soldiers, talk like sailors, and slap the hell out of both of them. WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD."
elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 12:25 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 12:25 AM #6 of 24
I ran across a similar strawberry recently. It looked really strange, especially with the wart-like lumps all over it. I chose not to eat it.

Most amazing jew boots
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:13 AM #7 of 24
Potatoes get like this too, freakishly large. I bought a bag of potatoes one day to cook for dinner. While I was pulling some out, there was one that was x2 bigger than the rest of them. It didn't look like the other ones either. When I cut it open to see if it was decent, there were dark spots all over inside.

FELIPE NO
Rachelle
Syklis Green

Member 2670

Level 7.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:36 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 07:36 PM #8 of 24
Originally Posted by SemperFidelis
You know why? They lace it with a chemical that basically screws up the number of chromosomes. By screwing up the number of chromosomes, a strawberry gets freakishly large. So yes, we are eating retarded fruits.
Lol, retarded fruits. I've never seen or eaten any strawberries that look as freaky as that before, but I've occasionally come across peanuts that had one or three nuts in them. My sis calls it quality control gone down the drain :P

Double Post:
come to think of it, i ate an apple yesterday that was red all over except for one spot of yellow close to the stalk. I thought it looked cool though

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Rachelle; Mar 13, 2006 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Automerged double post.
Giro0001
Custom User Title

Member 677

Level 14.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 01:41 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 11:41 PM #9 of 24
Originally Posted by Keero
America has to use chemicals to make more of something. America is getting fatter. so. america thinks health < quantity. you can avoid that by getting ORGANIC. But.....after a little while healthy becomes expensive...and thats sad....booo..
Or you could just grow your own stuff like I do. =)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 12:29 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 11:29 PM #10 of 24
I got a Honeycrisp apple a few months ago that was pretty damn big. I also took a picture. It was good, and it smelled up my entire room with the fragrance of apple:

I also got an ass pear for Valentines day. Seriously. It looks like a lumpy female ass:

There's nowhere I can't reach.
egyptdragon
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 4394

Level 3.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 01:13 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 10:13 PM #11 of 24
About retarded fruits...

I was thinking of growing some oranges from seed, but wanted to do some background reading (why waste resources if my climate isn't right?) It turns out that none of the oranges you can regularly buy in a US grocery store will give have seeds that will fruit. Sure they'll grow, but apparently because of the insane hybridization they have gone through, they won't get any farther than the blooms. In fact, you have to graft an orange branch onto another tree to propagate them now. Yikes!

I am very curious about the aforementioned chemical and abnormal number of chromosomes it strawberries... a cursory search didn't give me any results, but I did learn some interesting things about strawberry polyploidy (and the many species of strawberries with different numbers of sets of chromosomes).

Lythial
Lost soul

Member 5145

Level 2.38

Apr 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 08:59 PM #12 of 24
I had a strawberry like that before. genetically modified foods are creepy/cool >.<
I mean yeah I got more strawberry but it was the size of my hand! *shudders* Strawberries aren't supposed to be apple size~!!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 09:40 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 08:40 PM #13 of 24
The other day, I cut open an orange, and just inside the fruit was a dark brown glob with a circumference of about a penny. The rest of the orange was perfectly fine, though I declined eating it. The brown seemed to have the consistency of mud. Anyone know what the hell this was?

Fire On Ice
Shockingly Sheepish

Member 428

Level 18.61

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 10:25 PM #14 of 24
my friend grew mutant zuchini in his yard a year or so ago. I don't have any pictures but the zuchini itself was thicker then my leg and longer then my arm, it was huge. He never told me specificly what he did to them but he said he sprayed them with some "miracle growth somethingorother" which I can only assume is mystery chemicals.

How ya doing, buddy?

Baaah~
Dullenplain
Life @ 45RPM

Member 2299

Level 38.16

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 10:27 PM Local time: Apr 14, 2006, 09:27 PM #15 of 24
Possibly rot, if the orange was old enough. Was the brown spot deep inside? I assume "just inside" means it is near the surface, so maybe it was the site of one hell of a bruise.

Anyway, don't have a picture, but one time while grocery shopping I came across several Red Delicious apples that were the size of one hand wrapped around another like you were ready to punch someone. I was thinking "surely something that big can't possibly taste good" so I skipped that monstrosity.

FELIPE NO

Classic J-Pop Volume 31
Add your location here at the ------> GFF Members Geographic Database
Mojougwe
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 255

Level 20.88

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 10:36 PM #16 of 24
Several times with candies, and other snacks in small packaging, I'd find 2 inside instead of 1. Like, 2 sticks of gum in 1 wrapper. How does it happen? Not even I can begin to figure ideas as to how.

I even had 2 fortune cookies in 1 packaging. And I too have found strawberries as big as the one in the 1st post.

How ya doing, buddy?
Talec
Dandelion Cysts

Member 802

Level 26.92

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 08:31 PM #17 of 24
Originally Posted by Fire On Ice
my friend grew mutant zuchini in his yard a year or so ago. I don't have any pictures but the zuchini itself was thicker then my leg and longer then my arm, it was huge. He never told me specificly what he did to them but he said he sprayed them with some "miracle growth somethingorother" which I can only assume is mystery chemicals.
....He used miracle-gro on it?!

He was either a man who loved zucchini beyond all else, or had never grown it before. XD My mom and I have grown zucchini a couple times, we just stick the seeds in the grown and keep them watered until they sprout... and then the plants try to take over the yard.

Also, I have a photo of a tomato I like to call the 'FLCL tomato':

~Na-keya

Most amazing jew boots
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Apr 27, 2006, 10:25 PM #18 of 24
Only those large pumpkin contest come to mind for this thread. It must be cool to grow something that large.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 02:16 AM Local time: Apr 28, 2006, 12:16 AM #19 of 24
I once ate a pint of strawberries that made me sick for 4 days straight. Vomitting, fever, shakes, stomachaches, it sucked. It was probably a whole batch of those cancer-berries pictured above.

I want to know who I can sue.

ava lilly
not a lily

Member 307

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 01:44 PM #20 of 24
Originally Posted by kat
I once ate a pint of strawberries that made me sick for 4 days straight. Vomitting, fever, shakes, stomachaches, it sucked. It was probably a whole batch of those cancer-berries pictured above.

you sure you're not mildly allergic to them?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 28, 2006, 09:25 PM #21 of 24

So we're giving fruits cancer... One step closer to weaponization.

Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Apr 29, 2006, 12:42 AM #22 of 24
Well, sorta. They took a pair of strawberry plants, let them steep in the compound, then allowed cross-pollenization to occur. This isn't really anything profound, nor is it as detrimental as you seem to portray the matter. Nearly all fruits and vegetables that we purchase are "retarded" hybrids in some fashion.
It's true that manipulating the chromosomal properties can cause abnormalities, but this isn't man playing God, per se. The same mutations would happen normally, albeit with less frequency. We simply observed the phenomenon and learned how to induce it at will.
The parent plants may absorb the chemical, and the direct offspring probably absorb trace amounts from the parent, but after that, the chromosomal changes have been made; there's no reason to further expose the plants to chemicals as long as the altered hybrids will bear seeded fruit.

The actual reason we're given this engineered produce is that hybrids are statistically more fertile than purebreeds; the chances of successful pollenization are higher. Not only that, hybridized fruits and vegetables often bear enhanced resistances to plant viruses, molds, parasites and environmental threats, due to the offspring receiving the best of each parent's defenses. After some calculate chain-breeding, horticulturists have produced some hardy plants that pose no health risk (pesticide sprays notwithstanding).

So freakish strawberries are something that would happen in nature anyhow. There's no cause for alarm.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old May 10, 2006, 06:28 PM #23 of 24
Originally Posted by kat

It was probably from the raw sewage they use in Mexico as fertilizer to grow them. Don't you guys remember that big scandal a few years ago where a bunch of people were getting deathly ill from strawberries and they traced it back to raw sewage?

Anyway, has anyone heard of "grapples"? They are genetically modified apples that taste and smell like grapes. They're good, but very expensive. I buy them for my son's lunch sometimes.

FELIPE NO
Arienas
Halsey <3

Member 1626

Level 6.48

Mar 2006

Old May 11, 2006, 12:11 AM Local time: May 10, 2006, 11:11 PM #24 of 24
I bought a pack a few weeks go. Yeah, they smell nice and all, but they taste like plain apples. $4 for just four of them.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Abnormal food products.