Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Best Pizza to Eat?

The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 07:43 PM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 07:43 PM #1 of 86
Best Pizza to Eat?

Ok, last night, and today, I had lots of pizza! Yay for pizza!

It got to wanting to post a thread (Haven't posted one in a while), about what your favorite ordered pizza is. Personally, I order my stuff from Dominos... I find their think crust very good and besides that, I have a 50% off coupon. It really comes in handy for parties.

What's you favorite delivery or pizza restaurant? Also, how do you usually like your crust?

How ya doing, buddy?
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 07:43 PM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 02:43 AM #2 of 86
TOMBSTONE PIZZA

no homo
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 07:49 PM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 07:49 PM #3 of 86
Originally Posted by Zip
TOMBSTONE PIZZA
Wow.... How did I not see that one coming...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Domino
-

Member 1180

Level 28.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 08:04 PM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 02:04 AM #4 of 86
I love pizza from our local (I say local, it's more than 15 miles away) pizza take-out place. It has the best pizzas that I have ever tasted. My favourite would have to be either their meat feast pizza or their kebab pizza.
They always have the crust how I like a well, thick and soft.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 09:11 PM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 07:11 PM #5 of 86
There's this place in Visalia called Howie and Sons that makes some of the best pizza in town. They have an all-you-can-eat lunch buffet every day and on weekends pizza is cheaper and they have indie rock bands playing. It's fucking awesome~

But the best pizza award around here goes to a local (at least I think it's local) franchise called Me 'N Ed's Pizzeria. They have these massive brick ovens to cook their pizzas in and so far as I've experienced ANYWHERE in this country it's the best pizza that I've ever eaten.

I was speaking idiomatically.
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 09:43 PM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 06:43 PM #6 of 86
The best pizza I've ever eaten is from a little dive outside of Pittsburgh called Vincent's Pizza Park. The absolutely enormous pies are filled to the brim with cheese and pounds of toppings. You really have to experience it to know why I love it so much, but my favorite part is the delicious, thick crust. So tasty. Hell, they ship their pizzas worldwide for anyone who is craving a Vinnie pie, so you can experience it.

http://pittsburgh.citysearch.com/profile/8618311

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:14 PM #7 of 86
I've eaten pizza on four continents and in thirteen countries, so I've had a fair bit of experience with regional variations and the like.

My favorite "widely available" pizza--i.e. one from an international chain--is Pizza Hut; I enjoy the way the deep-dish crust is cooked, so it's impregnated with grease and flavor, and their pepperoni is quite good. Domino's is a nice cheap alternative, but I don't like Papa John's--too sweet, and not greasy enough.

My personal favorite brand is a local brand called Cottage Inn. They specialize in deep-dish square-cut pies, and coat the entire crust, both above and below the cheese, with sesame seeds. The toppings are put under the cheese, which allows the flavor to seep upward and downward as they're cooked, and the sauce is deliciously tangy.

The best foreign pizza I've had was at the Vatican--thin-cut, with American-style pepperoni and huge (expensive) slices. Must have been blessed or something. Incidentally, actual Italian pizza isn't that good--they make the crust too thin (pita-thin) and don't slice the pies.

FELIPE NO
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:28 PM #8 of 86
If we're talking about places all over the US, I prefer Pizza Hut or UNO.

If we're talking about local, then a place called Nunzio's. They just know how to make pizza right, adding a little seasoning to the dough on the bottom making it literally an orgy to eat.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Retriever II
Syklis Green

Member 4083

Level 7.77

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:54 PM #9 of 86
I used to like Domino's pizza when I was little. I can hardly swallow it now; it just doesn't taste very good. The only other "widespread" chain I've dealt with is Papa Gino's, which I think is okay. On most days. Sometimes they make the pizza too soupy, and then I'm tempted to go up and ask for a ladle with my meal.

Like most people I've got much better local alternatives. Not long ago I got a couple really good hamburger and pepperoni pizzas from Florentina's, who I always thought of as more of a sloppy unappetizing restaraunt. It wasn't overly greasy and had a really good flavor. A couple other places I like are A1 pizza, which is pretty much your standard fare pie, and Roberto's, which has a thinner crust that's greasy more in the way of a shortbread cookie than a melted cheese bath, so it's not like biting into soggy dough.

How ya doing, buddy?
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 10:58 PM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 03:58 AM #10 of 86
I always make my own pizza, based on one I had in Spain. Principally it consists of tuna, capers and cheese with rocksalt and some quality olive oil thrown into the mix.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lord Styphon
Malevolently Mercurial

Member 3

Level 50.41

Feb 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 11:08 PM Local time: Dec 9, 2006, 11:08 PM #11 of 86
When I order pizza, I'll generally order it from a statewide chain called Double Dave's. They proudly proclaim their specialty in crust, and how they hand-toss all of it. I don't really give the crust a second thought, though, even if it is what they trumpet. I'm more concerned about the toppings. But it's all good. So good, in fact, that I swore off Pizza Hut entirely, since it's comparatively crap.

This isn't to say that Double Dave's is the only place I'll get pizza. There is also a purely local chain (three locations, with another opening next year) called Candelari's. They specialize in their sausages, which really is the best in Houston as far as I'm concerned. One of these days I'll have to try all the varieties they offer. My only complaint is that they don't have a HUEG size, which Double Dave's does.

How ya doing, buddy?
Celes Chere
Good Chocobo

Member 11349

Level 18.07

Aug 2006

Old Dec 9, 2006, 11:20 PM #12 of 86
Thanks to this whole Tombstone thing I've been craving pizza.

My family used to really like Papa John's, but my mother claimed to be tired of it after a while so we switched to Dominos. They're just okay. I always thought their crust was kind of "doughy", moreso than other places.

I like Pizza Hut too but I rarely go there anymore.

As for frozen pizzas, I enjoy Freschetta. Red Baron's alright too. My favorite type of pizza is plain pepperoni.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 02:23 AM #13 of 86
Uno, the absolute greatest pizza on the planet.

Delicious, thick, tomato-ridden pizza that almost made traveling 250 miles to pick up my brat of a sister all worthwhile.

Runner up goes to a little place called JD's Pizza. I doubt there's too many of them around, but it's definetely the pizza we order up every Friday. They give you some very generous portions for under 20 bucks, and toss in a free bag of garlic rolls.

Drex
i like presents

Member 973

Level 35.75

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 02:44 AM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 01:44 AM #14 of 86
Speaking of pizza chains and not local places (since that can't really lead to discussion, as such), Pier 49. I don't know just how wide-spread it is, but their gourmet pizzas are superb. (I actually just had some tonight!) They do sourdough crust, for starters. My favorite styles are the "Little Italy" (pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes (baked or fresh), green onions, and pepperoncinis on ranch sauce), "Lombard Street" (southwestern chicken in hickory bbq sauce, imported cheeses, red onions), and "Telegraph Hill" (cajun sauce, spicy chicken, mozzarella).

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 04:26 AM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 02:26 AM #15 of 86
Originally Posted by Drex
Speaking of pizza chains and not local places (since that can't really lead to discussion, as such), Pier 49.
OH GOD YES! Salt Lake City, UT! I remember going there about 6 years ago and the friend I was visiting took us to Pier 49. (which ironically enough doesn't have a single location in San Francisco)

Sourdough crusts = <3 to the NTH degree.

FELIPE NO
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 04:30 AM #16 of 86
For franchised places I prefer Pizza Hut. You cant beat a meat lovers stuffed crust, and a basket of hot wings.

For local places I enjoy this hole in the wall places called Papa's, not to be confused with Papa John's. They had the best pizza and subs you could find anywhere, and for some reason whenever you bought one pizza you got another free. Cant beat that shit. Its also the only place anywhere with a pinball machine. Some serious nostalgia.

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 11:38 AM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 04:38 PM #17 of 86
Homemade pizza, can't beat it

Asides from that, I'd say Dominos, simply because I know people who work there and the last time I orderd a pizza (it was about a year ago >.<) it was from there. Plus they are pretty damn nice, especially with that garlic and herb dip they have.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
JackTheRipper
fuck

Member 1296

Level 19.17

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 02:45 PM #18 of 86
Chicken and Bacon pizza from dominoes is awesome. I rarely order pizza, but Dominoes is where I go when I do.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 02:54 PM #19 of 86
Am I the only one who thinks Domino's crust taste stale? Its chewy instead of crispy.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 03:09 PM #20 of 86
You certainly aren't. I gave up on Domino's a long time ago. They worked during the '80s, but now their cheese and crust tastes stale and artificial compared to the competition. I like my pizzas thick and filling. We switched to Pizza Hut's meat lovers for a time (the biggest complaint is that their pizzas were a bit TOO filling). Then we went the Papa John route for a while (not nearly as filling, but it tasted great especially with the garlic sauce). Then about a year ago we tried JD's, and have stuck with them since (thick, filling, delicious).

I'd still stick with Uno if I could, but the only nearby one for me is in Orlando, FL. So as a result it's become a sort of vacation tradition to stop there every time we travel. I guess the added nostalgia makes the pizza even tastier.

*AkirA*

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 03:17 PM #21 of 86
Ive never heard of Uno, but judging from this thread I should of.

Soldier
Hero of Twilight

Member 98

Level 35.79

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 03:31 PM #22 of 86
http://www.unos.com/

Highly recommended. Then again perhaps I'm just a big fan of chicago-style. Pizza Hut made a chicago-style pizza once (but never again, it seems). One time I ate the entire box all on my own. I still regret that to this day.

KyleDunamis
Good Chocobo

Member 3720

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 05:19 PM #23 of 86
Living on Long Island (NY) you an usually just drive a block or 2 from any given location and find some good pizza from some random place. The best, though is a new place called Caprio's in Franklin Square

FELIPE NO
ionuk tomb
Ionuk_Tomb

Member 13311

Level 8.35

Sep 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 05:26 PM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 04:26 PM #24 of 86
Pizza Hut stuffed crust meat lovers is awesome, but because it is not only expensive pizza, but expensive delivery, I order Domino's all the time on regular crust with italian sausage and extra cheese. I also love Panago Pizza (Canadian chain). Very high quality toppings loaded on top, but also expensive. Little Caesar's is too expensive, and their toppings aren't even that good...they also seem to have a habit of burning my pizza every time.

I wish more places offered stuffed crusts.

Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Dec 10, 2006, 05:35 PM Local time: Dec 10, 2006, 08:05 PM #25 of 86
pizza hut is awesome, but for me here in my part of Canada, there's this little pizza joint down the road from me that makes the best/cheapest pizza around. for 14 bucks you get a 16 slice jumbo with 5 toppings, which kicks ass

Jam it back in, in the dark.

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Best Pizza to Eat?