Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Beef Jerky

elwe
Hippos and Gelatin

Member 1354

Level 22.29

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2006, 03:26 AM Local time: Aug 4, 2006, 03:26 AM #26 of 33
I think I've tried shredded Chinese jerky before, and if that was what I thought it was, then it was pretty tasty and fluffy! Yes, I did say fluffy. I think this was listed on that jerky site Dopple shared, and the description mentioned someting about softness, so I'm assuming that this was it.

The last time I had jerky was about a year ago. I don't remember what brand it was, but I know it wasn't Chinese jerky. Well, it was too chewy and tough for my tastes.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
CLOudkiller
Slacker Extraoridinaire

Member 686

Level 14.87

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2006, 02:25 PM #27 of 33
Would buy some if they were'nt $6.50 for 7oz. So I make my own jerky, fresh from the cow!!

How ya doing, buddy?
Eiolon
Small Two of Pieces

Member 2397

Level 6.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 6, 2006, 08:27 AM #28 of 33
I make my own jerky as well. I am addicted to spicy foods (I eat hot peppers for breakfast) and no matter who says they have spicy stuff, it doesn't even have a bite. So, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 05:40 PM #29 of 33
Jerky is definately one of those things that are better when spicy. I prefer almost any kind of meat with a little heat and spice.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Sir VG
Banned

Member 49

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Aug 7, 2006, 09:52 PM Local time: Aug 7, 2006, 08:52 PM #30 of 33
I wish I had some simple way that I could make my own jerky. I love the stuff but it's just too pricy to buy in the store.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Jiraiya
Out Of The Blue

Member 486

Level 10.08

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:27 AM #31 of 33
Originally Posted by Sir VG
I wish I had some simple way that I could make my own jerky. I love the stuff but it's just too pricy to buy in the store.
I remember seeing on an episode of Good Eats, the jerky was placed in an air filter, and put in front of a fan...if I remember correctly. Not sure, may want to look that one up.

FELIPE NO
Encephlon
Wrrryyyyyy

Member 10826

Level 1.60

Aug 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:54 AM #32 of 33
agreed, chinese beef jerky is really good. Especially the hot fruit flavored ones :drools

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Strangers in the night~
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2006, 04:15 PM #33 of 33
Originally Posted by Sir VG
My dad bought a dehydrator (guess thats what there called) fairly cheap. He ordered his, but im pretty sure you could find one at Sears or some place like that.

The rest of the expense is just buying the meat and your choice of spices and marinades. You will come out cheaper in the long run if you make your own. I personally think home made taste better 9 times out of 10 then store bought any day.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Beef Jerky