Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

A small Idea? Gamingforce Weight Loss?

Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:11 AM #26 of 36
Soo... I havn't been getting in the running I would like to - but I have been doing much more walking then normal, at least 5-10km/day. And pushing planes around at the airport is a good workout too!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:58 PM #27 of 36
A friend of mine sent me this site too, it's pretty useful!

www.fitday.com

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:18 PM #28 of 36
For all you fatties, don't even worry about cardio until you get your diet in order. The 600-lb. dude should NOT be running, he will have a heart attack. I know this sounds funny, but I couldn't be more serious. Just start eating right and you'll drop weight, and DON'T RUN. You can walk to get your metabolism going a little bit, but no high intensity cardio. It's sort of self-defeating to kill yourself while you're trying to get healthy.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Little Yuna
Wark!

Member 3350

Level 1.73

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 07:50 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 05:50 PM #29 of 36
Originally Posted by Will

Cut carbs! Only eat carbs for breakfast and right after workout. Don't be afraid of fats. .
Umm, I'm confused. Aren't Carbohydrates easier to break down then fats? Like, not all fats are bad but carbs are better to have then cutting them out of your diet and replace them for fats. Fats do not give you enough energy to burn it off and it takes longer... or so I thought. Im confused... I thought fats were more complex than carbs.

....yeah=.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Stealth
Indigo 1

Member 207

Level 22.37

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:35 PM Local time: Apr 6, 2006, 10:35 PM #30 of 36
Originally Posted by Locke
A friend of mine sent me this site too, it's pretty useful!

www.fitday.com
Cool site, I'm gonna give it a try.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:42 PM #31 of 36
Yeah, you're very confused. Fats have 9 Calories per gram whereas carbs on have 4! Your body stores excess calories--whether they be from carbs, fat, or protein--as fat. The only danger with fat is that, since it's more energy dense, it takes less of it to fullfill your caloric requirements. Also, the more fat you eat, the more saturated fat you'll tend to eat (if you're not careful about your fat sources), so you might be at greater risk for heart disease. Otherwise, the only reason fats will be stored is because you're eating them with carbs! Carbohydrates facilitate the transport of fat to the cells and protein to muscle, which is why you should eat carbs with protein only. Carbs are very tricky though, because if you're not immediately burning them as energy, you're going to store them as fat. So that's why it's important to eat them for breakfast (when your metabolism is running high and you've basically fasted for eight hours) and right after workout when your metabolism is primed again. Now, you can eat some carbs before workout, but then you'll burn those instead of fat.

FELIPE NO
neus
You're getting slower!

Member 512

Level 20.69

Mar 2006

Old Apr 7, 2006, 08:44 PM #32 of 36
Hey, what a great thread.
I'm 18 years old, 6'6 and 250 pounds. (XBOX & 1/4 in coloquial terms.)

I am vegetarian, and my mom is a health nut - my diet is very varied and balanced. Now, as for exercise ...
See, my initial plan was to start off by walking for an hour and then to slowly increase my walking speed to jogging - the eventual goal being running. I've started this about two months ago (I think) and it isn't progressing as well as it should.
Don't get me wrong - I've stuck to it, but ...

You see, one morning, about three week ago, I forgot to stretch like I usually do. Somewhere around the middle of my usual route my ankle twisted in a weird way, but I thought nothing of it because it didn't hurt.
It felt a bit uncomfortable for a while, and then I forgot about it.

Well ... you can guess what happend next. The ankle started hurting like crazy, and I being the stubborn bastard that I am didn't want to go to the doctor and kept right on walking - every morning at 6:05 for 40+ minutes.

You see, I have had self-discipline issues in the past, and quitting then in order to let my ankle heal properly could have meant that I would never go back to my exercising regime.
So I stuck with it, and the ankle has since mostly healed. It still hurts, and I can't even jog - much less run. I am waiting for it to heal enough so that I can start running - it is bloody frustrating to just walk when it's such a beautiful morning and there are tons of hot females running.

Gah.

I guess I'll update this in a few days when I start jogging and such. It's all really quite easy if you establish a habit and have iron self-discipline.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Apr 8, 2006, 12:32 AM #33 of 36
Wow, you managed to get that big on a healthy diet? Man, you've got a nice foundation for weightlifting with all that extra poundage. You're tall, so you definitely have a biomechanical disadvantage, but if you worked hard you could etch out a decent frame. I know a lot of guys in the weightlifting community who would never attempt to bulk on a "clean" diet.

Anyway, exercise is good for boosting your metabolism and burning a few calories, but your diet is much more important. At your weight, I would say try eating around 2500 calories a day and see where that gets you. Every once in a while (maybe once a week) you should work in a "cheat" meal where you eat the foods you crave until you're full, with blatant disregard for your health. And by all means feel guilty about it, because you'll be that much more motivated to dive back into the diet. This meal basically throws your body off so it doesn't adapt to the lower calorie state, and it also introduces leptin into your system, so your body will allow you to lose fat.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Locke
Flying High

Member 488

Level 23.98

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 12:53 PM #34 of 36
Well, I've made a little progress it seems - I havn't weighed myself in quite some time, but I did notice today that my slacks are noticably looser then they have been - woo It's working!

I've been getting tons of excersize lately though, hauling my desktop on a 2km trip to the computer shop, and then the same trip back later that day, lots of running, miles and miles of walking, pushing/pulling aircraft into/out of hangers, and even flying!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Licensed Commercial Pilot!
Currently: Float Pilot in BC
Need a pilot? PM Me.
Commercial Pilot, land and seaplanes, single and multi engines, instrument rating... I'm a jack of all trades! I can even be type rated!

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 14, 2006, 08:10 PM #35 of 36
Will, you sound like you know quite a bit about training diets. Am I right? If so, I could use a little help making one for when I'm allowed to exercise again (I have mono, and this is week 5 of my 6 week doctor's orders ban from exercising. I can't wait until I can hit the gym again!)

Most amazing jew boots

reborn2142
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 5231

Level 1.60

Apr 2006

Old Apr 15, 2006, 06:14 AM Local time: Apr 15, 2006, 10:14 PM #36 of 36
i'll tell you a miracle weight loss story. my brother was once the fattest kid in school, everyone teased him. he was about 70 kilos and he was eight years old. but he just kept on eating anyway, after that i suggested for him to go on a diet. his diet then consisted of even more chocolate, chips and icecream than before. add mcdonalds and kfc to that you'd think that he couldn't get any fatter. A year later he lost thirty kilos!!!!!!!!
i dunno what the hell happened, call it a micrale of god if you will but right now hes calling me fat!!!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > A small Idea? Gamingforce Weight Loss?