Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Screwing up at work

Max POWER
My style is impetuous

Member 7000

Level 17.86

May 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 05:19 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 04:19 PM #1 of 9
Screwing up at work

This thread was partly inspired by KCJ506's thread found here, although it doesn't have anything to do with customers. I was just wondering what is the worst thing you've ever done while on the job? Were you fired because of it? Did you opt not to tell your supervisor?

Well, I've been working at a warehouse doing sweaty Mexican labor for a few months, and I had to learn how to drive a fork lift. I was still getting used to the controls, and one day, I dropped some sheets off the clipboard attached in the forklift. I tried catching them instinctively, and crashed the forklift into the aisle wall. I was lucky no one was around. >_> I told my supervisor, and they were able to work out the dinks left in the metal rack. Even still, that was a pretty scary experience.

Gimme your best shot.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Cellius
Systematic

Member 1343

Level 28.80

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 06:09 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 04:09 PM #2 of 9
It was my first day at Wal-mart, and I was a cart pusher (though Wal-mart's handy dandy class system labelled me as a STOCKMAN). We had an electric cartpusher which is pretty powerful, and can push 40-50 carts comfortably. It's controlled by remote, so you can stand at the front of the long line of carts and guide it as you make your way around the gargantuan parking lot, collecting carts and adding to the snake-like line of carts.

Well.
I wasn't really paying attention and I was going down a slight incline in the parking lot, and the entire line of carts detached from the cartpusher. So here I am, ho hum, guiding these carts that are in freefall, oblivious to the cartpusher, bereft of steering and its cart line, still plowing on strong... keep in mind this is a powerful and relentless machine:
Spoiler:
BAM! RIGHT INTO SOMEONE'S FUCKIN' SUV!!

Miraculously, my trainer had gone in for some water during this period so I was alone at the time. I didn't tell anyone. I would absolutely have been fired if I'd've been seen.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Cellius; Aug 21, 2006 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Edited for dramatic effect
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 06:30 PM #3 of 9
Well I work in a Met Food supermarket that my cousin owns. I do a little bit of everything, but i'm mainly a cashier. So anyway, for cashiers, when we get a lot of cash in the register we put aside $800 (in the unlikely event that someone robs a supermarket in SOHO) and give it to the office people, and this is known as a pick up. So anyway, i've been working there for nearly 3 years. Just a year ago we had to start counting our cash registers at the end of the day in another room. We used to do it in the upstairs office, but I guess they didn't trust us up there anymore or something.

So it's the end of my shift, and I have to count my money. I had a pick up. (remember this is $800 we're talking about here.) So I ask for my printout (the sheet that tells us how much we earned for the day) from the girl that works in the office. When she sent it down to me i did the usual and offered to give her the pick up then. For some reason she decided that was a good day to tell me to just add it to my sales. Now when we get a pickup, we get a seperate printout sheet to go with it. It has our names, and everything. I like to wrap the money with the paper, which is what I did this time. So i'm in the room downstairs counting my box, everything came out OK, and I wasn't short or anything, but... I forgot my pickup downstairs. **note** the downstairs area is EMPLOYEES ONLY! **/note** Unfortunatly, I didn't know I forgot it till the next day where one of the managers asked me what the heck happened to it. At this point, i'm in panic/anger mode. It's nowhere to be found. Even better is that this goddamn room that they make us count in now has NO camera. Great idea asshole cousin, let's make all my workers count thousands of dollars in a room without a camera!

So, here's what could have happened:

- 1. Someone cleaned out that room, and since the money was wrapped in that paper, thought it was garbage.

- 2. Someone knew exactly what it was, stole it, and to this day got away with it. Oh, and since it has my name on it, they know it was mine. That makes me even more pissed off about it since I generally never had any issues with anybody at my job.

So I have to take part of my pay out every week to pay this back piece by piece. I have $550 left to pay back...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 07:27 PM #4 of 9
When I worked at Outback Steakhouse some customers brought in a huge birthday cake and asked us to put it in our refrigerator until everyone finished their meal, then bring it out, light the candles and sing "Happy Birthday."

To make a long story short, I was rounding the corner with it when I somehow lost the balance on the tray and dropped it. Like an idiot, I tried to catch it and for some reason I stuck out my leg and the whole thing broke over the top of my leg. I was stained blue for the rest of the night and my boss had to give everyone at the table (I think there were about 15 people) free desserts.

On another occasion I served nine...NINE...Long Island Iced Teas to an 18-year-old. I cut him off when he started getting out of hand, and it was at that point that his mother decided to clue me in that he was underage. In my defense, he had a full, bushy beard and everything. I never would have guessed he was only 18.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Koneko
Procrastinating Artist Extraordinaire

Member 1046

Level 9.94

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 07:43 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 05:43 PM #5 of 9
WTF is wrong with the mom letting you serve her son alcohol?

My screw-ups at work are mostly minor. Worst I did at Subway so far was accidently leave some bread in the proofer/steamer (in my defense the closer forgot it too, we were both scolded). At this bakery, I fell for the classic 'change swap' scam and accidently gave about $60 or so to the scammer. I can't figure out why I wasn't fired right then and there.

I won't even get into McDonalds, I swear they accused me of screwing up every five-f*king-seconds during the 3 years I worked there.

I was speaking idiomatically.

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!"

Last edited by Koneko; Aug 21, 2006 at 07:45 PM.
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 07:50 PM #6 of 9
I used to work in a hardware store. One time, I was moving a bunch of empty pallets out through the back of the receiving area to outside. My foot caught on some random thing, so I pulled my foot back out and gave it a swift kick. It dislodged from where it was, but I noticed part of it was attatched to the nearby wall. I didn't really think anything of it then. Anyways, fast forward to closing, my boss is going to turn on the alarms at work, but they won't because one of the alarm sensors says a door is still open. Turns out it is the receiving door one that I had dislodged. I guess my boss stayed after for half an hour trying to figure out what the problem was and putting it back into place. Whoops. Never said that I did it, though.

How ya doing, buddy?
Void
i turn black thoughts to red

Member 6792

Level 11.90

May 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 08:12 PM #7 of 9
When I used to work at CVS, on my second to last day there I was bringing a crate of ammonia down on the conveyer belt. Somehow the crate toppled and dropped/broke/spilled like 24 bottles of ammonia. They had to bring in a crew to clean it up, and the entire stockroom was unaccessible for like 3 days. Good times.

FELIPE NO
The only way out is through.
Fatt
When the moon hits your eye...

Member 238

Level 16.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 08:20 PM Local time: Aug 21, 2006, 08:20 PM #8 of 9
Originally Posted by AliceNWondrland
I served nine...NINE...Long Island Iced Teas to an 18-year-old. I cut him off when he started getting out of hand, and it was at that point that his mother decided to clue me in that he was underage. In my defense, he had a full, bushy beard and everything. I never would have guessed he was only 18.
The key word here is NINE. Not nine shots, but nine Long Islands. If I was your boss, I would have fired you for serving any patron nine Long Islands, but since I'm closer to a coworker than an employee or an employer, I salute your bravery!

I didn't tell my boss this one, but once I mailed an insurance claim to a patient instead of to the insurance company. The funny thing is, I wrote the address wrong and it came back to the office. Somehow two wrongs did make a right.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
"I can make a scalpel sing, but that is my gift. The gift is not in my hands, for you see, I can play the notes [on a piano], but I can't make music."

~ Major Charles Emerson Winchester III
4077 M*A*S*H
Weapon
FK in the coffee

Member 4644

Level 8.12

Apr 2006

Old Aug 21, 2006, 08:22 PM Local time: Aug 22, 2006, 11:22 AM #9 of 9
UPS JOB
-I crashed the side of a UPS truck into one of those safety metal poles that run directly into a cemented ground.

PC REPAIR JOB
-Acidentally formated a customers hard drive who had all his court case information in it. Though it was partly my fault why the hell would you keep such sensitive into in your computer w/o back ups?!

-Forgot to scan a customer's system before plugging it into our network. I don't remember that virus it was but it spread out to everyones system.
My boss wasn't too pleased...

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > Screwing up at work