Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] Terrible taste in games? Guilty secrets and you

Araes
Plush

Member 11574

Level 19.87

Aug 2006

Old Aug 1, 2009, 04:17 PM Local time: Aug 1, 2009, 04:17 PM #76 of 86
devoid of wanky crap like "killstreak rewards"
One guilty pleasure would actually be the Unreal Tournament games, for all the over-the-top wanky crap they stuck onto them. Getting big rooms of folks together and having announcers screaming about "Dominating" and "Megakill" was great fun. Used to write mutators and mods for 2004 I liked it so much. The cyclical, John Madden presents the next version of this game, style got a bit old, but I still enjoyed them more than most "serious" FPS games.

On popular titles, I can't stand Ocarina of Time. I disliked the way that 3D controls were implemented as the series shifted, I hated the endless walking through look-alike zone segments, and the visual style did nothing for me compared to the cartoony SNES days. Conversely, I liked Wind Waker, which has all kinds of hypocritical aspects for endless traveling, but was so very pretty.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Infernal Monkey
TEAM MENSA

Member 15

Level 45.57

Feb 2006

Old Aug 1, 2009, 11:32 PM Local time: Aug 2, 2009, 02:32 PM 1 #77 of 86
XGRA really was great. It had some pretty crazy track designs, and the run-down futuristic setting was actually kinda interesting instead of just plain 'ol depressing. It was a ring toss game. His name was Bart. Also the soundtrack was awesome.

Knowing Extreme-G would go down the tubes was the only thing that made me sad about Acclaim's death.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Malmer
From Shambler with Love

Member 168

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2009, 06:02 AM Local time: Aug 2, 2009, 01:02 PM #78 of 86
The rights for XG was up for grabs when they died, and are now owned by Throwback Entertainment.

I might be a tad silly, also I swallowed a bug yesterday while riding downhill, but I'm still holding my breath.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2009, 04:08 PM Local time: Aug 2, 2009, 03:08 PM #79 of 86
I must be the only one who thought XGRA was one of the weakest XG games. Maybe I'm just the terrible one. MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE

FELIPE NO
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2009, 04:17 PM #80 of 86
lol Frankie. I played in a game with him once. What a weirdo.
How's he weird? I played with him once in H3 but he never said a word (one of his buddies mentioned it might be his privacy settings). He's pretty decent as far as players go, but I can say that the man is godlike with sticky grenades. I have never seen someone pull of so much bullshit in one match in my life with those.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

#654: Braixen
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 2, 2009, 04:25 PM #81 of 86
SEXIST

How ya doing, buddy?

#654: Braixen
Lord Jaroh
It's all about being a Newbie

Member 2072

Level 13.42

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2009, 09:19 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2009, 09:19 AM #82 of 86
For some reason I am a fan of the Monster Rancher series. I find some draw to the randomly created monsters coming from CDs/DVDs you own, and I always hoped that they would add more depth to the game's battle engine, and to make the monsters less "cute". It sucks though, I wanted to try the second one, but have never found a copy, and apparently it was the best of the bunch. Sigh.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Rangel
Not as new as he looks

Member 1986

Level 9.45

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2009, 01:11 AM 1 #83 of 86
Wow...I can't believe I got through that novel on the Halo series. There isn't even more for me to add on that discussion <_<

I saw two of my games mentioned that I like and a lot of people seem to hate. The Harvest Moon Series and Thousand Arms. The amount of laughs I got from Thousand Arms alone was worth my game times. Just talking about it makes me want to play it right now and brings bake my memories of dating random girls to make my sword stronger...the sexual innuendo. And any game where you take a girl into a hotel room and it tells you "this game is not rated for that" gets my win any day.

I also loved Final Fantasy VIII. I hold to this day it is the most underrated Final Fantasy.

I've haven't played anything after X however, so I have yet to judge.

Games others seemed to like that I can't get into? Tetris and Dr. Mario, or any puzzle game rip-offs of the sort. Mostly because I'm terrible....

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] Terrible taste in games? Guilty secrets and you