Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[General Discussion] E3 Expectations and Reactions Thread

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 07:57 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2009, 03:57 PM #176 of 195
Hopefully they won't do the obvious "main character becomes lord of darkness!" plot twist. Otherwise it looks really good. Robert Carlyle <3

Also I don't get why more people aren't psyched for it, new look Splinter Cell Conviction looks astounding.

I really wasn't looking forward to the game based on the previous iteration but this new style has me completely sold. I love the visual style, the pace of the action and the execute system looks to work really smooth too. Game looks what Bourne should have been.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 08:07 AM #177 of 195
Originally Posted by 1up
E3 Protestors Picket EA's Dante's Inferno

Protesters have formed around E3, and they're surprisingly livid about the game Dante's Inferno. 1UP user Jeff Yanick snapped photos and even interviewed one of the protesters. Cherry Adams from The Saved Group said they consider EA the "Electronic Antichrist" and are protesting based on the game's portrayal of hell. "This disrespects ourselves, the Bible, the Christian belief," she said. "We don't need this right now in our society."
Specifically her organization disagrees with the ability to leave hell, using the cross as a weapon, and the game's violence. "So we decided to come down before it's released here and spread the word so people can be informed about it." Asked why the organization is protesting the game specifically when the work of literature has been around for years, Adams feels it would encourage impressionable young people. "Our youth today live in a fantasy world to begin with, and they don't need any encouragement to follow in the sins that are laid out in the levels of hell."

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Taco
inaccurate

Member 740

Level 26.23

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 08:12 AM #178 of 195
EA = Electronic Anti-Christ?

Sure, we'll roll with that one.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 08:23 AM Local time: Jun 4, 2009, 02:23 PM #179 of 195
Christians sure do pick some weird shit to complain about. I mean of all the things in computer games that could possibly offend a slightly nutty christian, they're pissed off that a game allows you to escape from hell? Have they not played Too Human? You get to fucking invade hell in that one, butcher your way through legions of dammed souls then nuke the place on the way out. There also weren't too many complaints about Kratos fighting his way out of the underworld in the first God of War, although to be fair there aren't too many fundamental, ancient Greek polytheists around these days.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 08:44 AM #180 of 195
Considering what happened with the likes of Dan Brown's Davinci Code, this likely comes from a not altogether unique propensity to presume their beliefs are somehow uniquely untouchable. There are "worse" games they could be protesting, but there's no doubt these people are acting on heresay: "did you hear about this game where you can leave hell? TO THE CONFERENCE"

How ya doing, buddy?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:05 AM #181 of 195
Wow. A 3D Castlevania I think I might actually want to play. Looks great and they even got a really good pool of vocal talent to go with it. =)

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:36 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2009, 12:36 PM #182 of 195
Also I don't get why more people aren't psyched for it, new look Splinter Cell Conviction looks astounding.

I really wasn't looking forward to the game based on the previous iteration but this new style has me completely sold. I love the visual style, the pace of the action and the execute system looks to work really smooth too. Game looks what Bourne should have been.
This is probably my game of the show so far, despite the fact that I've never played the previous games. The only reason I'm not more excited about it is that it's 360-exclusive for the moment, and I only have a PS3. There's no doubt that it'll come to the PS3 eventually, but until that happens there's no point in me getting too excited for the game yet.

But yeah, I was enthralled by this game when they showed it both during Microsoft's and Ubisoft's press conferences, even though it was the same demo both times. Both presentation and gameplay look incredible.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 02:05 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2009, 10:05 PM 1 #183 of 195
This is probably my game of the show so far, despite the fact that I've never played the previous games.
I love all of the first three Splinter Cell games on the Xbox. They were a terrific mix of hollywood and authentic espionage, with excellent setpieces, great atmosphere and Michael Ironside building a great, properly charismatic character. The storylines were pretty hokum, but much of the dialogue was genuinely entertaining.
Where else would you grab a ventilation technician for information and the conversation would go:

"Something going on with the ventilation system?"
"Ow... ugh... hey, who are you?"
"Pretend I'm Harry Tuttle."
"Ugh... who?"
"I'm an ill-tempered and heavily-armed heating engineer who's asking questions about your ventilation system."
"I... I guess... I guess it's not working properly since the blackout."
"So, I guess it shouldn't take much to shut down that big fan I wanted to."
"I... I... I don't know. Why would you want to do that?"
"The adventure... the travel."
"Uh... okay."

Chaos Theory is obviously the pinnacle of the series (and the stealth genre in my mind) and a game any stealth fan should play through (Xbox or PC, not the PS2 or GC versions, though), but I enjoyed the first two just as well. I have Double Agent for the Xbox (which is different from the 360, PS3 and PC versions), but I've yet to play through it.

When they originally showed what Conviction was going to be like, with Sam's new bum look, moving through public crowds in daylight etc, I was interested in the story because of Grimsdottir's framing, but gameplaywise it didn't seem to offer me anything I loved about the Splinter Cell games. This new style is still very different, but displays a lot of the qualities I like, only with more energy and swiftness.

FELIPE NO

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 02:25 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2009, 01:25 PM #184 of 195
I actually have all four Splinter Cell games (for PS2 , though I actually have the PS2 and PS3 version of Double Agent), I've just never got around to playing them. It's a series I've always known I'll like (I read Tom Clancy's books, not to mention that I love stealth games, so it's a perfect combination), but for some reason I've never started on them. I probably will sometime soon since I'm excited for Conviction now, but there's still no rush since there's no time frame for the PS3 version.

And I haven't been following Conviction from the beginning, but I think I heard it was originally running on the same engine that they eventually used for Assassin's Creed (which it definitely sounds like from your description). I guess that wouldn't have been too bad (since I'm a big AC fan), but what I've seen of Conviction from E3 this year seems much better.

Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 02:28 PM #185 of 195
"Something going on with the ventilation system?"
"Ow... ugh... hey, who are you?"
"Pretend I'm Harry Tuttle."
"Ugh... who?"
"I'm an ill-tempered and heavily-armed heating engineer who's asking questions about your ventilation system."
"I... I guess... I guess it's not working properly since the blackout."
"So, I guess it shouldn't take much to shut down that big fan I wanted to."
"I... I... I don't know. Why would you want to do that?"
"The adventure... the travel."
"Uh... okay."
I have to play any game that makes a direct reference to Brazil.

That part in Conviction where you plan out your attack is sick.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Jun 4, 2009, 03:29 PM Local time: Jun 4, 2009, 03:29 PM #186 of 195
All the rage for Castlevania and no love for Patrick Stewart?

GET OUT.

find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:34 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 08:34 AM 1 #187 of 195

Last edited by map car man words telling me to do things; Jun 5, 2009 at 02:13 AM.
Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 04:46 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 03:46 AM #188 of 195
AMG! Castlevania: Lords of Shadow looks really really good. I think I'm anticipating that as much as God of War 3. I am preased!
Wow, that looks awesome! Some celebrity casting too, nuts to the prospect of a Castlevania movie. Music sounds really good too, although it'd be shame if Michiru Yamane wasn't involved anymore (her soundtrack was really the only reason why I picked up Lament of Innocence), in this case I don't really mind the change.

I'm anxious to see what mystery game Capcom keeps giving cryptic clues about. There are TWO games that will be revealed at E3 that are not known yet. One will be a playable Demo, and the other will just be 'Announced'.

Specifically they mentioned the following:
  • It’s something fans have been waiting for.
  • It’s from a classic Capcom IP.
  • It’s not a remake.
  • It’s not Devil May Cry 5 either.
  • It is an action game.
  • Capcom Japan is developing the title.
BTW, did Capcom ever announce what these two mystery game's were? Heh, I'm hoping one of em is an Onimusha sequel, with a better working co-op system than what they gave us in Dawn of Dreams..

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Snowknight
may carry parasites

Member 165

Level 22.05

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 07:51 AM #189 of 195
BTW, did Capcom ever announce what these two mystery game's were? Heh, I'm hoping one of em is an Onimusha sequel, with a better working co-op system than what they gave us in Dawn of Dreams..
Mystery game one is Tatsunoko v. Capcom, and mystery game two is Resident Evil PSP, essentially announced from Capcom's blog and twitter feed, respectively.

I was speaking idiomatically.
surasshu
Stupid monkey!

Member 28

Level 31.10

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 09:22 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 04:22 PM #190 of 195
Christians sure do pick some weird shit to complain about.
Those crazy Christians! Oh wait.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 09:57 AM #191 of 195
Those crazy Christians! Oh wait.
Why is your post from this thread quoted in the comments of the article you linked?

FELIPE NO
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 10:05 AM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 04:05 PM #192 of 195
Why is your post from this thread quoted in the comments of the article you linked?
And why am I quoted with funny broken tags and shit. I'll have you know my image rights don't come cheap.

Dark Nation
Employed

Member 722

Level 44.20

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:12 PM Local time: Jun 5, 2009, 10:12 AM #193 of 195
Mystery game one is Tatsunoko v. Capcom, and mystery game two is Resident Evil PSP, essentially announced from Capcom's blog and twitter feed, respectively.
Oh... well that's somewhat of a let-down. I wasn't really 'waiting' for a new Resident Evil title. Thanks for confirming it all the same though.

wvlfpvp
I'm going to write the most erotic, graphic, freakiest friend fiction ever

Member 122

Level 55.02

Mar 2006

Old Jun 5, 2009, 05:09 PM #194 of 195
So, I saw the trailer for the new Metroid and I have to say: it makes SO MUCH SENSE for Samus to have melee attacks. I honestly don't know why she hasn't in a canon game yet.

Excited.

It was lunchtime at Wagstaff.
Touching butts had been banned by the evil Headmaster Frond.
Suddenly, Tina Belcher appeared in the doorway.
She knew what she had to do.
She touched Jimmy Jr's butt and changed the world.
carolina17
Wark!

Member 33783

Level 1.10

Jun 2009

Old Jun 7, 2009, 02:50 PM #195 of 195
Talking Resident Evil - The Darkside Chronicles

I look forward to playing Resident Evil - The Darkside Chronicles

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [General Discussion] E3 Expectations and Reactions Thread