Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 12:42 AM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 12:42 AM #751 of 3609
The only announcement the WWE could make that actually matters is Vince and company telling everyone they'll GTFO of TV, push new talent, and give fresh feuds to people who are SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF JOHN CENA VERSUS ADAM COPELAND.

The "announcement" better deliver too, or they'll end up getting cheapshotted by TNA marks who will immediately turn and say that they only did it to absorb momentum. The Gods are not on the WWE's side at this point.

FELIPE NO
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 04:16 AM #752 of 3609
Tsk tsk Kos...the TASKMASTER?!?!?! It's the RINGMASTER .

Anyway, one thing I DID notice. I watched austin back in WCW when he was technically sound (and had all sorts of submission finishers including the "That's a wrap" spinning toe hold). When he went to WWE/F, it began to quickly shed away (some of it was already gone) until he mostly became a "loud-mouth brawler". So there IS some degree of entertainment in it. Not completely...lest wrestling simply be a really long, drawn-out play, but it IS there...

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 04:41 AM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 04:41 AM #753 of 3609
Righto. Well, that was a simple mix-up. Fact is, I do know he was aligned with Ted DiBiase, and went by a name similar. At least he wasn't the fucking Shockmaster, haha. There's too many ____master named wrestlers in the past anyway.

Of course there's a degree of entertainment. It shouldn't be, and usually isn't the forefront. Stone Cold Steve Austin isn't Stone Cold Steve Austin without his epic feuds with actual wrestlers like Bret Hart or Owen Hart back in the day. Without wrestling, the Stone Cold gimmick would never really have flied for the most part. WCW wore that out with Goldberg too, so it isn't like they're not guilty of it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
mortis
3/3/06

Member 634

Level 32.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 05:44 AM #754 of 3609
AH, I thought you were mixing him up with Kevin Sullivan. And true, you made a valid point about his feuds with Bret and Owen. I guess for me though, Austin REALLY didn't hit full steam until be won the belt at Mania 14. Then, it seemed that everyone always wondered what he would do next to piss off McMahon or get the belt back or whatnot. Granted, there were some excellent matches in between it like Rock VS Austin.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:47 AM #755 of 3609
Originally Posted by mortis
AH, I thought you were mixing him up with Kevin Sullivan. And true, you made a valid point about his feuds with Bret and Owen. I guess for me though, Austin REALLY didn't hit full steam until be won the belt at Mania 14. Then, it seemed that everyone always wondered what he would do next to piss off McMahon or get the belt back or whatnot. Granted, there were some excellent matches in between it like Rock VS Austin.
Actually Austin got a pretty big following before that. I want to say it was king of the Ring in 96 (97?) that he defined the Stone Cold character. When he beat Jake Roberts in the final bout (When Jake had the whole preist/preacher gimmick going or whatever it was) and he uttered the line "You thump your little bible and say your prayers. You talk about your Psalms and your John 3:16. Well Austin 3:16 says I just whupped your ass!" That was the moment that Austin started hitting big.

What I wouldn't give for it to be 10 years ago. Back when I started watching wrestling again. To see all that for the first time, and enjoy it. Instead of now, where each Raw I watch, I sit and just see how predictible everything is. :\

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 02:15 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 11:15 AM #756 of 3609
Quote:
What I wouldn't give for it to be 10 years ago. Back when I started watching wrestling again. To see all that for the first time, and enjoy it. Instead of now, where each Raw I watch, I sit and just see how predictible everything is.
The sad thing is, this is exactly how Raw was back in 1992/6 or 7. It was just not that great and predictable as hell.

I was watching WCW in 1997/early 1999 until it got extremely boring, WWE back in the attitude era though, it wasn't just Austin that everyone was interested in, as you know. Every storyline was interesting and you would always want to see what would happen. The Brood vs Hardy Boys, Dlo vs Mark Henry, Chyna vs Xpac or Billy Gunn, Steve Blackman vs Big Boss Man.

Anyway, there is really no point to this post, but I would really like to have another huge company vs company fued and it seems like it's starting to happen, I just wonder how long it will take for TNA to get the 6:00 time slot Raw has on a different channel.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Take this keycard, you can unlock the doors in the hall with this. Now GO!...JUST go!
A hero that lived long enough to see himself become the villain.
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 04:55 PM #757 of 3609
Originally Posted by Kostaki
who are SICK AND FUCKING TIRED OF JOHN CENA.
See you were doing good until you evaded the truth. Now I had to fix it for you. :biggrin:

No one cares about whiny-baby Edge ;p. And just for good measure, if he ever leaves for TNA, that show is going to suck lol.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 07:46 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 05:46 PM #758 of 3609
If you don't watch the products anymore, and you aren't clinging to any hope of anything ever improving, then I don't see where most of any of your claims have much merit. Even though you don't know many facts, I'll humor you.

The "Attitude" era of the WWF was about pushing the limits of television. Doing things that no one else had done. WCW vs. WWF did not happen in 1998-2000, WCW vs. WWF happened from 1996 to roughly the beginning of 1999. The Attitude era was the WWF's last bastion against WCW winning the ratings war for 80+ consecutive weeks. Without WCW, there would be no Attitude era. There would be no Steve Austin. He would still be the Ringmaster. There would be no The Rock. He would still be Rocky Maivia, underdog of Faarooq in the Nation of Domination.

I really don't need to spell this out again. Professional Wrestling is and always will be wrestling first, and storyline second. It's almost a complete insult to the careers of people who have built their careers from having the most memorable matches ever in countries all over the world to believe otherwise. Storylines exist only for a single purpose; to create momentum for the upcoming match. Nobody buys tickets to Wrestlemania to watch Vince McMahon run his mouth for 20-25 minutes. Nobody buys PPVs for $29-39 a piece to watch lingerie pillow fights. They buy them to skip all that and see good matches.

I don't even need to begin to tell you that storyline emphasis is the DRIVING REASON that the industry as a whole has declined hardcore over the past five years. It is, pure and simple. I like how you keep citing Steve Austin and The Rock though. You can't cite anyone presently though, can you?

lawl.
Dude, you totally don't even understand my whole point and you don't even read what I say. First of all I never said I don't hope wrestling improves, I said it don't hope it goes back to they way it was in the past. But I do know plenty of facts, more than you likely. Like how the highest rated segment in Professional Wrestling HISTORY, was not a wrestling match, it was a segment called "This is your life" with The Rock and Mankind. That's proof alone that ENTERTAINMENT draws in more people than the actual wrestling.

If you look at the ratings in the early-mid 1990's when there was hardly any storyline type entertainment, it almost purely wrestling, RAW and Nitro combined were 5.0 ratings. In '98-'00 when storyline quality and character were at a height(which is why I only brought up those years), ratings were at around 11.0, MORE THAN DOUBLE. Why is that? Hmm, let me think... wrestling matches weren't getting paticularly better, so maybe it was just a coincidence that rating increased as storylines got better... I think not. Now ratings are down since back then, now down to 3.5-4.0 ratings for Raw. Yet the actual wrestling matches are BETTER than they were back then, storylines suck though, maybe in just another coincidence. NOT. If you look at the FACTS, how can you possibly say that Pro Wrestling is more about Wresting and less about Entertainment when it comes to the ratings? You honestly sound retarded and you obviously don't understand the wrestling business if you think otherwise.

As for PPVs, 93,000 people bought tickets to watch HOGAN and ANDRE 'THE GIANT' WRESTLE at Wrestlemania 3... 'nough said.

Look, that is a whole other topic. My topic was how Kurt Angle is not going to bring in big ratings because he in not a big draw. He is a great wrestler and very entertaining in the ring and even on the mic, but he is NOT a draw. The Rock and Steve Austin were HUGE draws.(Yes, I can only bring them up because there is no huge draw currently in wrestling, which, in effect, is why rating are way, way down.) Will Kurt Angle help TNA? Yes, he adds more crediblity to TNA, but will only slightly help increase ratings. Will he alone make TNA become the dominate company? Absolutely, not. SO ENOUGH OF YOUR FOOLISHNESS!

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Enter User Name; Sep 27, 2006 at 07:50 PM.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 08:30 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 08:30 PM #759 of 3609
The highest rated segment in wrestling history was also during the attitude era then, where storyline focal point was the key. Obviously when people get behind a wrestler, certain aspects or storylines regarding that wrestler are going to be popular.

Again, your point is invalid considering you're still trying to apply the past to the present. RAW isn't doing 5.0+ nowadays now is it? The storyline in the front worked for a while, because it was a fresh concept. I'll certainly give you that. But concepts, like wrestlers and gimmicks, come and go and get tired out. Storyline in the forefront was there to push the limit in order to go desperation to regain the ratings lead. It was a one shot deal, with people who were one of a kind. That's really all there is it. Once wrestling came back to where it was, in the front, you could see WWE lacking hard again.

There's no huge draw in wrestling? Apparently you haven't heard of one Samoa Joe at all lately. No matter how many hard draws TNA has right now though, without a two hour show to showcase the draws they won't move forward. I never said Angle will make TNA dominant I'm afraid, but I did say he would benefit the business as a whole by kickstarting the competition process. Kurt Angle is a draw. Whether you want to believe it or not. He simply wasn't born in the prime of the attitude era, so you hold bias against him. Which is fine of course, because bias seems to be your game.

Call my words foolishness, tell me I don't know facts, run your little melee-mouth some more. I'll keep on humoring you.

How ya doing, buddy?
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 09:21 PM #760 of 3609
So, WWE released David Cash (Kid Kash). It's pretty obvious that he never went over despite his push around a year ago. He got to be United States Champ or Cruiserweight Champ, or something, but nobody cared, just like nobody seems to have cared about the Pitbulls.

Now I remember that Kash was a fairly solid grappler in WCW. Not legendary but his role was better fleshed out and he had enough technical skills to back it up. But I get the feeling that WWE marks are more interested in big storylines than quality wrestling (hence the divide between wrestlers and "sports entertainers"), which caused Kash to flounder in WWE. After his push failed, Kash went straight to midcard and, from what I can tell, jobbed for the entirity of 2006.

So, think he'll be heading to TNA or ROH? I liked him inasmuch as he seems to be competent without being ridiculous. I'd rather not see him disappear.

Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 09:41 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 07:41 PM #761 of 3609
LOL, Samoa Joe as big of a draw as Stone Cold Steve Austin?:biggrin: You indeed are "humoring" me, but not in the way you would like to be. You are honestly making me laugh here. I'll reply to you this last time, then I'm done with you. Let me analyze your comment bit by bit here.

The highest rated segment in wrestling history was also during the attitude era then, where storyline focal point was the key. Obviously when people get behind a wrestler, certain aspects or storylines regarding that wrestler are going to be popular.
Hmm, like I said, "This is your life" was rated higher than any match that the Rock and Sock connection had, or any match ever has had for that matter. Which again solidifies my point that the actual "entertain" aspect draws more people than the actual "wrestling" aspect.

Quote:
Again, your point is invalid considering you're still trying to apply the past to the present. RAW isn't doing 5.0+ nowadays now is it? The storyline in the front worked for a while, because it was a fresh concept. I'll certainly give you that. But concepts, like wrestlers and gimmicks, come and go and get tired out. Storyline in the forefront was there to push the limit in order to go desperation to regain the ratings lead. It was a one shot deal, with people who were one of a kind. That's really all there is it. Once wrestling came back to where it was, in the front, you could see WWE lacking hard again.
No, you're right, Raw isn't doing 5.0 anymore. Remember when I JUST SAID that ratings are "now down to 3.5-4.0 for Raw"? No, you don't because you can't seem to read very well. Forgive me for not understanding everything else of what you said, because it doesn't really make much sense. But if you are saying that storylines get boring after a while, uhh, yeah... you have no argument from be on that, nor have I ever argued that. That is reflected in the ratings. Your point is what?

Quote:
There's no huge draw in wrestling? Apparently you haven't heard of one Samoa Joe at all lately. No matter how many hard draws TNA has right now though, without a two hour show to showcase the draws they won't move forward. I never said Angle will make TNA dominant I'm afraid, but I did say he would benefit the business as a whole by kickstarting the competition process. Kurt Angle is a draw. Whether you want to believe it or not. He simply wasn't born in the prime of the attitude era, so you hold bias against him. Which is fine of course, because bias seems to be your game.
Samoa Joe? LOL. He's a pretty good wrestler, but horrible on the mic. He would have been a Jobber, or low mid-card in WCW or WWF in the Attitude era. If your comments had any merit, it would mean that once TNA gets its primetime slot, TNA will get monster rating like WWF did during the Attitude era because they have Samoa Joe and the new addition Kurt Angle. They won't. NEWSFLASH, I already said this, but I guess I have to repeat it again since you don't read, Kurt Angle was in WWE for 5 years after the attitude era rating have NEVER went UP when he was there and there are the same now as when he left a few months back meaning he made absolutely ZERO impact on the ratings....

Believe it or not, I love Kurt Angle, he's one of my top 5 wrestlers of all time, and even INCREDIBLE on the mic. I love him MUCH more than I like the The Rock or Steve Austin. BUT HE IS NOT A DRAW. I hold no bias toward him, I just tell it like it is. Okay, granted, he will draw in some rating(a little bit, like I said already), but not on the scale of The Rock or Steve Austin did, not even close. But if you would have read what I said before, all I said "it will take more than Kurt Angle" to make TNA a success, and for some stupid reason, you are like, half-arguing with me. On one had, you agree with me that he won't make TNA dominant, and you repeat my point that he will help, yet you argue with me about it, which makes absolutely no sense, my friend.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:30 PM #762 of 3609
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
So, WWE released David Cash (Kid Kash). It's pretty obvious that he never went over despite his push around a year ago. He got to be United States Champ or Cruiserweight Champ, or something, but nobody cared, just like nobody seems to have cared about the Pitbulls.

Now I remember that Kash was a fairly solid grappler in WCW. Not legendary but his role was better fleshed out and he had enough technical skills to back it up. But I get the feeling that WWE marks are more interested in big storylines than quality wrestling (hence the divide between wrestlers and "sports entertainers"), which caused Kash to flounder in WWE. After his push failed, Kash went straight to midcard and, from what I can tell, jobbed for the entirity of 2006.

So, think he'll be heading to TNA or ROH? I liked him inasmuch as he seems to be competent without being ridiculous. I'd rather not see him disappear.
While I kinda like his work, he had a very bad attitude problem. TNA gave him quite a push despite that, but he STILL went to WWE, and look what happens.

Originally Posted by Enter User Name
LOL, Samoa Joe as big of a draw as Stone Cold Steve Austin? You indeed are "humoring" me, but not in the way you would like to be. You are honestly making me laugh here. I'll reply to you this last time, then I'm done with you. Let me analyze your comment bit by bit here.
I'm not gonna take sides in this... pointless argument, but you seem to be putting words in Kostaki's mouth there. I don't remember reading him saying that Samoa Joe is as big of a draw as SCSA. He was just saying that Joe IS a draw, which I defenitly agree with. Sure, he's not a HUGE draw yet, but once the show goes primetime, and a lot more people will probably get to see him, then we'll see what the real story is. This is why I say this argument is pointless. You can't state as a fact that Kurt Angle won't draw untill the numbers come in. The only thing we can do is wait, and see. Therefore I ask you two to please stop this nonsense. At least untill 1 month or so down the line when we can see the raitings.

SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:37 PM #763 of 3609
Well I'll share my views on this whole wrestling/entertainment thing another time.

Originally Posted by dagget
Well, there was supposed to be a big announcement to shock WWE waves the first 10 minutes of Raw. The power went out (lol) and thus the announcement will probably be pushed back to next week.
LOL. Wanna bet it's another lottery draft? Okay, seriously. If they bring the nWo back...it's not gonna work. Last I checked Kevin Nash was still in TNA and he's one of the original creators of the nWo. So that leaves Scott Hall and Hulk Hogan...I really doubt Hogan would go back to the black and white now. Back in 1996, people probably didn't even think that and he did. Well, what reason does he have now?

Scott Hall...don't even know where the hell he is. I'm putting my money on the lottery draft since we're long overdue for one, but the whole Bischoff and nWo bit is pretty likely too.

Most amazing jew boots
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:53 PM #764 of 3609
Word going around is Hogan wants to regrow his nWo beard, and Scott Hall has been trying to get back into wrestling shape. While I don't know if Kevin Nash's contract is up yet, I hear TNA is bitter with him because he didn't want to job to Sabin. So after his contract expires, he most likely won't renew. Either way, if they wanna do this storyline, they had better do it fast, because Hogan is talkin about making the next Wrestlemania match his last.

Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:19 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 09:19 PM #765 of 3609
I thought Scott Hall and WWE were on bad terms...although it could give them a reason to bring XPAC back and have him turn on one of the two factions.

Why can't WWE release wrestlers AFTER Smackdown airs...ugh

Last edited by Slash; Sep 27, 2006 at 11:23 PM.
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 27, 2006, 11:35 PM Local time: Sep 27, 2006, 11:35 PM #766 of 3609
Originally Posted by Manny Biggz
Therefore I ask you two to please stop this nonsense. At least untill 1 month or so down the line when we can see the raitings.
I agree that there's no sense in continuing it considering he's just gonna pony up with Steve Austin or The Rock in every single argument like wrestling has had no bigger or greater stars than they were. I can name tons of them, but he'll just refer to those two again. So yeah, I'm done.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 12:14 AM #767 of 3609
http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=859

Man, I gotta go to TNA live one day...

EDIT: It's funny how you can hear several people chanting Goldberg. Gotta admit, they fooled me at the last second too. TNA got us good with this one!

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Manny Biggz; Sep 28, 2006 at 12:36 AM.
Winter Storm
Distant Memories

Member 2209

Level 27.54

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 04:13 PM #768 of 3609
These are only my thoughts on Angle and this draw business. Angle has great mic skills, but like with all other wrestlers, he was given lame gimmicks. When he changed his style entirely to technical/mat wrestling you could tell that aspect of his job he took more to heart. Before it was just hard illegal hits, missed moonsault after missed moonsault and bam Olympic Slame 1 2 3. Now you have hits, belly to back, suplex, reverse-a-thon, wear down submission holds, an a Olympic Slash set up for the Ankle Lock(grapevine).

Yea no draw, but his matchs have been good to watch this past year and a half. Vince is not using his "superstars" correctly(even Nitro, but atleast he is allowed to use a lot of his athlectism). Giants do not last forever, we all learned that from WCW(which killed itself, and not Vince.) but Vince's wacky booking and gimmicks will be the undoing of the WWE.

Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 04:59 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 01:59 PM #769 of 3609
Originally Posted by Manny Biggz
http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=859

Man, I gotta go to TNA live one day...

EDIT: It's funny how you can hear several people chanting Goldberg. Gotta admit, they fooled me at the last second too. TNA got us good with this one!
That was fucking crazy, it must be so amazing to be there live when something in the wrestling buisness is considered ground breaking.

Angle and his draw power, I won't add to what you guys were saying, but I think it's going to turn enough WWE fans to watch TNA to see what happens and most likely they will stick with that brand for awhile, because WWE sure isn't giving off anything interesting.

We have "DX" the biggest outcasts that were in WWE fighting uninteresting rednecks.

We have Edge against John Cena, I don't mind the fued, but many are tired of it.

we have male cheerleaders that are annoying to watch. Beyond that we have Umaga who no one seems to care about.

TNA is doing a great job lately, with Chris Jericho not in WWE I wouldn't be surprised if they scooped him into their roster at some point or another. If that were ever to happen, I don't think WWE could even compete for awhile with TNA's wrestling/entertainment.

Most amazing jew boots

Take this keycard, you can unlock the doors in the hall with this. Now GO!...JUST go!
A hero that lived long enough to see himself become the villain.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 05:27 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 03:27 PM #770 of 3609
Lets just hope TNA utilizes Angle effectively and not slap the belt on him within one month, hold the title, lose it in a gauntlet match then be forced into a fued with lets say..the dudleyz

Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 05:58 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 03:58 PM #771 of 3609
The problem with TNA is Jeff Jarrett practically runs things, much like Triple H does for WWE. But while Triple H was kinda sorta willing to take a back seat in a way, Jarrett never has since TNA started. Kurt Angle has only been successful in WWE as a heel, and was a great heel, one of the best, but as a face, he is terrible. Since Jarrett will only ever be a heel, and he has to be the TOP heel, they will likely being Angle in as a face(which he sucks at), like they did with Christian(who's even worse at being face), and it will probably end up being boring.

Hopefully I am wrong though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Darsh
blargh

Member 1375

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 07:05 PM #772 of 3609
heres a thought, lets say blu-ray does pretty good in the market, cause those things hold at least 40 gigs (I think), will there ever be a possibility that wwe releases the entire raw episodes onto a blyray disc collection?
They did a wrestlemania box set containing like 20 dvds, so its actually plausible could release another huge collection,or at least in volumes.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 28, 2006, 07:08 PM Local time: Sep 28, 2006, 07:08 PM #773 of 3609
Samoa Joe should end up with the belt soon enough, since people are going crazy over this "I have your belt LOL come get it" scenario being played out right now.

Triple H becoming a father is what stopped him from holding onto the title. He was pretty much forced into a backseat role because with the title, he wouldn't be able to take any time off to do stuff with his kid.

Angle has little choice but to come in as a heel, likely using the arrogant "I'm an Olympic Champion at wrestling, who the hell are you again?" role he has in the past. He'll have to in order to have any of the big time matches with Styles or Joe who really could never turn heel if they wanted to.

Manny Biggz
HELL YEAH

Member 2988

Level 25.67

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:13 AM #774 of 3609
Originally Posted by Enter User Name
The problem with TNA is Jeff Jarrett practically runs things, much like Triple H does for WWE. But while Triple H was kinda sorta willing to take a back seat in a way, Jarrett never has since TNA started. Kurt Angle has only been successful in WWE as a heel, and was a great heel, one of the best, but as a face, he is terrible. Since Jarrett will only ever be a heel, and he has to be the TOP heel, they will likely being Angle in as a face(which he sucks at), like they did with Christian(who's even worse at being face), and it will probably end up being boring.

Hopefully I am wrong though.
I think I mentioned this before, but i'll say it again. Word of mouth says that Jarrett plans on taking a back seat, and will most likely be taking a break from TNA for a while. His wife is having a SECOND battle with breast cancer... Even when he comes back, the say he doens't really wanna be on top now that TNA has more established main event guys. We can only hope...

Also my prayers go out to Jarrett, and his wife...

Most amazing jew boots
Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2006, 01:45 AM Local time: Sep 29, 2006, 01:45 AM #775 of 3609
I can confirm this, because it would then make complete sense of why they are running the storyline of Joe taking the belt; to gauge how well people respond to him with the belt.

Though I didn't know his wife has breast cancer again. Man, that sucks.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] WWE/TNA fanfiction thread