Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

This is totally lame...

Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 09:57 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 07:57 PM #1 of 36
This is totally lame...

Okay here's my situation: I want to get to know this girl in one of my classes because I'm insanely attracted to her. But I've never even talked to her, as I've never really had the chance to. I want to ask her if she'll have coffee with me sometime - maybe I'll get the chance after class, or something. Thing is, the prospect of asking someone I've never talked to seems kind of weird to me. I don't want to fuck up my first contact with her.

God, I hate contemplating so much. I wish I could just do it, but I can't!

Most amazing jew boots
T0X1Qu3
Love Me ~ Kiss Me

Member 2252

Level 6.19

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:05 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 05:05 PM #2 of 36
You should try to talk to her before you ask her out. Go up to her and just start a friendly conversation... don't just go to her and ask her out.

Just get confortable enough to do so... it'll all work out.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
" Your Absence has gone through me
Like thread through a needle
Everything I do is stiched with its color"
~W.S. Merwin
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:07 PM #3 of 36
Very Simple, don't think too hard and just casually have her friend introduce you. Or swallow your pride and just talk to her out of the blue...perhaps you might have something in common then the conversation goes off from there. Oh yeah, since it seems apparent that you have an attraction, don't be nervous....girls (in my knowledge) do not like seeing a nervous noob come up to her and ask for a drink of coffee.
After this...there is only 2 ways...it can either go up or down. Your mood increases due to acceptance or horrible destruction and depression. Take your pick, this is always interesting.

How ya doing, buddy?
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:31 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 08:31 PM #4 of 36
Earghlaawerhh. I guess I'll just forget about it, since I never have a chance to talk with her, anyway.

And, Valiant, you're very wrong in your assertion that girls don't like to be approached by guys who are a bit nervous (I know some don't, but those are bitches). They'd rather be approached in a nervous way than an overly cocky way. They see it as flattery.

Most amazing jew boots
Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:38 PM #5 of 36
Start talking to her about the class. That'll get her to open up. Then ask her.

Most amazing jew boots
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 10, 2006, 10:49 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 08:49 PM #6 of 36
Thanks. Maybe I'll try that. Sometimes I just feel like a socially inept fucktard from another planet! Don't you could send messages through thought? Man, that would be awesome ... :lolsign:

Someday I will find a girl who likes me enough to have a relationship with me ... someday ...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:16 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 11:16 PM #7 of 36
Originally Posted by Smoodle
And, Valiant, you're very wrong in your assertion that girls don't like to be approached by guys who are a bit nervous (I know some don't, but those are bitches). They'd rather be approached in a nervous way than an overly cocky way. They see it as flattery.
That sure is a really self-serving theory you've got there guy. You seem to forget that there's a really nice middle ground between overly cocky and nervous. If you approach the girl nervously, you're going to spazz out and give a bad first impression, which you don't want. Either develop some self confidence or learn to fake it.

And I know that you have very little self confidence after reading your next post in the thread:
Quote:
Thanks. Maybe I'll try that. Sometimes I just feel like a socially inept fucktard from another planet! Don't you could send messages through thought? Man, that would be awesome ...

Someday I will find a girl who likes me enough to have a relationship with me ... someday ...
Sure, you could go up to this girl and nervously try to express a coherent thought, but it would probably not go over very well. It would be a better idea to take a good, hard look at yourself, discover the good qualities that you possess {and I'm sure you've got plenty of good things going for you, it's just a matter of identifying them and emphasizing them}, and then present yourself to her in a friendly manner. Simple as that. See if there's any sort of spark or chemistry and if so, go from there.

FELIPE NO
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:43 AM #8 of 36
Hahah russ pretty much nailed it. There are two extremes, one being nervous and other being cocky. The happy medium would be more ideal. Of course, it doesnt hurt to at least approach her and give her a slight nudge...the most important part is striking a converstation then you got something going. Also confidence is the key, if you believe you can do it...you have a higher chance.

Most amazing jew boots
Godai
the best damn thing

Member 811

Level 20.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:48 AM #9 of 36
Getting to know someone in a class atmosphere is fairly ideal, but some observations should be made. Like, is she always with a group of friends, or is she the loner type? Knowing something like this is a good springboard for your approach. Acting all nervous and shy with someone who is outgoing and around people, probably won't work most of the time.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 01:35 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 01:35 AM #10 of 36
Just sit beside her during an exam or something and just mention about the test or something. That's how I know some of the girls I do. I remember in Stats class once. My friend is like, "You should go talk to her." I was pretty nervous, but one time we sat by her and I asked for an eraser, and things just went from there.

Rydia
ambitious

Member 22

Level 30.86

Feb 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 01:58 AM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 10:58 PM #11 of 36
I suggest finding a way to start small talk with her. By doing so, at least she'll be somewhat familiar with you. Then maybe after a few days/weeks, you can bring up coffee.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 02:02 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 12:02 AM #12 of 36
Originally Posted by russ
That sure is a really self-serving theory you've got there guy. You seem to forget that there's a really nice middle ground between overly cocky and nervous. If you approach the girl nervously, you're going to spazz out and give a bad first impression, which you don't want. Either develop some self confidence or learn to fake it.
Self-serving? WTF? No. And if a woman can't handle the fact that some guys are going to be a bit nervous at first, they're bitches. Simple.

(Bit nervous does not equal spazz out).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Smoodle; Mar 11, 2006 at 02:05 AM.
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 02:03 AM #13 of 36
Women do expect some guys to be nervous...that's why they blow them off.

Most amazing jew boots

russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 02:23 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 01:23 AM #14 of 36
Self-serving? WTF? No. And if a woman can't handle the fact that some guys are going to be a bit nervous at first, they're bitches. Simple.
Look, I don't mean to come off as being mean or a jerk here, but let us examine the facts and interpret them fairly and logically.

Fact: You think that you are socially inept.
Interpretation: This causes you to become nervous around people who you do not know very well.

Fact: You hope to someday find a girl who will want to pursue a relationship with you.
Interpretation: Based on the usage of "someday", you have never dated before.

Fact: You think that a girl who looks down on someone who approaches them nervously is a bitch.
Interpretation: You've been rejected before and rather than considering that you were rejected by any fault of your own, you believe that it was simply because the person who you approached has negative personality traits. Now, I don't want you to read that and interpret it as me trying to insult you, because I'm not. Maybe you were rejected because the girl was a bitch. Or maybe it was because she was not receptive towards your nervous approach method. Or maybe it was because she simply was not attracted to you, for whatever reason. It could be any number of reasons, but the point is that you are linking a single cause {nervous approach} with the effect of being rejected and you are theorizing that any girl who would reject a guy who approaches her nervously is a bitch.

Seriously, I am not trying to be a jerk here, that is not my intention at all. I just want you to see that you have room for improvement in your attitude on this. Simply painting girls who aren't receptive towards nervous guys as bitches is not healthy and it will lead to you labeling every girl who rejects you as a bitch, which is simply not the case.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 02:57 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 12:57 AM #15 of 36
Nope. That's not what I'm doing. I'm simply stating: if a woman sees that a man is kind of nervous when approaching her for the first time, she's pretty damn shallow if she rejects him on that fact alone. You gotta' admit, that's a bitchy thing to do. And your interpretations are wrong. I've never been rejected because of nervous behavior.

FELIPE NO
Godai
the best damn thing

Member 811

Level 20.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 03:11 AM #16 of 36
You might have just touched on the HUMAN weakness to not see beyond what lies on the outside. It's not something that only females project. If someone is not interested in something, it shows.

If you don't have a quality or anything that someone finds interesting, and you are a stranger to that person, what motivation do they have to give you the time of day, other than maybe a few minutes to humor you and keep their polite integrity?

It's a pretty sweeping statement, to call any girl (or guy) who balks at any nervous approach, a bitch (or bastard). You have to keep in mind that it's probably only you that has this mindset when walking up to and trying to start a conversation with someone you're attracted to. They are taking you at face value, and not thinking, "Oh, this person must like me, I should try and stay interested".

Most amazing jew boots
russ

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 03:20 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 02:20 AM #17 of 36
You're backpedaling, but that's ok, I will play along.

If you approach someone with nervousness, instead of confidence, you are telling them more than just that you are nervous. You're telling them that you are unsure of yourself, that you do not have a lot of self confidence. Lack of self confidence is a turn-off for a lot of people {source}, there is nothing shallow about this, as it is a personality trait that affects a person's behavior and reactions to many situations.

Like I suggested before, you need some self confidence. Maybe right now you should learn how to fake it, so that you can approach women and seem confident, and maybe enjoy some success in the relationship area, which would help you build some confidence and you wouldn't have to fake it anymore. Then everyone is happy.

Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 03:31 AM Local time: Mar 11, 2006, 01:31 AM #18 of 36
Well, I still very much disagree, but I'll just keep it at that.

Lady Miyomi
Holy Chocobo

Member 796

Level 33.08

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 12:18 PM #19 of 36
Originally Posted by The Wise Vivi
Just sit beside her during an exam or something and just mention about the test or something. That's how I know some of the girls I do. I remember in Stats class once. My friend is like, "You should go talk to her." I was pretty nervous, but one time we sat by her and I asked for an eraser, and things just went from there.
The small things always work. Guys have done it to me. I've seen it done to other girls. It works. Trust me on this.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Plarom

I'm too busy being delicious.

Member 216

Level 27.89

Mar 2006

Old Mar 11, 2006, 01:11 PM #20 of 36
Well, I still very much disagree, but I'll just keep it at that.
What exactly do you disagree with? Russ seems to be making some very novel comments here..

Originally Posted by Lady Miyomi
The small things always work. Guys have done it to me. I've seen it done to other girls. It works. Trust me on this.
Definitely! I believe the little things are your only way to get ahead with a girl of interest. For example, just a few days ago in my Philosophy class I was sitting between two girls I had never met before. I was making comments about our professor, who sounded and looked like she was taking shots of Vodka while lecturing to us. The girls around me found it a bit humourous, which naturally opened the door for more conversation.

At the end of the class I was just hanging around outside, chillin, when one both of these girls approached me and started talking about how they found the class difficult, and how it seemed I had no trouble at all with it. By the end of the conversation another girl approached us, all of us exchanged phone numbers, and then set up a date where we would all meet up and study!

My point is this - I'm getting together with a bunch of girls to study, whom I've never met before, merely by acting the the exact same way I normally do.

Did I have to lay on a fake layer of self-confidence? No!
Did I accomplish this by stepping out of my comfort zone? Not at all!
Does this give me the chance to mingle with a new assortment of ladies? Absolutely!

The situation is different than yours, but as Miyomi said, it's the little stuff that adds up!

How ya doing, buddy?

Observant Provisions | [adult swim]
"Dude, this is gonna.. Man, this is gonna wicked, like, really hurt."
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 08:40 PM #21 of 36
Earghlaawerhh. I guess I'll just forget about it, since I never have a chance to talk with her, anyway.

No, Valiant is right for the most part. Girls like confidence to see a guy stumbling over just saying "hi" is like saying "I'm not the alpha male, i'm not even the omega male". Girls like a guy that can be cocky but not "i'm a flaming asshole cocky".

You have to have confidence and I can already tell you don't when you give up on yourself even before you start. My friend told me this resently because I keep forgetting it over and over.. GROW SOME BALLS. I'm saying this in the nicest way. B/c if you keep thinking that You can't have something then you won't. A little bit of doubt of normal but to shot yourself down so she won't do it to you later.. come on.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:20 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 07:20 PM #22 of 36
Yeah, I know I need to grow some balls. But I still disagree that a nervous initiation should be the be-all and end-all of a woman's perception of a guy. I mean, she can reject him later on if he isn't her cup of tea confidence-wise, but to reject a guy based soley on the fact that he seems nervous at first is totally and completey 100% bitchy. I stand by that point.

How ya doing, buddy?
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 09:31 PM #23 of 36
Trust me, i have had a shitload of g/f and such and tons of failed encounters with women. The whole shy thing, to some it seems cute but others... They want a guy they can rely on and being shy is a sign of weakness thus showing that they can't rely on you.

FELIPE NO
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:22 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 08:22 PM #24 of 36
You can be shy and still be reliable. Not all shy people are flakey.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:39 PM #25 of 36
Ahh but first impressions are VERY important. You don't want to come off as some guy without a backbone.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > This is totally lame...