Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Hand shaking

RABicle
TEHLINK

Member 1049

Level 33.00

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:46 PM Local time: Nov 16, 2006, 01:46 AM #26 of 30
So what has sort of developed in the Milineum Generation (I just made up this age group see?) in the South West of Australia is this sorta, I dont know what you would call it but it's not a handshake.

It's like, the girl you extend her hand palm down, and you take her hand. It looks like an invitation to dance. But you don't. Instead you give each other a gentle squeeze and release.

That would be the most common one. I've had girls who immediatly hug or even kiss me on the cheek upon introduction.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:59 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2006, 11:59 AM #27 of 30
I generally just don't shake hands except with men who want a handshake. However if I'm, say, standing in line with the rest of the cast after I've just performed in a show, and the audience is shaking our hands, I'll let the woman decide how she wants the handshake to go, and roll with it. Usually in those situations, it's less of a handshake and more of a half-handshake or a finger-clasp... your palm isn't involved, you just fold your fingers over her fingers. Kind of like you would if you were taking her hand to help her down from a ledge or out of a carriage or whatever, just at a different angle. That's not what I personally like myself, but it happens about 80% of the time - the woman just won't let me grab her actual HAND.

But then I've had some women grab my hand and shake it and I just go "Hm, 'kay, firm handshake right back at ya."

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Ayos; Nov 15, 2006 at 03:10 PM.
kiyo-chan
giggling ninja schoolgirl

Member 15083

Level 5.59

Nov 2006

Old Nov 15, 2006, 01:41 PM #28 of 30
I guess it all depends on the girl's personality.

Personally, guys who have a firm handshakes make impressions on me (good or bad not necessarily determined then). Not entirely sure why, but I suspect that firm handshakes are possible indications of confidence and trustworthiness? There's a bit of straightforwardness to a firm handshake. I figure, just keep your knuckles stiff. Limp or loose handshakes are really disturbing to touch. It feels like the person's hand is going to fall off or apart.... To me, if a person shakes my hand by grasping the fingers only (no palm), then I get the impression that they missed. But that's just me hehe ^_^

How ya doing, buddy?
Zio
I'm so cool, I got my own castle.

Member 456

Level 19.69

Mar 2006

Old Nov 15, 2006, 09:31 PM Local time: Nov 15, 2006, 09:31 PM #29 of 30
Recently though it seems most of the time, hand shaking with females is you lightly grab onto thier fingers and pump the hand once... I guess it as well depends on your background too.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Originally Posted by Zio
Heh, heh, heh. Now, now. That's the expression I want to see! A face filled with pain and anguish, begging fearfully for help, a face quivering with anger! Go, on! Get angry! Suffer! Be sad! That would truly be the ultimate offering to me and my great god!
Such a Lust for Revenge!
Where's Kostaki!?

Member 9287

Level 40.98

Jul 2006

Old Nov 18, 2006, 11:11 PM Local time: Nov 18, 2006, 10:11 PM #30 of 30
Well, when I shake a dude's hand I'll shake it only as hard as he does. I'm not out to prove anything but don't want to appear weaker either. Now, as for women, I do something I'm not really sure where I picked up at... I extend all my fingers but keep my pinkie and ring finger folded against my palm. Fuck fi I know why. I always give women a weak handshake.

Here in Guatemala men and women don't shake hands though. They do a hug/simultaneous kiss on the cheek combo. Because I'm not used to that approach I usually wait for the girl to do the first act upon introduction, whether reach out to hug me or shake my hand, whatever. Sometimes I'll shake hands with them the first time then respect their custom after that.

Gechmir, that was a hell of a weightlifter stereotype you threw out there. Only posers have physiques like that, though. And sometimes I wonder what girls think about guys wilth calused hands? Mine are pretty trashed in the high palm area. Gloves are for fags.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Hand shaking