Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Drunk drivers suck

Forsety
Now with 50% less Fors

Member 812

Level 22.90

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 10:53 PM #1 of 23
Drunk drivers suck

... so please pray for the safety of my friend.

I don't, well, usually make threads like these but someone very close to me has gotten in a very bad car accident and she's hovering between life and death right now. (smashed by a drunk driver as the topic title implies...) It's tearing me up inside because I love her very, very much but I'm not allowed to see her because I'm not immediate family and she's still in critical condition.

I dunno, maybe this belongs in the angst forum... If it does go ahead and move it and I'm sorry, but I just had to say something because at this moment there is nothing else I can do but voice my concerns and pray that she is okay. You can discuss if it's ever happened to you and how things turned out if you want. I wouldn't mind some positive stories about how someone has had this happen and the person turned out to be completely okay. =/

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Dalkaen
hi i want to creat a 21 songs

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:28 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 11:28 PM #2 of 23
This is a big part of why I quite disapprove of alcohol. I really hope your friend is okay. That's all I can say. Thankfully, I haven't had anything like this happen to anyone I know.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
valiant
FRIEND

Member 836

Level 18.98

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:33 PM #3 of 23
Hmm it is always the irony that the drunk driver usually doesn't die over the one they injured due to the fact that the drunken driver's body is usually null when this occurs.
Hope your friend is well.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Rakka
Forgiveness

Member 10978

Level 9.10

Aug 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:58 PM Local time: Sep 9, 2006, 11:58 PM #4 of 23
Oh, my...it isn't much, I know, but I hope from the bottom of my heart that your friend pulls through this.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

all the cool people are doing it...rakka's last.fm page
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 02:36 AM Local time: Sep 10, 2006, 02:36 AM #5 of 23
Sorry to hear. I hope that your friend can make it through. I have never been affected by something like this, and its unfortunate that people have to. Drunk driving affects everyone in the end....

I was speaking idiomatically.
Miles
ゴハンダニャー~(=^・ω・^)ヘ >゚)))彡

Member 2

Level 34.77

Feb 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 03:33 AM Local time: Sep 10, 2006, 01:33 AM #6 of 23
What a terrible thing to happen. I'm very sorry to hear about this and I really really hope that she makes it through this ok. If you wanna talk to someone about it my ears are all open.

Most amazing jew boots
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:42 AM #7 of 23
Originally Posted by Dalkaen
This is a big part of why I quite disapprove of alcohol.
Stuff your stupid, silly attitude in a sack, jerk. Disapproving of alcohol because of a couple of assholes is like hating all black people because someone stole your car stereo. Get over your shitty morality.

That aside, this is really bad. I've had a scare or three like this and it never gets easy. I hope your friend is okay.

FELIPE NO
Dalkaen
hi i want to creat a 21 songs

Member 829

Level 16.35

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 07:13 PM Local time: Sep 10, 2006, 07:13 PM #8 of 23
Originally Posted by LeHah
Stuff your stupid, silly attitude in a sack, jerk. Disapproving of alcohol because of a couple of assholes is like hating all black people because someone stole your car stereo. Get over your shitty morality.
I'd like to inquire how this isn't trolling.

But regardless, I have the right to disapprove of alcohol if I want. In my point of view, alcohol is utterly useless and causes far more harm than good.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Wojo
River Chocobo

Member 59

Level 23.87

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 07:36 PM #9 of 23
I really don't see how a drink of any kind can be "utterly useless."

Anyway Forsety I wish the best of your friend. I would really hate to see someone in circumstances like hers.

*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 07:52 PM #10 of 23
Originally Posted by LeHah
How can you even compare the two with a straight face?

Sorry about your friend Forsety. I hope only the best for you and your friend out of this situation.

Crowdmaker
I should be working

Member 950

Level 19.93

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 11:09 PM #11 of 23
I echo everyone's sentiments here - I really do hope your friend makes it through this and doesn't have to die just because some idiot got irresponsible. Can't say I agree with Dalkaen, and LeHah's logic is spot on - alcohol is your friend if you respect it and consider its effects before inviting him home into your bloodstream. A little bit of alcohol goes well with a good meal and/or good friends. But knowing what alcohol does beforehand, getting smashed and hoping into a car to drive? That's just irresponsible, and it's no one's fault other than the driver, not even the alcohol's.

Not drunk driving related, but my brother and sister got into a bad accident when we were much younger. A pickup truck rammed the school van (which I luckily wasn't in), sending it flipping over and spinning around on it's back a bunch of times. My brother got flung out of the bus and had the flesh over his radius/ulna forearm-bone pair shaved off by a chunk of window glass. Luckly it wasn't the suicide side, so while he lost a shitload of blood, he made it through with a big ol' mass of not unattractive scar-tissue on top of his right arm and a conversation piece as keepsakes. Not sure if this was the story you were looking for, but I hope it helps, and once again, I'm here really hoping your friend makes it through this ordeal.

Unas
Syklis Green

Member 11611

Level 8.84

Aug 2006

Old Sep 11, 2006, 03:12 AM Local time: Sep 11, 2006, 09:12 AM #12 of 23
I'm terribly sorry to hear this, drunk drivers are a cancer on the human race, and are too stupid to care.

I sincerely hope your friend pulls through, she's in my prayers.

Nikodr
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1151

Level 21.32

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2006, 09:58 AM Local time: Sep 26, 2006, 04:58 PM #13 of 23
I think that death penalty should be used for those who drive and had drunk alcohol.Enough people have died because some people went to drink an extra glass;Death should be it,we should not just put them in jail or so.

There could excuse for many things,but there is no excuse for going and drinking and then driving.I know we all live in developed societies and countries,but lets just be more tough for those that drink.Ok lets not kill them,but rather do something like,never allow them to drive a car again,put them in jail for many years etc........

Best regards

Aya
Merde!!

Member 252

Level 7.53

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2006, 10:29 AM Local time: Sep 26, 2006, 04:29 PM #14 of 23
ever heard of alcohole-lock for cars?

then again, those are easy to go around.

Death penalty are a bit much for drunk drivers. I'd be fine if they would suffer for the rest of their lives, knowing what they did.. oh and pay money to the family or the one suffered the damages for the rest of their lives.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I poked it and it made a sad sound
Struttin'

Member 24

Level 51.86

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2006, 01:27 PM #15 of 23
I agree with LeHah, though. Just because some people (IN THE MINORITY) abuse alcohol and put other peoples' lives at risk doesn't mean you should swear off alcohol all together. Thats the complete OPPOSITE END of the spectrum, and it makes you no better than an alcoholic.

If you can enjoy alcoholic beverages like an adult, you should. If you have no sense of self-control and are excessive about drinking, you maybe should consider staying away from the motherfucking booze.

Incidentally, there's an actual reason drunks rarely get hurt in accidents. A sober person tenses up and causes injury to themselves. A drunkard remains loose and rolls with the punches in the car.

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend though, Forsety. I hope she can pull through and I hope her family can give her strength through love.

FELIPE NO
gidget
Shorter than girls should be.

Member 8290

Level 18.41

Jun 2006

Old Sep 26, 2006, 03:45 PM Local time: Sep 26, 2006, 12:45 PM #16 of 23
Originally Posted by Sassafrass
I agree with LeHah, though. Just because some people (IN THE MINORITY) abuse alcohol and put other peoples' lives at risk doesn't mean you should swear off alcohol all together. Thats the complete OPPOSITE END of the spectrum, and it makes you no better than an alcoholic.
How does swearing off alcohol all together make you just as bad as an alcoholic?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2006, 04:06 PM #17 of 23
Because only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2006, 04:42 PM Local time: Sep 26, 2006, 02:42 PM #18 of 23
Originally Posted by christinajon
How does swearing off alcohol all together make you just as bad as an alcoholic?
I don't think she's implying that anyone who swears off alcohol is just as bad. It's that the logicality that once someone swears off alcohol it puts them on some moral high ground to group those of us who enjoy a good buzz now and again into a conclave of murderers and rapists who use "that devil juice" as an excuse to irresponsible behavior. Like she said, if you can't responsibly handle the booze you're better off staying away from it. I'm also not going to razz people who choose to stay away from the sauce either. That's a choice and I have to respect that.

Anyway Forsety, I hope your friend pulls through OK. Let's hope whoever caused this is currently atoning for his crime.

Bernard Black
I don't mean this in a bad way, but genetically you are a cul-de-sac

Member 518

Level 32.84

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2006, 05:34 PM Local time: Sep 26, 2006, 10:34 PM #19 of 23
I'm really sorry to hear about it Forsety; although I've never known anyone involved in a drink-driving accident, my brother has crashed plenty and when it's been bad he's always made it through. I hope your friend recovers okay, I'm sure with all the support she will.

Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2006, 02:12 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2006, 03:42 PM #20 of 23
gosh! I am so sorry to hear about this! I am totaly against drunk drivers, I think that penalties are not harsh enough! when someone is stupid enough to go drinking and then drive are not fit to have a licence.

Burp
Saving the world... but NOT for free

Member 10186

Level 12.97

Jul 2006

Old Oct 5, 2006, 12:59 AM Local time: Oct 5, 2006, 02:59 AM #21 of 23
Just add me to another guy who dislikes drunk drivers... i mean, this is not about penalties, this is just about to love your life and dont ever try to do something like that. Hope that your friend will be fine soon.

Gamercafe.cl: Your source for game news in Spanish.
zergkiller
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 14915

Level 3.31

Nov 2006

Old Nov 4, 2006, 06:51 AM #22 of 23
LeHah sounds like you were having a bad day.

You have to admit alcohol has its pros and cons as poor forsety's friend experienced.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 5, 2006, 02:57 PM Local time: Nov 5, 2006, 01:57 PM #23 of 23
I don't really think Forsety's friend experienced anything except for the CONS of alcohol... as for the pros, well, everyone knows that the pros and cons of alcohol are mostly interchangeable. On one hand, it rids you of your inhibitions and makes things more enjoyable. On the other hand, it... rids you of your inhibitions, which makes it easy to get in trouble. Things like that.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > Drunk drivers suck