Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

too cocky, now i need help

Sapphire852
Carob Nut

Member 3469

Level 6.05

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:06 PM Local time: Nov 17, 2006, 01:06 PM #1 of 8
too cocky, now i need help

ok, here's the situation, there's this girl, and i used to really like her, but things didnt work out, so we became really good friends, and it's been like that for the past 2 years...

anyways, just a few days ago, i starting talking to her on msn, and then she suddenly exploded on me, here's what she said, (and btw, it's on msn, but it's a fact that it's definitely her, and she was definitely serious)

"everything is perfectly fine with me.. but something is wrong with u"
"ure still the dam show off that u wereee"
"u think its ok to show off and everything in front of mee... but im juss tryin to stand u"
"and now im telling u"
" cant stand u anymore"

well, those words really got to me, and i was shocked when she told me, cuz i thought we we've been really good friends.

so i sent her an email, i told her everything, including how i used to like her. and of course i apologized too.

so then she sent an email back, and apologized to me about what she said, and she said all that because she just found out something about another close friend, and that she says that she stills wants to keep in touch me...

which brings me to where i am now...

i have no idea what to you, just that if i just be myself and talk to her, i'm worried that i'll come off cocky again and piss her off, but if i have to constantly think about what i say to her then i'm not really being myself.

btw, i honestly have no idea that i come off "cocky" in front of anyone

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:25 PM Local time: Nov 17, 2006, 11:25 AM #2 of 8
Dude, screw that broad. Being cocky is fun, and most chicks take it as you're being confident anyway. Just keep being yourself. There's no need to change up for somebody.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Slash
EXPLOSION!!

Member 647

Level 33.65

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 12:48 PM Local time: Nov 17, 2006, 10:48 AM #3 of 8
I'm going to agree and disagree with Gelf.

There is a serious fine line between cocky and confident. Considering you and this other girl were really good friends you should sit down and seriously think about what she said. Girls like confidence, this is true but being cocky can often times turn them off.

Its kinda like the whole "If you can do anything, I can do it better" thing. Hell, even if you know you can do it better its sometimes good to just take the low road and not do it at all.

Most amazing jew boots
Balcony Heckler
The Comedy Art of Insult

Member 13861

Level 15.34

Oct 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:07 PM Local time: Nov 17, 2006, 03:37 PM #4 of 8
I agree. there's a time to be cocky, but there's a time to be serious. I should know, cause around here where I live, I am one of the cockiest SOB's around, but I also have my serious side too, and most times, I'm cocky just to be an ass sometimes, but my friends and family know it's all in fun, and I can be very serious too, it really goes back to the whole Honesty being the best policy, and if you were doing this to impress her, then tell her how you feel, put all the machness behind you, and express how you feel, and she'll understand. but if it doesn't, recoup your losses and still be her friend, regardless. don't lose it all because you lost one thing

and besides, one lesson in my life that led me to 8 years of bf and gf and then marriage was "no guts, no glory"

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

You know what? you just might be full enough of shit to apply for congress
Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:13 PM #5 of 8
I suppose she was just having a bad day ("found out something about another close friend"), so normally she can cope with the fact that you are slightly cocky, but on this particular day she would just have to let you know. That's all in my opinion.

How ya doing, buddy?
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 01:25 PM Local time: Nov 17, 2006, 12:25 PM #6 of 8
If your cockiness is a result of some insecurity (and she might be trying to point that out) then it's not cool. But if she can't just roll with it when you're being funny about stuff, then she's got the problem, not you.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Ayos
Veritas

Member 12774

Level 31.07

Sep 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 03:18 PM Local time: Nov 17, 2006, 02:18 PM #7 of 8
I had a girl tell me this once. She went on a rant about it, saying how she thought I was totally insecure and that's why I was being cocky, and she said it was annoying and she couldn't even stand me, blah blah blah. I didn't respond by defending myself in any way, cause there was nothing to defend - it was her just blowing it way out of proportion. After a few days, she came and apologized to me, and I made her admit that being cocky (not arrogant, COCKY... Han Solo is cocky, James Bond is cocky - old women who wear gaudy jewelry and walk around saying "Well I NEVER!" are arrogant) was actually attractive. Then she made out with me.

Your case doesn't seem too much different from mine, except the making out, and the fact that you apologized, which I have a rule of not doing unless I say something that truly HURTS someone, or was just completely and totally inexcusable. Just continue to be yourself. Don't be paranoid and don't "watch yourself" but be conscious of when you are "showing off" and tone it down a little if it's over the top. Chances are, you won't have to.

FELIPE NO
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Nov 17, 2006, 04:35 PM Local time: Nov 17, 2006, 04:35 PM #8 of 8
I have been close to someone for years and I fell in love with her... but she didn't return it and things have been a little rough since then. I still haven't been able to get over her so I have decided not to talk to her or see her again for a few months. Maybe this doesn't apply to you completely, but sometimes you have to let go of certain friendships and relationships in order to avoid such problems. Good luck.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > too cocky, now i need help