Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

My Cowboy Lizard ceramic statue

Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Sep 11, 2006, 07:39 PM Local time: Sep 11, 2006, 05:39 PM #1 of 3
My Cowboy Lizard ceramic statue

I finally got back my Cowboy Lizard statue from my ceramics class. I made this during the last week of my ceramics class. I wasn't even going to keep it, but I already spent two days making it so I decided to finish it. The only thing I liked about it was the statue. The pose is pretty cool. The thing I hate about it is that the green overglaze turned out really shitty. I apparently didn't get enough of the green glaze on it so that's why the paint seems a bit shoddy. There were supposed to be bullets painted onto the bandolier, but they didn't turn out that great. The hat's color turned out nice but I think I may have accidentally used a darker brown for the vest.

Comparison between the concept art and the figure.

A close look at the eyes.

Side view of Cowboy Lizard.

Size comparison between statue and the metal figurine that I made in High School.

Size comparison between the LC statue, Cowboy Lizard statue, and the Cowboy Lizard metal figurine.

Cowboy Lizard is one of the main characters for Lizard Squad(c), a game that I want to make that's supposed to be like Metal Slug, except cel-shaded and with cartoon Lizard violence. I'd like to think of it as my personal homage to Metal Slug, which was what inspired me to pursue a career in game design and also inspiring me to draw these little bastards in the first place.

I made another Cowboy Lizard statue out of sculpey, but it fell while I was baking it and the feet were fucked up. I tried to fix it using chopsticks, but the foot broke off. It won't be able to stand up anymore... I'll probably try and make another one later.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 11:55 AM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 04:55 PM #2 of 3
You should try one of those air-drying polymer clays. They're a little bit grainy but can give you good results. And any model that may turn out to be heavy should have a wire skeleton made for it before you begin.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lizardcommando
WHAT?!

Member 1286

Level 18.96

Mar 2006

Old Sep 12, 2006, 01:09 PM Local time: Sep 12, 2006, 11:09 AM #3 of 3
Cool. Thanks for the advice. I'll (hopefully) remember to do that for the next Sculpey project that I may start on.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Creators' Cafe > My Cowboy Lizard ceramic statue