Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2014: TOP 10 RESULTS TIME

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2015, 03:52 PM Local time: Jan 24, 2015, 08:52 PM 15 #1 of 18
The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2014: TOP 10 RESULTS TIME

Once again let me start by saying a big thank you to everyone who took part this year; we had a solid 25 participants laying down votes across 58 different games. So with the numbers crunched and the votes tallied, let's take a look at where the games from the year of hype shake out in the view of Gamingforce. As has been true for the last few years we’ll take a look at the top 10 games as picked by Gamingforce (yet again it's a top 11, as 10th place was a tie) working from 10 down to the GFF number 1 pick for 2014.

So, what made it into the Gamingforce Game of the Year Top 10, well let's start with that tied number 10 shall we:

YouTube Video

10-. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
[ Multi | Platinum Games ]

As we said last year, when Revengeance reached the number 2 spot: “IN THE END IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY”.

In the first few days of 2014 Platinum unleashed it's "Best Cutting Dudes in HALF" simulator onto PC and allowing a new wave of people to enjoy zandatsu in 1080p/60fps glory. Boo even braved a console controller to enjoy the slicing action: "Manhogans and nanomachines were had and everything was good times."

The game is relentless over the top character action: "Every time I finished some ludicrous boss fight with enormous set pieces, questionable interpretation of the laws of physics, and side-splittingly corny dialogue I swore that they would never be able to top it. And then, one chapter later, they would."

Nanomachines son, they can't be stopped.

---------------------------

YouTube Video

10-. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
[ Multi | Kojima Productions ]

Completing a number 10 Metal Gear combo it's Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. Written off by some as an expensive demo for 2015's upcoming Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Ground Zeroes open world taster did enough to impress a number of GFFers: "Yes it's a glorified demo, it's really short and Kojima is fox in sheep clothing (see what i did) so this is a cashgrab. But honestly it's fun as shit. Gameplay is fantastic, graphics are fantastic and if you want to max it out it will give you value for money."

Certainly this shortened experience seems to have done a good job demonstrating the Kojima Production's team attempt at opening up the sandbox, "This game is just making me want to play Phantom Pain even more."

"Stealth! Rain! Guards! Rescuing people! Bombs! Explosions! Snake! Sure, it's a demo, but it's a lot better than MGS4."

YouTube Video

9. Hyrule Warriors
[ Wii U | Koei Tecmo, Team Ninja, Nintendo ]

When Hyrule Warriors was first announced it drew a lot of confusion: why were Nintendo handing off such a beloved franchise to a developer like Koei? Could a mash-up between Dynasty Warriors gameplay and the world of Zelda really work? Apparently so; "It goes beyond being a good Dynasty Warriors game and manages to just be a great game overall. There's so much attention to detail in the stages and characters, and the Adventure Mode maps are massive."

Another move from the big N that looked odd at first but appears to have paid off with a fun game drawing in audiences from both franchise's fanbases. Plus they seemingly made a real effort to pack the game with content: "Very pleasantly surprised though at Adventure mode content, even with just the one base map the game comes with it adds several times the amount of content and gametime that the base story mode does. The sheer amount of crap to do and get is pretty ridiculous, we're probably at around 150 hours and haven't even touched either of the DLC packs...and there's 2 more on the way."

"Plus co-op!" "I already love the co-op play on this"

YouTube Video

8. Shovel Knight
[ Multi | Yacht Club Games ]

Coming in at number 8 on our list is a crowdfunded titles. A few years ago when an explosion seemingly occured on Kickstarter one of the many titles to draw attention and successfully get funding was Shovel Knight, a game looking to rekindle a flame for old-school platformers. "This one really lived up to the hype, which was a pretty daunting task."

Yacht Club Games pulled off a big asked producing something akin to "Mega Man with melee attacks, modern sensibilities, and virt making soundchips explode." All whilst showing what can be done with a small budget: "If its one thing I learned throughout this year in gaming is bigger budgets doesn't necessarily mean better games. The key to making a game good is to make the game play enjoyable. A good story and beautiful graphics can't really save a game unless it has the gameplay to back it up. This game is a true testament to excellent platformers of the NES/SNES era of gaming."

"A completely charming love letter to NES era action platformers, with an absolutely wonderful look, superb soundtrack, great characters and bosses and an enjoyable simple story. Essential gaming."

"Also butts."

YouTube Video

7. The Binding of Isaac Rebirth
[ Multi | Nicalis ]

In a year full of remasters and HD re-releases the only one to crack Gamingforce's top 10 is The Binding of Isaac Rebirth, an updated version of 2011's twisted rogue-like dungeon crawler. "Yes. Fuck yeah. They've absolutely nailed this remake. A lot more content was added to the already ridiculous amount that Wrath of the Lamb had to offer: new enemies, bosses, characters and a stupendous number of items."

Seems there's some disappointment to be had with the dropping of the original game's soundtrack, by Danny Baranowsky, replacing it with a "much more 'ambient' approach. The result, albeit fitting, is much less memorable, and I can see why people are disappointed with it. But it doesn't detract from the fantastic gaming experience that Rebirth has to offer."

"Taking a great game and making it greater. I was really late to the party in playing the first game, but it really sucked me in. So much content, and the replayability is unbelievable."

"It's a uniquely designed and super-qwirky one though and with hundreds of different items to potentially collect each time you run through the procedurally generated dungeons, every game plays out differently. The RNG Gods might bless you with a ton of weapon power-ups but leave you as a glass hammer or they might make you all but unkillable but struggle to dish out damage or they might just completely dick you over and make your bullets fly round in circles."

As ^___^ put it: "[Best RNG] [Worst RNG]"

YouTube Video

6. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
[ 3DS | Square Enix ]

Not many game series could pull of a title like Theatrhythm Final Fantasy what with the Final Fantasy series' extensive catalogue of music, and well liked music at that. Even fewer game series could then pull off a sequel which takes "All the best things from the original Theatrhythm, with tons more songs". "If you've played the predecessor then you're gonna love this one. More songs and characters to unlock and purchase as well as a new feature where you can venture a quest via a map and choose your own path."

This incredibly generous 3DS title includes a massive 221 songs, before you even get on to the topic of DLC. After a whopping 125 hours played Angel is happy to say: "I love this game and this series has been one of the most enjoyable video games series I've played in a really long time." I think he liked it, Daravon even more so: "This game may be my GOAT. Absolutely nothing gives me warm fuzzy feelings like this game, and the nostalgia and feels it invokes; playing the Final Fantasy Medley EMS almost gets me teary-eyed. They got rid of practically all of the bullshit weird systems and roadblocks the original game had, and added a bunch of ton of new stuff, systems, music, and more. And now they are not only continuing to actively support the game with more content, they're even branching out into crazy awesome town with stuff like Chrono Trigger, SaGa Frontier, Xenogears, etc. The only tiny nitpick I can even think of with the game is some of the menus and loading are kind of slow, but I'm reaching a bit to even come up with that."

"Now with 200% more OWA."

YouTube Video

5. Bravely Default
[ 3DS | Square Enix ]

At number 5 is the second 3DS exclusive title in the top 10, and also coming from Square Enix: Bravely Default. This JRPG from the dev studio that gave the world Final Fantasy managed to feel like a throwback to some of Square Enix's original titles: "Looks like Final Fantasy, sounds like Final Fantasy, smells like Final Fantasy, and as cheesy as Final Fantasy! It's a good game that satisfies that JRPG/nostalgia itch that you occasionally get."

One of the primary draws was a job system harkening back to FFV: "I’m a sucker for a good job class system, so this was right up my alley." "So much fun just messing with jobs and abilities in this one." "The gameplay and job system in this are fantastic." "It takes the best part of Final Fantasy V, its hilariously unbalanced job system, and cranks that shit up to 11 by giving every class broken abilities and letting you combine things left and right."

Seems the game may have some pacing issues, and perhaps falls apart in its second half, but despite this it did enough to charm fans of JRPGs here at GFF: "A great throwback to the JRPGs of yore, with enough of its own identity to stand on its own merits."

Perhaps in the end though, all it had to be was "More Final Fantasy than Final Fantasy."

YouTube Video

4. Bayonetta 2
[ Wii U | Platinum Games ]

Those wizards at Platinum Games secure a second game in GFF's top 10 of 2014 with sequel to Bayonetta. Another game announced for the Wii U that drew some confused reaction from gamers of the world, particularly those now torn about having to buy a Wii U or miss out on more Bayonetta action.

I think most will agree the sensible choice was to pick up a Wii U and this gem of a game: "Arguably the best character action game of all time." "Bayonetta 2 is everything that made Bayonetta 1 great with a little refinement, a little extra spit and polish and somehow turned up to 11." "Platinum Games continues to impress on every level."

"With an absolutely gorgeous new look, Bayo is back to kick more angel and demon ass alike and you will grin and gasp in awe at the flood of sights, sounds and challenge. Wonderful new weapons, fantastic boss fights, amazing soundtrack, vast, vast, vast amounts of things to do, things to discover, things to learn, things to unlock, things to enjoy and love. It's such a rich, generous, rewarding, fulfilling experience, crafted with the kind of understanding, the kind of skill, the kind of care you rarely see in videogames anymore."

"The most deliriously fun, glorious, beautiful, funny, imaginative and just plain enjoyable videogame since.. well, the first one."

"You here for business or pleasure? Either way, I'll hook you up."

YouTube Video

3. Transistor
[ Multi | Supergiant Games ]

Another dev team hitting their stride and turning out the hits: Supergiant Games follow up the wonderful Bastion with Transistor. "I loved Bastion. Loved it. This is better in every conceivable way. A narrative that is impacting without feeling the need to hold your hand and explain to you how to feel or exactly what your perspective should be coupled with a wonderful combat system and I think one of the two best soundtracks of the year lead to a wonderful experience. The story completely got me and I was hooked deep from moment one, and the incredible art direction choices will leave you absolutely stunned at just how beautiful minimalism can be."

Indeed the art and soundtrack for Transistor impressed many: "The art is just ridiculous and in a year of ridiculously good soundtracks this one is up there as possibly my favourite of 2014." "Best art direction of 2014." "This game is the first one that I've ever pre-ordered on Steam. So beautiful. Any game with a dedicated hum button is a winner in my books." "[Best Humming] [Best Music]".

But it was just pretty looks and pretty sounds winning people over, Transistor's strategic gameplay also drew praised: "Transistor has a deep and rich game play system that encourages players to explore rather than holding your hand. The plot is similarly unearthed and tied into its gameplay mechanics. Just a lot of thoughtful design choices." "Perhaps the best encouragement of mixing up play styles in a video game ever. Smart storytelling and subtlety abound. A 100% complete package." "Transistor is the closest thing to a perfect game I've ever played. From the art direction, to the music, to the gameplay, everything in this game feeds into each other and works just... amazingly. I love this game."

"Play it, beat it, play it again and again and again. And then go back to it and play it one more time."

YouTube Video

2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
[ Wii U | Bandai Namco Games, Nintendo ]

At this point I imagine most people will have guessed the top 2 games for Gamingforce, and beginning a Nintendo double-bill is Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. Ignoring the goofy, if subtly clever, name, the latest Smash Bros. took the leap first to handheld and then into glorious HD on the Wii U. Many at Gamingforce were excited to see the latest Smash arrive, and it did not disappoint:

"The graphics, the music, that huge roster of characters (including some delightful new additions such as Bowser Jr., Little Mac, Shulk and Duck Hunt Duo), a solid stage creator, decent online play and just a huge amount of content. It's Smash, in HD, and it's glorious."

"It's more Super Smash Bros. A shit ton of characters, better gameplay than Brawl, 8 player Smash, and lots of options. They added customization options for characters now and of course that includes Miis and dressing them up."

"MAN LOOK AT ALL THE ACER UPPERCUTS. And Wii Fit Trainers volleyball spikes. And general horseshit. BATS. SO GOOD. Best Smash yet, Melee people can suck a dick. Everything in this is so good. So rad, so snazzy. I've only put in like 15 hours into it too, and I've barely scratched the surface."

"I honestly love the Smash series. I have played all of them to death and then some. Probably one of my favorite game series to play through. I do miss the single player features from Brawl, and I am sad that they opted to do Smash Tour instead of Smash Run in the Wii-U version. However, there's just so much to do in this game that the disappointment from these small gripes is easily overshadowed. If I had to choose just one GOTY, this would be it."

Perhaps the only real downside to Nintendo's HD Smash entry: "Goddamn amiibos draining my wallet."

YouTube Video

1. Mario Kart 8
[ Wii U | Nintendo ]

And here at number 1 for 2014, to the surprise of no one (I hope), is the header of the Nintendo 2014 double-bill dream team: Mario Kart 8. I think it's fair to say Nintendo knocked it out of the park with the latest entry in their veteran karting series, with fantastic visuals, ridiculously good music and an incredible set of tracks:

"It has EVERYTHING. It has the BEST SELECTION OF COURSES EVER. IT HAS THE BEST DLC FROM THE LAST TWO YEARS. THE SOUNDTRACK IS LIKE LEPRECHAUNS SHITTING GOLD DIRECTLY INTO YOUR EAR CANALS."

"I am one of those Mario Kart 64 purist assholes. Well, I can definitely say that Mario Kart 8 is now my favorite in the series. The graphics are amazing, the music is fantastic, and the courses are memorable."

Sure it's missing a few small things that would improve it ("lack of a real battle mode is a major bummer", "N64 Rainbow Road just seems too short", "Would pay for 2 or 3 lap N64 Rainbow Road DLC option") but I one of the best elements is that it has some great online play, heavily abused by us idiots:

"It's been great playing multiplayer with you guys. 12 players online! Who knew Nintendo could make this happen? Not I. It's a great game and the DLC packs just make it even better."

"For the second year in a row, the game I had the most fun with was an online game. Saturday Karting with you chucklefucks has easily, easily been the highlight of my week most weeks in the past year."

"I don't think any of us could have predicted how much staying power this has had, nor how many times we'd play Music Park. So much MAD."

"I think the true testament to how much fun the game is that when I arranged a regular get-together on a Saturday for Mario Kart 8 sessions I thought the idea of 11 others turning up was a dream, and I didn't think it'd last more than a few months, perhaps picking up when the DLC hit. Well, some 7 months later we're still going strong (bar the odd missed week) and getting a strong turn out nearly every week. No matter what nonsense we do, or how many times we play Music Park, the game remains ridiculously fun. Bravo Nintendo."

I think Deni sums it up nicely: "None of you need me to explain this. The music is love. The game is slick and entertaining and the tracks are great. A gaming PC and a Wii U are the gaming set-up of right now, to be sure."

Anyway, I'm off to play Mario Kart 8 in a little while and make some "Ambient anger noises."

So there you have it, the Gamingforce Game of the Year 2014 Top 10. Did everything go according to plan, or has it all turned out horribly wrong? What really should have been there, what shouldn't have? What was too high, and what was too low? Start the discussion/bitching below.

Once again a big thanks to everyone taking part, hopefully it's still worthwhile and we can keep things going at least another year. Until next year then.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2015, 06:31 PM Local time: Jan 24, 2015, 05:31 PM 2 #2 of 18
I'm happy Revengeance got onto the list again, it's so dope and the PC port is really good.

But the important thing is KART DOMINATION because HOLY CRAP that game is mindfuckingly fantastic.

When one of my most anticipated drops for AN ENTIRE YEAR isn't portable Xenoblade, but the second fucking track DLC for a game released an entire year prior then you know the thing's on point.

BILL ME LATER ASSHOLESSSSSSSSSSS

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Jan 24, 2015 at 06:48 PM.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2015, 09:16 PM Local time: Jan 24, 2015, 07:16 PM #3 of 18
I like that my lazyass one-sentence reasons for my nominations were used as the recaps.

Another great write-up, Omagnus. Looking forward to quite a few games this year!

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Scent of a Grundle
Mountain Chocobo

Member 32415

Level 28.14

Dec 2008

Old Jan 24, 2015, 10:28 PM Local time: Jan 24, 2015, 09:28 PM #4 of 18
I think this was the first time i've actually played almost all of the games in a GFF GOTY top 10 (8 of 11). Now that i'm borrowing Hyrule Warriors from my brother, i wish i had given it more points. Who would have thought i'd ever be looking for Dynasty Warriors games to buy?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:43 PM #5 of 18
Hyrule Warriors making into the top 10 took me by surprise. Dynasty Warriors has such a small fanbase around here that I didn't think anyone was playing it outside of myself and GB.

I also like how Omagnus used one normal quote from me about Shovel Knight and then returned for "Also butts" at the end.

Quote:
Perhaps the only real downside to Nintendo's HD Smash entry: "Goddamn amiibos draining my wallet."
I have no idea what you mean. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to open this Bowser amiibo while quietly sobbing.

How ya doing, buddy?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:22 AM #6 of 18
I'm curious what got places 20 to 11. A decent amount of these were fairly predictable. I'm cool with the top 10 but I feel places 20 to 11 might be more interesting to know the results. Even if there are a bunch tied or something. Good job, OP!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2015, 06:11 AM Local time: Jan 25, 2015, 11:11 AM #7 of 18
I'm curious what got places 20 to 11. A decent amount of these were fairly predictable. I'm cool with the top 10 but I feel places 20 to 11 might be more interesting to know the results. Even if there are a bunch tied or something.
Always gonna be a critic.

Acer the reason I don't go further than a top 10 is we simply don't get the votes to provide enough distinction once you get beyond that. The places 11-20 cover another 23 games because of ties, and you're looking at a good number that have just one vote against them at that pint. As such I don't feel that tells you a great deal.

FELIPE NO
SailorDaravon
Mountain Chocobo

Member 204

Level 28.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2015, 01:29 PM #8 of 18
Hyrule Warriors making into the top 10 took me by surprise. Dynasty Warriors has such a small fanbase around here that I didn't think anyone was playing it outside of myself and GB.
I've been playing Dynasty Warriors since the first one on PS1 lol. I generally only stick with the mainline releases though, so I while I'll play the crap out of every mainline release every 18-24 months or so I usually don't touch any of the XL/Empires stuff. Usually doing everything or close to it in those is at least 100+ hours, and I'm usually kinda good at that point. I did put a good chunk of time into the 2nd Gundam DW game and the last two Orochi Warriors games, but that's about it. Haven't even looked at most of the licensed/spinoff stuff since they seem to generally not be well regarded even by the musou community, although I hear one of the One Piece games might actually be good?

But yeah, Hyrule Warriors' (relative) success in general just further cements my decade-plus argument that people mostly just shit on DW because of it's ridiculous story and characters. Which is a fair point, but once you've played one or two of them you know everyone and what's going on well enough that it's a non-issue. I've seen a ton of people who have hated on DW games who are now on board with them because of Hyrule Warriors, and with the Dragon Quest Warriors game coming out as well I'm curious to see what kind of new blood comes in. I was very surprised to see Philia as into Hyrule Warriors as she is. She's been making fun of me for years for playing Dynasty Warriors, but she is harassing me at every moment we are home at the same time to play this game.

Also a fun fact about Theatrhythm that I should have mentioned in my voting post regarding how much I love the game; a few months back we had an actual fire alarm go off at my work that was not a drill. I work on the 6th floor, after I got outside I realized my 3DS with the game was in my desk, and I ran back inside to get it. Yeah. Oh and to whoever mentioned in their voting post regarding Quest Medleys being annoying at a point since they're always level 99, use a Level Down Nut (Kupo Nut maybe? Forget the name), when you beat your current quest the new quest map you get for beating it will always be level 1. I just cycle through using those once the level starts getting to high since I also agree having 20+ song maps all at level 99 is annoying.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Franky Mikey
Bonkler

Member 6

Level 39.27

Feb 2006

Old Jan 25, 2015, 08:54 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2015, 02:54 AM 1 #9 of 18
My first thought (and everyone else's, I bet) when the voting thread came up was "it's going to be between Smash and Mario Kart". Looks like the Wii U is gathering pace, maybe just this once I should consider easing up my disregard-current-gen-consoles-until-five-years-after-release policy.

Isaac and Revengeance made it. I'm glad! I would certainly have given the latter some points if I had managed to put a few more hours into it, but it looked more than promising. Sadly enough, these are the only two games from this list that I've played.

Shovel Knight looks tempting. Something I could get into in the near future. Most of the rest is out of reach unless I buy a console.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

[ recordings |videos| blog ]
[ 18:14:09 ] [ +Garr ] Setting up form unreal troanmetn
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2015, 06:42 PM Local time: Jan 28, 2015, 07:42 AM #10 of 18
I just played Transistor earlier this week and kinda regretted not getting it earlier! It's a lot of fun and I really dig the semi-turn based battle mechanic! I would have added a few more scores to it, but I'm pretty sure nothing would top Mario Kart and Brawl.

Tawnee Van Pelt
Everybody Hertz

Member 227

Level 23.36

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:34 PM Local time: Jan 27, 2015, 09:34 PM #11 of 18
I wonder if there's something in Binding of Isaac for me. I was surprised to see it on the top and I've read good reviews elsewhere too. The graphics really turn me off, and the fact that I've never been a fan of Zelda (I've read it takes some inspiration from that). I may try it sometime when there's nothing left on my list.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2015, 01:15 AM #12 of 18
Binding of Isaac's relation to Zelda is pretty loose. You collect random upgrades as you go along, but it's more comparable to a twin stick shooter in controls. I realize that doesn't make it sound like fun, but it really is an amazing and addictive game. If you're still unsure you could always watch for the original to go on sale on Steam. It hits $1 or so during every sale.

Most amazing jew boots
Franky Mikey
Bonkler

Member 6

Level 39.27

Feb 2006

Old Jan 28, 2015, 03:04 AM Local time: Jan 28, 2015, 09:04 AM 1 #13 of 18
^

Then again, the original didn't quite hit like Rebirth for me. It was still a good game with an awesome soundtrack, but the controls felt a lot less precise (not to mention the flash lag), making it just a tad more hardcore than it needed to be. I felt that they got the balance just right in Rebirth, making the game slightly less frustrating for new players but still very challenging as you progress.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2015, 08:37 AM Local time: Jan 28, 2015, 06:37 AM 1 #14 of 18
I'm really glad Transistor made it onto the list. It was the only (new) game I played this year but I didn't finish it (EASY MODE, BITCHES) so I didn't want to vote on it, but the first chapter I did play was awesome! I'm hoping I get to finish it this year because I think that Supergiant Games is really hitting a sweet spot with their developers.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2015, 09:07 AM Local time: Jan 28, 2015, 08:07 AM 5 #15 of 18
I'm really glad Transistor made it onto the list. It was the only (new) game I played this year but I didn't finish it (EASY MODE, BITCHES) so I didn't want to vote on it, but the first chapter I did play was awesome! I'm hoping I get to finish it this year because I think that Supergiant Games is really hitting a sweet spot with their developers.
WHY DO YOU MAKE IT SO HARD TO LOVE YOU?

FELIPE NO

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jan 29, 2015, 04:48 PM Local time: Jan 29, 2015, 09:48 PM #16 of 18
OK, so if you have a PS4 and PS+ and haven't yet checked out Transistor, one of our games of the year, then you're in luck because it's being offered as one of the PS+ titles for download in February: PlayStation Plus in February: Transistor, Yakuza 4, Thief, Rogue Legacy, more - PlayStation.Blog.Europe

Have at it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Zip
Desert Camel

Member 1607

Level 25.92

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2015, 09:41 AM Local time: Jan 30, 2015, 04:41 PM 2 #17 of 18
ffs I bought that shit last weekend with the 10 % discount. fml.

no homo
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 30, 2015, 01:58 PM Local time: Jan 30, 2015, 07:58 PM #18 of 18
Just in time for my PS4 to arrive, yay!

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Attention] The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2014: TOP 10 RESULTS TIME