Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Attention] New thread tag icons by ElectricSheep

Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 05:19 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 06:19 PM 1 #1 of 42
New thread tag icons by ElectricSheep

Not sure what we're going to do with this...

Oh yeah, we need to add this prefix

Apparently also known as the Ybox

AcerBandit wanted this

Coin operated, big pushbuttons, CRT

LOOK AT ME

I guess this filename is still valid

Oldschool. Anything pre 3rd generation, really.

Stylus poking

Everything else

MY YBOX IS FLASHING OH SHIT

Who cares about "delayed exclusives"

On the bleeding edge!

5 frames per second

Final Fantasy VI oh yeah

STILL RELEVANT

ALMOST RELEVANT

Where's my copy of Lumines

Guys how do I open the tray

I hear they're developing MGS4 for Wii confirm y/n

FOR CHILDREN ONLY

Some of the new prefixes aren't actually in the selection box yet, we'll add them in later.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Grawl
WHAT IF I HAD DIED?!

Member 39

Level 34.06

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 05:43 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 12:43 PM #2 of 42
They look all shiny~ =O

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Solis
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 559

Level 20.83

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 05:59 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 05:59 AM #3 of 42
Very clean looking. Although not quite as flashy as the old ones. But no more pixelated Paint-designed placeholders at least.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 06:02 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 12:02 PM #4 of 42
Liking the tags. But... what the hell is actually for?

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 07:14 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 02:14 PM #5 of 42
I like their graphical design, but almost half of these icons are totally useless. How are we supposed to filter relevant threads with all these redundant tags?

In before "can we have Ace Combat tags pls?".

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zergrinch
Evil Grinch

Member 666

Level 50.98

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 07:17 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 08:17 PM #6 of 42
Resize them to be a teensy bit smaller, and it'll be all kosher!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Single Post URL
Transparent Color Code:
[color=#14194e]
Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 07:17 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 02:17 PM #7 of 42
I like their graphical design, but almost half of these icons are totally useless. How are we supposed to filter relevant threads with all these redundant tags?

In before "can we have Ace Combat tags pls?".
Yeah I think AcerBandit had the right idea in mind when he proposed a division of ''Awesome shit'' and ''Boring shit'', then you could just filter all the boring stuff out and only get the awesome stuff AKA no one cares find something else to complain about

Most amazing jew boots
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Rock
Rock me

Member 66

Level 29.37

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 07:20 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 02:20 PM #8 of 42
Seconding the divison of "Awesome" and "Boring" tags. Just let me do the tagging for all threads. ;-)

Seriously, what's the difference between "!!!", "Attn!" and "News" anyhow? And what's the "Amusing" tag for? What about DS threads that are amusing? Are we going to introduce multiple tags?

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Rock; Jul 15, 2007 at 07:22 AM.
Bigblah
Tails is incompetent!

Member 5

Level 45.31

Feb 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 09:12 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 10:12 PM #9 of 42
I don't know what anyone plans to do with "!!!" (it's not even in the prefix list yet), but "Attention" will be mostly for stickies and announcements like this one, while "News" will be, well, news (more of current industry matters than anything console specific).

There will be a way to filter multiple tags, so there's your relevant filtering right there.

ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 09:24 AM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 06:24 AM #10 of 42
07:20 <+Megalith> look at this fucking macintosh shit
07:20 <+Megalith> what is this, iGame

I agree. These don't fit in with the rest of the forum at all.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 09:36 AM #11 of 42
Quote:
Final Fantasy VI oh yeah
WRONG

The buttons are nifty though.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
xiaowei
Bear Leisure

Member 792

Level 16.30

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 11:47 AM #12 of 42
Liking the tags. But... what the hell is actually for?
If have to ask, you don't have to know

Yeah. They do look like Mac icons, but that's not too big of a deal.

Two things:
1. Wii icon looks jagged.
2. New XBOX/PSX icons don't match the other system's set up. Not like it matters since they'll probably never get used.

Old Jul 15, 2007, 01:15 PM #13 of 42
Ahahahaha this is what happens when we don't discuss what this crap even means. Oh wow. ='D

Alrighty, the story you guys don't know is all these tags were in one big image with several versions for various tags. !!! and Attn! were made for the same tag, Attention.

And wow, why are we not conforming full-fledged with keeping Paco's 360 tag? Oh and honestly, who is going to use Xbox tags? We might as well make a Gamecube tag. Xbox and Gamecube are dead. The PS2 is the only system from the last generation that is still getting a semi-steady flow of games. And while that Playstation logo is lovely and sort of stands for all Sony consoles even today, we have PS2 and PS3 tags so there's no reason for it.

Right... so let's try this again.

This is for threads that don't pertain to specific consoles or anything. They're ideas and discussion about various things. For example, What videogame did you recently buy thread isn't a thread about one console or one handheld. Or perhaps a thread where you discuss your favorite videogame villains. Those kind of threads are General Discussion tag material.

These threads are for news-like threads. Let's say Miyamoto retires. We won't be using a Wii or DS tag to announce that. You use the News tag. The News tag isn't for new game announcements. Those will more than likely find their own specific platform tag.

Games, system, xbox live, etc. discussion that pertains to just the Microsoft Xbox 360. If you must have a thread for old Xbox games and such please use the Classic tag.

Games, system, etc. discussion that pertains to just the Sony Playstation 3.

Games, system, etc. discussion that pertains to just the Nintendo Wii. If you must have a thread for old Gamecube games and such please use the Classic tag.

Games, system, etc. discussion that pertains to just the Sony Playstation 2.

Games, system, etc. discussion that pertains to just the Personal Computer. That means games for Apple machines too if it has any games.

Games, system, etc. discussion that pertains to just the Nintendo DS. If you must have a thread for the old Game Boy brand of handheld games and such please use the Classic tag.

Games, system, etc. discussion that pertains to just the Sony Playstation Portable.

Discussion for games that are on multiple platforms. Threads for a multiplatform game's specific platform are allowed if need be.

If it has a coinslot then this is the tag to use. Note that with super old Arcade games you may use the Classic tag if you'd like. It's your choice.

The Classic tag is primarily used for games Dreamcast and older. However, since we do not have Gamecube, Xbox, or GBA tags due to their lack of current support the tag can include those systems as well. It is not limited to Consoles and handhelds. You may discuss ancient computer platforms as well using this tag.

The Help tag is for requests pertaining to personal situations regarding videogames. Is your system acting up? Are you having trouble finding a dungeon key that no faq seems to answer? Do you need to know how to install a mod chip? You are asking for help. Just be sure you asked Google and GameFaqs first. If you absolutely are stumped and need our help still and can't find an even better place to ask for this help then you may use the Help tag.

What was the Playstation's native resolution? What's the best online game? What's the difference between PAL and NTSC? You need an answer to a question? Use the Question tag.

Did you find something very amusing that relates to videogames that you want to share? Some big head at a corporation say something very silly again? Well use that Amusing tag but I do hope it's amusing for your sake.

If you're stumped on what to make as a tag then use the :plant: tag. It is used for those occasions where all other tags fail. It's also used for complete shit threads that we close and keep around as examples of what kind of threads are complete failures.

The Attention tag will be used primarily for forum rules and announcement threads. We discourage that you use this unless it's actually important and needs it.

Did a little bird tell you something? Did you hear something from a little bird who heard from another little bird who so on and so on? Well let's talk about it. Use the Rumor tag.

Are you about to submit something you made with an angry face and is going to get a lot of tl;dr responses? The Rant tag is your best friend.

Those are our tags. We may add more. There are certainly a few in the Online Gaming subforum that haven't been covered yet or need changing. This is a very good start to what I hope eventually makes the entire board a better place. We'll just have to wait and see.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by FatsDomino; Jul 15, 2007 at 01:34 PM.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 01:22 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 12:22 PM #14 of 42
Wow, I thought Paco's were much better. If they're gonna be just square buttons with a metallic shine on them, maybe shrink 'em a tad or something.

Quote:
I agree. These don't fit in with the rest of the forum at all.
Seconding this.

Edit: Also, in before we have a unique tag for each thread and the entire purpose of it is defeated.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Jul 15, 2007 at 01:27 PM.
Musharraf
So Call Me Maybe

Member 20

Level 52.53

Feb 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 01:29 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 07:29 PM #15 of 42
I like tag icons. The more the merrier =^.^=

The "Multiple Systems" icon should be changed, though, it looks bad.

FELIPE NO
Old Jul 15, 2007, 01:29 PM #16 of 42
I honestly don't care what they look like as long as they do a good job at speaking for themselves, are standardized somewhat, and that we have tag images for every tag.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

map car man words telling me to do things
find animals!

Member 16

Level 47.67

Feb 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 01:29 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 09:29 PM #17 of 42
The Help tag is for requests pertaining to personal situations regarding videogames. Is your system acting up? Are you having trouble finding a dungeon key that no faq seems to answer? Do you need to know how to install a mod chip? You are asking for help. Use the Help tag.
Wow wow wow. We are so not allowing nor encouraging help threads. This place doesn't need to sink to gfaqs any further. I'm sure there will be uses for that tag later that don't involve asking how do i shot web, but I'm just reminding here.

I liked Paco's tags, but I don't mind these. Just as long as they're ALL consistent and not just some of them. That'd make the change redundant.

Old Jul 15, 2007, 01:32 PM #18 of 42
Also, I must have gotten here before the 360 tag was changed when I made my big post above, so I'm sorry about ranting and giving you shit about that Blah/Miles.

Additional Spam:
Good point, Q. I've edited my post to reflect that.

Quote:
The Help tag is for requests pertaining to personal situations regarding videogames. Is your system acting up? Are you having trouble finding a dungeon key that no faq seems to answer? Do you need to know how to install a mod chip? You are asking for help. Just be sure you asked Google and GameFaqs first. If you absolutely are stumped and need our help still and can't find an even better place to ask for this help then you may use the Help tag.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by FatsDomino; Jul 15, 2007 at 01:35 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

galen
lost control then i got it back now my position has changed

Member 655

Level 25.35

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 01:43 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 11:43 AM #19 of 42
They're all well done, but I would have rather had something besides the oh-so-trendy shiny plastic that apparently everything needs to look like these days.

:/

EDIT: On the light set, would it be possible to have just text links instead? The light set squashes them vertically so they look super-retarded.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 01:51 PM #20 of 42
We're still using tag images in light set? I guess that was never taken care of. Thanks for the reminder, galen.

Oh, you have any design ideas for the tags?

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 01:51 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 08:51 PM #21 of 42
They're all well done, but I would have rather had something besides the oh-so-trendy shiny plastic that apparently everything needs to look like these days.

:/
Well, if you have something better in mind, I think you're welcome to make your own tag versions, and if they do look better, we could switch. But we went like two months with half of the tags not having been uploaded at all, so I'm pretty sure Blah just got fed up with looking at broken images, and this is better than nothing.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 01:54 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 12:54 PM 1 #22 of 42
I'll agree with that. The optimal situation, in my eyes at least, would have been to punch Paco in the kidneys until he got his lazy Mexican ass to work and finished the shit up.

But this is much better than having broken shit all over the place.

Most amazing jew boots
Old Jul 15, 2007, 02:00 PM #23 of 42
There has been discussion of the Help and Question tags being confusing. I have trouble making good definitions to discern the two and if everyone is okay with it I have no problem with turning all Help tagged threads into Question tagged threads and removing the Help tag.

What say ye, peoples?

FELIPE NO
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jul 15, 2007, 02:04 PM Local time: Jul 15, 2007, 01:04 PM #24 of 42
I still say quick gameplay related questions could go into the actual official game threads instead of actually being made into question topics, but question tagged stuff could be fine if it were general enough and didn't fit into an existing game's or console's thread. So yeah, I agree.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Jul 30, 2007 at 09:50 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2007, 02:07 PM #25 of 42
Yeah, basically that's the idea behind it anyway. There's always the possibility that the person is asking a question or for help for a game that has a thread that hasn't been responded to in months or doesn't have a thread and he/she doesn't want to make a thread for said game. Or it might not even be about a game at all. But yeah it should be made noted above. I'll keep that in mind.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Attention] New thread tag icons by ElectricSheep