Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[News] Music And Gaming Festival, Jan 1-4, 2010

Nick The Newbie
Wark!

Member 32122

Level 2.62

Nov 2008

Old Oct 2, 2009, 12:47 PM #1 of 7
Music And Gaming Festival, Jan 1-4, 2010

So MAGFest is going into its eighth year, and the next one is coming up January 1-4, just outside DC at the hilton mark center in alexandria. There's also going to be a new years eve party for people who pre-register.

If you guys haven't heard of MAGFest, the name is short for Music And Gaming Festival, and it's basically a four day long woodstock of video game music. There's three nights of live video game cover bands, 24 hour console/arcade/LAN/tabletop gaming the whole time, plus an open mic jamspace with provided instruments that everyone's welcome to play. It's a pretty laid back "anti-convention" atmosphere that is thankfully free of people with cat ears trying to glomp you, while being chock full of cool people to drink, play games, and rock out with.

Here are the guests announced so far, with much more to come.

Bands:
-Metroid Metal
-Arm Cannon
-Rare Candy
-This Place Is Haunted

Guests:
-There Will Be Brawl creators Matt Mercer and Zach Grafton
-Voice actor Jon St. John, known best for having balls of steel as duke nukem
-YuGiOh - The Abridged Series creator Martin "LittleKuriboh" Billany

You can pre-register, plus get a $99/night hotel room through the website: http://magfest.org

What would you guys say to a little GFF meet-up? I remember there was a decent amount of interest here last year, so I think drunken antics and moshing are in order this year.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 2, 2009, 01:39 PM Local time: Oct 2, 2009, 07:39 PM #2 of 7
Metroid Metal? Seriously? Fuck me, the last time I saw a band that good was when Pilot Wangs 69 played the scout hut in town.

Most amazing jew boots
Nick The Newbie
Wark!

Member 32122

Level 2.62

Nov 2008

Old Oct 3, 2009, 08:59 AM #3 of 7
Metroid Metal? Seriously? Fuck me, the last time I saw a band that good was when Pilot Wangs 69 played the scout hut in town.
Metroid Metal definitely puts on a good show, for sure (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0SENF-MGb8). It's a shame they doesn't play shows more often. Their only two other shows ever were at magfest last year, and at the most recent PAX. Their members are kind of scattered all over the east coast of the USA, so I guess it's kind of hard for them to get together...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2009, 02:38 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2009, 08:38 AM 2 #4 of 7
Every year you come here to promote this event, every year I take the piss out of it and every year you fail to get that I am.

Your boundless optimism is refreshing if nothing else.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Nick The Newbie
Wark!

Member 32122

Level 2.62

Nov 2008

Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:44 AM #5 of 7
Well that's just my attitude to the whole thing. I don't get paid for what I do, I just love magfest and I try to share it with everyone I can because I always have an amazing time at it every year. I'm not trying to spam (I asked for mod permission to make this thread beforehand) or get in a fight or anything, I just want to spread the word of something I truly feel is a fucking blast to attend.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Metroid
Monster

Member 34638

Level 1.10

Oct 2009

Old Nov 26, 2009, 04:26 PM Local time: Nov 26, 2009, 10:26 PM #6 of 7
It was a great show.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Nick The Newbie
Wark!

Member 32122

Level 2.62

Nov 2008

Old Nov 29, 2009, 09:48 PM #7 of 7
It was a great show.
You witnessed a mighty battle which I was destined to lose.

If it helps at all, sid meier's coming as a guest this year.

How ya doing, buddy?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [News] Music And Gaming Festival, Jan 1-4, 2010