Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

24 Season 5 Discussion

Morrigan
Midnight Rider

Member 2104

Level 15.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 28, 2006, 08:54 PM #226 of 496
Re: Jazz's theory
Spoiler:

I don't agree. It would be strongly out of character for Novick. He cares a lot about the interests of the White House, but he strongly opposed every goofy plan the president made and urged the first lady to dissuade him, and seems also very opposed to the highly suspicious vice-president. He seems a bit too no-nonsense to be like Cummings. Of course, I could be very wrong... but I don't think it'd be good writing to suddenly have the loyal, no-nonsense Novick as a traitor.

I think he might indeed have gotten Cummings killed, though, simply to avoid the trouble that would have ensued with him.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Wesker
Darn you to heck!

Member 1325

Level 11.78

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 04:32 PM #227 of 496
Just a prediction on my part, but it seems that maybve we're headed for an attempted coup of the American government and thats what Parmer has knowledge of. Also...I think the Red Chinese may show up again, looking for Jack.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 04:48 PM #228 of 496
Just so you know tonight...

Spoiler:
omfg at the ending.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
DSRevolution.com
The #1 site for Wii and DS news, reviews, and previews!

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 05:38 PM #229 of 496
Originally Posted by Zeo
Just so you know tonight...

Spoiler:
omfg at the ending.
I don't want to know any spoilers, but how'd you get early access to the episode/info?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Admiral Amara

Member 189

Level 25.56

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 05:49 PM #230 of 496
I can't wait for tonight's epsiode. Jazz's theory reall could go either way, I think, and while his has legitimate points, Morrigan makes legitimate counter-points. We'll just have to watch and find out what message was so important as to risk your life to deliver it.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 06:06 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 05:06 PM #231 of 496
Originally Posted by Zeo
Spoiler:
omfg at the ending.
You know that could be applied to almost any episode of 24, right?

FELIPE NO
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 08:57 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 06:57 PM #232 of 496
Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
OMFG AT THE ENDING.

Most amazing jew boots
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:04 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 10:04 PM #233 of 496
OMG OMG OMG, WTF WTF WTF!?!?!?!?

HOLY CRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPP! This show....best...ever....

Jam it back in, in the dark.

[ MOBIUS ]
JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:05 PM #234 of 496
Ugh, talk about jumping the shark.

This latest twist just made most of the season not make any sense.

Why would Walt then hide himself from the president? Why would he (right before Jack interrogated him in the office) reveal his mission to the president when they were both "patriots" to begin with. And where does the president get the time to have all these secret personal calls with Henderson/whoever else. This is pretty silly.

And if the Asian assistant knew about the President being in on it, why wouldn't she have confirmed with Mrs. Logan? Ugh, this involves a lot of ret-conning going on in the earlier episodes this season.
Season 1 stuff:
At least with Nina being a traitor, it still kinda worked out if you looked back.

If it was Mike Novick, it would have made a lot more sense and still have been a twist (as I guess the writers were making the vice president out to be the bad guy).

Last edited by JazzFlight; Apr 3, 2006 at 09:08 PM.
jouhou
-

Member 400

Level 18.87

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:09 PM #235 of 496
Holy Shit, no one saw that coming.
Spoiler:
My sister kept screaming, "It's the vice president." and I kept saying, "Mike Novik" but wow we were way off target.
But if the president is involved than homeland is there purely to stop CTU..
This is so awesome!!!

oh yeah, it's unfortunate but it looks like we won't get to see sexual harassment lady in action.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:10 PM #236 of 496
I think you have to be patient and dont assume things about the show, clearly you are wrong most of the time anyway. 99% of the time..it will be explained...and you will think "oh wow, that does make sense".

I figured it wouldnt be the vice president...since Jack was leaning towards that and the woman wouldnt give the info. It also makes what Henderson said a few episodes ago make sense onto why he was protecting what he knew.

JazzFlight
Super Furry Animal

Member 17

Level 29.62

Feb 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:14 PM #237 of 496
Originally Posted by Knighthawk
I think you have to be patient and dont assume things about the show, clearly you are wrong most of the time anyway. 99% of the time..it will be explained...and you will think "oh wow, that does make sense".
Nah, there are a lot of times that 24 just glosses over things and drops storylines if they're not going anywhere.

Small example, Behrooz being rescued in Season 4 was dropped out, instead only becoming a deleted scene.

Big mystery: No one ever knows what Jack said to Nina in Season 2 when she was being led away.

Other question: When did the terrorists call the Asian assistant about her daughter? Recently, or all day? She was certainly calm up until this episode.

I'm just annoyed that essentially they're writing the season as it goes along and not considering when their plot twists contradict earlier scenes.

Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:15 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 08:15 PM #238 of 496
I agree with you Jazz. This really doesn't make that much sense. They're gonna have to do a lot of explaining to make this make sense.

And on another note, does anyone else think that Logan would be too stupid to be a part of any kind of secret plot/conspiracy? That's the first thing I thought when they revealed him.

What I thought:
I thought it was going to be Secretary Heller, since I heard he was supposed to be coming back sometime this season. It would have made more since, anyway.

Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:16 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 10:16 PM #239 of 496
Spoiler:
But we don't know if the President is involved in the whole terrorist incident or just with trying to kill Jack. But man, next episode is going to rock: Jack Bauer vs. the Army in a bank shootout. Nuts. And total badassness taking out all those gaurds. I thought there were too many targets for Jack to snipe, but they managed to handle it somehow. Reminded me of MGS3 when Jack was clearing the area, except instead of a gun and a knife he had a gun and a PDA Ah, digital warriors.

FELIPE NO

[ MOBIUS ]
nazpyro
Pacman

Member 41

Level 38.30

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:17 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 07:17 PM #240 of 496
Originally Posted by JazzFlight
Big mystery: No one ever knows what Jack said to Nina in Season 2 when she was being led away.
Because our heads would explode.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
waka waka

sanemonkeytwitterlast.fmgfwbacklogyoutubexbox
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:19 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 08:19 PM #241 of 496
Originally Posted by Mobius One
Spoiler:
But man, next episode is going to rock: Jack Bauer vs. the Army in a bank shootout.
Spoiler:
Jack Bauer is a one-man army. Why lie?

Most amazing jew boots
Mobius One
X

Member 2171

Level 19.11

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:22 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 10:22 PM #242 of 496
No, Jack Bauer is a one-man army and a half.

[ MOBIUS ]
Zeo
O&A PARTY ROCK!!!111

Member 544

Level 8.06

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:33 PM #243 of 496
Nah, there are a lot of times that 24 just glosses over things and drops storylines if they're not going anywhere.

Small example, Behrooz being rescued in Season 4 was dropped out, instead only becoming a deleted scene.
Eh, it happens. It was still explained, they didn't forget about it.

Quote:
Uh dude? That was the entire point. You're not SUPPOSED to EVER know that.

Quote:
Other question: When did the terrorists call the Asian assistant about her daughter? Recently, or all day? She was certainly calm up until this episode.
She's barely been in it for a while I believe.

Quote:
I'm just annoyed that essentially they're writing the season as it goes along and not considering when their plot twists contradict earlier scenes.
Yeah, I don't like that either. But there are plenty of ways to make this make sense, even with the Walt thing. Walt worked for someone who worked for Henderson who worked for the President. The chain of command is so long, it could have easily happened like this.

By the way:

Originally Posted by RockgamerXIII
:biggrin:

Most amazing jew boots
DSRevolution.com
The #1 site for Wii and DS news, reviews, and previews!

Last edited by Zeo; Apr 3, 2006 at 09:36 PM.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2006, 09:48 PM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 08:48 PM #244 of 496
DId anybody see this guy? I think it's kind of silly for people to make a small little cameo on this and actually expect to get noticed. I didn't notice John McCain when he was on a while back, and I certainly didn't notice this guy.

But if anyone did notice this guy, who did he play? I just want to know since it says he had a speaking role.

Enter User Name
Chocobo

Member 510

Level 11.74

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:11 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 10:11 PM #245 of 496
Spoiler:
That episode had kind of a big revelation in it. But if the president is behind the whole thing, then why when the President was having "private" conversations with Walt Cummings, did he have to pretend to not know anything about this?

I'm interested to find out how this plays out, but if it doesn't make perfect sense, I'm going to be pissed.

Hantei
SNAKE スニーキングスーツ

Member 618

Level 26.09

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:17 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 11:17 PM #246 of 496
HOLY SHIT! That was a pretty big twist at the end! But, I don't really understand where they're going with this. Is he behind it all? Is his plot to get rid of Palmer's supporters? I'm expecting some serious ass kicking from Aaron now.

Also, man, I feel so sorry for Buchanan, you clearly see that he felt betrayed. Oh and Miles is a dick, I hate that guy, damn him for the blackmail! Good for Audrey turning him down, but I hate how she was given the dilemma of either backing up Buchanan or Jack (even though it was obvious she would support Jack's new lead).

As for Evelyn, I was surprised she didn't die, though she didn't come away clean so I guess that some what made it up. Where was the wound anyway? I couldn't make it out, looked like the leg.

Rollins
"It's strips like this that differentiate us from Ziggy."

Member 51

Level 17.24

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 12:22 AM Local time: Apr 3, 2006, 10:22 PM #247 of 496
I don't care if the whole gimmicky ending thing is being done over and over each episode, it still *works*. I'm so off on all my attempts to call whats going to happen next. I'm honestly surprised at each turn.

I pretty much thought it wasn't going to the be the VP after they gave him up a bit too easily during the course of the episode. Also, during one of the split-screen intros the VP was on his cell phone while Henderson was shown keeping watch for Evelyn (and not on his phone). Wouldn't make sense if the VP wasn't talking to Henderson at such a critical juncture.

Jazz brought up some points about Evelyn not consulting with the First Lady. Why would she consult with the First Lady? She obviously didn't want anyone to know about her daughter for her safety and telling the First Lady (with all her documented mental problems) she'd probably go right into the President's face with it, which would probably kill off the daughter.

I also agree that it was quite possible that Walt didn't know of the President's involvement. He was just taking orders from Henderson. Henderson was willing to let his wife be shot to hide the President's involvement, if it was something that Walt didn't need to know, Henderson wouldn't have told him.

FELIPE NO

| blog | last.fm | chocojournal = unnecessary |

Last edited by Rollins; Apr 4, 2006 at 01:07 AM.
Talbain
Quilty as Charged

Member 19

Level 10.84

Feb 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 05:30 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 10:30 PM #248 of 496
Spoiler:
All things considered, Walt Cummings was very low on the totem pole. You would figure this explains quite a few of the day's contrivances, to be honest. Nothing was going to be accomplished with the airport situation until Jack Bauer, the intangible, was inserted. Logan was going to go along with Walt Cummings until Jack burst in, and Logan invited jack to stick around so that he would eventually get killed. He also pretty much let the terrorists have the Russians, but I'm not sure if that was his plan. Logan has an axe to grind with both Bauer and ex-President Palmer, remember. The only thing that I was not sure about was the extent of his involvement, as in whether or not he intended the gas to be released on US soil. He orchestrated the plan to get the gas out of the country, but I doubt he wanted it to stay in the US. Therefore, he was only involved up to the point in the gas going missing, and now with the kidnapping to protect his ass. Henderson was also NOT INVOLVED with the Russians getting pissed and wanting to release the gas, he was just trying to get it out of the country, same as Logan. Now that the B-Story (the gas being released in the US) is over and done with, the story will now shift BACK to corruption in the White House and finding proof of who set this all up. If the gas left to go to Russia, then we'd be missing half the season, but the problem would still be there.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Tascar
Carob Nut

Member 2305

Level 4.40

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 06:00 PM #249 of 496
I think it's also important to remember that we have yet to see the entire "plot" as a whole. Also, pretty much everyone involved in this plot has at most a link to one other person involved in this scheme and so there is still alot of unknowns about motivations, etc. My guess is that it's just impossible at this point to come to any conclusion at the moment.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Spike
Good Chocobo

Member 642

Level 17.36

Mar 2006

Old Apr 4, 2006, 06:11 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2006, 04:11 PM #250 of 496
Recently. She said that they had just called her and told her that they had her daughter.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > 24 Season 5 Discussion