Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

What happens next?
Closed Thread

justkelly
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12226

Level 2.50

Sep 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 11:42 AM #1 of 14
What happens next?

We all know that the terrorism attacks on 9/11 have sort of forced Americans into a panic-mode. It seems as though they will eventually do more damage, judging by their attempt at making bombs from simple things such as sports bottles and drinks. I don't know about you, but when I heard about this, I felt unsafe particularly because the bombs were made from simple, everyday things.

America really cannot determine what will happen or when it will happen or even if something will happen again at all. Hell, they can't even find Osama. So, as an American citizen, do you fear that something will happen for the 5 year 9/11 anniversary? Or do you not even care? or what? I'd like to know your opinions.

Most amazing jew boots
Meth
I'm not entirely joking.

Member 565

Level 26.04

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:03 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 11:03 AM #2 of 14
Why live in fear over anything? You can "what if" anything. Your chances of dying in an non-terror related incident are much greater than your chances of being on a hijacked plane. You should worry more about dying in a car crash, or drowning in your bathtub. Also, why would any terrorist with half a brain decide to attack on Sept 11th when people are amped on heightening security?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
justkelly
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 12226

Level 2.50

Sep 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:13 PM #3 of 14
I agree, I don't think you should live your life in fear. I mean, that is what terrorists aim for, to make you afraid. So, in essence, if you are living in fear, they're winning.

BUT, of course there are people who are scared of what might happen or perhaps they're just afraid because they don't know what is to come.

How ya doing, buddy?
Will
Good Chocobo

Member 4221

Level 18.81

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 01:22 PM #4 of 14
At least this time I'll have a nice view from my apartment in Hoboken.

How can anyone live in fear of death? We all do things within reason to avoid getting seriously injured or killed, but we balance prudence with freedom and convenience. The nature of terrorism is such that the only way to be "completely" safe is to move to the middle of nowhere or hide in a bunker. If you're not going to do that, don't bother worrying because it's not going to make you any less likely to die from a terrorist attack.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
acid
Fighting For Freedom Wherever There's Trouble

Member 643

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Sep 8, 2006, 06:35 PM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 05:35 PM #5 of 14
Originally Posted by justkelly
We all know that the terrorism attacks on 9/11 have sort of forced Americans into a panic-mode. It seems as though they will eventually do more damage, judging by their attempt at making bombs from simple things such as sports bottles and drinks. I don't know about you, but when I heard about this, I felt unsafe particularly because the bombs were made from simple, everyday things.
They made bombs using complex chemicals. they didn't make a goddamn bomb out of Lemon-Lime Gatorade. They tried to stick it in a inconspicuous bottle. You shouldn't be any more alarmed. These are the same bombs they've been making for years, now they just put them in a different container.

I was speaking idiomatically.

GI Joe is the codename for America's highly trained special mission force. Its purpose: to defend human freedom against COBRA. A ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.

24 can't jump the shark. Jack Bauer ate the shark long ago. Now 24 can only jump the water, and that doesn't mean anything. - Jazzflight
<Krizzzopolis> acid you are made of win.
<Dissolution> And now my god damn scissors are all milky
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Sep 9, 2006, 12:09 AM Local time: Sep 8, 2006, 10:09 PM #6 of 14
Originally Posted by justkelly

America really cannot determine what will happen or when it will happen or even if something will happen again at all. Hell, they can't even find Osama. So, as an American citizen, do you fear that something will happen for the 5 year 9/11 anniversary? Or do you not even care? or what? I'd like to know your opinions.

No I don't think anything will happen for the fifth anniversary of 9/11, other than people bitching about 9/11 docudramas.

Honestly, I think this terrorism shit is blown a bit out of proportion. Normally I don't give into conspiracy theories, but something just seems awfully fishy about this whole buisness.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Queequeg

Member 2129

Level 1.02

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:46 AM #7 of 14
Quote:
Honestly, I think this terrorism shit is blown a bit out of proportion. Normally I don't give into conspiracy theories, but something just seems awfully fishy about this whole buisness.
Same here. My new coworker is really into conspiracy theories and listens to the Alex Jones radio show every day for three hours. It's hard to sit there and not have some of the stuff they conjecture start to affect you. The Northwoods documents, the thermite (used in millitary demolitions) that BYU professor found at ground zero (and the fact BYU immediately put him on paid leave afterwards), Haliburton, the fishy shit surrounding the Pentagon attack-- I don't know enough to pick a side but the fact that the conspiracy theory has such impressive evidentiary support is scary. The motive's there, the means, the precedents... damn.

Anyway, if there's going to be a terrorist attack tomorrow - government directed or not - you can bet they'll make a movie about it in a few years.

FELIPE NO
Acro-nym
Holy Chocobo

Member 635

Level 32.46

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 11:27 AM #8 of 14
Anyone with conspiracy ideas about 9/11 should check out this site:
http://usinfo.state.gov/xarchives/di...mfuaK0.2676355

I can't predict the future. So, I can't say for certain there won't be any attacks tomorrow. However, I feel it's best not to worry, especially considering such an attack won't mean my death.

How ya doing, buddy?
guyinrubbersuit
The Lotus Eater

Member 628

Level 30.15

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 12:46 PM Local time: Sep 10, 2006, 10:46 AM #9 of 14
Originally Posted by Acro-nym
Anyone with conspiracy ideas about 9/11 should check out this site:
http://usinfo.state.gov/xarchives/di...mfuaK0.2676355

I can't predict the future. So, I can't say for certain there won't be any attacks tomorrow. However, I feel it's best not to worry, especially considering such an attack won't mean my death.

I don't believe any of those. However I do believe that government had previous knowledge of the attacks. Something of this scale simply can't go undetected. It's been said that the intelligence agencies simply failed to communicate, I somehow believe that it was simply ignored so as to allow an excuse for Bush to invade Iraq.

The Bush Administration has always wanted to get at Iraq, and I don't think that the true reason is just oil, probably something else as well. In any event, we probably won't ever know the true answer. And I hope that I'm wrong with the attacks being allowed.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Sep 10, 2006, 03:58 PM Local time: Sep 10, 2006, 03:58 PM #10 of 14
Quote:
Something of this scale simply can't go undetected.
It's not like a plot to detonate a nuclear device or invade a foreign nation, it was a bunch of Durkistanis hijacking planes and flying them into buildings. Something that requires minimal contact in order to plan and orchestrate. If the conspirators don't need to maintain contacts outside of their small cadres it's not a plot on any sort of "large scale." What was large scale, however, was the effects of their plot, and intent isn't something that the CIA can just pick up on with the radio dishes they use to enter your mind and implant commercials for Camble's Soup.

All of this conspiracy shit is fucking ridiculous, and is being perpetrated by people of intelligence who prefer to defame something they detest (the US government) with statements that they know aren't true.

The people that believe this tripe don't understand that if the 9/11 attacks were a part of a government conspiracy, that Al-Qaeda and the Taliban would have to be co-conspirators, or government constructs. Constructs that exist in order to facilitate American control over regions that, by the fact of their already being there would have already made them puppet governments.

The Twin Towers didn't fall because of thermite blowing out support structures, but because they weren't designed to stand up to the heat of slow-burning jet fuel. Ever heard of a missile carrying an incindeiary device?

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Atomic Angel
myspace freak!

Member 12528

Level 3.41

Sep 2006

Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:47 AM #11 of 14
hmmm, since its already passed, i didn't and still don't think they will attack on 9/11. Its kinda of a high alert time, well for my family anyway. i think they'll choose a different day completely, like valintines day or something. but if i'm scared, no. i never really was scared, a little freaked but never scared. I've lived a good life, and I'm happy, so if i die, I just hope its quick.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
sig police say: sig pics over the filesize limit need to be replaced.
MTGNecro
A family man: Be one.

Member 3730

Level 13.52

Mar 2006

Old Sep 21, 2006, 07:05 PM Local time: Sep 21, 2006, 05:05 PM #12 of 14
Originally Posted by Atomic Angel
so if i die, I just hope its quick.
Random spontaneous combustion. If I had a choice on how to go, that would be it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
I forgot my old sig...
BaronBee
Wark!

Member 282

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Oct 19, 2006, 06:59 PM #13 of 14
I understand that terrorism is something that we all must deal and live with. I do not understand why people live in fear of being blown up etc. Live your lives to the fullest, do what you think needs doing, and come what may, you can die a dignified and contributing person.

How ya doing, buddy?
Bradylama
Banned

Member 18

Level 51.14

Feb 2006

Old Oct 20, 2006, 01:31 AM Local time: Oct 20, 2006, 01:31 AM #14 of 14
Ok, dude. That's nice and everything, but don't bump threads with points that have already been made, or implied. Especially threads like this one that've been dead for so long.

I understand the Palace doesn't get as much traffic as it used to, and that this thread may have appeared to be newer than it is, so be sure to pay attention to the dates.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > Political Palace > What happens next?