Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

"you have posted in this thread"

magewarrior
my destiny evades me

Member 1212

Level 4.76

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 05:25 PM #1 of 7
"you have posted in this thread" feature request

Most of you are familiar with this "feature", that is, if you visit other forums. Its a harmless feature that simply lets you know you've already posted in a particular thread, by adding an arrow, or a dot to the icon before each thread, much like when a flame is added to those threads that are "hot". Ive requested this once before, and was greeted with "requires too much bandwith" and so forth. However I think we can part with something else that requires too much bandwith, thats not used much here, and replace it with this feature. I have heard that there are other ways in wich you can see what threads youve already particapated in, but this is a much easier method. Again this is just a suggestion, so please refer from flaming, I would appreciate it. It doesnt need to be added if bobo decides otherwise, but I think it would be a great if not helpful feature if added. Thanks.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by magewarrior; Mar 25, 2006 at 10:06 AM.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 06:33 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 03:33 PM #2 of 7
Personally, I think this would be more useful than a stupid flaming icon. Who cares that a thread has more than X number of posts? Just look at the number of replies to the side.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
NYRSkate
Happy Hour in Hell's Sports Bar

Member 4

Level 18.19

Feb 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 06:38 PM #3 of 7
This is actually a part of the default option set, but it was switched off because it's a very server-intensive feature. I could switch it on between like 5-7 AM on Mondays if you want.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
<Mercarios> I voted for hut hut, because it's a superior track, but you gotta draw a line between having fun and going too far
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 08:18 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 06:18 PM #4 of 7
magewarrior, why don't you just turn on the option that allows you to subscribe to any thread you make a post in? Then you get a little icon for every thread you post in.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
and Brandy does her best to understand
JasonTerminator
Sup staypuft.

Member 1276

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 08:40 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 06:40 PM #5 of 7
Originally Posted by magewarrior
Ive requested this once before, and was greeted with "requires too much bandwith" and so forth. However I think we can part with something else that requires too much bandwith, thats not used much here, and replace it with this feature.
Yeah, but then we'll have people bitching that we removed that feature and want it back instead.

You can never win.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:02 PM Local time: Mar 18, 2006, 08:02 PM #6 of 7
Originally Posted by NYRSkate
This is actually a part of the default option set, but it was switched off because it's a very server-intensive feature. I could switch it on between like 5-7 AM on Mondays if you want.
If it could be made so that this reads from a cache that only updates once a day, that would be good enough for me.

How ya doing, buddy?
TRZD
i'm rappity rappin'

Member 391

Level 9.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 19, 2006, 02:54 PM Local time: Mar 19, 2006, 08:54 PM #7 of 7
Originally Posted by JasonTerminator
Yeah, but then we'll have people bitching that we removed that feature and want it back instead.

You can never win.
I can't see why anyone would complain about the flaming folders being removed though, it should be obvious enough to see the most popular threads by, uh, the number of posts?

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > "you have posted in this thread"