Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Circle-K
Do it to it!

Member 3124

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:47 AM #1 of 5
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is a manga series by Hirohiko Araki, who also wrote other manga such as Baoh and Mashonen B.T. It's currently on the seventh series (Steel Ball Run) and is still going.

Personally, I've only read the entire third series (Stardust Crusaders, which introduces Stands), most of the fifth series, and part of the sixth series. The third series has just started being licensed by Viz in America, and Volume 3 (which is actually vol. 15 in Japan) just released on March 7.

The anime series (which is based on the third series), I thought, wasn't that good, since it doesn't really follow the story to a "T" like I think it should. Still mostly an entertaining watch, though.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:56 PM Local time: Mar 16, 2006, 06:56 PM #2 of 5
I really am impressed that JoJo's got licensed, considering the extreme length of the manga. The thing that bugs me is how these companies are licensing random parts of long series (since you said it's the thrid series that's being published here). Mythical Detective Loki and God Child/Count Cain are other examples where the manga is brought over in mid-storyline, without the preceding series to help explain the one published in the US.

I've always wanted to play the video game (Dreamcast) for this series. The whole "Stand" concept seemed interesting, and I love fighting games anyways. Plus the random musical references seem great.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Summonmaster
The best exploding rabbit user there is.

Member 695

Level 43.57

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:09 PM #3 of 5
I liked playing the PS fighting game, with all the wacky stand moves and everything. The Mariah character intrigues me with her "What Are You Thinking?" move (aka. "Boob Shrapnel"). Midler is lots of fun with her High Priestess and Car summoning.
I also wanted to try watching the anime/manga although I figured it was so old that I couldn't find it anywhere if I looked for it.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
chato
Prime Spark

Member 232

Level 39.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:24 PM #4 of 5
this seems like an awesome story.. i only started to like them when i played Jump Superstars. Jotaro is like a god in the game if you know how to use him with combos and a super move. other than that.. i should check this out.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Circle-K
Do it to it!

Member 3124

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Mar 17, 2006, 07:47 AM #5 of 5
I have the PS1/ DC games and the PS2 game based on series 5, as well. In fact, that's how I even found out about the manga in the first place (I had originally thought these characters were Capcom's property, until I looked at a JoJo fansite).

I got the scanlations of certain series like 3 and 5, so I've read both those series. Same with part six and part of SBR. I'm still buying the novels as they come out, though, just to hopefully support Viz enough to where they will release the first two series here.

That reminds me, there's a new game based on Part 1 or 2 coming out (I forget which one) and a new movie based on Part 1 coming out too. Looking forward to those if they ever hit here.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > JoJo's Bizarre Adventure