Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Movie] Sonic Animated series (SATAM) coming to DVD in March!

SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 11:39 PM Local time: Feb 26, 2007, 11:39 PM #26 of 34
I'll probably find myself waiting at a store til opening hours to snag my copy of SatAM, assuming the Wal-Mart down here doesn't get it. In that case, I just have to go wait til midnight for them to officially let me buy it. It's been some time since I watched the entire series, so I can't remember everything from every episode, but that'll change in less than 24 hours after I get it.

Same goes for Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.

I don't care what people say, I want a Sonic Underground box set released. As cheesy as it was, I enjoyed it. I actually woke up at 5:45am on school mornings to make sure I would catch it on Sci-Fi at 6am (they used to have some BKN network that was kinda like, well, whatever they have now). Unfortunately, Monster Rancher knocked it off the way Power Rangers knocked SatAM off the air. At least PR was worth watching, unlike Monster Rancher.

So, yeah, I want Sonic Underground, so I can have the ultimate collection complete (already have the OVA and am missing only the last Sonic X DVD).

There's nowhere I can't reach.
DarkDraco911
Veteran Ninja

Member 426

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 02:42 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 02:42 PM #27 of 34
most excellent. I'll definetly be getting that
If I can find it, I'll get it too.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Feb 27, 2007, 07:00 PM Local time: Feb 27, 2007, 04:00 PM #28 of 34
Sonic Underground DID have a DVD box set released. But I guess its only region 2.

http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Undergro.../dp/B0002XOYSY

I only watched SU just to hear Jaleel White as Sonic to bring back SATAM nostalgia, lack of dose from Satam made me sad.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

{ :: ~ Air - the 1000th Summer ~ :: }

:: That sea went on forever, into the blue distance ::
* That road went on forever, continuing straight ahead *

~ : Summer comes again, shining silver : ~
: When I close my eyes, suddenly I can see that day's blue sky :
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 06:26 AM Local time: Mar 20, 2007, 03:26 AM #29 of 34
NEWS! There are reports that some fans got their SATAM DVD sets at Best Buy already, seems like they released earlier than most retails.

So if there's a Best Buy Near you, go check out to see if the DVD is out!

I was speaking idiomatically.

SimDaddyGT
Rage Prower

Member 92

Level 23.72

Mar 2006

Old Mar 20, 2007, 12:35 PM Local time: Mar 20, 2007, 12:35 PM #30 of 34
That guy is so getting banned, by an actual admin, that is.

Anyway, back on topic. It looks like I'll be waiting a few extra days before I can get my copy. I'm moving somewhere else for a month, and I won't have a way to get anywhere on the release date. I'll probably have to wait til next weekend before I can get it, when I go pick up my copy of the 2nd Sonic graphic novel... which reminds me... Archie better hurry the fuck up with my order I made last week.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2007, 04:55 PM #31 of 34
Got the box set from UPS today and damn does it bring back memories. Also, the artwork they did for the dvd boxes, cases, even the dvd's themselves...I'm just amazed they did that. It's so great. I'd rather not tell you what it is since the DVD isn't really supposed to come out until tomorrow (Amazon was a day early for me), but whoever was in charge of designs did a good job. Oh, Ken Penders for the cover and Emily Johnson for everything else. Great job!

9 and a half hours of running time it says. Welp, guess I'd better start watching.

FELIPE NO
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2007, 06:24 PM Local time: Mar 27, 2007, 03:24 PM #32 of 34
The artwork, aside from the cover, are done by FANS of the show. There was a fanart contest back then for the DVD.

Anyone mind taking a few photos of the set so I can see which fanart made it to the boxset? My boyfriend is buying it, and seeing as around next year we're gonna be living together, we wanna avoid getting duplicate copies of DVDs or games, and we so far are long distance.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Kairi Li; Mar 27, 2007 at 06:33 PM.
SuperSonic
True_Blue

Member 163

Level 40.01

Mar 2006

Old Mar 27, 2007, 07:56 PM #33 of 34
I just didn't want to give it away because I thought the DVD actually came out tomorrow...but I had gotten my dates mixed with a certain OST. It really did come out today. My bad.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Kairi Li
Misuzu

Member 1088

Level 32.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2007, 02:41 AM Local time: Mar 28, 2007, 11:41 PM #34 of 34
Ok, whoever has the DVD has to tell me this, anything interesting in the interviews with Ben Hurst and Jaleel White?

If you upload the videos, even better.

Oh lord if someone can just upload the whole damn DVD I would be grateful, I'm not gonna buy the set because of the above reasons from the previous post. Or at least one episode so I can check out the quality (One with alot of Sally!) , all the easter eggs and extra features.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Last edited by Kairi Li; Mar 29, 2007 at 03:19 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Movie] Sonic Animated series (SATAM) coming to DVD in March!