Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Question] The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2012: Results now in!

Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:07 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2013, 08:07 PM #26 of 32
It is ridiculously appreciated. The core group of votes might dwindle, but it's still very nice to have an area where everyone throws down some thoughts. Despite us all sharing this hobby, many of us don't get a chance to discuss with each other. I see Tritoch and GB on Live, we use like every medium, Angel on AIM, Philia on backloggery, and CHz in chat. It's still very nice to have something where we can all put it in one spot. <3

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Radez
Holy Chocobo

Member 2915

Level 31.81

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:10 PM 3 #27 of 32
Being down 11% is a glass half-empty perspective. Why don't you consider it that you slowed your decline by over 50%. That's nothing to sneeze at. Also, do some deeper analysis of your data. Who were the participants in the prior years. How many repeat customers, and how many new ones? Also, in raw terms, you're looking at year over year decline of 8, 7, 6, and 2. That is significant too.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:22 PM Local time: Jan 13, 2013, 10:22 PM #28 of 32
Radez, stop talking such sweet, sweet nothings. You're giving me a half chub.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
OmagnusPrime
Flipping cups since 2014

Member 423

Level 39.65

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:38 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2013, 05:38 PM #29 of 32
Also, in raw terms, you're looking at year over year decline of 8, 7, 6, and 2. That is significant too.
It's actually 12, 7, 6, 2 as a pattern, and whilst it's true the loss is down (even as a percentage) it is still a continuation of the downwards trend when there was a very real cash-based incentive to try and drive numbers up.

More importantly the real issue is that due to such low overall numbers one or two votes can completely change the whole landscape of the results. I would need to crunch actual numbers, but I'm reasonably certain that due to the spread of votes there's no significance to the results - they don't mean anything.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:45 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2013, 07:45 PM 2 #30 of 32
Don't be disheartened by the lower turnout mate, it's still something worth doing. You only have to look at how the perceived industry A+ games are absent from here (CoD, Halo) to see that this is still a diverse community in terms of taste and this event gives people a chance to see what more obscure things other people dig, especially useful for someone like me who tends to buy games a year or more after they come out. It's not the results that matter, it's the posts with nominations in that are the important bit.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:49 PM Local time: Jan 14, 2013, 12:49 PM #31 of 32
Even though I never post in these threads, I still enjoy them every year. As all of chat likes to make fun of me for, I don't buy anything for more than $5, so it's a great way for me to see what games people actually enjoyed all the way through and what fizzled after a few days of playtime. I've definitely gotten a few recommendations for games I've wound up buying and enjoying that I wouldn't have been exposed to otherwise.

How ya doing, buddy?
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Apr 3, 2013, 10:27 PM Local time: Apr 4, 2013, 11:27 AM #32 of 32
Ah, I forgot about this thread! I was looking for good games from last year that I want to get, and it's great that I can get to play what GFF enjoyed playing. Because screw gaming sites, it's better if I get the info from the community I know.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Tags
at the same damn time, lmao gb, lmao nutty, lmao tritoch, throwing two names out

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Question] The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2012: Results now in!