Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 232 Voting/WEEK 233 Nominating

orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:29 PM #1 of 19
Song of the Week - WEEK 232 Voting/WEEK 233 Nominating

Song of the Week. 225 Weeks and counting.
Week 232 Voting is closed.
Week 233 Nominating is open.

Results:
1). [17] The Adventure of Hourai High School! Tenkousei Scramble (Game Rip) - Dungeon
2). [15] DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU Original Sound Track - Dividing Road of Fate (Stage2-Obverse)
3). [12] Ridge Laser - Had gripped
4). [10] Xenoblade Original Soundtrack - Colony 9
5). [8] Stella Deus Original Soundtrack - Main Battle Theme
6). [4] Time Commando (Red Book Audio) - Main Theme
7-t). [3/2] MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries (Game Rip) - Background Music 9
7-t). [3/2] Sekien no Inganock Preorder Bonus Original Soundtrack - Right hand from behind

Tracks:
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU Original Sound Track - Dividing Road of Fate (Stage2-Obverse)
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries (Game Rip) - Background Music 9
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Ridge Laser - Had gripped
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Sekien no Inganock Preorder Bonus Original Soundtrack - Right hand from behind
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Stella Deus Original Soundtrack - Main Battle Theme
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: The Adventure of Hourai High School! Tenkousei Scramble (Game Rip) - Dungeon
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Time Commando (Red Book Audio) - Main Theme
Get the Flash Player to play this audio file: Xenoblade Original Soundtrack - Colony 9

Voting Rules:
Voters must distribute 6 points among the 8 nominees, giving points to at least 3 songs, giving no song more than 3 points, and giving no more than one of their choices 3 points. Possible ways of voting include:
Spoiler:
"Traditional"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.

"Even Stevens"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 2 pts.

"Tough Decision"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 2 pts.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Nomination Bias"
Song1 - 3 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.

"Indecisive"
Song1 - 2 pts.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.

"Shotgun Spread"
Song1 - 1 pt.
Song2 - 1 pt.
Song3 - 1 pt.
Song4 - 1 pt.
Song5 - 1 pt.
Song6 - 1 pt.

Notes:
Please remember to upload your nominations to the SotW server! Uploaded noms mean a faster, smoother SotW experience for everyone. Server information:
Spoiler:
* Host: ftp.sotw.info
* Username: nominations@sotw.info (that is the actual username; not an e-mail address)
* Password: gff
* Port: 21

Week 233 Nominating:
The Nominations Queue can be found here.
The rules for nominating can be found here.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by THE POWER OF WATER; Nov 2, 2010 at 06:11 PM.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2010, 05:30 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2010, 03:30 PM #2 of 19

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2010, 05:46 PM #3 of 19
Wow, we're on a Basiscape kick all of a sudden. Two of 'em this week and now another! And here I thought the SotW crowd didn't care for that sound at all.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2010, 06:12 PM Local time: Nov 2, 2010, 04:12 PM #4 of 19
Basiscape Week, let's do this.

Thinly disguised excuse for nominations by Manabu Namiki? Yes.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 2, 2010, 07:21 PM Local time: Nov 3, 2010, 10:21 AM #5 of 19
Nomination #55

Composer: MANYO
Album: Shirogane no Soleil -Successor of Wyrd- Original Soundtrack
Track Title: Affection ~One Step Beyond Love~
Track Number: 8
Year: 2007
Catalog Number: SF-005
Additional Information: Contest needs more MANYO, again.

FTP ~One Step Beyond H-Game Music~

I was speaking idiomatically.
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Nov 4, 2010, 08:40 PM Local time: Nov 4, 2010, 05:40 PM 1 #6 of 19
Some good new tracks this week. Everything was somewhat enjoyable.

3 points - Stella Deus Original Soundtrack - Main Battle Theme
Short but very sweet. It's unfortunate that this was not featured on the arrange album.

1 point - DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU Original Sound Track - Dividing Road of Fate (Stage2-Obverse)
There are a couple better tracks on this album, but this is a good one.

1 point - Ridge Laser - Had gripped
I love listening to Sano-san. His style is all over this track.

1 point - The Adventure of Hourai High School! Tenkousei Scramble (Game Rip) - Dungeon
Reminds me of Earthbound to a degree. With a slightly different arrangement, it could fit right in.

4 points awarded to the same artist this week. Nice work, Hitoshi! =}

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Chuckster
Put the nostalgia straight into my veins

Member 321

Level 37.00

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:20 AM #7 of 19
Going with a mini-shotgun blast approach this week. Lot of good depth across the board.

(2 points) Ridge Laser - Had gripped
(2 points) Xenoblade Original Soundtrack - Colony 9
(1 point) Stella Deus Original Soundtrack - Main Battle Theme
(1 point) Time Commando (Red Book Audio) - Main Theme

Most amazing jew boots
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 5, 2010, 01:06 PM #8 of 19
DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU Original Sound Track - Dividing Road of Fate (Stage2-Obverse) Nicely synthy shmup-style action. Solid!

MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries (Game Rip) - Background Music 9 I found a MechWarrior song the very first time I came to GFF, back in the waning days of Gamingforce Audio. It was the first track, "Umber Wall," which has long been a special favorite, though I've never really sought out the rest of the OST. This song has the same darkness about it, but lacks the propulsive touch I really liked.

Ridge Laser - Had gripped That's what she said, amirite? Anyhow, the music here combines two of my musical pet peeves: fake analog grain and SFX. So yeah, not digging it at all, sorry.

Sekien no Inganock Preorder Bonus Original Soundtrack - Right hand from behind What is it with the innuendo-laced track titles this week? I guess it's a good way to spice up a militaristic track, but the hypercrazy violins already do that.

Stella Deus Original Soundtrack - Main Battle Theme Stella Deus has a fantabulous soundtrack that's let down by the fact that it's hella incomplete and unlooped. If you're not a fan of the Basiscape SRPG sound there's not much here for you; otherwise it's a fine example of the style (though if I were going to nominate a battle theme I'd choose "Powerful Theme" or "Time of Activity").

The Adventure of Hourai High School! Tenkousei Scramble (Game Rip) - Dungeon Hot on the heels of a piece in Basiscape's comfort zone comes this, which...well, isn't. It sounds like an 80's cartoon theme, and its melody is seriously awesome. I love the Basiscape SRPG sound dearly, but I do wish Saki and the boys would write more stuff like this and Opoona from time to time.

Time Commando (Red Book Audio) - Main Theme Anything with a digeridoo can't be all bad. Add in some nice choral accents and light rock elements, and you've got a nice effect. Melody could be stronger, though.

Xenoblade Original Soundtrack - Colony 9 The Xenoblade OST was like a treadmill of disappointment: learning that Mitsdude was involved then finding out he did one stinking track, finding out Shimomura was involved then finding out she did eight stinking tracks (not to diminish the other composers, who generally did a good job). But it was all worth it for this propulsive, guitar-heavy piece.

Great week! Points were hard.

The Point Spread
Colony 9 - 3 pts.
Dungeon - 1 pt.
Main Battle Theme - 1 pt.
Dividing Road of Fate - 1 pt.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
isdapi
Forged in the Pain

Member 1534

Level 20.11

Mar 2006

Old Nov 7, 2010, 01:18 PM Local time: Nov 7, 2010, 08:18 PM #9 of 19
<<3 Points>> Ridge Laser - Had gripped
<<2 Points>> The Adventure of Hourai High School! Tenkousei Scramble (Game Rip)
<<1 Point>> DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU Original Sound Track - Dividing Road of Fate (Stage2-Obverse)

Darkcomet72
NO ESCAPE

Member 1216

Level 44.27

Mar 2006

Old Nov 7, 2010, 11:45 PM #10 of 19
Next nomination:

Album: Freedom Fighters Original Soundtrack
Composer: Jesper Kyd
Track: Isabella - Leader of the Resistance
Track #: 04
Catalog #: NANOCD01
Year: 2003
Source: NANOCD01 | Freedom Fighters Original Soundtrack - VGMdb
Additional info: hey guys

Uploading to FTP.

-----------------------------

Additional Spam:

3 points: Dungeon
1 point: Had Gripped
1 point: Sakimoto Autopilot
1 point: Dividing Row of Fate (Stage2-Observe)
Just missed: Right hand from behind, Background Music 9

The generic j-pop-like melody that starts off Dividing Row is so jarring compared to the rest of the tune (and the rest of the soundtrack, for that matter). It makes listening to the entire thing different, which is a shame since as the rest of the track is top notch.

Hell yeah Dungeon has arrived; one of the best tracks from one of the best Sakimoto scores noone's heard about. This was a potential nom of mine (either this or that ridiculous boss theme), and seeing it here makes me so glad that I forgot to nominate something for this week.

Great week btw.

Last edited by Darkcomet72; Nov 8, 2010 at 12:17 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Muzza
love me

Member 3476

Level 53.02

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2010, 01:25 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2010, 04:25 PM #11 of 19
2 points: Sekien no Inganock Preorder Bonus Original Soundtrack - Right hand from behind
2 points: The Adventure of Hourai High School! Tenkousei Scramble (Game Rip) - Dungeon
1 point: DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU Original Sound Track - Dividing Road of Fate (Stage2-Obverse)
1 point: Time Commando (Red Book Audio) - Main Theme

My perception of Sakimoto Autopilot:

However in "Dungeon" he is bitchin', more of that please sir.

I'm not a fan of Xenoblade's soundtrack (save "Gaur Plains") and "Colony 9" is no exception. It sounds much smaller than it should and has an irksome violin element; Shimomura must have been preoccupied with Last Ranker, which is fair enough.

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2010, 04:46 AM Local time: Nov 8, 2010, 02:46 AM #12 of 19
3 points: The Adventure of Hourai High School! Tenkousei Scramble (Game Rip) - Dungeon
2 points: Ridge Laser - Had gripped
1 point: DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU Original Sound Track - Dividing Road of Fate (Stage2-Obverse)

Any time I'm suffering from a bout of Sakimoto hate for some reason, I just turn on Hourai High School and all the rage just melts away. It's the #1 reason I prefer his earlier, pre-PSX works to his later ones (although Valkryia Chronicles made that comparison a lot closer).

The stage 1 theme from Daifukkatsu is one of my favorite Cave tunes ever; it's oddly somber and emotional for Namiki in a fantastic way. Azusa Chiba is unfortunately not Manabu Namiki, but she did a good job, especially after 0:24 (seconding the "what"ness of that intro melody).

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Djinova
Why didn't he just...

Member 2441

Level 23.28

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2010, 05:35 AM #13 of 19
[2] DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU Original Sound Track - Dividing Road of Fate (Stage2-Obverse): time to get this soundtrack if so many people claim this one is just half as good as the rest?
[1] Ridge Laser - Had gripped
[1] Sekien no Inganock Preorder Bonus Original Soundtrack - Right hand from behind
[1] Stella Deus Original Soundtrack - Main Battle Theme
[1] Xenoblade Original Soundtrack - Colony 9

How ya doing, buddy?
TheKnightOfNee
Rope Snake

Member 9705

Level 32.27

Jul 2006

Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:07 AM #14 of 19
3 points - The Adventure of Hourai High School! Tenkousei Scramble (Game Rip) - Dungeon
2 points - DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU Original Sound Track - Dividing Road of Fate (Stage2-Obverse)
1 point - Ridge Laser - Had gripped

had nominate

Game/album: Base Wars - Cyber Stadium Series (Game Rip)
Artist: Hell if I know, someone from Konami
Track Title: In-game Music A
Track #: 1
Year: 1991
Additional Info: I'm having no luck finding anything on this. The rip has no titles for the tracks, so I made that up myself. The song does play during the main gameplay part, and other songs play during other segments of gameplay, and there's some I have no idea when they play. It can also be found in the game's sound test under "BGM 00". I also sometimes see the title and subtitle swapped, it's never clear which is first. As for the composer, I dunno.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Duck King
erryday im QUACKIN'

Member 10923

Level 29.90

Aug 2006

Old Nov 8, 2010, 12:32 PM Local time: Nov 8, 2010, 07:32 PM #15 of 19
2 points: The Adventure of Hourai High School! Tenkousei Scramble (Game Rip) - Dungeon
2 points: Time Commando (Red Book Audio) - Main Theme
1 point: MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries (Game Rip) - Background Music 9
Just missed: Had gripped

Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2010, 06:32 PM Local time: Nov 9, 2010, 07:32 AM #16 of 19
Quick votes:

(2 points) Xenoblade Original Soundtrack - Colony 9

(2 points) MechWarrior 2 - Mercenaries (Game Rip) - Background Music 9
"Umber Wall" was nominated for SotW before but I don't believe it did well points-wise, as with another MechWarrior nomination from the main game.

(1 point) Ridge Laser - Had gripped

(1 point) DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU Original Sound Track - Dividing Road of Fate (Stage2-Obverse)

Stella Deus nearly got a point.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
I think therefore I am... I think.
orion_mk3

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Nov 8, 2010, 07:43 PM #17 of 19
Album: Mass Effect Bonus Tracks
Composer: Richard Jacques
Track: Mass Effect Bonus Track 2 (The Ice Planet)
Track #: 02
Catalog #: n/a
Year: 2007
Source: Composer's website
Additional info: Composed for, but not used in, the original Mass Effect. It would have appeared in Novaria, obviously.

ZiggyGo
Mountain Chocobo

Member 29067

Level 26.11

Mar 2008

Old Nov 8, 2010, 09:25 PM #18 of 19
3 points: DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU Original Sound Track - Dividing Road of Fate (Stage2-Obverse)
2 points: Xenoblade Original Soundtrack - Colony 9
1 point: Stella Deus Original Soundtrack - Main Battle Theme

THE POWER OF WATER

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2010, 05:05 AM Local time: Nov 9, 2010, 03:05 AM #19 of 19
Voting is closed! Next week is battle time♪

1). [17] The Adventure of Hourai High School! Tenkousei Scramble (Game Rip) - Dungeon
2). [15] DO-DON-PACHI DAI-FUKKATSU Original Sound Track - Dividing Road of Fate (Stage2-Obverse)
3). [12] Ridge Laser - Had gripped
4). [10] Xenoblade Original Soundtrack - Colony 9
5). [8] Stella Deus Original Soundtrack - Main Battle Theme
6). [4] Time Commando (Red Book Audio) - Main Theme
7-t). [3/2] MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries (Game Rip) - Background Music 9
7-t). [3/2] Sekien no Inganock Preorder Bonus Original Soundtrack - Right hand from behind

Undertale (PC, 2015)

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > [SotW] Song of the Week - WEEK 232 Voting/WEEK 233 Nominating