Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Props and the Consert Hall

No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2010, 10:52 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2010, 09:52 AM #26 of 45
hehe. all those hundreds of props within 2 weeks made me actually somewhat dizzy and i almost got addicted (the number of props reflecting my level of XYZ) to it *ggg* so if ne1 needs to call me names ..begin with my nick

(victimized & R.I.P)
Clearly CH was the best of us.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2010, 11:53 AM Local time: Aug 8, 2010, 09:53 AM 1 #27 of 45
I'd say that every concert hall prop extends lousy's ban time for another hour.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2010, 12:34 PM 2 #28 of 45
hehe. all those hundreds of props within 2 weeks made me actually somewhat dizzy and i almost got addicted (the number of props reflecting my level of XYZ) to it *ggg* so if ne1 needs to call me names ..begin with my nick

(victimized & R.I.P)
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to tell me.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Zephyrin
OOOHHHHhhhhhh YEEEEAAAAHHHHhhhh~!!!1

Member 933

Level 36.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 8, 2010, 02:05 PM Local time: Aug 8, 2010, 12:05 PM 1 #29 of 45
What's up with the CH'ers editing their posts? Are they really that finicky?

Edit: I drink cold, tall glasses of scrotum juice daily

I was speaking idiomatically.
Dr. Uzuki
Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman shall be allowed to participate in the film

Member 1753

Level 37.97

Mar 2006

Old Aug 9, 2010, 03:08 AM Local time: Aug 9, 2010, 12:08 AM 3 1 #30 of 45
Guys, listen, hush up. These are two worlds that can coexist by simple non-observation. I had hoped by my pleasantries that we could float over the actual politics of the CH. You've all just shattered my faith. How you sleep at night is anybody's guess.

I still don't see anything wrong with the original suggestions, other than I misspelled concert.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

so they may learn the glorious craft of acting from the dear leader
Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2010, 06:35 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2010, 12:35 PM 7 #31 of 45
Clearly the most important step to take here is for anyone whose chocopie shows CH as their primary posting destination needs to be prohibited from editing their own posts.

Secondly those same people need their prop totals reset to zero.

Thirdly we remove the prop button in CH and replace it with a massive picture of a cock that you have to stroke repeatedly to access the content of the post.

This, I believe, will be a satisfactory solution for everyone.

FELIPE NO
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:26 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2010, 09:26 AM 2 #32 of 45
Clearly the most important step to take here is for anyone whose chocopie shows CH as their primary posting destination needs to be prohibited from editing their own posts.
Usergroup "CH Asshole" up and ready to rock. These two assclowns are already part of it.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:45 AM Local time: Aug 10, 2010, 04:45 PM 1 #33 of 45
While we're talking about props, can we hide the props for the staff room or whatever that place is called? They don't appear on the complete prop page, but they do show up in the little prop window on the main page, and everytime it happens it's like a collective brag that we're not members of your secret gang. Usually we can just leave you to it.

In this day and age I don't know why there isn't complete transparency anyway.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:54 AM 4 #34 of 45
I can't believe this thread is still going. Oh and that people actually expect CHz to take up your silly requests. Why would he do that? Watching you whine about trivial shit (the mod hut props for instance) is way funnier, and probably a lot easier. Fixing these things to suit your needs would kill the funny. Basically it's like this:

YouTube Video

That's you guys on the right, CHz on the left.

#654: Braixen

Last edited by Tails; Aug 10, 2010 at 11:04 AM.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:05 AM #35 of 45
I can't believe this thread is still going. Oh and that people actually expect CHz to take up your silly requests. Why would he do that? Watching you whine about trivial shit (the mod hut props for instance) is way funnier, and probably a lot easier. Fixing these things to suit your needs would kill the funny.
You say as you prop 3 posts in the Hut purely to piss people off. I agree, props in the Mod Hut shouldn't show up on the front page, it's obnoxious to those who can't see the posts. If I see a prominent member has been propped, I generally check to see the post, because it's probably worth reading. If most of our members can't see the post, what's the point in telling them?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:18 AM 2 #36 of 45
Or you could, you know read the forums. That's the real problem here. You want the five latest posts and the latest props page to tell you everything that's going on so you don't actually bother viewing or reading all the threads. Then people of course wonder what's with the lack of activity. It surely wouldn't have anything to do with people wanting the convenience of just reading a few propped posts (OMG SO FUNNY) and then rolling out.

Also those were worthwhile posts in the Hut I never got around to properly doing, thank you very much.

E: In addendum, this whole thing is dumb because initially it was conceived that the prop system in CH was an acceptable substitute to all the empty thank you posts, and now that several people (and by several I mean what, a grand total of THREE?) have taken to abusing this suddenly we should punish all of them. Oh no my 50 prop long recent list is full of CH posts, ;___;

I don't have a problem with dealing with/singling out boosen/lousy/Frolov but everything else suggested here is just pedantic whining hth

ee: Consert Hall?

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Tails; Aug 10, 2010 at 11:23 AM.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:22 AM #37 of 45
Or you could, you know read the forums. That's the real problem here. You want the five latest posts and the latest props page to tell you everything that's going on so you don't actually bother viewing or reading all the threads. Then people of course wonder what's with the lack of activity. It surely wouldn't have anything to do with people wanting the convenience of just reading a few propped posts (OMG SO FUNNY) and then rolling out.
Actually no. To quote myself from the Mod Hut (where I was told I was nuts):

Originally Posted by nuttyturnip
I'm on the fence about "Latest 5 posts". On the one hand, it's useful to see new activity, but they also become a self-fulfilling prophecy. The theads listed there get the most activity, and people don't bother to actually look in forums for other new posts (I'm guilty of this too).

Tails
MY STICK

Member 104

Level 55.36

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:24 AM #38 of 45
Protip: Five latest props is the same thing, only with thumbs instead of words.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:30 AM #39 of 45
Yes, I was aware of that. You're getting after folks for relying on props instead of browsing forums, and I'm saying the same principle is true for Most Recent Posts. It was a handy thing when we had dozens of new posts an hour, but now it stifles activity. If your post isn't getting propped or in the Most Recent, it will probably fall by the wayside.

FELIPE NO
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2010, 05:27 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2010, 11:27 PM 2 #40 of 45
But once you've made five posts, the latest five posts thingy becomes useless. I never look at the latest props thing either because the posts open in new windows which I find annoying.

Also, keeping the Hut props on that thing is important as it reminds the rest of you how great all us mod types are.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kolba
-

Member 446

Level 30.06

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2010, 05:41 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2010, 11:41 PM 3 #41 of 45
Just scrap the entire prop system. Has it actually got any purpose?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2010, 05:51 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2010, 04:51 PM 1 #42 of 45
Just scrap the entire prop system. Has it actually got any purpose?
Yes. Yes it does.

The prop system exists because sometimes an idiotic comment doesn't need a full reply. Sometimes all you need is a nice reminder their idea/comment/life outlook is stupid.

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Aug 10, 2010, 06:14 PM Local time: Aug 10, 2010, 03:14 PM 11 1 #43 of 45
Or, like Captain Tridegree up there, you can reply to the post and diss it at the same time, thus doubly registering your dissatisfaction.

At Gamingforce, we strive to provide you, the user, with as many avenues as possible of telling other people they have fucked up now.

Most amazing jew boots
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Maris
pussy violat0r

Member 25507

Level 19.75

Oct 2007

Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:03 PM Local time: Sep 24, 2012, 10:03 PM 4 #44 of 45
*bump*

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:26 PM Local time: Sep 26, 2012, 10:26 PM 1 #45 of 45
Hahahaha, can we re-instate the awards this year so I can nominate that for post of the year?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Support > Board Support > Props and the Consert Hall