Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

So what are you listening to lately?

Sarag
Fuck yea dinosaurs

Member 748

Level 53.85

Mar 2006

Old May 14, 2014, 10:09 PM 3 #1 of 10
So what are you listening to lately?

5. We don't do the "What are you listening to...?" threads.
They're essentially spam, and don't promote much, if any, discussion. We tried it; it failed. Be more creative than that.
F U MILES YOU AIN'T THE BOSS OF ME

Lately I've been listening to public radio! They play classical music during the day, and jazz at night, it's pretty rad. One time I heard them play an orchestral arrangement of the Legend of Zelda music!

How ya doing, buddy?
nabhan
Good Chocobo

Member 679

Level 17.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2014, 06:01 PM Local time: Jul 4, 2014, 07:01 PM #2 of 10
How old is that rule? Spam is the last thing to worry about on the boards. Got this on repeat.

YouTube Video

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Little Brenty Brent Brent
Bulk's not everything. You need constant effort, too.

Member 235

Level 46.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 4, 2014, 07:50 PM Local time: Jul 4, 2014, 05:50 PM 3 #3 of 10
Old enough that Miles was still around the forums and not just tweeting about how much he loves his girlfriend who thinks she is a fox (he also thinks he is a fox).

I've been listening to SHOVEL KNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

How ya doing, buddy?
Silv

Member 8081

Level 5.27

Jun 2006

Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:18 AM Local time: Jul 9, 2014, 04:18 PM #4 of 10
I've been happily discovering 'new' bands, that is to say new to my eardrums. Qwarky introduced me to Koda, a fantastic trip-hop artist with very ambient and melancholy tunes. Also a band called Husky-something that I can't remember the full name of, it's a horrendously catchy song though.

Last year, I uncovered a little known band, namely "No More Kings" (albums and tracks available on bandcamp I think..) but for a thirty-something like me, they're refreshing and different. Singing about culture from the 80s and nods to Peanuts comics.

Here's their 'most known' one on the Internet, a parody/homage to "The Karate Kid" (1984).
No More Kings - Sweep The Leg (2007)

Most amazing jew boots

"Non-nerdish people are BORING. It's all babies and shoes and kids and cricket."
i am good at jokes
LUCKY!!!

Member 25652

Level 30.58

Oct 2007

Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:16 AM Local time: Jul 9, 2014, 12:16 PM 1 #5 of 10
I had been listening to a lot of LCD Soundsystem and Arctic Monkeys, bands that Denicalis introduced me to. Also A bunch of stuff my mom had on CD that I copied to my phone over the weekend, I helped her organize her ~2000 cd collection in a newly renovated music room of my folks' house. Also my Grateful Dead So Many Roads 5-disc set that I just got out of my boxes that I hadn't opened since moving more than a year ago out of sheer heartache.

But at the present moment, I'm listening to Queen Live at Wembley '86, a 2-disc set that I once owned and had lent to a friend when we were young teenagers (read 13-ish) and had never gotten back, and he told me lately that it had been scrapped at some point in the 18 years between. And so, in memory of those discs I'm giving it another listen all those years later. Awesome recording!

I was speaking idiomatically.

Juggle dammit
Ah! Amoeba
"You mean the movies lied?"

Member 177

Level 31.14

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2014, 09:04 AM Local time: Jul 11, 2014, 09:04 AM #6 of 10
Roll the Dice released a new album last month, so I've been repeat listening it and their previous stuff (again) pretty much non-stop.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Dopefish
I am becoming a turkey.

Member 42

Level 42.28

Mar 2006

Old Jul 11, 2014, 09:07 PM #7 of 10
For the last couple of years Danielle and I started keeping an ear out for good new music and found a few things but no one really on the forefront, seemingly very hipster stuff:

YouTube Video
YouTube Video
YouTube Video

We haven't really put much effort into finding new stuff lately though. Danielle discovered WXRB which plays mainly oldies ('50s-'70s) and doo-wop in the later hours, and I've been listening to that, or my '60s playlist at work. Occasionally when I'm doing chores I'll pop in my earbuds (so Danielle doesn't have to deal with my terrible choices in music) and I'll listen to Metallica, Ride the Lightning or The Black Album. But one of my favorite albums to listen to right now is Crosby, Stills & Nash:

YouTube Video

Most amazing jew boots

YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:42 PM Local time: Jul 16, 2014, 09:42 AM 2 #8 of 10
I like listening to music. This is what I've been listening to lately.

Danny Brown ( y'all never met a nigga like this befo' / eat it from the back, suck on ya toes)

YouTube Video
YouTube Video

Death Grips

YouTube Video
YouTube Video

Cap'n Jazz

YouTube Video
YouTube Video

Swans

YouTube Video
YouTube Video

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
THIEF
Hyde

Member 759

Level 32.36

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2014, 02:00 PM #9 of 10
Dope, I've been listening to a lot of hipster music these days, too. Oh wait, no surprise. My latest interest has been female vocalists. Btw, Lucius is rad.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Jam it back in, in the dark.
nabhan
Good Chocobo

Member 679

Level 17.09

Mar 2006

Old Jul 18, 2014, 03:20 PM Local time: Jul 18, 2014, 04:20 PM #10 of 10
I've been waiting for the Shlohmo and Jeremih EP for like a year and it finally came out yesterday. Shlohmo is a dope 24 year old producer from LA who makes really chill music. Jeremih is the guy responsible for hit singles like "Birthday Sex" and "Put It Down On Me" (lol). But this EP is awesome.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by nabhan; Jul 18, 2014 at 03:31 PM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > So what are you listening to lately?