Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

One night and two days at Disneyland/California Adventure Enough?

Jeff135
Chocobo

Member 1496

Level 9.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:22 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 10:22 PM #1 of 14
One night and two days at Disneyland/California Adventure Enough?

Right now my family and I are trying to decide whether we should spend 2 days with only one night or 3 days with two nights at Disneyland. Would 2 days be enough to experience all the rides and to be able to repeat the ones we really liked a few times?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
*AkirA*
Now you're king of the mountain, but it's all garbage!

Member 468

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:40 AM #2 of 14
I would go with the 3 day package. It would allow you to take your time and enjoy everything there. It alot of stuff to experience, so youll want the most time.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
kat
HUR HUR HUR

Member 152

Level 21.54

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:55 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 10:55 PM #3 of 14
I'd go with 3 days. Depending on how busy the day is, a day for each park (although California Adventure is pretty small, not really much you can cram into an entire day) and the 3rd for just go arounds. I'm sure you'll be properly sick and tired of anything Disney but the 50th Anniversary Fireworks and Mainstreet Parade are worth seeing more than once. But of course, I enjoy a good parade, I don't know aobut other people.

Anahiem is pretty damn boring if you're only sequestered to the Disneyland part. Hell Orange County in general is pretty unexciting, it's too cold to go to the beaches and the only real passtime is shopping. Fashion Island in Newport Beach and South Coast Mall in Costa Mesa are excellent stopping points.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 01:33 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 11:33 PM #4 of 14
My fiancee and I just went there over Christmas (read: busiest time of the year) and we found 2 days more than enough. There just isn't enough in California Adventure to fill a whole day. We did Skies over California and The Tower of Terror 3 times each, did all the other rides we wanted to once, took lots of pictures, looked in all the stores, and still left in time for dinner.

We went to the whole resort for 3 days and we left the first day we were there for relaxing after the travel and for looking around Downtown Disney.

Two days in the parks was plenty for us, but I should say that it is necessary to get Park Hopper tickets if you plan on only spending half a day in California Adventure.

If it's your first time to Disneyland or if you are toting small kids, 3-day passes would probably be better. But if you've been there before, save one of the days just to do non-park things.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
and Brandy does her best to understand
Diversion
Jellicle Cat

Member 68

Level 19.09

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 01:39 AM #5 of 14
I'd go with what Kat said: 1 day, in essence, is not enough for any large park, however for the average visitor, you should be able to hit what you want. It's been years since I've been to a GOOD park outside the one I work at (Cedar Point). 2 days and 1 for finishing.

Most amazing jew boots
Eleo
Banned

Member 516

Level 36.18

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 01:49 AM #6 of 14
But Cedar point is in Sandusky, Ohio...

Anyway, I would go with two full days. You're going to be disappointed trying to have fun with part of a day; you're going to feel rushed and cut off. However, I can easily imagine one being totally bored by the third day of being stuck in Disneyland. I was there many years ago. It's not all that great. (Strangely, I just moved back home from Orlando and didn't take the time to go to Disneyworld once. Dunno why.)

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 04:11 PM #7 of 14
I'm trying to recall which was which when I went there...

Disneyland is pretty average... You can hit up Space Mountain, and the arcade right next to it... They have Mario Kart: Arcade GP at the arcade, which was pretty fun...

Other than that, there really wasn't much to do there.

You're better off going to California Adventure, there's alot more rides that appeal to the older crowd anyway. If you feel like it, try the Park Hopper pass, so you can just keep jumping back and fourth to each of them whenever you feel like it.

FELIPE NO
DeLorean
1.21 GIGAWATTS?!

Member 133

Level 28.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 04:24 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 03:24 PM #8 of 14
If you have kids... go with 3 day package. If you have teenages and up, I got hella bored at the end of the first day.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Arkhangelsk
Good to see you, England

Member 524

Level 28.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 07:34 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 06:34 PM #9 of 14
The last time I was at Disneyland was for Grad Night (about 2.5 years ago), and at that time they closed down a lot of the rides.

But when I was there and everything was running smoothly, a day was actually enough if you make use of the "Fastpass" thing (providing that it's still free like it was four years ago -- I know it's not at Six Flags parks). Hopefully 2 days/1 night is enough, because after this semester when I go home I'm heading off to Disneyland myself, and that's how much time I'll have. I'll probably spend a day in one park and a day in the other, since my mother got us the Flex Pass that gives you a ticket for each park (not the Park Hopper, because it's more expensive).

How ya doing, buddy?
iokcs
Deity Debunker

Member 2977

Level 6.69

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:02 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 07:02 PM #10 of 14
3 days! ive gone 2 days 1 night and it always felt like i needed one more day... maybe even after 3 youll still want another day, but why not, i love disneyland, so 3's my vote... 2 days will be enough to see all that you want. but, like its been said, if you can stand the place, go for 3 if youre gonna get bored after 4 hrs, then do 2...

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Jeff135
Chocobo

Member 1496

Level 9.05

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:53 PM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 08:53 PM #11 of 14
I must have given the impression that I was the father. No no no, it is just my family (ie my mother, father and siblings) are planning the trip. What worries me most is being rushed and only being able to go on some rides once (the lines always were ridiculously long). I am leaning towards 3 days and 2 nights but my parents think that that will be too much.

Anyways, if I do get bored on the 3rd day I'll just go on California Screamin 6 times in a row like I did last time (my cousins and I had a competition )

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Jeff135; Mar 24, 2006 at 10:56 PM.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:29 PM #12 of 14
I did Disneyland in one day. It was an exhausting day but proof that it can be done. And more impressively, I did it during Memorial Day weekend, which, other than Christmas, is Disneyland's busiest time.

If you're smart, you can plan out which rides you'll go on in a pattern. Disney makes this rather easy with the "Timepass" system. You enter your park pass-card and the machine produces an appointment card for the corresponding ride, giving you a 15 minute guaranteed priority. If you come back within 15 minutes of your scheduled ride-time, you can go through a special line and bypass all the regular people.

The catch is that you can't hold appointments for more than one ride at once. But the windows they give you are reasonable and allow for you to do something else while you wait for the time to arrive. An excellent plan is to find an area with two or three attractions you'd like to ride, get the Quickpass for one, then wait in line for the others. By the time you get through the normal line, it'll be time to go priority on the other. Then when both are finished, you're free to begin the process again.

This service is free to all park-goers but you'd be surprised how many people ignore it. My girlfriend and I managed to go on ALL the rides on one day, see all but two attractions (we weren't interested in those two) and do some shopping/eating in between. And this was on Memorial Day weekend, Saturday, recall. So it IS possible if you're good.

My advice would be to get appointments for Indiana Jones, definitely. There are three different "paths" the ride can take and just because you did it once doesn't mean it's the same thing next time around. But the lines for it are always huge. Get the pass for Indy, then go wait in line for the nearby Jungle Cruise thing. It's an amusing, picturesque ride and you get to sit down and relax the entire time.

When I went to Disneyland in 2002, California Adventure had just been finished but wasn't yet open, so I can't offer advice on that place. Area-wise, I know it's sorta small, so you can probably spend half a day there and finish your afternoon and evening at Downtown Disney, which is more enthralling than you may suspect. Also, the cineplex there is air-conditioned and perfect in the sweltering heat. My girlfriend and I saw Star Wars: Episode II for the first time there.

I'd say it CAN be done in 2 days, but you'll be rushing yourselves. 3 days would be ideal so that you don't leave wondering if you missed something really cool.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
BIGWORM
"You're falling behind, mercenary."

Member 378

Level 26.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 24, 2006, 11:47 PM #13 of 14
I last went to Disneyland in Summer 2002--I think at that time California was open for a couple of months. Compared to Disneyland park itself, it's not really worth the time. Yet times at California have probably changed with the past 3 and a half years, so go with caution.

Most amazing jew boots
[ SCHWARZE-5 - Helger Collins ]
BlueMikey
TREAT?!?

Member 12

Level 35.70

Feb 2006

Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:11 AM Local time: Mar 24, 2006, 10:11 PM #14 of 14
Originally Posted by Crash Landon
My advice would be to get appointments for Indiana Jones, definitely. There are three different "paths" the ride can take and just because you did it once doesn't mean it's the same thing next time around. But the lines for it are always huge. Get the pass for Indy, then go wait in line for the nearby Jungle Cruise thing. It's an amusing, picturesque ride and you get to sit down and relax the entire time.
When I was there at Christmas, I noticed that Space Mountain's lines were much more insane than Indiana Jones (Space Mountain was redone last year and so it seems to be hugely popular again). They actually had capped out on the number of FastPasses they would give out for the day around noon (that means that people who applied for a FastPass at noon were told to come back at 11 pm!). Nuts. Indiana Jones had probably the 3rd longest wait time while I was there, after Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. The Haunted Mansion also got long, but that was mostly because they redo the entire ride in a Christmas theme.

For anyone who hasn't been there in a while, they have a new ride based on Toy Story where you sit in a slow moving car and shoot targets on the wall with a laser gun. It is quite relaxing and the lines are generally short, so it ended up being the only thing my fiancee and I went on 3 times. It is like being in a video game, pretty fun.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
and Brandy does her best to understand

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > General Discussion > One night and two days at Disneyland/California Adventure Enough?