Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2008, 02:51 PM #1751 of 1941
Don't thank me, thank the pirates of MMO-champions.
So any race can be a death knight and DAMN again Blizzard does a great job texturing low poly models> WotLK monsters surprise!

FELIPE NO
Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2008, 03:20 PM Local time: May 20, 2008, 01:20 PM #1752 of 1941
Just like with The Burning Crusade, I will most likely be in the alpha in the coming weeks. Naturally I'll be breaking the NDA for you guys whenever I get in.

Most amazing jew boots
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old May 20, 2008, 03:30 PM #1753 of 1941
World of War seems to have thrown out some huge stuff too:

Wrath of the Lich King Models, Spells and Talents (Spoilers) - Unofficial World of Warcraft Forums

A promising enchant indeed: * Enchant Weapon - Lifeward: "Permanently enchant a melee weapon to sometimes heal you. Requires a level 60 or higher item."

Jessy<3 indeed! <3

A few people have pointed out that maybe this "leak" was Blizzard's doing because of Age of Conan being released. I dunno though, since they've been gung-ho about taking stuff off pretty quickly.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2008, 01:50 PM #1754 of 1941
Damnit I cant see that page.
....and fully taste jessykins love!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kagosin
Why don't you look at it.

Member 4108

Level 17.96

Mar 2006

Old May 21, 2008, 02:18 PM #1755 of 1941
Why is Jessykins's name familiar to me when I used to play WoW?

Did she play on any of these servers: Exodar, Balnazzar, or Fenris?

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old May 22, 2008, 02:01 PM Local time: May 22, 2008, 12:01 PM #1756 of 1941
Nope. Been a Hyjal girl since release.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
sup!
sup?

Member 6795

Level 11.34

May 2006

Old May 23, 2008, 05:49 AM Local time: May 23, 2008, 12:49 PM #1757 of 1941
Here's another site dedicated for WotLK leaks: WotLK Information Wiki: WotLK Alpha Official Wiki

Most amazing jew boots
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jun 29, 2008, 04:05 PM #1758 of 1941
Confirmed talents (only a couple to get people started)

Shaman get a crowd control. Hex. Yes it is the same frog spell that you'd get cast on you in ZF and LBRS trolls. Also, shamans totems will be raid-wide instead of just in the party of the shaman. (I assume the same will be for paladins)

The one talent calling for many nerfs... a warrior talent of course... Fury warriors get Titan Grip. You can DUAL WIELD 2h weapons. With something like a 28% speed nerf, of course. But still, that just screams awesome.

I'm sure more and more info will be announced as the WWI is still going on.

Here's a complete(?) list of confirmed talents for the expansion. Confirmed at WWI.

Death Knight

* Developers don't want talent trees to be pigeonholed into specific roles. Each tree will be functional both roles.
* Runes have a 10 second separate cooldown
* Army of the Undead will make players feel like how the Lich King feels when he commands the Scourge to attack
* All races are confirmed to have Death Knights. The Lich King wants them all

Hunter

* Steady Shot will no longer clip Auto Shot, meaning it won't have to be timed, just spammed
* The skill point system of pets will be replaced with Pet Talents, one tree for utility, one tree for tanking and one tree for DPS
* A new ability will make the pet deal extra 20% damage when on 20% health

Mage

* Mage Armor will be reworked to reduce harmful debuff durations
* New ability: Frostfire Bolt. In itself it's not as good as Frostbolt or Fireball, but when the player talents into both Frost and Fire, Frostfire Bolt will be better.
* Devs will make sure Mages are kings of AoE damage, and scaling up their damage to be viable

Shaman

* Totems will affect the entire raid!
* Strength of Earth and Grace of Air will be merged
* Windfury will be changed, so that druids are affected by it too. It's no longer a weaponbuff, but a buff.
* Rockbiter Weapon will be replaced with Earthliving Weapon which increases healing done
* Flametongue Weapon will increase spell damage
* New ability: Hex. Emergency CC spell that leaves movement control for the hexxed player, but is unable to cast spells. 0.5sec casting time, 8-10sec duration

Rogue

* Sap will work on not only humanoid targets, but on pretty much everything that has a brain
* New ability: Fan of Knives. Similar to the Warden spell in Warcraft 3. Short AoE

Warrior

* New talent: Titan Grip is now confirmed. Allows the Warrior to wield Two-Hand weapons in both hands.
* New ability: Shockwave. Helps prot warriors dealing damage
* New talent: Bladestorm. Similar to WC3 spell
* Devs want warriors to feel more like the warriors in Warcraft 3

Warlock

* New talent: transforms the warlock into "Illidan demon form". One of the available spells in demon form is an AoE shadowbolt that can be spammed!
* New ability: Demonic Circle. Small area where the warlock can teleport back into and decreases pet summoning time

Paladin

* Retribution itemization will be moved even closer to Warrior and Death Knight itemization
* New ability: Hand of Purity. Reactive healing spell

Priest

* New ability: Divine Hymn. New holy spell that allows the priest to heal the entire party. When a partymember is struck they go into a trance.
* New 51 point shadow talent: Dispersion. 90% incoming damage reduction, 6% health/mana regen. The priest can move, but cannot cast spells. Allows a new form of defense against melee to make Shadow Priests more viable in highend Arena PVP
* New talent: Guardian Spirit. Prevents friendly target from being killed. A pet that gives "Cheat Death" to the target, if the player would die, the spirit pet dies instead

Druid

* Entangling Roots will work indoors as well, to help druids get into heroic groups
* New ability: Flourish. 1.5sec casting time healing spell, its effectiveness depends a lot on what HoT effects are on the target
* Cyclone won't be changed
* Potions, on-hit effects and items will work in forms.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Last edited by dagget; Jun 30, 2008 at 08:14 AM.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:51 PM #1759 of 1941
I'm so happy I'm a hunter ;o;

FELIPE NO
Nexius
Lurk moar

Member 9079

Level 7.95

Jun 2006

Old Jun 30, 2008, 01:47 PM Local time: Jun 30, 2008, 12:47 PM #1760 of 1941
I totally look forward to Titan Grip, that does seem pretty overpowered. But swinging two two-handed weapons with a speed penalty will probably be sloooow.

Also, may as well add that I'm playing now (Yet again). Currently a 63 Warrior on Dark Iron.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 7, 2008, 09:15 PM Local time: Jul 8, 2008, 10:15 AM #1761 of 1941
Started playing on Bonechewer Horde US server.

LoliconDesu is my ingame name.

Sousuke
...it was not.

Member 1133

Level 33.80

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2008, 03:52 AM #1762 of 1941
I also just started playing again... Noobing it up on Mug'Thol.

chocojournal | rate! 1 2 3 4 5
twtr // g+ // dA // bklg // l.fm // XBL // tmblr
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 04:27 PM #1763 of 1941
I think alot of people started playing again, hopefully no one deleted their toons when they quit!

I quit a few months back, sold my account had 4 70's for 900$. I got bored shortly after and started anew. I tried horde side since all I heard about when I was alliance was how much more awesome the horde was, players were much more mature, pvp groups were alot more organized..blah blah. Now all I hear about is how the horde side is filled with alliance rerolls who wanted blood elves. I really just think its a lame cop out by people who cant accept that maybe the Alliance side isnt as bad as its stereotyped to be.

On another note, I am wondering how different itemization will be in Wotlk. I can see blizzard itemizing certain two handed weapons just for titan grip (which I still cannot believe thats actually a real talent). Also as someone whos played a feral druid through hyjal/bt and now starting sunwell...the new feral talents looks pretty badass. A last stand/cloak of shadows like roar all rolled into one will be epic.

LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Jul 16, 2008, 04:34 PM Local time: Jul 17, 2008, 05:34 AM #1764 of 1941
So basically new patch was released yesterday, Lovely patch indeed.

Gave us the ability to ride mounts at level 30, I am level 36 right now (Hunter in bloodchewer toon named LoliconDesu)

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 17, 2008, 05:11 PM #1765 of 1941
On another note, I am wondering how different itemization will be in Wotlk. I can see blizzard itemizing certain two handed weapons just for titan grip (which I still cannot believe thats actually a real talent). Also as someone whos played a feral druid through hyjal/bt and now starting sunwell...the new feral talents looks pretty badass. A last stand/cloak of shadows like roar all rolled into one will be epic.

I'll be honest, I pretty much figured that Titan Grip wouldn't see the light of day, because it's a great talent. People screaming nerf on it before it was officially announced. Much like the lock spell Cripple was. Except Cripple actually got removed before beta has even started. :|

Beta Started. MMO Champion has a shit pot of stuff, as well as some loot from WotLK. Enjoy

Marking spoiler only for image sizes
Spoiler:

Talent Calculator

Runeforging only available to Death Knights.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by dagget; Jul 18, 2008 at 08:35 AM.
Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 24, 2008, 10:05 PM Local time: Jul 24, 2008, 08:05 PM #1766 of 1941
I just got my beta keya day ago, and let me tell you something:

Spoiler:
TITAN'S GRIP. FUCK YES.

Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:47 PM Local time: Jul 28, 2008, 11:47 PM #1767 of 1941
I'm in beta but, I don't have any time. It makes me kind of sad. I know I'm not going to have time to play WOTLK either. Sad, sad, sad.

FELIPE NO
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:31 AM #1768 of 1941
I'm still waiting for my "Sign up to opt for beta but we really still choose who we want which is pretty much end game raiders" key to be sent.

Actually I've been browsing the beta forums recently and have seen such sad shit. People in full T6/Sunwell complaining that the new instances like Nexus and Utgarde Keep are "too easy" and they "need to be tuned harder", completely forgetting that their current gear is supposed to last up until 78-79 when Sunwell upgrades fall from Halls of Stone (according to MMO-Champion). Also complaints from the length of these instances (which blizzard has stated shouldn't take more than 45 minutes to complete anyway) that they're "too short". WTF? I'd rather them be about 30 minutes in length so I can run about 3-4 in a setting than they be about 1-2 hours long for one. =\

It doesn't give me much hope that there's going to be any sense in tuning raids. If they'd stop the whole "well it works this way for Nihilum and Death and Taxes, so this is the way it will only work" and actually tune the encounters for every possible group make up, it wouldn't bother me as much. Just tired of the min/max crap.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:37 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2008, 10:37 AM #1769 of 1941
I doubt they will. If you hadn't noticed the trend, the game has been becoming a LITTLE more casual friendly with time. I don't think they'll reverse that.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:55 PM #1770 of 1941
Only time will tell. With the rumor of raid bosses dropping tokens to purchase instance drops (can't remember exactly where I saw that, so it may not be how it works but I believe its been said that they will drop unique tokens) makes much less for drama and more for people like me to want to raid. I didn't care much for the 25 mans from when I did them so even thought it'll make me a "10 man scrub" I'd rather do those.

Also I like how pets and mounts are now learnable and will no longer take up bag space~

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2008, 01:23 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2008, 11:23 AM #1771 of 1941
personally I'm in love with the enh shaman changes.

Ghost Wolf breaking snares/roots? Yes.
Maelstrom Weapon giving us instant-cast spells after melee crits so we can actually BE A HYBRID and use all our skills? Yes.
Condensed hit/crit/haste ratings so we can actually be a hybrid and have all of our spells scale instead of one attack and Windfury? Yes.
Spirit Wolves with a stun? FUCK YES.

Also I gave my war a quick respec to fury a while back to help a resto drood friend of mine farm some powder for a PVP gem pattern. And despite my utterly shit gear (have enough hit rating, but I ALSO have only like 1.7K AP unbuffed, AND only 71 DPS blue weapons) my GOD is it fun. I sorta wish that bloodthirst did more than my white attacks though.

Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2008, 02:37 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2008, 12:37 PM #1772 of 1941
It should. Especially right now, since mobs all have 0 armor. I have been doing 4k crits with BT and Slam all day.

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:51 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2008, 02:51 PM #1773 of 1941
lol, I'm not in the beta, actually. I'm just speaking from the perspective of a person from the outside looking in. Trust me, if I were in I'd be rockin' a death knight right fucking now.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jessykins

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Jul 29, 2008, 04:55 PM Local time: Jul 29, 2008, 02:55 PM #1774 of 1941
See, and I felt like that too. Doing the starter quests you're like "FUCK THIS IS AWESOME" Then bam, you're in Hellfire Peninsula digging through felhunter shit again. Not only did it sort of turn me off of the class, but it really ruins their supposed "epic feel"

Things could change, however.

Shively
Banned

Member 28885

Level 13.18

Mar 2008

Old Jul 29, 2008, 05:41 PM #1775 of 1941
I quit shortly after the NAX patch was released, sold my account for about 800.. I still get the urge to play but man I HATED MC so much that it always reinforced me not going back.. So I've been out of the loop since 06.. Do you still have to go thru MC to get to any areas or is it possible to skip it?

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft