Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

Edsplosive
Smoke Some

Member 24171

Level 6.69

Feb 2007

Old Sep 30, 2007, 04:18 PM Local time: Sep 30, 2007, 11:18 AM #1651 of 1941
I just wanted to RUN in and say, MAN does it feel good to detox from this game for three weeks. I am finally free. And you can do it too, JESSY!

How ya doing, buddy?
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Sep 30, 2007, 04:20 PM #1652 of 1941
I havent played in like a year. It doesnt run good on my system anymore.. dont know why. Im tired of trying to fix/upgrade the problem. So, if it comes to the 360, ill come back. if not, want my stuff? lol

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 3, 2007, 06:19 PM #1653 of 1941
I just wanted to RUN in and say, MAN does it feel good to detox from this game for three weeks. I am finally free. And you can do it too, JESSY!
I quit for about a month.. well retail anyway. Played on a private server for a bit, then stopped too. Reactivated and just bullshitting around now. I'm done with raiding, don't care if I do it anymore or not. I've actually been playing D&D online more often now, and I really enjoy the way some of it is set up. Especially the fact that everyone can loot something from a chest and there's no "ninjaing" items.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Jessykins
Burnt out on dealing with mortals

Member 444

Level 31.50

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2007, 04:47 AM Local time: Oct 4, 2007, 02:47 AM #1654 of 1941

No I can't!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Oct 4, 2007, 01:44 PM Local time: Oct 4, 2007, 01:44 PM #1655 of 1941
Too bad all has to go in one thread. No locks around here?
I played a warlock for 2 years, in Deus Vox. We were competing for world firsts in Naxxramas, and actually got the world first on Loatheb. Naxxramas is the best dungeon in the game, bar none.

I quit about halfway through our progress into SSC, because that was the shittiest dungeon I'd ever seen and the game really just got boring at that point. Best thing I ever did, to be honest.

FELIPE NO
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2007, 03:30 AM Local time: Oct 6, 2007, 04:30 PM #1656 of 1941
I got addicted to WoW, just a month ago.

Sad to say i'm playing on a pserver (Not that i cant afford retail. its just that i can't invest that much time since i know i'll be forced if i did)

Anywho i play at a server called WowLegion, i play at the blizzlike server, its like 3x/3x/3x (even for reps and stuffs) The game is pretty fun, although time consuming.

Best thing i loved about it was the whole interactivity and sad to say i'm fairly interested in the whole Warcraft Lore.

My current char, I love how battleground doesn't actually work in our server, although it'll be this weekend

(Yeah i know my UI is messy, i haven't had the time to arrange and fix it yet)

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2007, 04:17 AM Local time: Oct 6, 2007, 01:17 AM #1657 of 1941
Sad to say i'm playing on a pserver (Not that i cant afford retail. its just that i can't invest that much time since i know i'll be forced if i did)
I was about to say, you have what appears to the T6 warrior helm but T5 paladin shoulders plus the shield off Illidan. Gear and class inconsistencies aside, all in a month? Was about to ask who on ebay did you buy it from or what kind of in-game contacts did you know before joining.

Most amazing jew boots
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2007, 06:13 AM Local time: Oct 6, 2007, 07:13 PM #1658 of 1941
Oh the helm is practically for any plate users, Its called Helm of Illidari it drops on Illidan in the retail. I know Pserver sucks but bah =p

If there was one thing i would really like is to make Script end game instances work, Unfortunately Gms tried it and took us as the testers, it didn't work crashed the whole server.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:24 AM #1659 of 1941
Is that private server PVP or Normal? Most I've ever seen are PVP and while I enjoyed my time playing on one, I didn't like looking over my shoulder each time I tried to level. Even moreso when they made corpse camping "legal" (as in you don't get banned for it anymore) that and plus all the damn towns would get decimated all the time (no one would fight back :|)

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2007, 05:23 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2007, 06:23 AM #1660 of 1941
Its Pvp, but its not as if they always try to hunt you, There's one area thats always dangerous to be in, Tanaris.

I've never enjoyed staying there, in the end i always end up getting killed, and they cant really invade towns here that much, We don't have custom items,and its not as if the other side is pretty weak, Although our common target is usually SW.

I remember we raided SW (only 15) people, they've had a hard time dealing with us, since we have 5 priest, 3 paladins, 2 hunters, 5 rogues.

It was fun for awhile until the brigade came in and kicked our sorry ass.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2007, 09:40 PM #1661 of 1941
well about the one I played on, they had it set where guard NPCs wouldn't fight back. So literally one person could wipe out a major city. Oddly enough, Tanaris was a place that alot of PVP went on.

I guess that all the private servers out there are PVP... why I have no idea, not everyone wants to PVP.

Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2007, 09:48 PM Local time: Oct 6, 2007, 09:48 PM #1662 of 1941
I'm sure you could find some private roleplaying servers if you wanted.

I'm somewhat interested in the developing private server community. It brings back memories of when I used to play on private UO servers, which were leaps and bounds more fun than the official UO servers. But I think the WoW servers are going to need some more time to develop and stabilize before I decide to invest time into any of them.

<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2007, 09:50 PM #1663 of 1941
I bet private servers are really laggy. Hell, its laggy on blizz's servers, but again im sure its my shitty comp

FELIPE NO
Yggdrasil
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 940

Level 19.45

Mar 2006

Old Oct 6, 2007, 11:47 PM Local time: Oct 6, 2007, 08:47 PM #1664 of 1941
I bet private servers are really laggy. Hell, its laggy on blizz's servers, but again im sure its my shitty comp
I think that would really vary from server to server. Way back in the day I used to play on some private RO servers. Some of them were pretty terrible, but there were also a few that were pretty damned good. Just a shame they really cracked down on those servers since the good ones tend to get the largest gatherings.

LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2007, 12:44 AM Local time: Oct 7, 2007, 01:44 PM #1665 of 1941
This isn't laggy, although there are some bugs here and there (Its not an official server)

But its pretty fine, And lag isn't really an issue it still depends your internet.

I just wish scripted end game instances work.

Oh and I am pretty happy that you guys don't bash pservers.

Most amazing jew boots
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2007, 06:28 AM #1666 of 1941
They're really not all that bad. The one I was on had a 15x rate increase. Drops, experience, etc was increased 15x normal rate. You'd literally get a shit ton of greens drop from rare mobs and some elites. I think I stopped at level 60 with just about 7000g. Some also have "shopping malls" where its set up you can purchase various BOP quest rewards/instance drops. I had actually bought T3 and planned on getting T6 when I hit 70. What's fun about these servers though is usually you can find a pick up group for BT/TK/SSC and people actually know what they're doing and make it to the end. (They had turned off attunements for BC raid instances)

The are a few drawbacks to some though. You sometimes seem the trash people too. Even with 15x rate, you still had people begging for gold, when it was so easy to make it. "gld pliz, gold plx, can I have gold plz" I mean, wtf. That and you'd get the "rejects of WoW" which were people who were banned or worse for being pricks or what have you (that on a PvP server is worse for me though.) (Un)Fortunately they had it set up to where both sides can communicate and send mails to either faction in trade and LFG... but sometimes it would end up in russian spamming (blegh) or literally 12 year olds thinking they're so cool. It would also be humorous to see someone smack talk another person for ganking them (or getting pissed they were ganked) But that got old for me, real fast and just became rather pathetic at times. Another minus (which is the big one for me actually) is that the economy is so fucked on a private server with an increased rate. People charging from up to 30-50k for crafted items such as fel iron rods and the like. ts nothing to see someone sell the mongoose enchant (to enchant the weapon, not the recipe itself) for 15k.

Last edited by dagget; Oct 8, 2007 at 06:30 AM.
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2007, 09:09 AM Local time: Oct 8, 2007, 10:09 PM #1667 of 1941
I know what you mean, especially the ones with donation items right?

The economy can be so screwed up and you can't forget those gold exploiters that do this crap, Although GM in this server, pretty much banned all those who did it, and my god the donation items cost = 500 dollars for the whole custom T6 set.

Sukebepanda
Panda Fodder

Member 3719

Level 2.12

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2007, 10:49 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2007, 10:49 AM #1668 of 1941
Still playing, WoW is the only MMO that's been able to keep my attention. Holding out for Warhammer though, it looks pretty spiffy.

SERVER: Hydraxis (Horde)
Morgandia [Orc] Warlock

Tir
Sneaky

Member 1176

Level 12.28

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2007, 11:49 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2007, 08:49 PM #1669 of 1941

The are a few drawbacks to some though. You sometimes seem the trash people too. Even with 15x rate, you still had people begging for gold, when it was so easy to make it. "gld pliz, gold plx, can I have gold plz" I mean, wtf. That and you'd get the "rejects of WoW" which were people who were banned or worse for being pricks or what have you (that on a PvP server is worse for me though.)
Yeah, that sucks. Even if you don't get much gold in your first few hours, that ain't the reason to beg for gold. And the never ending gold begging for mounts...
Fortunately the server where I'm playing isn't very popular, so there aren't much of these kind of players. And the GM's are strict about the rules, so any kind of idiocy is rewarded with kick or ban.
For the custom vendor issue.... That can be good if the server doesn't have some parts of the game accessible, like battle arenas. That way you can get the items. I don't like servers that give you access all the armors and weapons from the moment you start the game though. I like to have some difficulty in the game that i play, thank you...

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2007, 01:49 AM #1670 of 1941
Nah, they don't give you everything right out. The only BC end stuff you have access to is just the armor, and even then they have it set up you have to get in a group to complete the sets. Weapons and trinkets and other goodies found in Kara-Hyjal have to actually be raided for, but since everything is basically a pick-up group (which I like) and the drop rates have been increased, chances of someone getting something are much better than normal WoW.

As I said I'm going between Warcraft and D&D Online and I'll have to tell you, the more I play D&D online, the more I'm enjoying it. Blizzard should actually look at it and take a few notes from it. Especially in regards to loot. It's too late to change the normal/rare/epic format (which constitutes in the majority of the greed factor WoW has become) but they can adapt the chest system D&DO has. Basically when there's a chest and it's opened, everyone in that group (no matter if it's 3 people or 10 people) has set loot that's assigned to them. Usually it's some gold and a couple of items such as weapons/armors/potions. The loot that's reserved for you has a drop box that has something like "Reserved for Linaris" or whatever your character's name is. The only way a person can take the loot assigned to you, is if you assign it to them to take (which some people ask if anyone will need it and then they'll let them take it.) But that's going off track.

There's a new Caverns of Time instance that's being put in for Lich King: Old Stratholme. In this one (5 man instance) you fight alongside Arthas before he went apeshit and help him slay the people of Strat that are infected by the Plague. (I'm guessing it'll be burning, kinda like how it is now)

Sunwell is being worked on (25 man raid) and I think on WoWwiki I saw about 4 raid dungeons set for Lich King, including the Naxx retuned one. (Dunno when Sunwell will be out, but it'll be before the expansion)

As for the old content, it's being retuned to make leveling 20-60 easier (along with a 15% total XP needed decrease for each level). The example given was that SFK is 18-25 right now (with Arugal being between 25 and 27 elite) and that it was too great of a jump and a group of pure level 18s couldn't do jack shit in the instance. So it's being retuned to something like 18-21, plus the loot is being reitemized and they're adding stuff to more properly accomodate the levels. Even RFC is getting it and they're adding a few more drops and some blues to the table. It's assumed that all leveling instances (RFC-UBRS, I suspect) are getting the retunements. There *have* been mumblings (at Blizzcon if I remember correctly) that perhaps old pre-BC raid instances are being reworked slightly to allow people who haven't had a chance to see it to go in.

Dustwallow Marsh is getting a neutral town by the name of Mudsprocket (I imagine it'll be near the crashed zepplin site or something) and like a shit ton of quests being added there for 30-40s.

And of course, Zul'Aman coming soon.

There's a thread on the general forums regarding this (all to be implemented in patch 2.3)

Last edited by dagget; Oct 11, 2007 at 02:05 AM.
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2007, 06:40 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2007, 07:40 PM #1671 of 1941
Well there's always the system called Need before greed, i find that looting to be the best one when raiding with other people.

and as far as i know, I've had a hard time raiding for my stuffs (i know its not fair) but still investing 2 months on a private server is bound to get you somewhere.

As for as the gold, at first i thought the gold drops were too bad >.< until we've hit the End game raids which garnes us at least 400gold per boss (thats like a 5-10 people raid) I found myself having 7k gold now, and i don't know how to use it, since i don't really have the patience to level up my enchants ( since i just got my mongoose from moroes) and some other enchants that i've been dying to use, (I seriously want a battlemaster though) (Battlemaster + Pally + ??? = Profit) =p

FELIPE NO
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2007, 08:27 AM #1672 of 1941
Sadly things don't always work that way in normal WoW. Sometimes it does, other times you get pissy little people who think their time is more important than the next person's and so point/bidding systems come into play. (Bidding is really stupid, but hey, that's just me talking). I guess it just depends on the type of people in your guild. Like for mine, I know rolling/need before greed will work, given the people in there and how we've all developed a strong friendship and know it's not about how many purples the other person has, but wether or not we can destroy content. There have been people who made their way into the guild who don't agree to that and I always tell them that stuff is never making way and they can just go somewhere it is. I blame Blizzard on this though (well not as much Blizzard as Tigole and his little raiding fiends for trying to make it their personal little EQ game) for making the loot waaay too random and waaaay too little of it dropping.

Private servers, its easy because everyone basically already has the "good stuff" (unless there's no shopping mall or the realm is blizzlike) so people don't care about losing rolls as they know they can just go back and do it again.

Last edited by dagget; Oct 11, 2007 at 03:55 PM.
LS

Purple

Member 509

Level 21.05

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2007, 08:52 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2007, 09:52 PM #1673 of 1941
Yes i basically play on a blizz-like server which has been running for 3 years now, so some people will pass of the "Purples" Although donation items makes the game unbalnce (only 3 players has the full Donation set, which cost 475) Its suprising though, I'll just play retail for that much money if i got extra, i might as well ask some ching chong to farm some gold for me.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:06 AM #1674 of 1941
WoW Forums -> 2.3 PTR Patch Notes

PTR patch notes for 2.3

Much QQing is had by all on this one. (I like 60m poisons for rogues though, however I had no problem with the 30m ones :| )

rpgcrazied
Good Chocobo

Member 540

Level 19.15

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2007, 03:03 PM #1675 of 1941
so, i have the retail box of wow an xpack.. how would i go about getting into a private server? Ive never really tried it, ive paid blizzard for about 2 years.. and I want to play again.. just for free :P It sucks Ill have to reroll roll, cuz I have several 70s on blizz's servers.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft