Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PC] World of Warcraft

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 04:36 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2007, 02:36 PM #1626 of 1941
Is a release date confirmed?

If it's out by the end of the year I'mma be pissed.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 05:17 PM #1627 of 1941
Is a release date confirmed?

If it's out by the end of the year I'mma be pissed.
No release date yet, which is typical of Blizzard (and most game companies nowadays actually). Pretty much everything word for word from that FAQ that dagget posted is up on the WotLK site.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Thank you Guest for the kickass signature!
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 06:40 PM #1628 of 1941
The panel that took Q&As was decent. Tigole said that Stuff like T6 and I'm guessing possibly T7 (he didn't mention it by name, but said that there was another instance after Black Temple/Hyjal that will be out before the expansion they couldn't talk about so...yeah, maybe a 7th set of teired gear... but there's no huge gear gap.. naaaaah) will be good until 78-80. But yeah, we'll be out-gearing with greens again in Northrend.

Death Knights available to all classes. (Fucking Death Knight female gnome ftw~)

and more 5-10 and 25 man instances. Since they seem to be very pleased with the way the 25 mans are done, doesn't look like 40 mans are making a return. Also more dungeons in Azeroth, with a possibility of another Caverns of Time instance.

IGN has some videos of gameplay for download. I can't remember the site that had the Panel interview though. :|

Special Snow mounts in Northrend oh and Dalaran opens up to be a Capital city that flies in the air (lol Vane) and will a neutral city, like Shattarath.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by dagget; Aug 3, 2007 at 10:52 PM.
Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 09:46 PM Local time: Aug 3, 2007, 09:46 PM #1629 of 1941
Death Knights available to all classes. (Fucking Death Knight female gnome ftw~)
If what that FAQ said is true, are death knights rerolled characters, or do you permanently convert an existing character to a death knight? Because if you have to "unlock" a death knight by doing something on your current level 80 character, they may limit the races you can make into a death knight. Humans/Dwarves/Draenei and Orc/Undead/Blood Elf are my guesses for allowed races.

I was speaking idiomatically.
<@a_lurker> I like zeal better than guru.
<@a_lurker> There, I said it, I'm not taking it back.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 3, 2007, 10:18 PM #1630 of 1941
From what I've read and understood, as soon as you finish the requirements, it's unlocked on the character creation screen (but will be at like level 60 or 70 to start off) and all races can be one. You'd roll it like you would a new character. The Q&A transcript I saw too said that when Tigole was asked about if they were going to raise the number of character per server to allow people to roll a Death Knight, he said "no" which was met with a everyone booing in unison in which he was like "point taken..."

Also, they don't need to use shields as they can tank with 2h weapons (Runeaxes and Runeswords) have a unique second bar which is 6 runes (inplace of mana/rage/energy) and can dual-wield. They even mentioned more Hero Classes to be added, but they're not adding them all at once.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by dagget; Aug 3, 2007 at 10:44 PM.
immp
Hortus Ortus Vinco

Member 584

Level 15.79

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2007, 02:29 AM #1631 of 1941
I'm hoping they'll open the battleground in Azshara's forlorn ridge...Azshara crater or whatever its called.

I read in some magazine interview that they were going to open up Grim Batol sooner than later. I hope that will be in this expansion. Or perhaps Uldum since they mentioned the creation of the dwarves on the exp site.

FELIPE NO
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2007, 08:58 AM #1632 of 1941
It will be interesting to see if the requirements for the death knight to become available to players will need to be fulfilled through raiding only, or if there will be options available to players of both sides. My cynical side, says that it'll be only available to raiders of the top raiding instance that gets released with the expansion, which will probably be killing or obtaining something from Arthas in order to complete what will probably amount to a long quest chain of consumables before it's finally unlocked.

My positive side is hoping that there will be options for raiders and non-raiders, or basically a PvE path (raiders) and possibly a PvP path (non-raiders). It seems like Blizz learned with TBC how to somewhat better balance their content between both game types in at least allowing players to progress one way or another no matter which path they decided to choose. Time will of course tell.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2007, 11:33 AM #1633 of 1941
I *think* it was said that it didn't require any hardcore raiding to acquire, but then again, Tigole said before release of TBC that he wanted everyone to experience the content of Black Temple and... Yeah, we saw how well that worked out. He wants everyone to be able to go to Icecrown Citadel as well because "We don't want to spend thousands of dollars on content that goes unseen by so many people." Yeeeeaaa....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2hH-S3dPKA

Panel discussion and presentation. (1 of 6) Theo ther 5 are on Youtube as well.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by dagget; Aug 4, 2007 at 01:23 PM.
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2007, 05:27 PM #1634 of 1941
Well, at least there's some comfort. There was a Q&A asked about the old content and they said they were looking into making it accessible to the people who didn't get a chance to see it. Also Naxx might come back into play for this expansion... so... I dunno. :|

http://www.wowinsider.com/2007/08/04...l-at-blizzcon/

Raid Q&A panel.

Also, you guys need to watch this stream of Starcraft Finals. these games are nuts.

Last edited by dagget; Aug 4, 2007 at 05:51 PM.
Kaelin
Sworn Protector

Member 3844

Level 12.54

Mar 2006

Old Aug 4, 2007, 09:58 PM #1635 of 1941
Ha, good ol Tigole.....Mr. I-don't-see-a-problem-with-healer-shortages.......suuuuure you don't because that's "working as intended" right?

Yeah, I don't like Tigole much. Kalgan on the other hand isn't nearly as bad most of the time. Somewhat off topic, but I hope Warhammer brings some real competition to WoW because sometimes it feels like the developers are getting a little lazy with bugs that still exist in the game since release, and "looking into" various class issues with no follow up, among other things. Still WotLK sounds very nice so far, and Blizz did a pretty good job with TBC in trying to level the playing field so you didn't have to become that guy in South Park just to progress your character.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2007, 03:50 AM #1636 of 1941
I think that's the reason people are leery of a new class. The current ones are not balanced enough, and yet there will be a new class? Possibly more? Fix the damn balance in arenas, for instance, first before going the route of "oh hell here's a new class to further imbalance the game."
Oh arenas are getting "fixed" alright. They're basically bringing the honor system back again, with you MUST have a +1900 (or 2100) rating to be eligble to get Season 3 weapons. You can imagine the amount of QQ that has went on.

Oh and today while I was watching a streaming video of some WoW panel (I think it was PVP, not sure) I think I actually saw what QQing looked like...

My bad, the above was the PVP panel, this is the Raid panel: http://www.wowinsider.com/2007/08/03...d-raids-panel/

Last edited by dagget; Aug 5, 2007 at 03:53 AM.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2007, 04:09 AM Local time: Aug 5, 2007, 02:09 AM #1637 of 1941
Oh, and they also released some Enhancement changes for 2.3:

-Shamanistic Rage now has -30% damage taken for the duration (woo PVP viability!)

-Focused Mind now gives 30% of your AP in spell damage (woo non-windfury Enhancement scaling!)

-2H weapons replaced with a talent that reduces the cost of your next shock by 40% after a melee crit.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2007, 04:24 AM #1638 of 1941
Woah woah.. woah.. WOAH. No more 2h weapons for Shaman? ;_______;

Also, Zul'Aman looks interesting.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Zul%27Aman

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Aug 5, 2007, 07:34 AM Local time: Aug 5, 2007, 05:34 AM #1639 of 1941
Actually, people are speculating that it'll be a trainable skill.

40/0/21 shamans with Stormherald. ;_;

FELIPE NO
Cat9
Chocobo

Member 465

Level 11.01

Mar 2006

Old Aug 26, 2007, 09:57 AM Local time: Aug 26, 2007, 06:57 AM #1640 of 1941
Anyone like Cannibal Corpse? Well here a hilarious video (probably only for the Horde players).

Check it out.

Give it a few minutes to get to the WoW stuff.

Is there a Deadwood board game out yet?
"Go back 3 spaces you loopy fuckin' cunt"
fiercedeity
LOL FAG!

Member 8055

Level 11.82

Jun 2006

Old Sep 2, 2007, 01:44 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2007, 06:44 PM #1641 of 1941
70 Night Elf Huntard (Falcore)
70 Gnome Mage (Sorceror)
and a few 50's, and 40's, and a few others around the 20 mark.

All on Aerie Peak - EU

Jam it back in, in the dark.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Sep 2, 2007, 04:51 PM Local time: Sep 2, 2007, 02:51 PM #1642 of 1941
So, I hit 70 on my warrior recently =o

Here's his armory at the moment. I think I logged in my usual DPS gear: The Armory

...ack, okay, so I didn't log. Replace a green plate helmet with the X-52 Rocket Helmet. >.>;

Anyway, in my tanking gear I have 462 defense, 10K hp, and around 15-20% avoidance unbuffed (as a guesstimate). Here's my gear list for tanking:

Felsteel Gloves - Items - World of Warcraft (Felsteel Gloves)
Felsteel Helm - Items - World of Warcraft (Felsteel Helm)
Shield of the Void - Items - World of Warcraft (Shield of the Void)
Junior Technician 3rd Grade Bracers - Items - World of Warcraft (Junior Tech. 3rd Grade Bracers)
Breastplate of the Warbringer - Items - World of Warcraft (Breastplate of the Warbringer)
Mag'hari Warlord's Legplates - Items - World of Warcraft (Mag'hari Warlord's Legplates)
Burnoose of Shifting Ages - Items - World of Warcraft (Burnoose of Shifting Ages)
Slayer's Waistguard - Items - World of Warcraft (Slayer's Waistguard) <---REALLY need to replace this
Band of the Victor - Items - World of Warcraft (Band of the Victor) <---REALLY need to replace this too
Pauldrons of Brute Force - Items - World of Warcraft (Pauldrons of Brute Force)
Iron Band of the Unbreakable - Items - World of Warcraft (Iron Band of the Unbreakable)
Regal Protectorate - Items - World of Warcraft (Regal Protectorate)
Charm of Alacrity - Items - World of Warcraft (Charm of Alacrity) <---REALLY need to replace this
Mark of the Ravenguard - Items - World of Warcraft (Mark of the Ravenguard)
Sethekk Feather-Darts - Items - World of Warcraft (Sethekk Feather-Darts) <---REALLY need to replace this
Crystalblade of the Draenei - Items - World of Warcraft (Crystalblade of the Draenei)
Bloodguard's Greaves - Items - World of Warcraft (Bloodguard's Greaves)

So, any good suggestions for upgrades?

Funny story about that tanking sword. I was 69, just finished the fucking Access Shaft Zeon quests (NEVER FUCKING GO THERE EVER TRUST ME), and my gear was pretty beat up, so I figured I'd do this questline and repair, then hit 70 (which was like half a bar away). Well, the questline didn't let me repair, so I figured "Eh, it'll last me until I ding." So, I went down to the ridge with all the netherdrakes by Manaforge Ultris, and I was in the middle of fighting this drake when OH SHIT MY SPEAR BROKE. So, I whipped out this sword, put it in the offhand, put some green 2.6 axe of agility in my mainhand, and as an MS 2-hander spec, I dinged 70 dual-wielding a tanking sword and a green axe.

Last edited by The_Griffin; Sep 3, 2007 at 11:29 PM.
khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2007, 10:16 PM #1643 of 1941
You have wayyyyy too much defense. You only need 490, no less, no more. Your hp is also far too low. The tanks I raid with, hell even the new tanks who are undergeared have at least 14k life. Once you have 490 def, you want to focus on stam and then avoidance...that will get you far as a tank. Id use solid star of elune in almost every gem slot if I were you.

dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2007, 10:38 PM #1644 of 1941
Well I must be doing something wrong, cause my def is about 509 (round abouts) in tanking gear with about 14K life buffed. *shrug*

I don't care anymore, I was supposed to be a Frost Resistant tank for Hydross, but I'm thinking of actually calling it quits for good, now.

khan0plinger
OH YES LET ME DROWN IN IT

Member 983

Level 17.72

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2007, 11:06 PM #1645 of 1941
509 isnt bad, alot of gear overcompensates...just so you are above 490 you wont ever get crushed. Having over 600 is just overkill though, since you are most likely losing out on alot of stamina that youd need.

The game is now either hit or miss, people are sick of raiding Karazhan and Gruuls. You really have to be on the ball to kill Magtheridon or even to stand a chance in SSC/TK. However, if your guild manages to make it through SSC/TK...the game really picks up fun. Raiding BT and Hyjal brought me back to how I used to enjoy raiding...I guess its just a slow bumpy start. They should of put in a big entry level raid dungeon for 25 man...I think that would of helped keep interest going.

Naxxramas as the first 25 man raid in the new expansion is going to be a huge step in the right direction...I just hope Naxx will still have the same appeal.

Guru
:wink wink:

Member 85

Level 27.73

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2007, 11:09 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2007, 11:09 PM #1646 of 1941
Naxxramas was the last good dungeon in WoW. They're making it 25-Man?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
dagget
Spoot

Member 72

Level 36.40

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2007, 11:21 PM #1647 of 1941
Sorta. Blizzard was disappointed in how many guilds got to go in there (like they didn't know how many would actually make it in there) so they're toying with the idea of retuning Naxx and making it a raid instance for Northrend so that "more people can see the lore behind it" which will result in probably 10 more guilds going and the rest are SOL again.

I'm sure Zul'Aman is going to be fun on public test realms, but then uber guilds like Nihilum and D&T will bitch about it being "too easy" like with ZG and it'll get beefed up and not be worth the rewards (much like ZG was)

The game is turning into EverQuest, has been for sometime I guess. I just find raiding boring anyway. I got into a guild that did it as something fun and not a job, but it was slowly turning into a job and that was draining the fun out of it for me. *shrug*

As someone told me one time, they need to put in alternates to end-game raiding other than the horrible grind of PVP and 25 man e-peen fests. Like make more 6-10 man dungeons sorta like (as they said) Final Fantasy XI has. Just something other to do than what's end-game now.

Most amazing jew boots

Last edited by dagget; Sep 3, 2007 at 11:24 PM.
The_Griffin
Nostalgia and Crossovers

Member 266

Level 32.27

Mar 2006

Old Sep 3, 2007, 11:29 PM Local time: Sep 3, 2007, 09:29 PM #1648 of 1941
OH SNAP

Make that 462 defense. ><;

VitaminZinc
Bad and Evil

Member 57

Level 18.74

Mar 2006

Old Sep 10, 2007, 08:03 AM #1649 of 1941
Naxxramas was the last good dungeon in WoW.
I have to agree with this statement.

Even with the very few times I've been in KZ, I just end up kinda bored with it. A few of the events are interesting/cool, but for the most part, it's ridiculous.

And PVP has killed 5-mans, which I actually liked doing--and still do. No one does the shit, though, cause arena gear is 50x easier to pick up.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Edsplosive
Smoke Some

Member 24171

Level 6.69

Feb 2007

Old Sep 11, 2007, 12:24 AM Local time: Sep 10, 2007, 07:24 PM #1650 of 1941
TBC is a steaming pile. Out of those 6 Outland zones, I could only... "feel?" Nagrand and Netherstorm. I just hated everything else. SSC and TK are boring and droning raid instances. All fights are mind-numbing, even when tanking Leotheras, Capernian and/or kiting Striders on Vashj. Hyjal gets fun once there aren't wipes pre-Archimonde. BT though, from the start is actually fun. I dunno, I like the trash there and most boss fights (except Teron Gorefiend). Right now we're up to Reliquary of Souls... well, I'm not. I'm still waiting for my new desktop to arrive later this week. Then I can play, and hopefully by then we'll be on Mother Shahraz with enough Hearts of Darkness (or close).

I really can't wait to get over this crap and start anew with WLK, even if it means not looking like a Gremlin with a popsicle suit anymore (yeah I'm an orc warlock) by the time we clear Illidan. I hope that can happen before September is over, since people tend to clear the Illidari Council the first night they get to that fight.

Blizzard themselves stated how "bland" TBC has been, in their interview with Windows Game Magazine (spelling?). It's just... a little half-assed, come on. Kael'thas is a guild cock-block and I always see guilds fall apart there. People who only PVP quit faster than others because seasons, well, take only 3.5 months or so and then it's farming the next armor set but doing the same thing.

I'm really interested in Naxx. Blizzard had originally intended on making this a 25 man instance, but kept it at 40 with the proper tweaks. Now it'll be a 25 man, and the first one so... sure, it's going to be easier than anything else. So newcomers might wonder "what was so hard" while vets might go "meh." Who knows, right? Weeee. Just think about how bosses like Saphirron and Four Horsemen will accomodate 25 men.

Not sure what to say about the hero system yet. Those classes won't be more powerful than regular ones, so no QQing about death knights especially if you remember how blademaster can cast "Mirror Image"x3 and "Bladestorm." It'll definitely be interesting to see how these new "classes" could affect raiding balance and progression.

Too bad all has to go in one thread. No locks around here?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PC] World of Warcraft