Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

She's a very kinky girl...

Midna
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 18121

Level 20.86

Jan 2007

Old Jun 25, 2007, 11:58 PM Local time: Jun 25, 2007, 09:58 PM #1 of 20
She's a very kinky girl...

I was talking with a friend recently about songs that we used to sing as kids, but whose lyrics we didn't really have a grasp on until we were much older. The two that stand out the most for me are "Start Me Up" by The Rolling Stones, and hilariously enough Rick James's "Superfreak".

When I was about 11 years old those songs were fairly new, and a friend brought the singles to my birthday party, along with others, as my gift. I still have the image in my head of my friends and I blasting the music, singing and dancing to the words we knew by heart.

I honestly didn't know "Start Me Up" was anything sexual, even though the ending line is "You make a dead man cum".

As sad as it is, I also didn't "get" what Rick James meant by "I'd really like to taste her every time we meet". So there we were, 11 years old and singing at the top of our lungs about oral sex.

Do you have songs that you didn't "get" when you were a kid, and now look back and laugh at what you were singing about?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Crash "Long-Winded Wrong Answer" Landon
Zeio Nut

Member 14

Level 54.72

Feb 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:02 AM #2 of 20
Pretty much any and all songs that were veiled tributes to illegal drugs went over my head until I was around sixteen.

It wasn't until I heard "Last Dance With Mary Jane" that I tilted my head and said "waaaaaaaaaaaaaait a second!".

I wasn't cool enough to be offered drugs and I wasn't cool enough to understand songs about them.

Most amazing jew boots
Paco
????

Member 175

Level 58.82

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:34 AM Local time: Jun 25, 2007, 10:34 PM #3 of 20
Let's just say that when I found out that "We Are The Champions" by Queen was really just Freddy Mercury's homosexually charged anthem I was in shock. I sang that song all the time when I was a kid and then:

Quote:
I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through

We are the champions my friends
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the championsWe are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world
I also grew up listening to The Cure so I knew a ton of the songs and a song on their first album "Three Imaginary Boys" by the name of "Accuracy" was a pretty good song... Little did I know I was singing about lines of cocaine.

Quote:
We sit in the same room
Side by side
I give you the wrong lines
Feed you
Accuracy

Accuracy
Speaking of cocaine... Eric Clapton was a pretty big hit when I was 7. I didn't even speak English at the time but hell "Cocaine" was a ROCKIN' SONG~

Quote:
She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie
COCAINE~
Then in 1990 I was introduced to the wonderful world of gangster rap. Most rappers out there really didn't hide a lot of subliminal messages into their songs; everything was out there in the open... Big screen TVs, blunts, 40's and fucking bitches... However, Ice Cube did a lot of great songs in the early 90's and his album Death Certificate had a song I specifically liked... A LOT. Why? Because it started out with Big Bird from Sesame Street.

Quote:
Fresh out of school cause I was a high school grad
Gots to get a job cuz I was a high school dad
Wish I got paid by rappin' to the nation
But thats not likely, so here's my application
Pass it to the man at AT&T
'Cause when I was in school I got the A.E.E.
But there's no S.E. for this youngsta
I didn't have no money so now I have to hunch my back like a slave
Thats what be happenin'
But whitey says there's no room for the African
Always knew that I would boycott, JEEZ
But welcome to McDonalds can I take your order please
Gotta sell ya food that might give you cancer
'Cause my son doesn't take no for an answer
Now I pay taxes that you never give me back
What about diapers, bottles, and similac
Do I gotta go sell me a whole lotta crack
For decent shelter and clothes on my back?
Or should I just wait for help from Bush
Or Jesse Jackson, and "Operation Push"
If you ask me the whole thing needs a douche
Messenger, what the hell, crack I'll sell in the neighborhood
To the cornerhouse bitches
Miss Parker, Little Joe or Todd Bridges
Or anybody that he know
So I got me a bird, better known as a kilo
Now everybody know I went from po' to a nigga that got dough
So now you put the feds against me
'Cause I couldn't follow the plan of the presidency
I'm never givin' love again
Cuz blacks are too fuckin' broke to be Republican
Now I remember I used to be cool
'Till I stopped fillin' out my W-2
Now senators are gettin' high
And your plan against the ghetto backfired
So now you got a pep talk
But sorry, this is our only room to walk
'Cause we don't want a drug push
But a bird in the hand is worth more than a Bush
Great song though. Seriously. Most of it went over my head when I was 12 but now that I know more about how fucked up things were in the early 90's with Republicans at the helm I have a FAR better appreciation for this track.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Hotobu
Good Chocobo

Member 5982

Level 14.90

Apr 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:21 AM #4 of 20
One that comes to my head immediately is "Walk this Way" with Run-D.M.C. and Aerosmith. Walk this way = losing your virginity. Hell at one point in the song Stephen Tyler sneaks in "just give me some head".

Another one is the 80's classic "I'm so excited" by the Pointer Sisters. The entire song is about how they can't wait to get home and get fucked. The chorus is, "I'm so exited, and I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it."

Hell another one that comes to my head is "Are you Experienced?" by Jimi Hendrix. By "are" He means *have* and by "experienced" he means *taken drugs*

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Hotobu; Jun 26, 2007 at 01:28 AM.
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:32 AM #5 of 20
I can't really recall any that I sang when I was little since my parents were restrictive of what I listened to when I was little, but what bothers me these days are little kids listening to rap and hip hop.

They sing along with the words, but they have NO idea what the hell they mean. All they remember is that dance that goes with it.

"Meet me in the trap... It's goin down
Meet me in the mall... It's goin down
Meet me in the club... It's goin down
Any where ya meet me guaranteed to go down.

It's about sex, dammit. Not some crappy lean back movement Young Joc ripped from another song.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 10:36 AM #6 of 20
One that comes to my head immediately is "Walk this Way" with Run-D.M.C. and Aerosmith. Walk this way = losing your virginity. Hell at one point in the song Stephen Tyler sneaks in "just give me some head".
Actually that song was inspired by the Mel Brooks film Young Frankenstein. At one point in the movie when Gene Wilder (Frankenstein) first meets Igor, Igor begs Frankenstein to "walk this way" and he starts sidling/walking in a weird way. Gene Wilder does the same.
Aerosmith wrote the song "Walk This Way" in tribute to the film, basically.

As far as songs that I listened to when I was a kid and didn't grasp...I guess a lot of the oldies (60's and 70's stuff) that my dad listened to was over my head. Take Neil Diamond's "Cherry Cherry". Yeah, obviously it's about a girl who's great in bed and Neil wants to get her back in there to see her moves again (read: a good lay). But when I was a kid I was just like "yay, it's a happy song!"

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
ramoth
ACER BANDIT

Member 692

Level 35.27

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 08:14 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2007, 05:14 PM #7 of 20
Actually that song was inspired by the Mel Brooks film Young Frankenstein. At one point in the movie when Gene Wilder (Frankenstein) first meets Igor, Igor begs Frankenstein to "walk this way" and he starts sidling/walking in a weird way. Gene Wilder does the same.
Aerosmith wrote the song "Walk This Way" in tribute to the film, basically.
A tribute that has nothing to do at all with the original film.

GENIUS. THEY'LL MAKE MILLIONS!!!!

Seriously calling bullshit on that. Also, I'll bet you're unaware that that song is way older than the Run DMC remix, and that their career was basically over until they did a co-tour with Run DMC. And some jerk had to go kill Jam Master Jay, what the fuck. World, get out.

Back on topic:

I actually understood most songs were about love and girls and stuff at a very young age, and eschewed almost all popular music for that reason. For the longest time the *only* "pop" (not counting classical/jazz/The Beatles) CD I owned was The President's Of The United States of America's eponymous album. It wasn't until 2002 when I got into Radiohead did that change.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by ramoth; Jun 26, 2007 at 08:19 PM.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 08:49 PM #8 of 20
I remember "Jump" and "Walk Like An Egyptian" as a kid. I still don't know what they're singing about...

I heard "Smells Like Teen Spirit" a few weeks ago and even the full translation makes zero sense. That just makes me feel stupid and contagious...

I remember "Nightrain" (GnR) from awhile ago and didn't realize he was referring to a type of liquor (figured it was just speeding on the highway or something). I don't drink alcohol, but the song now always crosses my mind when I down an energy drink during a cram session for school. Been doing that a lot recently. It's my "victory" song when I get something major finished.

I like how the artist for "I'm Turning Japanese" is very ambiguous about the meaning of the song. He's both admitted and denied it's a song about masturbation in seperate interviews.

God knows what they're talking about in my favorite Jpop songs.

Most amazing jew boots
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...

Last edited by Golfdish from Hell; Jun 26, 2007 at 08:55 PM.
Gechmir
Did you see anything last night?

Member 629

Level 46.64

Mar 2006

Old Jun 26, 2007, 09:28 PM Local time: Jun 26, 2007, 09:28 PM #9 of 20
Ahahaha. Classic hits with hidden sexual meanings (hidden to most) reminds me of a running gag from Arrested Development ='D Cripes, what song was it they kept singing...

Hey, maybe you should try that thing Chie was talking about.

Amayirot Akago
WRYYYYYYYYY!!

Member 12969

Level 21.07

Sep 2006

Old Jun 27, 2007, 03:34 AM Local time: Jun 27, 2007, 09:34 AM #10 of 20
Only thing that comes to mind is that wacky song "Shut Up And Sleep With Me" (artist unknown), which I constantly misinterpreted as "Slip With Me", Slip being some kinda dance I was not familliar with. Ah, how naive I was as a youngster.

Most amazing jew boots

Anime lover, gamer, and dreamer
RainMan
DAMND

Member 19121

Level 28.96

Feb 2007

Old Jun 27, 2007, 04:26 AM Local time: Jun 27, 2007, 04:26 AM #11 of 20
'In Bloom', by Nirvana, is a song about sexual maturity.

Most amazing jew boots
kupomog
you’ve been naughty

Member 705

Level 16.84

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2007, 05:58 AM Local time: Jun 27, 2007, 12:58 AM #12 of 20
When I was 5 I used to sing "I Touch Myself" all the time. I can remember one instance at my 6th birthday party singing the chorus to the Divinyls song and my aunts looked shocked and amused. Wasn't 'til I was about 14 that I finally understood the term and was just like "nooooo." And I guess "Love Shack" would be another one I sang but a lot of the lyrics are also just fun too.

Midna
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 18121

Level 20.86

Jan 2007

Old Jun 27, 2007, 08:38 AM Local time: Jun 27, 2007, 06:38 AM #13 of 20
kupomog, I think you win for "I Touch Myself". I cannot stop laughing over that one.

I was speaking idiomatically.
blue
blue

Member 6459

Level 22.39

May 2006

Old Jun 27, 2007, 08:50 AM #14 of 20
Ahahaha. Classic hits with hidden sexual meanings (hidden to most) reminds me of a running gag from Arrested Development ='D Cripes, what song was it they kept singing...
Which running gag, what?

It's like I can almost picture it in my head, but I can't... quite... remember.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jun 27, 2007, 06:55 PM #15 of 20
I'm right there with you, Kupomog. I used to sing parts of "I Touch Myself" at school. Thankfully I did realize that it had a dirty meaning, but I just didn't know what it was. That at least kept me from singing it around teachers.

Originally Posted by Gechmir
Haha, that was the best. It was "Afternoon Delight," apparently by the Starland Vocal Band.

Originally Posted by Afternoon Delight
Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight
gonna grab some afternoon delight.
My motto's always been; when it's right, it's right.
Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night.
When everything's a little clearer in the light of day.
And you know the night is always gonna be there any way.

Sky rockets in flight. Afternoon delight. Afternoon delight.

Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite
looking forward to a little afternoon delight.
Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite
and the thought of rubbin' you is getting so exciting.

Started out this morning feeling so polite
I always though a fish could not be caught who wouldn't bite
But you've got some bait a waitin' and I think I might try nibbling
a little afternoon delight.

Please be waiting for me baby when I come around.
We could make a lot of lovin' 'for the sun goes down.

FELIPE NO
Midna
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 18121

Level 20.86

Jan 2007

Old Jun 27, 2007, 08:47 PM Local time: Jun 27, 2007, 06:47 PM #16 of 20
Haha, that was the best. It was "Afternoon Delight," apparently by the Starland Vocal Band.
That song was out when I was really very young and I remember thinking it was about a sundae or something. I did used to sing that, but didn't know enough of the words for it matter. The little bit I did know was pretty much "Sky rockets in flight, afternoon delight, aaaaaaaafternoon delight", and that was as far as it went.

It is funny to me now that I thought it was about going out for dessert.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:58 AM #17 of 20
A tribute that has nothing to do at all with the original film.

GENIUS. THEY'LL MAKE MILLIONS!!!!

Seriously calling bullshit on that....
Read this.
They liked the "walk this way" gag from Young Frankenstein so much that they threw it into the lyrics and made a kind of tribute song to it.

Quote:
Let's just say that when I found out that "We Are The Champions" by Queen was really just Freddy Mercury's homosexually charged anthem I was in shock.
Are you sure?
I always thought "Princes of the Universe" was more of a "hey I'm a gay dude in the world" song.

^-^
A pretty face doesn't mean a pretty heart.

Member 769

Level 26.17

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 01:54 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 01:54 PM #18 of 20
Hotel California, by the eagles.

I seriously didn't know what it meant until I was about 19.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
WALK WITH THE DREAMERS,
THE BELIEVERS, THE COURAGEOUS,
THE CHEERFUL, THE PLANNERS, THE
DOERS, THE SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE WITH
THEIR HEADS IN THE CLOUDS AND THEIR
FEET ON THE GROUND. LET THEIR SPIRIT
IGNITE A FIRE WITHIN YOU TO LEAVE THIS
WORLD BETTER THAN WHEN YOU FOUND IT.
knkwzrd
you know i'm ready to party because my pants have a picture of ice cream cake on them

Member 482

Level 45.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 01:58 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 12:58 PM #19 of 20
I always thought "Princes of the Universe" was more of a "hey I'm a gay dude in the world" song.
Almost every song by Queen is about Freddie Mercury being gay when you really get down to it.

Most amazing jew boots
CelticWhisper
We've met before, haven't we?

Member 805

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Jul 3, 2007, 02:12 PM Local time: Jul 3, 2007, 01:12 PM #20 of 20
Hotel California, by the eagles.

I seriously didn't know what it meant until I was about 19.
Shit, I'm going on 24 and I still don't know what that song's about.

It is not my custom to go where I am not invited.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > She's a very kinky girl...