Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Hiroki Kikuta Solo Album!!
Closed Thread

Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:42 AM #1 of 28
Hiroki Kikuta Solo Album!!

To quote Square Music News:

Quote:
Some big news today for fans of Hiroki Kikuta: his biggest work in seven years and only solo album to date is being released. Called "Lost Files", with 18 tracks in total, this will only be available through his web site, but should reflect him back on top form. As fans of the Seiken Densetsu and Soukaigi composer may know, the composer struggled after masterminding the financial flop Koudelka, resulting in a long period of nothing being heard from him until his eventual involvement in a series of hentai games. One of his few chances to receive global attention again, composing for a Square Enix MMORPG, was unsuccessful, as the game was abandoned, and many fans of his Square works likely do not even know the composer is still around. Let's hope that this solo album will change that, despite its limited availability.

Thanks to KujaFFman of Squaremusic for revealing this wonderful news.
I thought all the Kikuta fans here would love to here this.

Most amazing jew boots
eriol33
nunally vi brittania commands you...

Member 1131

Level 41.71

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:52 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 11:52 PM #2 of 28
Available in his website? does that mean we could download it for free? I never heard his composition but I'm looking forward for it.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by eriol33; Mar 21, 2006 at 11:57 AM.
THE POWER OF WATER
listen here you little shit

Member 45

Level 48.64

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:56 AM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 09:56 AM #3 of 28
Originally Posted by eriol
Available in his website? does that mean we could download it for free?
I expect this means that it'll only be available for purchase through his site. There's also a tracklisting up there.

I never heard his composition but I'm looking for it.
You can pick up SPC sets for his soundtracks to Seiken Densetsu 2 and 3 at http://www.snesmusic.org/v2/profile....r&selected=385. Both games also have OSTs, in addition to Soukaigi and Koudelka.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Undertale (PC, 2015)
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:30 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 09:30 AM #4 of 28
Kikuta's back! Awesome! Though I know he did some h-games, I never heard any titles in specific, so I couldn't really check anything out. I wonder if cocoebiz could work with him to help distribute to foreigners.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:48 PM #5 of 28
Available in his website? does that mean we could download it for free? I never heard his composition but I'm looking forward for it.
Like that would happen. Yeah, available for purchase at his web site. When we receive more info (or a Japanese translator appears) we'll know more. If you want to check out Kikuta's work, I'd suggest the Soukaigi Original Soundtrack above all others, as it's his most accessible.

Quote:
Kikuta's back! Awesome! Though I know he did some h-games, I never heard any titles in specific, so I couldn't really check anything out. I wonder if cocoebiz could work with him to help distribute to foreigners.
If Kahori manages to stock the solo album, that'd be absolutely awesome. I wonder if she knows about it? *considers sending email*

I managed to download both of the promotional soundtracks released on behalf of his hentai works. Information about them is available here and here. Kikuta also worked on Ni~dzuma wa Sailor Fuku, though, as far as I know, there was no soundtrack release.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Nehmi
spectre of humanity

Member 684

Level 18.92

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:52 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 12:52 PM #6 of 28
Hot damn, this is some great news for sure. The only reason Kikuta isn't my favorate composer is because he never seemed to put anything new out after Soukaigi. This new album should be awesome. =D

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:56 PM #7 of 28
As I hope my post made clear, he's done a fair amount since Soukaigi, though mostly outside Square. Koudelka, the largely unsuccessful predecessor to the Shadow Hearts series, was both scored, storylined, directed, and inspired by him, and he has worked on three hentai scores and an abandoned SE MMORPG since. I'd recommend Koudelka's soundtrack and Sakura Relaxation's promotional album if you haven't heard them.

I'm a bit tentative about recommending my biography, since it was the first one I written, in great need of updating (I might do that today, actually), and rather amateurish but it gives a decent overview of his works. It can be found here.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Mr. X; Mar 21, 2006 at 01:58 PM.
Teioh
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 61

Level 21.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 01:01 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 08:01 PM #8 of 28
There is a soundtrack for Ni~duma wa Sailor Fuku. Seeing as Sakura Relaxation and Niiduma were both Puzzlebox games, there's a good chance he will work on their newest title "Oba no Shinshitsu" (Aunt's Bedroom), too. However, no composer was announced yet. Since Sora no Iro, Mizu no Iro was by Ciel, his last three works were in fact all game music for SP-Janis brands.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to his solo album.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Zanasea
Hamauzu Forever!

Member 1636

Level 11.82

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 01:28 PM Local time: Mar 21, 2006, 07:28 PM #9 of 28
Here is the link to Kikuta's website, where there are details about this album:

http://www.zephyr.dti.ne.jp/~deadtech/

Perhaps someone can translate?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 08:46 PM #10 of 28
Woot! Never know what to expect from a solo album, but I'm half expecting something akin to Secret of Mana+ (the 50 minute 1-track arranged album for Seiken 2 and 3). I am looking forward to this.

Too bad Sakura Relaxation saw such a patheticly limited release...It was one of my favorite soundtracks from last year.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Mar 21, 2006, 08:56 PM #11 of 28
Given that it's split into 18 tracks, it certainly won't be continuous like SoM+, though could be similar stylistically. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing more of Kikuta's progressive side that SoM+ provided, though most would probably disagree with me. Either way, I'm excited.

Oh, thanks to Teioh, some information about the other hentai soundtrack release is available here if anyone is interested. If anyone has a scan of the CD, it'd be awesome to have, but the information is otherwise complete.

Last edited by Mr. X; Mar 21, 2006 at 08:58 PM.
Elorin
Arcani

Member 1218

Level 30.33

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 06:11 AM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 07:11 PM #12 of 28
Wow, I'm really excited. I'm one of the ardent SoM+ supporters and would certainly hope to see something in that direction. I particularly like what he did with the "Ancient Dolphin" and ringing telephone sections. It was very unfortunate that Kikuta had to struggle with recouping from Koudelka. While the gameplay was rather flawed, it wasn't a bad game; other aspects of the game like the music (debatable :P) and characterization were well done.

One fanboy wish: bouncy Secret of Mana-ish tunes, please?

I think therefore I am... I think.
orion_mk3
Rogues do it from behind.

Member 1865

Level 52.14

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 08:43 AM #13 of 28
Good news. My one question: are there going to be vocals? Is this a song album? If so, I can immidiately discontinue all caring. If not, hooray!

Most amazing jew boots
Nuh
Can't carry wildflower

Member 2069

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 02:32 PM Local time: Mar 22, 2006, 08:32 PM #14 of 28
O_o
What an enlightening post this was. First of all: he's releasing a solo album! Wohoo! This is actually something I might consider *gasp* buying.

Secondly, I really didn't know Kikuta had released any new music since Koudelka! Wohoo! I'll have to start looking for that now unless, of course, someone could point me in the right direction right away . But how does the music of, say, Sakura Relaxation fare compared to earlier brilliance like SD2/3 or Soukaigi?

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Shoeless
The questgiver.

Member 834

Level 7.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 02:36 PM #15 of 28
I feel his Hentai works are superior to his Seiken Densetsu soundtracks.

FELIPE NO
bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 05:38 PM #16 of 28
While I'm glad to hear about this solo album and the fact that Kikuta is still composing music, what I really hope is that this will serve as a springboard to get him back into composing games. I was hoping that he'd be working on one of the Mana games that will be coming out but that wasn't the case. But again, it's great to see that he's stil alive and kicking. This album should be intriguing.

Most amazing jew boots
seanne
²°°

Member 69

Level 35.40

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 05:49 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 12:49 AM #17 of 28
Originally Posted by Nuh
Secondly, I really didn't know Kikuta had released any new music since Koudelka! Wohoo! I'll have to start looking for that now unless, of course, someone could point me in the right direction right away
Feel free to pick these up from my server here, or on VGM Central if you use DC (and are able to catch me online there). I should have all of the h-game soundtracks mentioned.

Nuh
Can't carry wildflower

Member 2069

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 22, 2006, 06:20 PM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 12:20 AM #18 of 28
Originally Posted by seanne
Feel free to pick these up from my server here, or on VGM Central if you use DC (and are able to catch me online there). I should have all of the h-game soundtracks mentioned.
I went ahead and did just that, I'm downloading right now. Thanks a lot!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Kanji
"Well, hello there, sugar tits."

Member 567

Level 16.46

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 01:43 AM Local time: Mar 23, 2006, 12:43 AM #19 of 28
Wow, I wasn't even aware that Kikuta did all this stuff after SD3.. rofl :1zhelp:
Cool news, though. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this..

Originally Posted by Elorin
One fanboy wish: bouncy Secret of Mana-ish tunes, please?
Wish seconded.

And a question! Which of the non-Seiken Densetsu albums did you guys enjoy more though? I guess it comes down to musical preference, but I want to get an idea of what people seem to like more. I'll probably go for downloadin' the preferred stuff first.

bishop743
The Liberated Guardian

Member 623

Level 40.29

Mar 2006

Old Mar 23, 2006, 07:55 AM #20 of 28
Of his non-Seiken Densetsu works, and there are very few, I really like Soukaigi the best. Even though I hear the game itself is horrible, musically it was pretty revolutionary, as it was among the first few games to incorporate live instruments. Also, I'd check out Sakura Relaxation too, because it also splendid and has a Secret of Mana type vibe to it.

Nuh
Can't carry wildflower

Member 2069

Level 5.11

Mar 2006

Old Mar 29, 2006, 06:47 AM Local time: Mar 29, 2006, 12:47 PM #21 of 28
Yeah, Soukaigi is still my favourite game-OST-album ever. Not a single weak song on there. But back to the topic: is there anyone who can translate what it says on the link Zanasea posted ( http://www.zephyr.dti.ne.jp/~deadtech/ )? Any mention of a release date or something?

Most amazing jew boots
FPI
Dreamlander

Member 599

Level 9.10

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 07:11 AM Local time: Mar 31, 2006, 12:11 PM #22 of 28
Too bad that there aren't any sound samples. Nevertheless, I'm sure this is worth checking out.

How ya doing, buddy?
el jacko
nobody knows

Member 838

Level 18.30

Mar 2006

Old Mar 31, 2006, 10:41 AM Local time: Apr 1, 2006, 12:41 AM #23 of 28
This is excellent news! Hiroki Kikuta is one of my favorite VGM artists and I am very sad nothing else by him has been released in awhile.

Also, anyone have the hentai game soundtracks? I made a formal request here.

FELIPE NO
Mr. X
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 1902

Level 21.68

Mar 2006

Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:05 PM #24 of 28
I'm not sure if this has been reported here already, but CocoeBiz / VGM World will be stocking the album:

Quote:
Mr Hiroki Kikuta has released his original album -Lost Field-, and this album will be available at vgmworld.com very soon. We are planning to have an short interview with him and run a promotional event. (Signed item) We will update the information as soon as possible!

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Kaleb.G
Kaleb Grace

Member 13

Level 43.47

Feb 2006

Old Apr 9, 2006, 06:04 PM Local time: Apr 9, 2006, 03:04 PM #25 of 28
Yes, just as I had hoped, VGM World has it! =D

http://www.vgmworld.com/catalog/inde...c&item_num=880

Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Music and Trading > General Game Music Discussion > Hiroki Kikuta Solo Album!!