Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

View Poll Results: What are your plans for owning a PS3?
I already own one. 20 15.27%
I plan on buying one very soon. 10 7.63%
I plan on owning one someday. 77 58.78%
I have no intention on every buying one. 24 18.32%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

[PS3] Plan on owning a PS3?

Chairman Kaga
ALL ABOARD!

Member 592

Level 9.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2007, 10:22 PM Local time: Jan 28, 2007, 01:22 PM #26 of 83
I'll be getting one in like 3 years time. No way I'll pay AUD$999 for one, although I can afford one.

::currently waiting for Team ICO's next game::

How ya doing, buddy?
The Wise Vivi

Member 136

Level 37.96

Mar 2006

Old Jan 27, 2007, 11:12 PM Local time: Jan 27, 2007, 11:12 PM #27 of 83
When the first NASCAR game and MGS 4 and GT5 come out, I will purchase a PS3. No sooner than that. I can't afford the system right now anyway.

Most amazing jew boots
Elixir
Banned

Member 54

Level 45.72

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 12:10 AM Local time: Jan 28, 2007, 06:10 PM #28 of 83
At the moment I have no interest in the console. There's a slim chance I'll get one in the future if the following things happen:

- Region-free modchip so all PS2 games work with the console, which I require considering I have J, US and PAL versions of PS2 games.

- Price drop. It's gonna be released here for $1200 NZD, and well, I'm not paying over $700 for one.

- Variety of games. The variety of the PS2 library is huge, and if there's some console must-haves like Zone of the Enders 3 released (this is if Hideo cares about anything other than MGS4) I might be interested.

Needless to say I won't be buying one in the next year.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Servilonus
Good Chocobo

Member 79

Level 15.45

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 12:34 AM #29 of 83
I'll get one when there's games I genuinely want to play, and I can afford it. So, not for a long time realistically. They might as well name it the Konami-Box as far as it concerns me, because the only games I'd really care for are MGS4 and anything Silent Hill related.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 01:00 AM #30 of 83
I voted for owning one down the line...Once the library has diversified with at least 10 or so killer games I want (hell, once I can NAME a game I want on it) and once the price for the "good" unit drops to around $300. Also, once I feel the need to "upgrade"...Which I don't see happening soon, since PS2 has plenty of upcoming games and a massive backlog as is and both Wii and 360 offer more compelling content ATM anyway.

I really do wonder if the day when it will be worth my time to buy a PS3 will ever come. The PS2 launch was a joke as it was, but Sony's really digging themselves a hole now.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
I'm taking over this town...
I'm screaming for vengenace...
I'm shouting at the devil...
I'm not dead and I'm not for sale...
Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time...
Chaotic
Waltz of the Big Dogs

Member 633

Level 45.75

Mar 2006

Old Jan 28, 2007, 01:34 AM #31 of 83
Not until they release DDR for the system.

FELIPE NO
tommyd
Larry Oji, Super Moderator, Judge, "Dirge for the Follin" Project Director, VG Frequency Creator

Member 18141

Level 2.62

Jan 2007

Old Feb 25, 2007, 02:44 AM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 12:44 AM #32 of 83
i saw a ps3 on our local craigslist for $400 BNIB...

:eeps:

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
RYU
Hoshi X Hayabusa

Member 173

Level 33.76

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 08:18 AM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 04:18 PM #33 of 83
When FFXIII ready I'll buy it

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Prons
Syklis Green

Member 19963

Level 7.40

Feb 2007

Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:06 AM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 08:06 AM #34 of 83
I'd like to own one, I just don't imagine myself buying one. Maybe later in it's cycle I will.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
electric_eye
PIMPLE

Member 7372

Level 18.98

May 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:17 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 06:17 PM #35 of 83
The day I consider buying a PS3 would be when my PS2 is faulty. I still play a lot of my old PlayStation games (and my other Nintendo consoles), to date I've only played a handful of PS2 games. I imagine I will buy it to play some older titles. Here's hoping my PS2 will last me for years to come...

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Matt
I gotta get my hand on those dragonballz!1

Member 923

Level 24.97

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:49 PM #36 of 83
I probably will sometime next year when I make decent money.
Unless MGS 4 comes out on XB360...

Redfield
Gooey Peach

Member 661

Level 6.75

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 01:37 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 10:37 AM #37 of 83
I'll be buying one, but I'll probably buy an XBox 360 [Dead Rising, Blue Dragon, Trusty Bell] first, and wait for a minor price drop on the PlayStation 3, which seems like it's going to happen soon, with some of the things Sony has been saying about making things cheaper.

I sure as hell won't be buying it for Final Fantasy XIII, though. My rule is, I don't buy anything that has Tetsuya Nomura involved (unless it's a new Parasite Eve, and he hasn't given Aya Brea a thousand damned belts, and a bathing suit as an outfit). I'll be buying it for the next Suikoden, White Knight Story, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Team Ico's latest project, and I'm hoping, Monster Rancher 6 (assuming it doesn't wind up being trash like 4 and EVO).

Most amazing jew boots
Masamune
Warrior

Member 16800

Level 1.60

Dec 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 03:19 PM #38 of 83
Well since Sony is planning to castrate ps3 in Europe (no ps2 compt.,etc etc..), i'm having serious doubt even getting one EVER. But the only thing what's stopping me is MGS4, if it's released on xbox360 i'm getting that one...i HATE SONY , really they can go to hell...

Spatula
Politically Incorrect

Member 617

Level 43.41

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 04:27 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 02:27 PM #39 of 83
The day I consider buying a PS3 would be when my PS2 and I beat the crap out of that game RING OF RED
Fixed.

I'm along the same boat here. I would get a 360 first, then the PS3 much later after that. At least with the PS2 and lack of PS3 for now, I still have some inclination to play the old PS1 RPGs that beckon me (Xenosaga and Star Ocean 2 for example).

FELIPE NO

- What we all do best -
Pokey
killhouse

Member 15382

Level 9.89

Nov 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 05:43 PM Local time: Feb 25, 2007, 04:43 PM #40 of 83
I have a cousin that bought one, so i'll just jack his when MGS4 comes out

As everyone else has said though, there aren't enough sufficient launch titles to consider buying one.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Slayer X
Why do you not draw your sword?

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 07:27 PM #41 of 83
Masamune: You might want to find out what's actually happening before you pretend to know what you're talking about. Sony isn't removing anything, the fact is that PAL games have different coding then NTSC games, therefore the BC has to be reprogrammed from scratch. And it's going to be BC with PS2 & 1 games, it's just going to take a couple of months to get it to 96%, same thing happened here. Only games that don't work are low budget "John Doe's Tournament Lawn Bowling" that no one cares about and two people own anyway. At least it's nothing major like copies of FF Tactics not working on the original PS2.

As for launch of the PS3, technically it's Sony's best launch yet by FAR. Sales are almost double that of when the PS2 launched, and the games for the PS3 are 500X better then the PS2 launch titles. With the NA launch really just a soft launch and the Euro launch the true launch the real beginning of the system, things are looking a lot brighter for the PS3 then they looked for the PS2 when it launched, and look where it went.

Last edited by Slayer X; Feb 25, 2007 at 07:31 PM.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 08:07 PM #42 of 83

As for launch of the PS3, technically it's Sony's best launch yet by FAR. Sales are almost double that of when the PS2 launched, and the games for the PS3 are 500X better then the PS2 launch titles. With the NA launch really just a soft launch and the Euro launch the true launch the real beginning of the system, things are looking a lot brighter for the PS3 then they looked for the PS2 when it launched, and look where it went.
Funny, I was thinking the exact opposite...I thought the PS3 launch games made the awful PS2 launch look brilliant by comparison. And I don't really see how the European launch can be considered the "true" launch, considering the system was originally just delayed there.

Eh, I think PS2 launch was still much better...You had a $300 system with a viable purpose (DVD player) compared to a $600 system with a purpose that a small minority cares about (Blu Ray, which may turn out to be the next big nothing). That, plus the jump in visuals from PS1 to PS2 was dramatic. PS2 to PS3 has been...Um, not so much thus far.

Lastly, sales may be higher, but also factor in the number of people who bought them solely for ebay scalping. Also, there's the fact that the system can actually be found nowadays on the shelves...Wasn't the case with PS2 for a long time.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 08:21 PM #43 of 83
Considering that all the games have been pushed back until the Euro launch, the NA launch was only a soft launch really.

March:
F1
MotorStorm
Oblivion
FEAR
Armoured Core
RS: Vegas
Godfather
Virtua Tennis 3
Enchanted Arms
Splinter Cell

What has been released since NA launch?? VF5, while it's a great game, so are a lot of the mentioned which were all held off till Euro launch, others were simply pushed back to launch when the system goes world-wide.

As for Blu-Ray the player is a bonus. As the PS2 was with DVD, the PS3 has BR because games are getting large to the point where it is needed for GAMES. LAIR is 20GB, Unreal Tournament 2007 30GB, and Blue Dragon for the 360 is 3 DVDs and we're barely past the first baby steps of next gen.

As for the graphic differental the leap will become smaller from one gen to the next. Doesn't matter what system you're talking about.

As for your point about people buying them to sell them on E-bay at launch. How is that a bad thing? That means that there's poeple on the other end willing to pay 200% or more for the console so I don't know how you think that that's bad for Sony in some way.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:01 PM #44 of 83
Quote:
Considering that all the games have been pushed back until the Euro launch, the NA launch was only a soft launch really.

March:
F1
MotorStorm
Oblivion
FEAR
Armoured Core
RS: Vegas
Godfather
Virtua Tennis 3
Enchanted Arms
Splinter Cell

What has been released since NA launch?? VF5, while it's a great game, so are a lot of the mentioned which were all held off till Euro launch, others were simply pushed back to launch when the system goes world-wide.
Eh...Most of the games here are non-exclusive and a good number are already out for 360 anyway. It'd be hard to make a case for any of them as justifying a PS3 purchase. So it's more like March is when PS3 takes a step closer to matching 360's library.

Quote:
As for Blu-Ray the player is a bonus. As the PS2 was with DVD, the PS3 has BR because games are getting large to the point where it is needed for GAMES. LAIR is 20GB, Unreal Tournament 2007 30GB, and Blue Dragon for the 360 is 3 DVDs and we're barely past the first baby steps of next gen.
I've heard a bigger concern is getting the data to stream off the disc and it's slower to do this with a blue laser. Depends which developer you ask, I guess. Still, swapping discs can't be that big of an issue...

Regardless, you're not really gaining as much as people were with the PS2's DVD player. Blu Ray is just too new to be considered the next "must have" format, whereas it was obvious DVD was on the verge of taking off at PS2's launch...

Quote:
As for the graphic differental the leap will become smaller from one gen to the next. Doesn't matter what system you're talking about.
No, but going from a generation where the difference is painstakingly obvious (PS1 3D graphics) to this next jump should make people wonder what exactly the big deal is. I'm personally more than content graphically with the PS2/XBOX/GC gen's output and am far less willing to pay for prettier graphics than I was last gen.

Quote:
As for your point about people buying them to sell them on E-bay at launch. How is that a bad thing? That means that there's poeple on the other end willing to pay 200% or more for the console so I don't know how you think that that's bad for Sony in some way.
I said it's bad because you can find the system on the shelves nowadays, whereas you simply couldn't walk into a store and buy a PS2 for months. That's a sign that interest in the system is dwindling and Sony needs to make a better effort in getting people interested. Meanwhile, the ebay market for the systems dropped dramatically in the span of less than a month and even before Christmas...Systems going for $2000 or so at preorder started going for their actual retail price or slightly higher.

Last edited by Golfdish from Hell; Feb 25, 2007 at 10:04 PM.
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:15 PM #45 of 83
Well if they didn't also come out for the PS3 then they would be exclusive to the 360. It is required to take away your opposition's weapons as well as make your own. Therefore making games not on 360 ONLY is almost as inportant as making games that are PS3 only, decreasing the 360's exclusivity.

As for getting the information off discs, has there been any problems yet? Also unlike the 360, all PS3s have and HDD and developers and develop knowing that and can use the HDD to decrease loading times. Check IGN's preview of Oblivion for the PS3, 30 second load times has been decreased to roughly 6 seconds onthe PS3 version, so I don't think data access is an issue.

If graphical leaps arn't a big deal to you then why are you so concerned? If there's PS2/XBOX/GC games you want to play then play them. Just know that new games will be on next gen systems which is why I bought a 360 and a PS3. Lord knows that I still play my PS2 more then anything else still.

It's bad because there's systems on shelves, or because sales are low? I'm not saying that the sales are doing all that hot howecer they're still higher then the PS2 was at this time after launch. And the reason why there were fewer PS2s at this time was because Sony was only producing 450,000 a month where the PS3 is 1,000,000 for NA alone.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 10:47 PM #46 of 83
If graphical leaps arn't a big deal to you then why are you so concerned? If there's PS2/XBOX/GC games you want to play then play them. Just know that new games will be on next gen systems which is why I bought a 360 and a PS3. Lord knows that I still play my PS2 more then anything else still.
That's more or less my concern...I don't know if PS3 will ever get to the point of being the no-brainer purchase the PS2 is right now. Everything just looks overpriced (games and system) and underwhelming at the moment and it's becoming far less likely Sony will be able to generate the same type of library and overall value the PS2 had. I plan on buying one once I see games I'm interested in and they drop the price to something remotely respectable, but even now, both Nintendo and Microsoft are making much stronger cases for themselves, in terms of price, innovation and content.

I hope they end up doing well, but I do think they're blundering this entire launch period and losing a lot of steam.

Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 11:03 PM #47 of 83
Well the 360 is a force in NA and Euro, however Sony has Japan and UK locked down already with 2:1 PS3 to 360 in Japan. And the Wii really isn't in direct competition with the other two because it has an experiance that can't be copied by the other two nor can it copy Sony or MS so in other words the Wii's not really going to take away from the other two.

As to which of the PS3 or 360 wins is none of my concern. They're both going to have great exclusive games hands down, and to pick one is just limiting your experiance. However I'm also not going to call you a fool if you choose to wait in order to keep you from going bankrupt, because preices WILL come down.

What is my real concern, if you look over the last 2 gens, when the market was one sided. Sure it was easy to buy a PS system and you were set, however that was at the same time the factor that decreased advancement in the industry, without competition there was no reason to move ahead. I'm more interested in game mechanics then physical innovation like the Wii. And with the Sony lockdown on the industry developers have been able to lie back and make the same thing over and over and people were forced to like it or play nothing at all. My hopes with the 360 actually a competator for Sony, the two companies will force the lazy ass developers to wake the hell up and make games that are different and actually USE the power of these systems. Not so much in the way of graphics, more like how Blinx was for the Xbox in it's early days, it showed what an HDD in a system can do. Since the PS2 got a stranglehold on the industry after that point developers have just stopped trying to make things NEW. Which is my real problem.

In the end while we may not have a jump like we did from SNES to PS1, if the heated competition of 360 VS PS3 keeps steam it will be in the gamer's interest. No more of this one system to rule all BS, that's the worst thing that could happen. No matter who the one is. If the competition can keep up until the PS3 and the 720 come out then we might get our first technological leap after over a decade of market dominence on Sony's part.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Slayer X; Feb 25, 2007 at 11:06 PM.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 11:30 PM #48 of 83
Well the 360 is a force in NA and Euro, however Sony has Japan and UK locked down already with 2:1 PS3 to 360 in Japan. And the Wii really isn't in direct competition with the other two because it has an experiance that can't be copied by the other two nor can it copy Sony or MS so in other words the Wii's not really going to take away from the other two.

As to which of the PS3 or 360 wins is none of my concern. They're both going to have great exclusive games hands down, and to pick one is just limiting your experiance. However I'm also not going to call you a fool if you choose to wait in order to keep you from going bankrupt, because preices WILL come down.

What is my real concern, if you look over the last 2 gens, when the market was one sided. Sure it was easy to buy a PS system and you were set, however that was at the same time the factor that decreased advancement in the industry, without competition there was no reason to move ahead. I'm more interested in game mechanics then physical innovation like the Wii. And with the Sony lockdown on the industry developers have been able to lie back and make the same thing over and over and people were forced to like it or play nothing at all. My hopes with the 360 actually a competator for Sony, the two companies will force the lazy ass developers to wake the hell up and make games that are different and actually USE the power of these systems. Not so much in the way of graphics, more like how Blinx was for the Xbox in it's early days, it showed what an HDD in a system can do. Since the PS2 got a stranglehold on the industry after that point developers have just stopped trying to make things NEW. Which is my real problem.

In the end while we may not have a jump like we did from SNES to PS1, if the heated competition of 360 VS PS3 keeps steam it will be in the gamer's interest. No more of this one system to rule all BS, that's the worst thing that could happen. No matter who the one is. If the competition can keep up until the PS3 and the 720 come out then we might get our first technological leap after over a decade of market dominence on Sony's part.
See, I agree with most of this...Which is why I'm disappointed the content thus far hasn't been more compelling for PS3, in order to justify the price tag. Mind you, I'm not in love with the 360's library just yet, but their strategy is making far more sense to me and I really do appreciate the effort they're going to in order to correct their (many) mistakes from last gen (including a strong offering of exclusive JRPG's, something completely off limits from the original Xbox). It's refreshing compared to Sony's arrogant stances on everything. Sony better have a decent answer for Halo 3 if it comes out this year or else this "war" may end prematurely.

I think Wii will end up being more of an actual competitor than you say though...In many ways, it already has because people will still have a limited amount of money to throw at their gaming set-up. Buying a Wii game may still take away from a PS3 game you're planning to buy and the time spent playing it can also possibly compete with time spent with other consoles. Also consider: It launched nose-to-nose with PS3 with a decided killer app, cheaper price and pack-in game and did exceptionally well for itself in endearing itself to the media and many skeptics. I'm looking forward to testing the limits of the new control scheme in new games than going through prettied up rehashes and sequels I've seen thus far on PS3.

How ya doing, buddy?
Slayer X

Member 1205

Level 33.36

Mar 2006

Old Feb 25, 2007, 11:55 PM #49 of 83
To expect a killer app at launch is highly unrealistic. And in my opinion Resistance is the best launch title ever to me, because while I'm an RPG fan, Zelda is too easy and I don't have fun playing it. The only reason why the Wii sold well is due to Zelda, which doesn't even show off the Wii's controls all that well.

More to point though, the Wii is not going to cut into PS3 and 360 sales because if someone is looking to get the same features and whatnot one a Wii as you would on a 360 or a PS3 will be highly disapointed and visa-versa. The Wii will do well, but you will find that the success will depend on thoes who arn't already into gaming then thoes who are which will be the key to their success, however not really affecting Sony or MS directly all that much.

Also Halo 3 will be big, but once again that is a North American thing and not really something that appeals to the masses like Final Fantasy and MGS does internationally. In Europe and Japan the largest genre is the RPG genre which is something that MS fails to accomplish time and time again with games like Sudeki, Enchanted Arms, Blue Dragon. While the games are decent, they're not enough to stand up to NIS, ATLAS, Square, etc.

Sony's strategy really isn't to so much compete with the PS3 this year as it is to compete with the PS2 and build on the PS3. Then by the end of '07 they will switch to the PS3 with hopefully a good line of killer apps like MGS4, FFXIII, MotorStorm, KILLZONE 2, etc. If Sony doesn't get the games up by the end of this year then they will not be the "popular" system.

All in all though, things have changed a lot in the past decade. It's not like it was in the PS1 and earlier days where you needed to secure the market to turn a profit. Today even the last place competetor will still be laughing all the way to the bank because what they'll make off the launch systems alone over 5 years of software would be more then enough to sustain a small country. Therefore thoes who think that being the "popular" system is key to success then you need to get with the times because if that were the case then Nintendo should be long gone by now with 2 generations of "not being THE popular one".

Last edited by Slayer X; Feb 25, 2007 at 11:58 PM.
Golfdish from Hell
Screaming for Vengeance

Member 632

Level 40.53

Mar 2006

Old Feb 26, 2007, 01:20 AM #50 of 83
Quote:
To expect a killer app at launch is highly unrealistic. And in my opinion Resistance is the best launch title ever to me, because while I'm an RPG fan, Zelda is too easy and I don't have fun playing it. The only reason why the Wii sold well is due to Zelda, which doesn't even show off the Wii's controls all that well.
I won't argue too much about this point, because I haven't been personally interested in the 3D Zeldas (though Twilight Princess looks to be the best one yet), but my first response seeing Resistance was "same old, same old". It's fitting that an FPS be considered the system's killer app nowadays, but...eh. I wouldn't say its' generated the same hype as Halo did and it doesn't have the universal appeal the Marios did.

Quote:
More to point though, the Wii is not going to cut into PS3 and 360 sales because if someone is looking to get the same features and whatnot one a Wii as you would on a 360 or a PS3 will be highly disapointed and visa-versa. The Wii will do well, but you will find that the success will depend on thoes who arn't already into gaming then thoes who are which will be the key to their success, however not really affecting Sony or MS directly all that much.
See I think differently. Wii will not compete graphically with either, which is fine with me. It will succeed based on new gamers, which is a devious marketing strategy. However, there are people who are simply tired of entire genres of games or never liked some to begin with (FPS and sports come to mind for me) and may look to the Wii as a legitimately different way of playing them. And in any case, all 3 are in direct competition for the finite resources of every gamer: money, time and shelf space. I mean, it says a lot to me that I'm actually looking forward to picking up Super Swing Golf the day I pick up my Wii (probably along with Super Paper Mario) moreso than anything else out for PS3 or 360 right now...I normally hate golf.

Quote:
In Europe and Japan the largest genre is the RPG genre which is something that MS fails to accomplish time and time again with games like Sudeki, Enchanted Arms, Blue Dragon. While the games are decent, they're not enough to stand up to NIS, ATLAS, Square, etc.
No offense, but that seems like an odd statement. Sudeki and Enchanted Arms...bleah, they're low tier, but Blue Dragon is a major coupe for the 360. Think about it: The guys responsible for Final Fantasy and Toriyama working together exclusively for Microsoft is a huge deal in Japan (and was reflected in console sales, albeit not as dramatically as something bearing the actual FF logo, but still impressive). And it's just a start from them. On top of that, Trusty Bell and Eternal Sonata from Tri Crescendo. Along with Lost Odyssey, that's four fairly high-profile JRPG's on the horizon, which ain't bad. And on top of that, NIS has been slow to announce support for PS3. Given their graphics are strictly PS1 quality (again, not a bad thing), do they really need to go to the next gen and put up with the higher development costs? And on that subject...Dragon Quest IX. DS. That's a major "ouch" for Sony.

Quote:
Sony's strategy really isn't to so much compete with the PS3 this year as it is to compete with the PS2 and build on the PS3. Then by the end of '07 they will switch to the PS3 with hopefully a good line of killer apps like MGS4, FFXIII, MotorStorm, KILLZONE 2, etc. If Sony doesn't get the games up by the end of this year then they will not be the "popular" system.
Well, I'm just sayin'...It doesn't look good with a $600 system out there with little content with two competitors looking stronger by the second. Remember: Nintendo hopes to get Mario Galaxy, Smash Brothers and Metroid Prime out this year as well, all potential system sellers.

Quote:
All in all though, things have changed a lot in the past decade. It's not like it was in the PS1 and earlier days where you needed to secure the market to turn a profit. Today even the last place competetor will still be laughing all the way to the bank because what they'll make off the launch systems alone over 5 years of software would be more then enough to sustain a small country. Therefore thoes who think that being the "popular" system is key to success then you need to get with the times because if that were the case then Nintendo should be long gone by now with 2 generations of "not being THE popular one".
I never said Sony had to win. I just said they have shit for content right now, an ego streak that makes me want to slap some sense into their corporate figureheads and a lot of ground to make up if I'm to take them seriously. I don't care if they win...I just care if they can generate the 10 or so games and the price drop they'll need to get me into their fold.

How ya doing, buddy?

Last edited by Golfdish from Hell; Feb 26, 2007 at 01:35 AM.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Plan on owning a PS3?