Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

This is totally lame...

Alice
For Great Justice!

Member 600

Level 38.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:43 PM #26 of 36
Listen to russ. He knows what he's talking about. Girls do not prefer a nervous guy to a cocky one. Confidence is the most attractive trait a guy can have, and if you two don't know each other, all she has to go on is that first impression.

Nervousness is not attractive. Really it isn't.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:43 PM #27 of 36
Yeha, you want to show some backbone. Are you a funny guy? I know alot of girls like guys that can make them laugh, not a complete joker at all times. Girls really don't know what they want b/c they want a little bit of everything which worked for me b/c I'm a bit of a "Jack of All Trades"

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
XerxesTheMighty
Weapon X

Member 105

Level 8.35

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:01 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 09:01 PM #28 of 36
Damn right. Show some backbone! You march right up to her and ask if she would be interested in a game of AD&D or her thoughts on last week's SciFriday! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. In all honesty I'm pretty much the same way you are Smoodle. Try to find some common ground on which you can formulate a conversation and then just be natural around her and let it all randomly sort out.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

SO SAY WE ALL
Why Am I Allowed to Have Gray Paint
Fookin' Prawns!

Member 56

Level 24.48

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:03 PM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 04:03 AM #29 of 36
Hmm. I see what you mean about not wanting to be perceived as "cocky" but like Russ said, there's a middle ground. I'd prefer to aim for "assertive" and "self-assured" rather than cocky. If you mumble and mince your words when you approach a girl, she's going to see straight through to the reasons why. Even if she's wrong about those reasons, she may make assumptions about the rest of your character based on your initial approach, probably not favourable ones either.

Without wanting to sound like egomaniac (because I REALLY am not, trust me) I feel that I exude a certain level of confidence (at least when i'm having a good day) and the difference it has on everyone is just amazing. It was a hard thing to learn and I learned it late but now that i'm finally comfortable with who I am, it's great.

It's perhaps a cliche but once you like yourself and are comfortable with that, you can really get people to warm to you.

Most amazing jew boots
Reznor
Good Chocobo

Member 336

Level 19.24

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:16 PM #30 of 36
There's a huge difference between cockiness and arrogance.

Cockiness just means you're good at what you do. Arrogance means you're a dick.

Come on, get real.

To be honest, the best thing you can do is be yourself.

If a girl doesn't like you... RAPE HER. No, seriously. Rape Her. Anyway, if she doesn't like you for who you are... whether it be shy or what not, then obviously she's never going to like you. Why pretend you're self-assured if you're not? Just do what feels right to you.

Don't put on some phony act, don't act like you're someone you're not. That's even worse than being unattractive.

The only reason why girls like me is because, A) I'm a dick, B) I'm "mysterious" (this translates to "He's quiet.") and C) Because I CAN be a sweetheart.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
russ
Go-kart track, grocery store, those remote control boats...

Member 222

Level 36.56

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:19 PM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 10:19 PM #31 of 36
Originally Posted by XerxesTheMighty
You march right up to her and ask if she would be interested in a game of AD&D or her thoughts on last week's SciFriday!
That might be the funniest thing that I have read all day.

As far as the nervousness thing goes, if you are meeting a girl for the first time and you're coming off as being really nervous about talking to her, most of the time, she will not be thinking to herself "aww how cute he's nervous". She will be thinking something closer to "what the heck is this guy's problem, why can't he form a complete sentence". That usually won't get you very far, unless you're just extremely good looking.

FELIPE NO
I didn't say I wouldn't go fishin' with the man.
All I'm sayin' is, if he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.
Traumatized Rat
Final Fantasy VI

Member 294

Level 31.22

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:21 PM #32 of 36
Reznub: I'm convinced it is your propensity to reward rejection with sexual assult that makes you so utterly irresistible.

GTFO n00b.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Misogynyst Gynecologist
In A Way, He Died In Every War

Member 389

Level 49.28

Mar 2006

Old Mar 12, 2006, 11:41 PM #33 of 36
Originally Posted by Smoodle
I don't want to fuck up my first contact with her.
If you look anything like your avatar, there is no help for you, short of plastic surgery. It looks like your mother fucked a walrus.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Smoodle
The real NanaMan

Member 1713

Level 11.34

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:47 AM Local time: Mar 12, 2006, 11:47 PM #34 of 36
Hey, fuck you, that is me. But I'm making a face.

How ya doing, buddy?
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:35 PM #35 of 36
ignore lehah, he's just like that. But yeah, show some back bone.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > This is totally lame...