Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

The topic of Abortion

Monkey King
Gentleman Shmupper

Member 848

Level 30.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2006, 01:27 PM Local time: Mar 8, 2006, 12:27 PM #26 of 39
I side with Robo Jesus. There is no winning this argument. All abortion debates end with both sides shouting at each other to no avail, because there's just no way to achieve consensus on the subject. Either you believe life begins at conception or you don't. It's a matter of faith (depsite how much the anti-abortionists try to insist it's fact) and you cannot change someone's faith with mere words alone.

Most amazing jew boots
Sword Familiar
uhu

Member 1159

Level 16.67

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 01:00 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 07:00 PM #27 of 39
I think abortion is ok if you think that you`re not ready to have a kid. Be it a financial issue or just simply the fact that you think you`re not ready to be a parent, abortion is a valid option in my opinion. As cruel as it might sound, I think that if you`re not able to give your child a good life then the best choice might actually be not giving it a life at all. It just wasn`t supposed to be. The same goes for rape victims and people who just plain mess up. Although I don`t think that a person who gets knocked up/knocks someone up because she/he was too lazy to use preventive measures before having sex deserves to have an abortion, they shouldn`t be prevented to do so if they didn`t intend to bring a child to this world in the first place.

I just don`t see abortion as murder.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Sword Familiar; Mar 9, 2006 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Automerged double post.
ComCrimson
MYV

Member 115

Level 12.39

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 01:12 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 07:12 PM #28 of 39
I'm kind of undecided on this topic. On one side, i think abortion is ok at a certain stage in pregnancy (personaly i think it should be lower than it already is) because then it doesn't kill a nearly developed human being. I also think it's acceptable depending on who the person. If the child is the result of a one night stand and the mother won't be able to cope with a child or she's pretty messed up or whatever, then abortion is an option at an early stage.

However, i'm against it in the sense that, it is killing a potential human life and it's just a nasty thing to do. I mean, it's all very well for me to say 'If you don't want the child, then just have it adopted when it arrives' but it's not that simple.

I'm not really for or against it

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Cheers B4!
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 04:41 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 05:41 PM #29 of 39
I have said this in previous threads, and I guess I will state it again:
The primary issue here is where does human life begin?

Like Sass poignantly voiced, she obviously doesn't think a baby gestating is anything more than a parasite. Obviously, she does not consider an unborn baby to be human.
And then there are the pro-lifers who say that a human life begins as soon as you have a fertilized embryo, and the rest is up to fate, or God, or whatever, and the decision about what happens to that life is ethically not our own anymore.

So anyways, new direction to steer this thread:
Where/when does life begin, AND WHY?

I was speaking idiomatically.
Vemp
fuuuuuu

Member 929

Level 33.83

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 07:06 PM Local time: Mar 10, 2006, 08:06 AM #30 of 39
Your Life is not to be determined by other people. No one else can say when Life begins but you. You may be breathing, walking, and alive, but is that really Life?

How ya doing, buddy?
Magi
Big Trouble

Member 541

Level 26.51

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 07:13 PM Local time: Mar 9, 2006, 05:13 PM #31 of 39
Originally Posted by t(-_-t)
Where/when does life begin, AND WHY?
My sister, who happened to be a Christian, tell me this as food for thought: In a debate, a scientist stated that the life, indeed began as conception, the problem is, can you considered the cells which is now being set in motion by a series of biological programing to be human? Or should we equate those cell to be a developed human baby? And at what point, do a group of cell is human, that's the question. The fact of matter is, we do not hold all life at the same values, we only give value to them because they happend to be human.

And here I am, throwing in something else, how about embryos, that has received an specific engineered biological instruction not to become fully developed? Do you considered this embryo to be human also?

FELIPE NO
Furby
Soon...

Member 327

Level 27.95

Mar 2006

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:38 PM #32 of 39
I have gone through the whole process. I'm pro-choice but it's not something that I have gone through and that I'm proud off. It's up to the person whether or not they decide to go for it but you have to take every option into mind.

And you have to get yourself mentally ready for it because it will fuck you up mentally and emotionally. I haven't been the same since it happened.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Chibi Neko
The hell am I doing here?

Member 922

Level 27.65

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 01:25 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 02:55 AM #33 of 39
I think abortion should stay legal, rape and the health of the mother are the number one reasons, however there are others.

Not all abortions happen because the mother wants to do it. The first ultrasound can tell more than just the baby's gender, it can detect things like a birth defect that will give the child a very low quality of life (like a vegetative state for example) and sometimes the baby's health could be so poor, it could be a still-born. It is a tough situation, but many mothers do go through an abortion in that case.

Abortion can be done right. When the fetus is developed enough to be called a baby, then I do not think a abortion is the way to go if both the baby and mother are healthy, the mother can always put it up for adoption, however in the first trimester, especially in the first two months I do not see anything wrong with a abortion whatever the reason.

I’ll probably be attacked for saying this, but to me, a embryo is not a baby, a fetus in the first month or two is not a baby either, it is a group of living cells like a plant, that can grow to me more, unless you pick it. It is the same as a egg is not a chicken… but it CAN become one, and a blueprint is not a building… but it can if you work on it.

I also look at the fact that if Mary Sue next door wants an abortion, then that is up to her alone, it’s got nothing to do with me or the rest of the community. That is why I grumble at all the ‘pro-life’ activists, they don’t know the reasons why some mothers get abortions, nor should they care because it’s got nothing to do with them. If the pro-life activist get their way, that means a lot of unwanted or unhealthy children will be born, also some women and teenage girls lives will be at great risk depending on the complications they have with the pregnancy. They should also think about the unwanted children, some parents will accept the fact and become good parents, but that isn’t always the case, other unwanted kids will be treated differently and in some cases… abused, (That is my look on how they are treated, I really wish I had some accurate statistics to go on)

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Amanda
Dive into the Heart

Member 716

Level 11.94

Mar 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 02:03 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 04:33 AM #34 of 39
Strangely, I don't see the majority of pro-lifers lining up to adopt all those unwanted kids. Funny how the kids stop mattering the second they pop out of the womb and lose fetus status.

It's easy to pontificate when it doesn't involve investing one iota of personal commitment or responsibility. Maybe that should be the trade-off for this whole abortion-banning thing. Pro-lifers want to ban abortions? Then require every one of them to adopt at least one of those rape-or-incest babies they're so dead-set on forcing women to carry to term.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

The closer you get to light, the greater your shadow becomes.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 13, 2006, 02:41 AM Local time: Mar 13, 2006, 12:41 AM #35 of 39
I don't really like scrambled eggs, but it's not a huge deal to me if my neighbor does.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > The Quiet Place > The topic of Abortion