Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

Cooking time rules.

Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:26 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 09:26 PM #1 of 5
Cooking time rules.

I just thought that this would be a good thread to just have a generic cooking guide for everyone who might make some food. I think it would be nice to have it operate somewhat like the music sharing threads in the Concert Hall work. I will also continuously edit this post as a good index for everyone to reference.

To start off, I am going to be cooking a ham tomorrow, but I completely forgot how long and at what temperature I should do this at. So, does anyone know the cooking parameters? Anyone who can help, I would be very thankful to.

Ham - precooked:
-Oven
*Temp: 140°

Ham - uncooked
-Oven
*Temp: 160°

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Fjordor; Mar 15, 2006 at 09:50 PM.
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 08:37 PM #2 of 5
Originally Posted by Fjordor
I just thought that this would be a good thread to just have a generic cooking guide for everyone who might make some food. I think it would be nice to have it operate somewhat like the music sharing threads in the Concert Hall work. I will also continuously edit this post as a good index for everyone to reference.

To start off, I am going to be cooking a ham tomorrow, but I completely forgot how long and at what temperature I should do this at. So, does anyone know the cooking parameters? Anyone who can help, I would be very thankful to.

Ham:
-Oven
*Time:?
*Temp:?
Taken from cooks.com

HOW TO COOK A HAM

1. Soak ham overnight.
2. Scrub ham well.
3. Add 1 quart of cold water and bring to a boil at 500 degrees for 30 minutes (in oven).
4. Turn oven off for three hours.
5. Turn oven to 500 degrees and cook for 30 minutes more.
6. Turn oven off and leave ham stand overnight or until cool.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
RacinReaver
Never Forget

Member 7

Level 44.22

Feb 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 09:38 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 07:38 PM #3 of 5
There should be a guide on the outside of the ham telling you what temperature the inside needs to get to in order for it to be done. If not, it ought to have a guide for weight -> cooking time guide. Of course, that way is only a guideline since the specific geometries of the ham determine how long it takes for the inside to warm up.

http://www.cooksrecipes.com/tips/mea...ure-chart.html

That table should be useful, though.

Also, don't forget that meat cooks after you take it out of the oven, since there's still heat inside of the meat. Some of this will make its way to the inside of the meat heating it a few degrees past what it was when you took it out of the oven. Lower temperatures lead to a more even heating of the meat and higher temperatures will cook the outside fast while leaving the inside not as cooked (probably not what you'd want for a ham).

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old Mar 15, 2006, 09:47 PM Local time: Mar 15, 2006, 10:47 PM #4 of 5
Originally Posted by xSummonerYUnax
Taken from cooks.com

HOW TO COOK A HAM

1. Soak ham overnight.
2. Scrub ham well.
3. Add 1 quart of cold water and bring to a boil at 500 degrees for 30 minutes (in oven).
4. Turn oven off for three hours.
5. Turn oven to 500 degrees and cook for 30 minutes more.
6. Turn oven off and leave ham stand overnight or until cool.
Do you mock me madame?

Most amazing jew boots
xSummonerYUnax
transcience

Member 1170

Level 15.62

Mar 2006

Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:11 PM #5 of 5
Of course not.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Network > I make a bitch sandwich > Cooking time rules.