Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Question] The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2017: Super Deluxe Gold Voting Edition w/ loot boxes
Closed Thread

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 20, 2018, 03:45 AM 3 #1 of 21
Here we go, 2017!

Knack 2 - 5 Points

Let's start with Knack 2, which was clearly the best game of 2017. Okay, maybe not, but I do want to give it some credit for being way better than I'd expected considering its very existence is a joke. I haven't played too much of it yet, but I really like its treasure chest mechanic of giving you a choice between the item you found or one that several of your friends got from that chest instead. It offers some decision making in your progression while not punishing missing chests right away.

Never Stop Sneakin' - 5 Points

This is a super fun rogue-like that focuses on being stealthy while moving quickly. Its dialogue is fantastic, and it's such a huge departure from the company's last game, Dust.

Stardew Valley - 5 Points

Look, parenting is hard and it was my first day. I'd give Stardew more than 5 points considering how obsessively I was playing it for a while, but it's only making it onto this list because I played the Switch version that came out in 2017. I'm deducting points for the technicality and because I want to give points to other things. I don't think I need to extol the virtues of farming to anyone here, so I'll just remind you that if you didn't marry Leah you are objectively wrong.

Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy - 10 Points

Speaking of old games, this was certainly a thing. I've always liked Crash 2 and 3, and this was such a good remaster. It even made the first Crash Bandicoot palatable! Releasing the level cut from the original release as free DLC was a really cool touch too. If only time trials weren't such a massive pain in Crash Bandicoot games I would've platinum'd both of those despite how certain streams early on may or may not have had Crash 2 turning me into a broken man.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - 10 Points

This probably deserves more than 10 points, but it does have a decent number of issues. The main character designs are the most glaring problem, especially since they clash with almost every other character in the game. Still, it's Xenoblade with a gorgeous world, a wonderful soundtrack, and a great story with a ridiculous amount of sidequests to be distracted by. Nopons are still the best.

Super Mario Odyssey - 15 Points

Odyssey is such a good game in every way. I was a bit disappointed to find out how few worlds it had, but each world is so huge that it's understandable.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 20 Points

I started out lukewarm on Zelda; mostly because of the stamina meter. Then I left the plateau and dropped everything else I was playing (sorry Horizon). Nintendo completely outdid themselves on this one, and everyone has their own stories about ridiculous/cool things that happened wandering Hyrule aimlessly.

Persona 5 - 30 Points

I'm still fighting the urge to do a NG+ run since finishing this 7 months ago solely because so many other amazing games came out this year and I need to catch up. Persona 5 ranks among my top RPGs ever, let alone 2017, which is even more impressive considering how stupidly high my expectations were after years of delays. Everything about P5 reeks of coolness from the soundtrack and fluid gameplay to the slick as hell menus.

Honorable Mentions:

- Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
- Horizon: Zero Dawn
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
- Disney Afternoon Collection
- Flinthook
- Etrian Odyssey V
- Metroid: Samus Returns
- NieR: Automata (I've barely started it, but know I'll love it once I do)

Predictions:

- Kingdom Hearts 3 will be delayed into 2019 and beyond.
- Nintendo Labo will be a ridiculous success with the same shortages as every Nintendo experiment. It'll be followed by dozens of thinkpieces about the dangers of kids breaking Switches while attaching them to the cardboard, and then a dozen more about the rad stuff people are making with 3D printed pieces.
- Square will continue to tell us nothing about the FF VII remake as we all wallow in existential dread over how badly they're probably making a mess of it.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by The Plane Is A Tiger; Jan 20, 2018 at 03:58 AM.
Closed Thread

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [Question] The Gamingforce Game of the Year 2017: Super Deluxe Gold Voting Edition w/ loot boxes