Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Ni no Kuni: Wrath of All Y'All Niggas That Got Swindled

Old Jan 25, 2013, 02:48 PM #51 of 131
If you're talking about PlayCanada then I am very aware. They played the Digital River's shitty online ordering system back in the summer by placing 200+ individual orders. It's complete horseshit.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Fluffykitten McGrundlepuss
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:19 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2013, 09:19 PM #52 of 131
One would question what kind of completely crazy motherfuckers would pay $360 for a book and a cuddly toy, given the game itself is worth $40.

Most amazing jew boots
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:21 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2013, 01:21 PM #53 of 131
People are stupid. But stupid people don't give scumbags the right to hoard and gouge for enormous profit.

Anyway, I was under the impression that it was an individual seller, but it may have been PlayCanada. I'll find the link and look again.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2013, 04:48 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2013, 10:48 PM 1 #54 of 131
I like how you have to go to page three of the official forum on the Namco website to find a thread that isn't bitching about the release of the WE. By all accounts, those Play Canada people haven't actually got their hands on the stock yet so a lot of those $400 orders might come back to bite them in the arse if they don't get shipped and with the minor shitstorm brewing over this, I'd be surprised if Digital River are retarded enough to ship 200+ copies to a scalper rather than filling other orders. I would suggest that anyone who got charged for a limited edition before it shipped might want to ring their card provider and report a fraudulent transaction. Getting crap from banks will fuck over DR far quicker than any number of internet petitions.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:55 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2013, 01:55 AM #55 of 131
Namco have spoken up at last:

Quote:
NAMCO BANDAI Games America would like to officially offer clarification to certain stories and sentiments surrounding the Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard's Edition.

NAMCO BANDAI Games America would first like to acknowledge our fans that will not be receiving their copy of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard's Edition. This situation is truly unfortunate, having come about due to a glitch within our E-commerce provider's ordering system. NAMCO BANDAI Games America continues to monitor the situation and is actively working with our E-commerce provider to offer remedies to each and every order. We are also working to ensure that a situation like this never happens again. We respectfully ask for our fans' patience during this time.

NAMCO BANDAI Games America is not, nor has it ever, worked with or in conjunction with the EBay seller known as "PlayCanada" to sell units of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard's Edition at a price premium on EBay .

According to our records, this individual or group of individuals purchased Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard's Edition during the NinoStarter promotion period (August 2012); at which time, no limits were placed on how many units an individual could order.

PlayCanada's claims that they officially worked with NAMCO BANDAI Games America to obtain their stock is entirely false.

We understand the $20 clubNamco voucher that has been offered to our affected fans may give little solace in place of an actual Wizard's Edition package. It is unfortunate that we are unable to produce additional Wizard's Edition units to fulfill all the extra orders; with that in mind, NAMCO BANDAI Games America will be giving the affected fans a 400 page hard bound copy of the Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch strategy guide which includes an exclusive code to unlock a Gold Hurly Familiar in the game in addition to the original $20 clubNamco voucher. Our E-commerce provider will be contacting the affected customers in the coming days with instructions on how to obtain their copy of the Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch strategy guide. We hope that this can give the affected consumers some comfort; NAMCO BANDAI truly does value and care about its fans.
So Play Canada were bullshitting when the said they actually had the copies they'd ordered, people get some DLC and a book, albeit a different book to the one they wanted and Namco probably sue this piss out of Digital River.

FELIPE NO
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:04 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2013, 07:04 PM #56 of 131
Yeah, no more WEs sounds about as expected. Load of shit though.

Glad PlayCanada is going to have to refund a chunk of those orders. Mmm. Delicious.

Also this:

[01/25/13 - 19:01:14] <+Diss> lol giving everyone a free guide
[01/25/13 - 19:01:18] <+Diss> Thanks a lot assholes
[01/25/13 - 19:01:22] <+Diss> I'll use it when I play WAIT LOL

And to think they fucked up and shipped me multiples. Good lord.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Motherfucking Chocobo

Member 589

Level 64.55

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:18 PM Local time: Jan 26, 2013, 02:18 AM #57 of 131
I suspect a company the size of Namco probably could chuck out a few more WEs if they really wanted to and I'm surprised they don't just do that. Unless of course, in our little gamers bubble we're over-judging the number of people this has actually affected. I mean, people are getting pissed about this but how many WE pre-orders actually got taken before anyone realised they didn't have that many to sell? If it's only a couple of hundred missed orders I can see why they wouldn't bother making more, if it's thousands how hard would it really be to churn out a few more?

That Amazon UK can't ship any more on release day due to lack of stock suggests a wider issue in the supply chain somewhere, that or it's selling like nobody's business. Not a great PR exercise all round though really.

Most amazing jew boots
Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:33 PM #58 of 131
Wow. That's... fucked up. SailorDaravon mentioned there was the exact same amount of shit that happened with Marvel VS Capcom back then and knew not to order from them again. But yeah if we weren't so broke, we'd be hard pressed to get the WE too. I guess we're lucky to miss the boat on this one, but man, my condolences to everyone who lost to this mess.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Lacerta
I know how to use a sword!

Member 184

Level 24.77

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:46 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2013, 07:46 PM #59 of 131
Only 7000 copies were created to be distributed in the North Americas (according to Namco UK), all other regions have their own allotment of units which has not been stated.

The CS-only order process that was meant for anyone who had been wrongly canceled during last year or the early orders on the 17th was only meant for 200, 300 people at most. Factoring in all that, they probably aren't going to bother with contracting the factory to pop out another thousand or so.

PlayCanada most likely is still going to sell all of their orders to people who don't care and will stick with it, since from the beginning they mentioned you were buying a pre-order that will be shipped out a week after release. The only thing they lied about was that they were partnered with Namco and receiving everything directly when in fact they just did a large order last year (that will probably be honored since they paid it off).

Digital River is good for things that already exist and can be pushed out immediately. They suck at handling any type of pre-order (I still remember it took an eternity for me to get MvC3 CE and PW3 from them). They pretty much fit that overused Seinfeld clip to a T.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:54 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2013, 06:54 PM #60 of 131
I don't know, I'm not going to punish Level-5 or Studio Ghibli for this gargantuan fuckup, so I'll pick up the game. If their statement is truthful, Namco Bandai were blindsided with this since Digital River hosts the storefront themselves. I thought they only processed and fulfilled orders, but I suppose that's not the case. Simply purchasing the game offline deprives Digital River of its cut (if they're being paid per product sold), and you can still file your BBB complaint with them and not feel disingenuous.

While hardly enough to say "they did good," it was good enough to disarm me of what little anger I had about it. Kim will appreciate the nice hard bound book, and I'm sure a game of this scope will make it useful as she trudges through.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:45 PM Local time: Jan 25, 2013, 08:45 PM #61 of 131
That's exactly why they pushed the guide, so you'd pick up the game anyway, despite the immense fuckup.

Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:35 PM #62 of 131
If they were truly sorry they'd offer a free download code on PSN or something as well. This 400 page spoiler-free guide is as easily printable for Namco Bandai as it is for them to give Sony some extra cash to appease fans with some form of the game. They have fucked up that badly. They still aren't off my shit list. You can talk me down if you'd like and I'm glad they made some sort of formal apology but it just isn't quite enough in my opinion. The $20 voucher is still dangling there like some sort of worm on a hook for wronged consumers to give Namco Bandai and Digital River money they do not deserve. If they actually gave a shit they would bite this bullet as I've described if it's actually not within their power to make more Wizard Edition packages.

Additional Spam:
Yup, I don't care anymore and don't want to wait for Namco Bandai to correct this shit. Just ordered a second-hand copy from some ebay friend from Maine for 63 bucks including free shipping expecting to get here by February 1st at the latest.

Sorry Level-5 and Studio Ghibli. I'd really like to give you money directly but your publisher is complete trash and deserves nothing.

Last edited by FatsDomino; Jan 26, 2013 at 12:47 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:13 AM Local time: Jan 25, 2013, 11:13 PM #63 of 131
That's exactly why they pushed the guide, so you'd pick up the game anyway, despite the immense fuckup.
Yes. Exactly. You see it as outwitting or something?

I'm glad there are the crusaders like Acer, as it's important for these companies to feel the heat when they do something so outrageous to their customers. But I'm not outraged. A little mad on my girlfriend's behalf, but she seems to find this to be an acceptable resolution. And so do I. They fucked up, they refunded us, offered a trinket of apology (one that has use, since Namco Bandai knows we want the game and would very much like for us to still buy it despite their fuckup), and we accepted. Avoided Digital River and hawkers, ensuring the guiltiest parties gained nothing, and we're ready to enjoy what I've been told is a very good game.

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Jan 26, 2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:52 AM #64 of 131
Skills is just saying how by giving out free guides and not the game itself plus other bonuses like maybe all the dlc plus who knows what else groveling things that might have gotten us to trust Namco Bandai again they're just making it so people will definitely want to buy a copy from them. The 20 dollar coupon is even worse since it's them asking you to buy from their shit store once more.

So sure you could look at it as outwitting the customer in both scenarios which is why if you're in this situation and must have the game you really ought to buy second-hand (at a reasonable price) so they don't get any further money. Or just rent the game like Taco.

At the end of the day I miss the art, the music, and the book that would have come with the Wizard's Edition the most. The plush doll isn't exactly the greatest thing and while I'd love a color manual (this shouldn't even be a bonus in 2013 come on guys) and the coin is sorta neat it's just stuff. The book is the neatest thing out of all this and from what I understand came standard with the game in Japan or was at least in large supply. However, I do have scans of the book and bar that the book is in the game. It's just really disappointing that this even happened at all.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:18 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2013, 01:18 AM #65 of 131
The guide is an IMMENSE fuck you of the highest order.

"Here, have this book who's only use is supplementing the thing you can't play because we fucked you out of it".

And a 20 dollar coupon for a store where you can't buy the game, because the regular edition is also sold out. Also it expires in March. Preorder Naruto!

Correct response would have been a voucher for money off the PSN download edition.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:21 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2013, 12:21 AM #66 of 131
They're making it easiest to buy a copy from them, but they just want me to buy a copy. That's not a bad thing. I want the game. They're a business wanting to still make money, and so they want me to buy the game. They're giving me a shiny thing and hoping that I'll buy it, but I get the gift regardless of what I decide. The people primarily responsible for fucking up aren't being rewarded if I buy elsewhere, and I get my apology and apology accessory.

I'm sorry if you're disappointed, Skills, that I won't pick up the standard and fight the good fight or think that I am falling for some corporate scheme by picking a mutually beneficial ending over one that leaves both sides unhappy, but I don't like staying angry and keeping my blood pressure up.

Additional Spam:
I'm not sure if the PSN thing is so great. If you're getting the Wizard Edition, you like physical trinkets and objects. A digital download doesn't sound so great in comparison. The best conclusion would have been a discount for the regular edition. Which they did offer in their store with the credit, before selling out of the regular edition. Haha, so much fucking up

Last edited by Final Fantasy Phoneteen; Jan 26, 2013 at 02:25 AM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:30 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2013, 01:30 AM 1 #67 of 131
Are you retarded or just on jungle juice?

Of course they still want you to buy shit. And of course they're going to the minimum effort possible to appease you.

The thing is what they're appeasing you with is actually a bit insulting. The fact that it's working is ridiculous.

Most amazing jew boots
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:40 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2013, 12:40 AM #68 of 131
Yeah. Minimal effort for minimal inconvenience. I'm not sure if being a belligerent douche is what's giving you tunnel vision, but I said that already. If you feel more inconvenienced than I, feel free to reject their offer and continue to express your dissatisfaction. Like I said, I'll applaud you for doing so.

It only becomes more satisfying when I see how annoyed it makes you. I want to play a game, and I'm not that angry. End of story.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:59 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2013, 01:59 AM #69 of 131
Do you know how to read? Honest question. Do they teach that in Barista 101?

I'm not inconvenienced at all. They accidentally sent me EXTRA COPIES because they are fucking incompetent.

They are giving you a book that is useless unless you have a copy of NNK.

They are giving you a coupon that expires shortly, so you spend money on their shop.
A shop that doesn't have the regular edition either. A shop that's already proven they can't be trusted with your money, since they take paypal dollars and hold them for a week instead of issuing refunds.

So now you've got a coupon that's no good for what you wanted and a book that's useless.

The only thing they have to replace what you wanted is the digital edition. That's why it's the best bet.

I don't know why you have trouble with this, but hey. Bending over for corporate gain is sort of your thing, isn't it?

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:10 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2013, 01:10 AM #70 of 131
That was a generalized "you."

You sound like a fucking hippy. Sorry I'm such a corporate shill, man!

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:12 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2013, 02:12 AM 1 #71 of 131
The book is out of stock on amazon.

Have you considered selling it and then buying it again for a net loss at some point?

How ya doing, buddy?
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:16 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2013, 01:16 AM 1 #72 of 131
Since you have your extra copies of the Wizard Edition, have you thought about what you're going to do with the extras?

Now, I know custom framing it is obviously out of the question, but have you thought about casting it in bronze?

The Plane Is A Tiger
Time Traveling Consequences

Member 125

Level 45.61

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:16 AM #73 of 131
This seems like a good time to mention that stores around here finally got their Ni no Shipments today, so I'm probably going to buy it tomorrow. If anyone doesn't want their insulting guide feel free to send it my way.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:29 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2013, 02:29 AM 1 #74 of 131
I'll cast my foot so far up your ass your children will be born with Down's and your girlfriend will get Hepatitis.

Tonnes of people who already bought the guide are getting duplicates now, so ask around. There are a few in chat.

And Tande's already called dibs on it. So eat my shit.

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:39 AM Local time: Jan 26, 2013, 01:39 AM #75 of 131
Is... is your foot covered in Hepatitis or something

Tags
tails was here, u mad bro?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Ni no Kuni: Wrath of All Y'All Niggas That Got Swindled