Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Anime] Psalms of Planets Eureka seveN

aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 11:24 AM Local time: May 3, 2006, 11:24 AM #76 of 161
personaly, I think it needed some editing(major editing at times) and arcer you have knewn me long enough to know i cant spell, and have no since of grammer. there where several timing issues, and there where just some annoying things throught out. i could understand it, but there is deffently room for improvement.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Old May 3, 2006, 12:11 PM #77 of 161
Yeah, but I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you'd heard and it was exactly that, understandable.

I was speaking idiomatically.
FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

lordo
Progressive Rock God

Member 346

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 04:28 PM Local time: May 4, 2006, 07:28 AM #78 of 161
I finished the series. I thought the translating was fine. Maybe a few errors, but seriously, a few errors to not watching at all. I know which ones.

Some audio felt like it was peaking out in some areas. But Nanashi has lost the point of subbing. Sure it's nice to make something perfect, but it's not essential nor is there a need to take 2 weeks. I mean, why would anyone watch their Noien releases (they've released maybe 1 or 2) when Shinsen is up to 21? Just my opinion, but if that's what is important and they are staying true to that, good on them.

Anyway, about the end:
Spoiler:

As good as it was, I felt they RUSHED the ending and introduced a whole lot concepts near the ending and never really explained them. Such as
-How did Dewy get the Compac drive in his body?
-What is ACTUALLY a Compac?
-What is the amita drive?
-What are LFOs (remember how they were dug up)?

I'm sure there's more that needs discussion, but I'll think of it soon

Still probably the best anime I've watched for a LONG time. Since FMA maybe...

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 05:55 PM #79 of 161
A wiki entry about Archetypes that I translated for the upcoming Eureka fansite. It should clear some things up about LFOs and things like that. LFOs are made based off of Archetypes, so...

It's kind of roughly translated and I don't remember if it was edited, so forgive me.

Spoiler:
An excavated [plastic] model from underground.

The product of these is usually/always four-legged animals and since they are endowed with the ability to shapeshift, they can also force the shape of a human. On the surface is a metal-like material property, the mobile part adopts a structure similar to muscle-fiber. A red fluid mistakable for blood flows on the insides.

The ideas called Overtechnology from mankind's "Former Civilization" before the migration, were widely circulated. The "Former Civilization" was in some way something to become and for what reason they manufactured archetypes was made a mystery. More recently, due to the the Scab Coral intelligence body hypothesis* together with the Scab, the viewpoint of that made of mold was forced to be made.*

The first archetype that humans excavated became the Nirvash typeZERO and was utilized. After this archetype was excavated, the long 'term flying method'* was foolish, and that is why they weren't able to make an understanding. But, according to the Tresor Technical Research Institute's experiments, in the back part, by means of the electric stimulus towards an existing cavity, it was confirmed that a person could pilot it. At the place of excavation, the archetype that became Nirvash, the similarity of Eureka and the Nirvash which she protected, it was definite that she was the pilot, and the endowance of the mobility of the above-mentioned imagination became obvious. The experiment results were the basis of archetype movement without obstruction. The human beings thought, that flying machinery, tools and exterior applied became the modern-day all-purpose LFO.

Because the creation of artificial archetypes seemed to be possible, the military and heavy enterprise industries manufactured and marketed them. Natural use of the replicas in KLF and mass-production style LFOs and a series similar to that of the TERMINUS.

FELIPE NO
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old May 3, 2006, 10:56 PM Local time: May 3, 2006, 10:56 PM #80 of 161
Wow, I am just starting out again. I was Foshi Foci on the old site design, system. I've been away for awhile, but now I am back.

The bizarro-nanashi subs were early and seemed to be less than ready for actual release. Still, definitely worth watching for those who love E7. I will be buying all of the dvds and watching it on AS, as well as downloading the rest of nanashi's subs.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
CuteChocobo
Rurounin Translator

Member 1038

Level 17.93

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 04:56 AM Local time: May 4, 2006, 05:56 PM #81 of 161
Damn, after connecting to that torrent for 4 days without looking at the status and just realised today that the progress was 0% because somehow I can't connect to those 3 trackers

Does anyone know if theres another methods I can get those eps? FTP, mirc, HTTP (I doubt this) ...? Please!

Jam it back in, in the dark.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 08:28 AM #82 of 161
Originally Posted by Foshi
Wow, I am just starting out again. I was Foshi Foci on the old site design, system. I've been away for awhile, but now I am back.

The bizarro-nanashi subs were early and seemed to be less than ready for actual release. Still, definitely worth watching for those who love E7. I will be buying all of the dvds and watching it on AS, as well as downloading the rest of nanashi's subs.
They weren't supposed to be prepared. Bizarro-Nanashi stole our (Nanashi's) early drafts that weren't edited or anything. They simply wanted to put out the episodes since we have everything translated, but not edited or typesetted, all that stuff.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
lordo
Progressive Rock God

Member 346

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 05:56 PM Local time: May 5, 2006, 08:56 AM #83 of 161
I know this sounds real arrogant (or whatever) but perhaps if you guys were faster they wouldn't have felt the need?

I'm not defending them, but people wanted this bad and they gave it to them. Kinda like Robin Hood.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 06:51 PM #84 of 161
Originally Posted by lordo
I know this sounds real arrogant (or whatever) but perhaps if you guys were faster they wouldn't have felt the need?

I'm not defending them, but people wanted this bad and they gave it to them. Kinda like Robin Hood.
They wouldn't. But people need to learn that even if we're fansubbing this, we're doing it as a favor to you. We could drop it now and feel no remorse. Fansubbers have lives, we're all in college and or high school and we have other work that needs to be done and we also have lives. Furthermore its our project and we can do it however fast or slow we want. People can want it as much as they want, that doesn't mean we have to give it to them until we feel it meets our standards, and our standards are very high.

Not to be arrogant or anything. Its the truth. I personally don't care that it got leaked, but people shouldn't waltz around asking like its our god-given duty to do an episode a week.

lordo
Progressive Rock God

Member 346

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 07:40 PM Local time: May 5, 2006, 10:40 AM #85 of 161
If you guys have that attitude it's fine, but I feel that's apretty poor attitude to take towards subbing a series because most people do feel thanks towards you guys, but if you do take a project you should generally commit to it, otherwise what's the point? Another group, even if they didn't steal your subs would've most likely picked it up. I heard one was forming.

Perhaps you should look at your standards, they are fansubs. You guys aren't getting paid for it, fans generally don't care about a typo here and there or if something is a little off.

You guys are the only group subbing it, it's not like they'd download someone elses release compared to yours.

And in my opinion, that was karma for the 5 fake batch release. I'd tell silvervalkyrie to re-think his pranks next time.

Anyway, thanks for subbing it, I'm still gonna download your subs (When you do em so it's a complete set

Sakabadger
オニデレ

Member 8

Level 26.84

Feb 2006

Old May 4, 2006, 11:34 PM Local time: May 4, 2006, 09:34 PM #86 of 161
Well I appreciate a release sans typos and other mistakes and I'm cool with a fansubbing group taking the time they deem necessary to ensure good quality. The karaoke/typesetting/flashy effects I'm more ambivalent towards, but if that's what they enjoy (without compromising translational quality) then all power to them.

The only thing that would bother me about a group is if they forget their mission: to provide subbed episodes of series to the fans because they can't get them any other way. Doing it for the ego or the adulation or whatever and acting petty is just silly.

Supply and demand, anyway. If the demand is high enough, some random group will always step in and try to do things faster (though not necessarily better).

lordo
Progressive Rock God

Member 346

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old May 5, 2006, 09:33 AM Local time: May 6, 2006, 12:33 AM #87 of 161
^

Probably summed up better than I could

FELIPE NO
BurningRanger
...was there

Member 4377

Level 19.38

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 05:06 PM #88 of 161
Does it bother anyone else that they used the Japanese pronunciation of Eureka's name in the dub?

It bothered me, alright.

Edit: By "bothered" I mean I find the dub unwatchable because of it.

Last edited by BurningRanger; May 8, 2006 at 09:27 PM.
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 8, 2006, 05:46 PM #89 of 161
Originally Posted by BurningRanger
Does it bother anyone else that they used the Japanese pronunciation of Eureka's name in the dub?

It bothered me, alright.
I thought at first it wouldn't bother me, but it's starting to grate on my nerves. It sounds so out of place in English, and it sounds forced. In Japanese it had a flow to it, the kind a native speaker can give it, but when an English speaker says it, it's almost like they have to sound it out.

All in all, though, I'm impressed with the quality of the dub so far.

Fjordor
Holy Chocobo

Member 97

Level 32.96

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 03:17 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 04:17 PM #90 of 161
Finished watching the Bizarro-Nanashi subbed version, and I have to say that it was rather good quality. There were occasional problems, like when the subs were overlapping, and some lines seemed to be poorly translated. However, this did not at all prevent me from enjoying this series. The first series conclusion I have watched in a long while which did not give me a melancholic feeling.

Spoiler:
Did anyone pick up whether the Skurve Coral "command center" got replaced? Was it the Nirvash or not?
And why did the death of Dewey cause problems with the Skurve, or was it only his link to the necklaces of the children?
Finally, what happened to the physical world? It looks like the coral crust that covered the Earth was broken up, and it is now floating above the real face of the planet. Did anyone else think this is the case?

How ya doing, buddy?
aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old May 9, 2006, 03:58 PM Local time: May 9, 2006, 03:58 PM #91 of 161
Originally Posted by Fjordor
Finished watching the Bizarro-Nanashi subbed version, and I have to say that it was rather good quality. There were occasional problems, like when the subs were overlapping, and some lines seemed to be poorly translated. However, this did not at all prevent me from enjoying this series. The first series conclusion I have watched in a long while which did not give me a melancholic feeling.

Spoiler:
Did anyone pick up whether the Skurve Coral "command center" got replaced? Was it the Nirvash or not?
And why did the death of Dewey cause problems with the Skurve, or was it only his link to the necklaces of the children?
Finally, what happened to the physical world? It looks like the coral crust that covered the Earth was broken up, and it is now floating above the real face of the planet. Did anyone else think this is the case?
ending:
Yeah, the Nirvash became the 'new command center' im pretty sure it said that almost explicetly, and Eureka/Anemone were the keys that could to starting the prossess, so the necklace was sposted to impeed the prossess i guess. although the fact that Eureka was 'born' with the necklace on kinda makes me wonder(forgive me i believe it shows it for a split second in the first opening after ep 5 or somthing like that). But the thing with Dewey i believe that since it was connected to his heart, and it was a median on which humans could 'communicate' with others and what not, that once he die he communicated death to the Skurve, it believed that death was/would be the only oppsion left.

Who knows, hopefully the editing/better translating when the real release comes out, will help explain things better

Mucknuggle
Baby shrink

Member 534

Level 37.83

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 06:47 AM #92 of 161
So I just watched the first four episodes. It's pretty good. It seems like it goes into more detail than the manga (got it with my LE Vol.1 set). I really like the music. How many eps total is it?

Most amazing jew boots

Aardark
Combustion or something and so on, fuck it

Member 10

Level 40.02

Feb 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 06:50 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 01:50 PM #93 of 161
Fifty episodes, all awesome; also, I think the manga is just a spin-off or something like that, it doesn't really follow the exact same storyline.

Nothing wrong with not being strong
Nothing says we need to beat what's wrong
Nothing manmade remains made long
That's a debt we can't back out of
Old May 13, 2006, 06:51 AM #94 of 161
It's 50 episodes total. So you got a ways to go. Enjoy!

The manga is similar but tells it a little differently here and there. Things obviously move quicker in it too.

FatsDomino
I'm just informing you

Member 11

Level 61.64

Feb 2006

aku
Wonderful Chocobo

Member 164

Level 20.62

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 07:17 AM Local time: May 13, 2006, 07:17 AM #95 of 161
The manga is not a spinoff, it is like ALL of BONES anime/manga it is an awsome retelling of a great story(same with WR, Rah, SP and FMA). there are simularitys, but it is NOT the same story

FELIPE NO
nuttyturnip
Soggy

Member 601

Level 52.11

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 08:23 AM #96 of 161
Originally Posted by aku
The manga is not a spinoff, it is like ALL of BONES anime/manga it is an awsome retelling of a great story(same with WR, Rah, SP and FMA). there are simularitys, but it is NOT the same story
FMA wasn't like that. Up until a certain point, the manga and the anime told the exact same story (except that in the manga everything was present day, while in the anime, much of it was a flashback). After that point, the manga and anime took radically different directions.

Has anyone played the PS2 or PSP games? The PSP game especially sounds interesting, if it's import friendly.

lordo
Progressive Rock God

Member 346

Level 7.71

Mar 2006

Old May 13, 2006, 06:47 PM Local time: May 14, 2006, 09:47 AM #97 of 161
That's what he was saying, they are a simularities, but not the same story. The first couple of chapters have simularities then each go off on their tangent.

BurningRanger
...was there

Member 4377

Level 19.38

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 09:48 PM #98 of 161
Addendum: In the latest dub episode on Cartoon Network, Matthiew's VA slips and calls her Eureka in the American pronunciation. Worst dub ever.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Pokemon Diamond: 1547 1670 1982
Foshi
Laugh and Grow Fat

Member 3194

Level 13.18

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 10:03 PM Local time: May 26, 2006, 10:03 PM #99 of 161
Addendum: In the latest dub episode on Cartoon Network, Matthiew's VA slips and calls her Eureka in the American pronunciation. Worst dub ever.
This is far from being the worst dub ever. E7's dub is actually quite good. All of the voices portray the characters emotions well and they don't sound bad at all. Yes, I do prefer the Japanese dub but I have seen all 50 episodes subbed. For my next run through the series it will be in English and I am not disappointed yet. Btw, the slip up was funny as I thought they changed it over to the English pronounciation for the remainder of the series. Alas, I was mistaken as they gave Eureka the Japanese pronounciation later on in the episode. :eyebrow:

If you want to see some bad dubs go watch some hentai. Seriously, most anime dubs nowadays are actually quite good and well thought out. Nothing much beats Ghost in the Shell's dub imo.

pyrus421
the sky remains the same as ever

Member 597

Level 10.26

Mar 2006

Old May 26, 2006, 11:26 PM Local time: May 26, 2006, 09:26 PM #100 of 161
Originally Posted by Foshi
Yes, I do prefer the Japanese dub but I have seen all 50 episodes subbed
All 50 subbed? Where did you get this? Last I checked, Nanashi was only finished up to episode 38.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Anime] Psalms of Planets Eureka seveN