Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] inFAMOUS

UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2009, 08:22 PM #1 of 16
inFAMOUS

Originally Posted by Official Site
A massive explosion rips through six square blocks of Empire City, leveling everything and killing everyone in its path... everyone, except you!. From the creators of the award-winning Sly Cooper series, Sucker Punch brings you inFAMOUS, an open-world action-adventure title exclusively for the PLAYSTATION®3 system.

Players will feel what it's like to be granted incredible powers... how you use them is up to you. The consequences of your actions will affect you, the citizens, and the city around you. You'll develop and grow your powers, and eventually uncover the purpose of it all.

EXPERIENCE
Feel what it's like to wield extraordinary electrical-based powers; and grasp the responsibility that comes with it. Battle against powerful iconic villains and uncover your true purpose.

Climb and interact with anything! Have complete freedom to explore Empire City. Scale the cityscape to discover new vantage points and engage in vertical combat.

Play in a living and breathing city ecology. Watch the citizens and city react and evolve depending on your actions. Events will unfold based on the role you take, creating broader reactions in the city’s people and environment.
I am playing this game right now and it is grrrrrrreat. Still kind of wondering why there isn't a thread yet though. The game sort of has a Crackdown feel, except it takes itself a lot more seriously and actually has a story.

You also get access to the Uncharted 2 beta, which'll be badass.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Rockgamer
(OH CRAP. IT'S THE DUKE)

Member 370

Level 43.75

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2009, 08:35 PM Local time: May 28, 2009, 07:35 PM #2 of 16
I was pretty underwhelmed by the demo, so I probably won't be getting it anytime soon. It's not that it was bad, but it just felt like I've done it all before. Not helping was all the similarities to Sly Cooper it had, which just makes me want Sly 4 even more now.

The best part is definitely the Uncharted 2 beta, but I'm not buying a $60 game for a fucking beta.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Single Elbow
You have no dignity.

Member 707

Level 34.01

Mar 2006

Old May 28, 2009, 08:38 PM Local time: May 28, 2009, 06:38 PM #3 of 16
What he said. Played the demo as well.

Felt like it has been a "Been there, done that" before.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Dagobert
Chocobo

Member 25642

Level 10.44

Oct 2007

Old May 29, 2009, 02:09 PM #4 of 16
I have not been following anything about this game, and apparently it's gotten good reviews. I need to try this game, I guess I'll download the demo later today.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Celisasu
Tattered Wings

Member 8011

Level 9.35

Jun 2006

Old May 30, 2009, 02:54 PM Local time: May 30, 2009, 11:54 AM #5 of 16
I've started this game although it'll be awhile before I really focus on it(playing Resident Evil 5, Punch Out, and Cross Edge right now). It's fun so far although I do hope that I get to face something other than guys with guns eventually. After awhile it gets boring to face yet another guy shooting you with a gun. The control scheme is simple and works well. Very pretty game too.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Zefier
Breaktime

Member 7533

Level 14.42

May 2006

Old May 31, 2009, 01:26 AM #6 of 16
I'm currently playing it right now and I do have to say that it's brilliantly designed, although you can really only see these design choices when you actually play the game. Without giving away spoilers, I can say that they've thought things through and really grasped how to gradually break the player in. Things are never truly frustrating, but some of the stuff you have to do is really challenging.

Oh, and riding the rails is just awesome.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2009, 12:11 AM #7 of 16
I'm currently playing it right now and I do have to say that it's brilliantly designed, although you can really only see these design choices when you actually play the game. Without giving away spoilers, I can say that they've thought things through and really grasped how to gradually break the player in. Things are never truly frustrating, but some of the stuff you have to do is really challenging.
Yeah, some of the later fights get slightly difficult, I played normal difficulty, though. The design of everything works well together. I agree that it was very thoroughly thought through.

Oh, and riding the rails is just awesome.
This. I also enjoy Thunder Dropping off huge buildings and watching everything pretty much explode.

I beat the game as a Hero today. Collected all the Dead Drops and almost half of the Blast Shards. I'll probably try to get the last Hero ability tomorrow and start playing as Evil.

I also still haven't tried out the pre-order ability. I cheated Gamestop into giving me two codes because I hate them (pre-ordered online so they sent me a code via email, then asked for the voucher when I picked up the game).

FELIPE NO
No. Hard Pass.
Salty for Salt's Sake

Member 27

Level 61.14

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2009, 12:35 AM Local time: May 31, 2009, 11:35 PM #8 of 16
I really didn't enjoy this game at all. The magnet-stick-to-everything-you-come-near aspect made it feel waaaaay too much like Prince of Persia. (Hey hit a button. Great, now something happens you have no input in. Great.) The story was awful, and there wasn't enough variance in the powers.

One thumb down, one thumb sideways.

Most amazing jew boots

John Mayer just asked me, personally, through an assistant, to sing backup on his new CD.

Animechanic
whipping boy

Member 1106

Level 23.57

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2009, 03:03 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2009, 12:03 AM #9 of 16
Oh hey a thread. I simply assumed no one was going to make one because no one plays PS3 around here. "LOL NO GAEMZ" and all that.

Anyways, I have it, I like it, I've beaten the storyline on Hero but still have plenty of stuff to do. I think what I enjoy most is just navigating rooftops as fast as possible via power cables. This game needs a time trial mode like Mirror's Edge.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Living Legend
Chocobo

Member 124

Level 13.72

Mar 2006

Old Jun 1, 2009, 04:34 AM Local time: Jun 1, 2009, 01:34 AM #10 of 16
My brothers seem to buy everything that gets a score higher than 8.0 on gametrailers, so we have it here.

This game looks great, the climbing is fun, the music adds a nice little element to the battles, but this game bored me after the first two or three missions.

It just reminds me of going around Liberty City as Spiderman or something. Instead of shooting webs, you're shooting electricity. All while you're sticking people to the ground and fighting big mechanical monsters here and there and jumping from really high places because it looks cool.

There really isn't much more to it than that.

There's nowhere I can't reach.

Take this keycard, you can unlock the doors in the hall with this. Now GO!...JUST go!
A hero that lived long enough to see himself become the villain.
Elix
Wark!

Member 1673

Level 1.60

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2009, 10:31 PM 1 #11 of 16
I don't know, if it combined aspects of Prototype (namely gore and being able to punch through people), it'd be that much better.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
UltimaIchijouji
Gold Chocobo

Member 789

Level 28.86

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2009, 10:43 PM 1 #12 of 16
I don't know, if it combined aspects of Prototype (namely gore and being able to punch through people), it'd be that much better.
Hi Elixir.

edit// I got bored halfway through my second playthrough as Villain. Only 50% trophies but whatever. Also sorry Elix I was wrong!

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by UltimaIchijouji; Jun 15, 2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: stupidity
YO PITTSBURGH MIKE HERE

no

Member 74

Level 51.30

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2009, 10:44 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2009, 07:44 PM 1 #13 of 16
Now, now. That could be anyone.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2009, 10:45 PM Local time: Jun 15, 2009, 09:45 PM 4 #14 of 16
I wish I was as intelligent as Ultima.

I mean, look at that join date. Or his THREE POSTS, and assume that we didn't check the IP already, or any of that.

Or even that he'd post a comment like that.

Fucking awesome.

Most amazing jew boots
value tart
FROM THE FLOOR

Member 267

Level 49.52

Mar 2006

Old Jun 15, 2009, 11:48 PM #15 of 16
Now, see, if the post were:

Quote:
You know, guys, Supa Kawaii Theft Auto V did everything inFAMOUS did on the PS1 6 years ago, don't see the big deal here.
then it'd be Elixir.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] inFAMOUS