Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[PS3] Demon's Souls - So the world might be mended. So the world might be mended. So the wo

Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Oct 7, 2009, 02:37 PM Local time: Oct 7, 2009, 12:37 PM #51 of 84
I was able to pick it up yesterday, as the guy called me and admitted he was silly and dumb and had completely missed the box they were in.

Made a female Temple Knight since the starting armor for a Soldier looked ridiculous. I tried my best to kill that very first boss to see what exactly happens, but he was cheesy and got a combo off of my stagger. Did any of you guys do it? Seems like it's simple enough to beat him.

In any case, finished up with the Nexus stuff, killed the red-eyed Knight a couple times, got a blue-eyed Knight to drop a Boletarian Shield (first time I've seen that in the 50 or so times I've killed 'em), and then just now finished Phalanx. It's good, but I don't think it's the absolutely incredible game it's been hyped up to be. Still, I'm a fan of From Software, and they've at least got some solid gameplay behind the intriguing atmosphere this time.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
ZiggyGo
Mountain Chocobo

Member 29067

Level 26.11

Mar 2008

Old Oct 7, 2009, 08:05 PM #52 of 84
Try 4-1 if you guys wanna cry. Seriously. The game is rather non-linear, but some parts are really sadistic.
This. My god, those skeletons are a PAIN IN THE ASS (ESPECIALLY THAT FUCKER with the dual katanas). I also agree that 2-1 isn't too bad. So now, I've beaten 1-1, 2-1, and 3-1, and as much as I want to try 5-1, I fear it's more sadistic than 4-1...

EDIT: Yeah...fuck 4-1. I lost 9000 souls there just recently...first time I couldn't make it back to my body too...fuck.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 9, 2009, 09:01 PM Local time: Oct 9, 2009, 08:01 PM #53 of 84
On the flipside, if you have a magic zappy stick, the skeletons are not really much of an issue. As a rapier user though, they are rough when trying to melee. Piercing doesn't work on them, for obvious reasons. Use a large class shield like the easy to get purple flame one for blocking the black skeletons, but they can stagger you quick. Like most enemies they fall to range attacks really quickly though.

On the flipside, if you can learn to pop the blue skeletons, and their archer friends, you can avoid the black one and just move on to the point of grabbing the compound long bow in 4-1. That plus the hard arrows sold by the hyena guy you save in 2-2 makes your game considerably easier.

I managed to clear up to 1-3, and all of world 2 so far. The compound long bow makes things almost too easy at parts, though. I'm working on making it vicious level 1, and then hopefully taking that to vicious +5. I have most of the mats, just need a handful more splinter of spiderstones.

PS, 9000 is nothing. It's when you lose 45k that rage kicks in. Especially when it's some invading asshat.

I was speaking idiomatically.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Oct 9, 2009 at 09:06 PM.
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:09 AM Local time: Oct 10, 2009, 08:09 AM #54 of 84
I still haven't left Boletaria Castle (1-1, I guess it's called). I've just been looping through the place-- going up the roof, killing the red-eyed knight, going through the courtyard, past the bridge with all the soldiers, then down the tower with the blob things for some hardstones. I get about 5000 souls and one or two stones every time, so now I have Evacuation and most of my weapons and shields up to +2.

Grinding this same place has already gotten pretty repetitive, but the game's pretty good about displaying the fruits of one's efforts pretty quickly (like being able to wield the Shield of Blue Flame and the Claymore with one hand). I'll probably move on pretty soon, though.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2009, 02:32 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2009, 01:32 AM #55 of 84
What soul level is everyone? If anyone's similar, we could see if we could find a spot to drop blue stones and meet up there, but the lack of voice chat would mean it would be easier to communicate via xbox or something similar if you've also got one of those.

Mine's 30ish.

FELIPE NO
Final Fantasy Phoneteen
what

Member 119

Level 36.08

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2009, 03:45 AM Local time: Oct 11, 2009, 01:45 AM #56 of 84
Since I've focused most of my souls onto purchasing Evacuation and making repairs, I'm only level 17 or so. I'll catch up pretty quick though, I think.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 11, 2009, 06:54 PM Local time: Oct 11, 2009, 06:54 PM #57 of 84
Soul Level 28 and I'm through the first two stages in World 1 and through the first in World 2. Fuck world 3 and its magic. About to go to 2-2 and try the (what I assume) fire boss.

The hell with those slugs. Is there an easy way to kill them?

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:23 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2009, 10:23 AM #58 of 84
Okay fuck this shit. The Flame Lurker has eaten up 7 of my Ephemeral Stones now. My WT is fucked and I can't even take out 25% of his HP. He stunlocks me and then AoE, stunlock, AoE, stunlock, AoE.

Whats worse is that Water Veil and the Purple Flame Shield don't actually give fire resist...

My magic and intel are at like 12 apiece..I guess I'm off to farm skeletons for 30 hours so I can afford higher spell damage to...maybe kill him.

Maybe.

Seriously this boss is unfair beyond belief.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:54 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2009, 09:54 AM #59 of 84
Erm, is the fire shield being held up? The fire resist isn't passive from the shield, it only mitigates damage if you're actually blocking with it and the attack hits it.

Also, using Ephemeral stones as revives and HP boosters is missing the point of the stones, unless you're using them to look for and gather blue phantoms. And if you managed to get even one, the boss would drop quick.

If you have 12 magic, you can learn a spell, at least. Let him roll toward you, hit your shield, and then roll the fuck away, even if you have no remaining stamina and have to do it between small rests to regain some. Don't magic him unless he's in the middle of his punch animation. Use Soul Arrow or something.

I'd help but I doubt you're in the range of soul level 50, so.

How ya doing, buddy?
Soluzar
De Arimasu!

Member 1222

Level 37.11

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2009, 11:02 AM Local time: Oct 13, 2009, 05:02 PM #60 of 84
I got my copy. So far all I did was get killed by the tutorial boss, and end up in the Nexus as a disembodied soul. Shortly I'll be making an attempt at a real level.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2009, 01:53 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2009, 01:53 PM #61 of 84
Erm, is the fire shield being held up? The fire resist isn't passive from the shield, it only mitigates damage if you're actually blocking with it and the attack hits it.

Also, using Ephemeral stones as revives and HP boosters is missing the point of the stones, unless you're using them to look for and gather blue phantoms. And if you managed to get even one, the boss would drop quick.

If you have 12 magic, you can learn a spell, at least. Let him roll toward you, hit your shield, and then roll the fuck away, even if you have no remaining stamina and have to do it between small rests to regain some. Don't magic him unless he's in the middle of his punch animation. Use Soul Arrow or something.

I'd help but I doubt you're in the range of soul level 50, so.
My magic is high enough for two spells. When he rolls towards me, he slashes, knocking me down regardless of what I do...then he does the AoE. That usually is enough to kill me, sometimes the first hit alone.

Is it worth the use of a summon on him? I don't want the summon to be a one hit kill as well. I'll try again after work tonight but with my stats I SHOULD be able to take him on....should be.

Additional Spam:
Lost 40k farming for skeletons. Tried to get to 4-2 and died before even being able to hit the fat boss there...

Best I could do is target him and shoot a few arrows. Going to ground level was even more laughable....I got up to 40k just from trying to GET to that point. FML.

Last edited by Lukage; Oct 13, 2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: This member got a little too post happy.
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2009, 11:36 PM Local time: Oct 13, 2009, 10:36 PM #62 of 84
What do you mean, worth the use of a summon?

The stones that turn you into body form are limited, but there is no expendable that is used for finding blues. You find a blue message on the ground and activate it, summoning the guy. That is the action that's the entire point of being in body form. The counter point being that while you're in body form, some black phantom polesmoker can invade.

The blues are subject to the same level +- 10 stipulation that the blacks are, so there won't be a 1 hit.

Using the stones simply for the HP max boost is pointless, since you lose the stealth element soul form provides, making them useless outside of boss fights and/or blue phantom finding.

Of course, dying so many times in body form probably pushed the WT to solid black, eh? Even getting down there using the shortcut, and assuming you're neutral CT and wearing Cling, you're what. 70 percent normal HP range or something?

--------

PS. Anyone down for some item trades? I need a few mats for Dark Purple Flame Shield +5. I need 9 chunk and 1 pure Cloudstone(s). I can trade several other things, including a spare hiltless katana if you don't feel like the headache that is BP Satsuki.

Soul Level 82.

Last edited by Jurassic Park Chocolate Raptor; Oct 13, 2009 at 11:45 PM.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:28 AM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 11:28 AM #63 of 84
I've got tons of Cloudstone, actually.

I should be playing most of the day today. I talked to a customer yesterday who says to just summon a player for the Flame Lurker. I was under the impression that the blue were even more uncommon than the Ephemeral, plus I didn't know how effective the summon would be. I'll give it a shot and maybe dick around with it.

FELIPE NO
Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:08 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 11:08 AM #64 of 84
Cloudstone shards are nothing. I have 99 stored and am constantly throwing away the rest. It's the chunks I'm worried about.

You need to be at a level 72 <= L <= 92 though or we won't be able to trade.

You can only drop your blue phantom stone to be summoned by others, not to summon people. You need to be in body form to even find the blue writing in order to summon, though. You don't summon people via an item, you offer yourself TO be summoned via one.

Kostaki
Team Bonklers!

Member 2155

Level 22.18

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:20 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 12:20 PM #65 of 84
I refuse to believe people actually like King's Field. I owned King's Field 2 for PS1 back when I was like 11 and I fucking hated it then. That said, the graphics are nice?
King's Field was fucking awesome, so awesome in fact that I own all three of the US releases. I also (finally) bought a Playstation 3 JUST to play this game, because it is the closest thing to a new King's Field we'll see from From Software for a while.

I spent a couple days screwing around with beating the tutorial boss though, so I'm not very far in yet. I've had a lot of fun pushing the limit of what can and can't be done with my character though, like trying to kill that dragon in 1-1 but having the fucker fly away at 30%. Walked over to pick up the treasures back there, and as I got the last one WHAM, oneshotted by tailswipe scaring the shit out of me. King's Field moment, right there.

Awesome, awesome shit.

Most amazing jew boots
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 03:57 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 03:57 PM #66 of 84
Well crap. Someone needs to drop one in front of the Flame Lurker then....I waited around for like an hour this morning.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 04:05 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 03:05 PM #67 of 84
It just instances those words in when you load into the game. Not when you sit there. Buy evacuate and cast that, then reload and proceed down again, if you use the shortcut that could take two minutes at most.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 14, 2009, 07:49 PM Local time: Oct 14, 2009, 07:49 PM #68 of 84
Motherfuckers. Got him. I ditched some items and wore two fire resist rings....and tanked him without tanking any damage.

Ugh.

Dragon.....I worked on summons. I understand how it works.

Ended up dying, aiding someone on the lurker, getting 7500 souls. Spending souls, going for dragon since it brings me back alive.

Summon, have failure partners. Finish it myself: Success.

I'm tempted to find a group that we can farm the bosses with...wished some of them knew how to take on the dragon god. Even at a partial rate, the souls are worth it.

Philia
Minecraft Chocobo

Member 212

Level 29.20

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2009, 02:21 PM #69 of 84
I played this briefly. I gotta say... I try to abuse EVERYTHING just to kill whoever. I'm the "keep away" sort and I never really like upclose combat and try to avoid it whenever possible.

First run, I managed to get all the way the two knights (red/blue) and I was afraid. DEATHLY afraid of them. I saw the blue one first and decided to run the other way and saw the more nastier RED ahead. I caught his eye and he began chase. Holy shit, I RAN the whole way back. I turned around several times in such paranoid fashion. Nothing. I went back and I saw him just standing there just before the downstairs entrance from outside of that edge walkway. I caught his attention again, and like before, I ran like mad. I had an idea of luring him into that hole from the beginning. Again, I saw he wasn't on my ass. I went back, and caught him "stuck" at the upper entrance that leads out to the outside wall walkway (where you can fall off from). I managed to get a few free hits in since he couldn't move his spear as he was being blocked halfway from the wall. He managed to move freely and I again ran like mad. After knowing that he probably lost me again or so, I turned around not long after. Messing about in those narrow stairs as I went back looking for him (again in paranoid fashion), and all the sudden, I got 2000 souls. I was like the hell? Oooh, he must had fell off! I ran up there to the edge and found his body over the edge. Too bad I'd die to just pick his stuff up. :\ But it didn't matter, I got his souls.

I then moved ahead up to the blue knight... with little less fear this time, and fought him a bit and barely whittled him into death really. (I'm playing as a Knight, which took a toll on my stamina I think from wearing that heavy armor.) I got upwards to something like 5k of souls which was a nice sum for me to go back to get that Heater shield and a couple of upgrades/smithing and but for some life of me, I decided to pull ahead anyway and fell into that section of a pit where the ally was (which was the best idea I ever had) and started lobbing those fireballs I had been reserving. Pretty dang useful for mobs of those undead from there.

I managed to pull ahead and just kept lobbing and accidentally killed my ally (his health was pretty low due to my using him as my scout and defense onto those other knights). I figured oh... I probably should restart or something... but nah, lets see what lies ahead! And twice in a row, I died from walking into a cache of gunpowder barrels with a undead fucker lobbing a fireball. He could only kill himself to KILL ME. ;___;

Then I decided holy crap, this game is going to be the death of me.

Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 15, 2009, 09:19 PM Local time: Oct 15, 2009, 09:19 PM #70 of 84
Dear Grim Reapers in 4-2:

I fucking love you.

PS: No seriously, 6,000 souls just 1 minute into the stage? Hell yes.

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2009, 02:18 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2009, 01:18 PM #71 of 84
Is your character female? If so, she can wear the silver bracelet, and that stacks with the ring of avarice, which, when combined with pure black world tendancy, makes sure you get far more than just 6000 per shot.

Plus, don't forget to shoot the manta right out the door for another 1000+.

FELIPE NO
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2009, 10:56 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2009, 10:56 PM #72 of 84
The manta are bastards and harder to hit than the regular ones. I'm light WT there...helped a guy go through and take down the boss. Getting a good feel for it, but how do you try to take on the LAZER CHARGIN guys?

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:01 PM Local time: Oct 16, 2009, 10:01 PM #73 of 84
The shadowmen?

In most cases against the laser dudes, you have range and/or height advantage, so pop them with arrows or spells.

Alternatively, kill the reaper. There are 3 reapers, and each controls the room's shadowmen. If you're looking for reaper 2, he's halfway down, where you encounter the first giggling female shadow...person I guess. Watch out and make sure she doesn't backstab you for the instant kill. That *sucks*.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Lukage
High Chocobo

Member 570

Level 40.69

Mar 2006

Old Oct 17, 2009, 01:25 AM Local time: Oct 17, 2009, 01:25 AM #74 of 84
Well I've got a strat down, but basically head-on just is going to hurt?

The first area with those, I get the first guy as he goes up the stairs. From that point you can hit the reaper below.

Soul level is 65 now, so I'm working my way up...

Reactor online.
Sensors online.
Weapons online.
All systems nominal.

Member 80

Level 56.91

Mar 2006

Old Oct 23, 2009, 02:27 AM Local time: Oct 23, 2009, 01:27 AM #75 of 84
Just cleared this at soul level 96. Last boss is very disappointing, sorry to say.

Overall, pretty solid title. I love the stage design and how you've gotta be on your toes 24/7, and if you fuck up but once you're pretty much shit out the backside of a cannon, but I didn't like the drop percentages when grinding for weapon mats, nor the inconsistency of the bosses.

The grinding drop percentages got annoying, even with a high 35+ luck and a sword of searching, it can take you way too long to get some pieces. To the point where it stops being fun, and that's a big downer considering how fun the combat here is.

Although the bosses...some of them were ridiculously easy (anything in world 4 or 5 was an absolute joke with a bow), but some pretty much required you to be an epic cheap ass to complete with any consistency, simply because they seem designed around one solution, and if your build can't do that competently, the only option left to you is being a shitheel.

All in all though, the combat is fucking excellent and the game's super ballin'. Awesome.

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Video Gaming > [PS3] Demon's Souls - So the world might be mended. So the world might be mended. So the wo