Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™ Discussion

Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:26 AM Local time: Jun 7, 2006, 11:26 AM #1 of 777
I'll be upping Into Eternity as soon as I get it ripped, and I'll probably also put up the Dredg album Leitmotif, since it didn't make it with the others when they were put up.

I was considering Hurt, as well. They're not on the radio yet, but they're not totally obscure, either, and the similarities to Tool will earn them a few fans around here, I think.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:34 PM Local time: Feb 19, 2007, 11:34 PM #2 of 777
Really enjoying this Earth album, wvlf. Thanks for that.

I'll probably be uploading some Bohren & Der Club of Gore after I can re-encode it in VBR. It's dark, creepy nightclub jazz, and someone recommended it to me after I requested the music from The Maxx series.

I considered uploading Amon Tobin's latest, Foley Room, but I only had it in 320 cbr. You can definitely tell the difference between vinyl sampling on his last album and the outside sampling he did on this one, though. Motorcycles and Rhinocerous sounds.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 3, 2007, 05:17 PM Local time: Mar 3, 2007, 05:17 PM #3 of 777
The next Bohren & der Club of Gore album is up, and if I have time, I'll probably upload Dredg's Leitmotif album later on, since that was the only one that didn't show up in the last crop of Dredg uploads.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Mar 8, 2007, 12:23 AM Local time: Mar 8, 2007, 12:23 AM #4 of 777
Sorry, I should have realized people would want to hear the other albums, but I've been trying to delete a bunch of stuff I don't use on my hard drive lately.

Here's the torrent I used to get them.
http://isohunt.com/download/14679098/bohren

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 26, 2007, 04:40 PM Local time: Jul 26, 2007, 04:40 PM #5 of 777
Put up some Fair to Midland. I didn't realize it, but they're getting radio play and a few reviews from prominent sites like IGN. I guess word about them is spreading fast now that they're on Serj Tankian's payroll.

If I get the chance later I'll probably upload Bonobo's album Days to Come. It's a lot better than M for Monkey, in my opinion.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2007, 11:30 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2007, 11:30 PM #6 of 777
This is the first I've heard of Minus the Bear. I never really heard much math rock, but I dig the stop-start stuff. I'm just not too fond of the singer's vocals. A few more listens might help it sink in.

I went back and got those Nick Drake albums, too, Knk. I had heard Pink Moon before, but I really liked a lot of songs on all three albums, so thanks for upping those. (And of course thanks to Moon for archiving.) I'll have to pick them up the next time I get some cash.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 15, 2007, 11:55 PM Local time: Sep 15, 2007, 11:55 PM #7 of 777
So the remasters aren't anything to get excited over, then? I see some news for Fruit Tree being rereleased as a limited edition, but none of the prices I've seen are under $50.

(If you meant vinyl, I don't have a record player. )

FELIPE NO
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Sep 23, 2007, 01:30 AM Local time: Sep 23, 2007, 01:30 AM #8 of 777
I just realized after spending all that time uploading that sendspace has a per-day limit on downloading. =/

Well, if I may make a recommendation, get Bonobo first, then come back for D&K.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Nov 19, 2007, 04:33 PM Local time: Nov 19, 2007, 04:33 PM #9 of 777
I listened to Powerglove.
And then I shed tears of pure joy.

Jam it back in, in the dark.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 10, 2008, 09:30 PM Local time: Jul 10, 2008, 09:30 PM #10 of 777
While I'm not a big fan of Alexisonfire in general, I might be willing to download this last album of theirs. I wasn't too impressed with their first album and we saw them at Warped back in 2004 to the same lukewarm feeling from me. City & Colour, on the other hand, THAT is an awesome upload and I recommend everyone to grab it and listen to it.
I listened to a discography of them, and I didn't like the first album either. The second was pretty good, but this one is definitely my favorite. I'd say give it a chance if you like the back and forth of growling and soft vocals.

I hate to say it, but everything in this last upload gets filed with Arcade Fire in the "Overplayed to Hell" folder for people who live in Canada. This stuff has been playing in the same rotations as Rihanna and Fall Out Boy for about four years now up here. :/
Yeah, I figured this would be old hat to the Canucks, but I really haven't seen much exposure for them locally, or heard any of my friends online or off talk about them. I can understand why you might shrug at the thought of listening to them again, though.

If there's no objections, I'll probably follow up with City & Colour's second album, which I consider to be a lot better than the first. (Which was already pretty good.)

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:18 PM Local time: Oct 29, 2008, 10:18 PM #11 of 777
Posted a local band for you guys. It's the first time since I first saw Dredg as an opening band that an opening band has gotten me excited about their music.

It's not all gold, but the real meat of the album is great stuff. Hope you guys enjoy.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2008, 12:36 AM Local time: Dec 5, 2008, 12:36 AM #12 of 777
Whoa Skexis, that Pop Pistol stuff is awesome.
I'm surprised they're not signed yet, it's so damned good.
Hey, man, glad you liked it! I felt pretty much the same way you did when I saw them, so I hope their career takes off. From the way they were talking, though, they're pretty attached to San Antonio as a city (they were all about encouraging local artists-- even had someone painting a picture on the stage while they played), so I dunno how much exposure they'll get unless they decide to up and move to Austin or out to Cali.

As for today, I loaded up a band called Portal, who have been nonstop in my car radio and winamp lately. The singer's voice and lyrics just mesh so well with the music, I can't stay away from it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:06 PM Local time: Dec 5, 2008, 10:06 PM #13 of 777
Where do you hear about all these great little unsigned acts? Do they just play in your area and sell their albums at local venues or what?
Sometimes, although to be honest a lot of the underground stuff I get is from this thread. Portal was a recommendation from a friend who gets a lot of alternative and rock releases on the internet.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Dec 11, 2008, 10:21 PM Local time: Dec 11, 2008, 10:21 PM #14 of 777
Little update for any fans of Pop Pistol: they apparently put their album (which I discovered is called Angelus) on bandcamp.mu, which offers a lot of different qualities, including flac, and you get to name your price. It also has "official" album art if you're into that kind of thing.

The version I put up has an extra instrumental track, "You Will Fall," which is decent but not a dealbreaker. Anyway, if you liked the album enough, check it out.

How ya doing, buddy?
Skexis
Beyond

Member 770

Level 34.03

Mar 2006

Old Jul 21, 2009, 11:20 PM Local time: Jul 21, 2009, 11:20 PM #15 of 777
I remember when that William Shatner album first came out, our local rock radio station was using a bunch of random clips from it for the morning show and basically pointing their fingers and laughing. Then, "What Have You Done" came on and each of them stopped dead mid-sentence. You could hear the smiles melt off each of their faces even as their esteem of the album soared.

It's a very powerful track.

FELIPE NO

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™ Discussion