Gamingforce Interactive Forums
85239 35211

Go Back   Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre
Register FAQ GFWiki Community Donate Arcade ChocoJournal Calendar

Notices

Welcome to the Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis.
GFF is a community of gaming and music enthusiasts. We have a team of dedicated moderators, constant member-organized activities, and plenty of custom features, including our unique journal system. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ or our GFWiki. You will have to register before you can post. Membership is completely free (and gets rid of the pesky advertisement unit underneath this message).

[Album] Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™ Discussion

Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old May 12, 2006, 10:30 PM #1 of 777
I uploaded some damn good avant-garde electronica to the Exposure thread. I highly reccomend y'all give them a listen.

Jam it back in, in the dark.

Last edited by Moon; May 15, 2006 at 06:27 PM.
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Jul 30, 2006, 07:21 PM #2 of 777
If any of you are curious as to what Post Rock mixed with Techno would sound like, check out my latest post, second album. The first album is also rather good too.

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Jul 13, 2007, 08:23 PM #3 of 777
Oh, ok.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Sep 19, 2007, 09:11 PM #4 of 777
After some pouring of access logs, I found out what happened. Sometime on the 16th, 274 unique users were downloading contents from my albums folder. At the same time. This resulted in the use of 1.1 TERABYTES of bandwidth within a period of about 5 hours.

Needless to say, my webhost suspended the account until I could get this shit under control. It turns out nearly all the connections were by direct request from my albums folder, which means someone shared the link with a high visitor site and the visitors proceeded to rape my server with orgasmic fury.

The solution: turn off indexing in my albums folder. All the links should still work; you just need to know the link to it. Kinda defeats the purpose of hosting them in one place if no one knows exactly what's there, but if y'all have a better suggestion, I'm open to it.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?

Last edited by Moon; Sep 19, 2007 at 09:15 PM.
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Sep 29, 2007, 10:48 AM 1 #5 of 777
I decided to trun indexing back on for the albums folder, and all MEC contributions are now uploaded. Feel free to replace your dead links and download away!

Just no sharing the link to the folder this time with other sites <__<.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Oct 8, 2007, 05:46 PM #6 of 777
Name the ones you want and links will magically appear!

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Oct 13, 2007, 01:32 PM #7 of 777
I'm getting a 404 on that link. But I also had another idea: what if accessing that link was tied to your GFF account? That way, only registered members could access it. It would help keep other people from going download crazy (who weren't on the site, at least).

Also, I've uploaded miaou albums before, but I'm pretty sure you have others. If you do, can you upload them? I'd like to hear them.

I turned off indexing again because I was reported to the Man .___. How would I tie the link to my GFF account, because that would solve the Man problem?

But here are the Miaou albums I have:
Happiness
Make These Things Right
Painted EP

FELIPE NO

Last edited by Moon; Oct 13, 2007 at 01:35 PM.
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Nov 7, 2007, 06:17 PM #8 of 777
Hey Moon, is your FTP still available for the club? I think I could use it to directly upload my albums instead of sendspace, the lack of resuming my uploads always kill my patience, thanks.
Sure. I deactivated it for a while due to lack of use, but if you want to use it, then here's the info:
Addy: 67.55.54.146
U: mec
P: MECCEM
Port: 21

Access what you upload with a link like the following
http://67.55.54.146/MEC/Circle Jerks - Wonderful.rar

P.S I was reported to the Man once already, so please keep what you upload within Gamingforce or another private forum. Thanks~

wvlfpvp:
I agree that CD Four is the best of the series, though CD One has its high points (like track 5 and 14). But yeah, there's too much Italian / Spanish operas on it. Though there can never be too much opera of any sort.

The singer is given as the first part of the file name, and I took exquisite care to ensure the ID3 tags were relevant.

What, you don't want my bikini-clad body?

Last edited by Moon; Nov 7, 2007 at 06:20 PM.
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2007, 08:32 AM #9 of 777
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Nov 9, 2007, 11:33 PM #10 of 777
Alio Die - Password For Entheogenic Experience
Andrew Bird & the Mysterious Production of Eggs
Apartment 26 - Music for the Massive
Argyle Park - Misguided

I'll get to reuploading the rest tomorrow. Thanks to a particularly kinky wizard and bowl of nachos, I have a backup of the old MEC thread. So ask away!

There's nowhere I can't reach.
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Nov 10, 2007, 09:53 AM #11 of 777
Acid Bath - When The Kite Strings Pop
Air - Moon Safari
Algy Krebbs Quartet - Parrots On Fire (and other signs of hope)

As for uploading things to Moonspace, you're going to need an FTP browser. This should do nicely. Then just plug in the info I gave in my Nov 7 post. Let me know if any questions arise while doing this.

This thing is sticky, and I don't like it. I don't appreciate it.
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:35 PM #12 of 777
So, just a question . . . did anyone actually listen to the Langley Schools album?
Yeah. It was goddawful terrible.

I am a dolphin, do you want me on your body?
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Nov 23, 2007, 08:43 PM #13 of 777
Kenso - III
For all you curious onlookers, I've always thought the album is similar to a PS2 RPG's soundtrack being done by Ozric Tentacles.

I was speaking idiomatically.
Moon
River Chocobo

Member 34

Level 23.53

Mar 2006

Old Dec 24, 2007, 08:45 PM #14 of 777
I was wondering where the hell I got it from. I know it wasn't the last thread because I don't have it in my archive, so it must've been the pre-crash thread... Well, whoever the hell originally posted it, it is indeed good shit.

What kind of toxic man-thing is happening now?

Exploding Garrmondo Weiner Interactive Swiss Army Penis > Garrmondo Entertainment > Media Centre > [Album] Gamingforce Music Exposure Club™ Discussion